Subject: [hybi] Spec progress vs IETF 78

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:45:44 +0200

Hi,

there's a submission deadline in two weeks from now for WG drafts: 
<http://www.ietf.org/meeting/cutoff-dates-2010.html#IETF78>.

Several formal and editorial problems with draft 00 were reported over a 
month ago:

<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg02086.html>

Some of the formal problems were confirmed by Salvatore one week ago:

<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg02137.html>

Are we planning to fix at least some of these issues before the 
submission deadline?

If editor bandwidth is the issue, please consider making the XML source 
of -00 available, so people can submit patches at least for the 
non-controversial issues.

If anything reported in 
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg02086.html> *is* 
controversial, I'd appreciate if we could actually discuss those now-ish.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: "Anne van Kesteren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:11:14 +0200

> non-controversial issues.

The source of the specification is ultimately HTML. (From that XML is  
generated I believe from which the ID is made.)

Specifically: http://svn.whatwg.org/webapps/source

-- 
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 03:52:33 -0700

>Are we planning to fix at least some of these issues before the 

There is also the three issues listed for 
draft-ietf-hybi-websocket-requirements.

>*is* controversial, I'd appreciate if we could actually discuss those now-ish.

I would appreciate that too.  It allows people who cannot/do not 
attend the meeting to participate more easily in the discussions.

Regards,
-sm