Subject: [hybi] Reminder to document editors: Internet Draft final submission cut-off is July 12

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 13:53:04 +0100

Hi,
This is a friendly reminder from the Area Director responsible for this 
WG that Internet Draft submission cut-off is July 12:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/cutoff-dates-2010.html#IETF78

It looks like there are some changes that need to be implemented to WG 
documents, so it would be good to see documents updated before the IETF 
meeting in Maastricht.

Best Regards,
Alexey

-- 
IETF Application Area Director, <http://www.ietf.org/iesg/members.html>
Internet Messaging Team Lead, <http://www.isode.com>
JID: same as my email address

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:38:03 +0200

> documents, so it would be good to see documents updated before the IETF

This hasn't happened.

But: as far as I recall, IDs can be submitted again starting Monday next 
week. Of course that doesn't help those who want to read all current 
drafts before/during travel.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:40:08 -0700

Hi Julian,
>This hasn't happened.

It's been nearly two months since you raised the issue.  The HyBi WG 
Chair asked for some changes ( 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg02137.html ) 
nearly a month ago.  The IETF Area Director asked for the documents 
to be updated over a week ago ( 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg02159.html ).

If the editors of the documents are too busy, it would be better to 
appoint new editors to do the work.  I suggest making the final 
decision through this mailing list and not at the upcoming meeting.

Regards,
-sm

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:59:39 +0100

Hi SM,

> decision through this mailing list and not at the upcoming meeting.

While I would like to hear from editors (publicly on the mailing list or 
privately) if they think they are too busy to work on documents and need 
some help, I would like to let WG chairs to handle any changes or 
appointments to editors.

Regards,
Alexey

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:38:20 +0300

as chairs we are working on how to solve those issues.

Greg Wilkins has clearly resigned from being the co-editor of the 
Requirement draft,
and  Maciej Stachowiak has been busy on other stuff...
we are looking for a new co-editor(s) so to avoid in the future the lack 
of progress.
We have already some name in mind,
but if you want volunteer or have some name to suggest please do not 
hesitate to send an email to the chairs.

Anyway the chairs will announce the decision shortly in the mailing list.

we  are also thinking and working on how to speed up the work on 
theWebSocketProtocol,
and solve the issues that has been raised on it both technical and 
procedural issues.

cheers
Sal

-- 
Salvatore Loreto
www.sloreto.com

On 7/20/10 12:59 AM, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> hybi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi
>

---

From: Scott Ferguson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:36:40 -0700

> and solve the issues that has been raised on it both technical and 
Appointing an editor willing to work with the working group would be a 
good start. :)

-- Scott