Subject: [hybi] hum #2: length vs sentinel based approach

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 18:20:32 +0200

based on slide #7 in http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/78/slides/hybi-1.pdf

as Chairs we asked for a hum on if we should have both a length based 
and sentinel based approach;
and asked the following questions:

  (a) Should we have a single mechanism?
  (b) Should we have two separate mechanisms?

There was strong consensus in the room for the first.  It was the 
strongest sense in the Jabber room as well.

Based also on the mailing list discussion there is rough consensus a 
length based approach.

So unless people will raise good technical reasons against (during the 
next week):
we will declare consensus on

    * a single mechanism
    * length based

Joe Hildebrand and Salvatore Loreto
as chairs