Subject: [hybi] #2: Connection persistence requirements

From: "hybi issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 10:49:18 -0000

#2: Connection persistence requirements
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  salvatore.loreto@…             |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement                    |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                          |   Milestone:     
Component:  websocket-requirements         |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:     
-------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 There has been a long discussion on the mailing list about how  to deal
 with keepalives and connection failures due to NAT timer resets or
 reboots.
 here the mail thread: http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/hybi/current/msg01741.html

 This ticket is being created to track the major discussion points and
 check the consensus for eventual requirements.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/trac/ticket/2>
hybi <http://tools.ietf.org/hybi/>
The Hypertext-Bidirectional (HyBi) working group will seek
standardization of one approach to maintain bidirectional
communications between the HTTP client, server and intermediate
entities, which will provide more efficiency compared to the current
use of hanging requests.