Subject: Re: [hybi] sample implementation of my most recent proposal posted

From: "Shelby Moore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 00:07:14 -0400

> It turns out there is one gotcha I ran into
> -- the extension data needs to be fragmentable since it could be
> arbitrarily long, but that leads to some implementation complexities
> that I did not address in this sample code

I warned you of that and gave you the solution:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg03854.html

If you make the fragmentation frame semantically agnostic, then you can
put anything in it. Then you can just follow with a frame with a payload
of extension data (under my proposal you would do that when the payload is
larger than some constant, I suggested 253 but could be any chosen value,
even negotiated if you want).

Also the implementation for my proposal would be much simpler and better
structure for OOP.

> There is also a bit of awkwardness regarding per-message metadata
> and per-frame metadata

Yes I warned you about conflating the message semantic layer with the
fragmentation-frame layer. See my link above for the elegant solution.

Oh well. Good luck. Maybe you will figure it out.