Subject: [hybi] Requirement: close WebSocket connections

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:48:02 +0200

Hi

still as general requirement (please not discuss the actual solution, 
but only if it something that
we want or not in the protocol)

    Req. WebSocket Protocol MUST provide for graceful close of an active
    WebSocket connection
              on request from the user. WebSocket Protocol MUST also
    allow ungraceful close, either
              on request from the user or as a result of a detected
    error condition.

all thoughts or comments are very well welcome and appreciated.

cheers
Sal

Salvatore Loreto
www.sloreto.com

---

From: Ian Hickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:07:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Salvatore Loreto wrote:
> 
> still as general requirement (please not discuss the actual solution, but only
> if it something that

What exactly does "user" mean in this context?

-- 
Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
Things that are impossible just take longer.   `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'