Subject: [hybi] draft Agenda

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 21:27:02 +0200

Folks,

the *draft* agenda for Anaheim is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/10mar/agenda/hybi.html

Please note that the agenda is still under discussion,
so expect changes.

cheers
/Sal

-- 
Salvatore Loreto
www.sloreto.com

---

From: Ian Hickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:37:33 -0800

> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/10mar/agenda/hybi.html

Since most of the people involved in this effort are likely not going
to be attending the face to face meeting, could I request that the
"Process and way of working" topic be discussed on the mailing list
rather than at the meeting? I fear that if we discuss this with only a
subset of the group, specifically a subset that self-selected as
people willing to go to face-to-face meetings, we will end up with a
process that is not optimal for the majority of the people involved.

Other than that, the agenda looks good to me.

-- 
Ian Hickson

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:54:04 -0700

> process that is not optimal for the majority of the people involved.

IMHO there is no "rather than" here. It can be quite productive to
discuss such issues over a high-bandwidth connection, i.e., in person,
especially when we might need to gather input regarding IETF process
from the people who know that topic best. However, the results of that
in-person discussion will be preliminary and WG consensus will be
determined after the meeting on this list. The IETF's face-to-face
meetings are not, and are not intended to be, exclusionary in any way,
and consensus is always determined based on input from the full WG, not
the subset of the WG that happens to show up at any given face-to-face
meeting.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Justin Erenkrantz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:33:27 +0000

> Please note that the agenda is still under discussion,

Will there be an IRC channel or similar for those who can't be there
face-to-face?

I'll be in Santa Clara at EclipseCon on Wed the 24th: if anyone else
is going to also be at EclipseCon, perhaps we can find some space
together in parallel between 1-3pm?

Cheers.  -- justin

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 13:54:44 +0100

On 13.03.2010 13:33, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> ...

XMPP (Jabber), not IRC.

See <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/77/#2010-03-24_1130>:

Audio stream: http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf778.m3u>

XMPP: <xmpp:[email-masked]?join>

Best regards, Julian