Subject: [hybi] WebSocket API and protocol as one draft

From: "Anne van Kesteren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:10:16 +0200

I think WHATWG complete.html has been mentioned a few times here already.  
I thought I'd bring up that there is now a version where all the  
WebSocket-related material is in one HTML file so you do not have to load  
over five megabytes first:

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/complete/network.html

Like the complete.html version it supports filing bugs. I personally find  
this much better to read than the text/plain versions.

There's also a backup copy hosted here that does not support filing bugs  
but might be useful in case the whatwg.org version is offline for some  
reason:

http://html5.org/complete/network.html

-- 
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/

---

From: Sander Striker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 13:58:48 +0200

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Anne van Kesteren <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I think WHATWG complete.html has been mentioned a few times here already. I
> thought I'd bring up that there is now a version where all the

As a silent observer here I've witnessed having the WebSocket API (with UA
implementation recipes) and Protocol too close to each other lead to confusion,
and with that, conflict.

> this much better to read than the text/plain versions.

I guess that's simply a matter of taste.  I find the black, green, blue and red
to be a bit too... uneasy on my eyes.

> There's also a backup copy hosted here that does not support filing bugs but
> might be useful in case the whatwg.org version is offline for some reason:
>

More sources us not less confused make.

And a controversial remark, to follow up on my previous line: wouldn't it make
sense to have a ref to the IETF draft in there as well?

I may have the wrong impression.  But, FWIW, I'm still trying to figure out how
two groups effectively trying to define the same protocol, will come
to a unified
conclusion without choosing a venue first.

Cheers,

Sander

> _______________________________________________
> hybi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi
>