Subject: [hybi] #7: Size of messages and/or total message size

From: "hybi issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:04:52 -0000

#7: Size of messages and/or total message size
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  g_e_montenegro@…          |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect                    |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                     |   Milestone:     
Component:  websocket-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document        |    Keywords:     
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Should the spec say anything about message size? The current requirements
 spec talks about message blocks (Req. #12, #13, #15, #16) but says nothing
 about the size of those blocks. Blocks, imply there is some limit on those
 at least for DoS protection but also to be able to interoperate ("what is
 the largest block we can exchange?"). The protocol draft in section 4.2
 (Data Framing) item 3.6 mentions length of the messages and the fact that
 some lengths may not be reasonable, but no mention as to what that value
 is.  The aggregation of blocks is another issue for which there may be no
 limit (e.g., for streaming).

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/trac/ticket/7>
hybi <http://tools.ietf.org/hybi/>
The Hypertext-Bidirectional (HyBi) working group will seek
standardization of one approach to maintain bidirectional
communications between the HTTP client, server and intermediate
entities, which will provide more efficiency compared to the current
use of hanging requests.