Subject: [hybi] draft-loreto-http-bidirectional

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:37:54 +0300

Hi there,

we have just submitted the following draft:
"Best Practices for the Use of Long Polling and Streaming in 
Bidirectional HTTP"

The draft is a first tentative to describe what does it means to use 
HTTP for Bidirectional communication
and how to better use HTTP, as it exists today, to enable such 
"bidirectional HTTP" using "long polling"
and "HTTP streaming" mechanisms.

until it will appear on the IETF website you can find it here:
http://xmpp.org/internet-drafts/draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-00.txt

we are looking forward to receive your comments, suggestions and 
feedbacks on it

we would like to remind that the preferred venue for discussion of this 
document is the [email-masked] mailing list
(visit <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi> for further 
information).

best regards
Sal

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-00
Date: 	Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:15:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 
[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked] 

A new version of I-D, draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Salvatore Loreto and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-loreto-http-bidirectional
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Best Practices for the Use of Long Polling and Streaming in Bidirectional HTTP
Creation_date:	 2009-06-11
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 16

Abstract:
There is widespread interest in using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
(HTTP) to enable asynchronous or server-initiated communication from
a server to a client as well as from a client to a server.  This
document describes how to better use HTTP, as it exists today, to
enable such "bidirectional HTTP" using "long polling" and "HTTP
streaming" mechanisms.

The IETF Secretariat.