Subject: [hybi] #9: Sub-Protocol support

From: "hybi issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:09:09 -0000

#9: Sub-Protocol support
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  g_e_montenegro@…          |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                     |   Milestone:     
Component:  websocket-requirements    |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                         |    Keywords:     
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Client and server may agree on a given sub-protocol. In the non-default
 case in which the native wire protocol and framing are not used, enhance
 reuse of components by allowing sub-protocols to simply use the
 established communication channel without imposing any further
 requirements on them.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/trac/ticket/9>
hybi <http://tools.ietf.org/hybi/>
The Hypertext-Bidirectional (HyBi) working group will seek
standardization of one approach to maintain bidirectional
communications between the HTTP client, server and intermediate
entities, which will provide more efficiency compared to the current
use of hanging requests.