Subject: [hybi] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hybi-design-space-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Design Space for Bidirectional Protocols
	Author(s)       : J. Moffitt, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hybi-design-space-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-06-28

As technologies for bidirectional communication over HTTP have become
pervasive, interest has grown in (1) defining improved mechanisms for
support of existing technologies (short-term solutions such as new
HTTP headers) and (2) the development of new bidirectional protocols
(long-term solutions such as WebSocket, Bidirectional Web Transfer
Protocol, and Reverse HTTP).  In order to provide context for such
work, this document provides a tentative map of the design space for
bidirectional HTTP, with special attention to deployed infrastructure
(e.g. web clients, intermediaries, firewalls, NATs, web servers) and
programming environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hybi-design-space-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.