Subject: [hybi] Change of editorship

From: Ian Hickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 00:02:30 +0000 (UTC)

Ian Fette and I chatted about his proposals on Friday and came the 
conclusion that Ian was in a better position to specify an interoperably 
implemented specification for this topic than I was, since he believes 
more strongly in the direction of the group than I do. We therefore 
decided to trade responsibilities and have Ian take up the editor's 
position for WebSockets. I'll continue on as editor of the API.

Cheers,
-- 
Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
Things that are impossible just take longer.   `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 01:14:11 +0100

Did you think to discuss this with the hybi WG chairs (and the WHATWG steering group you are also apparently responsible to), or is this another unilateral decision? 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ian Hickson
Sent: 15 August 2010 01:03
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [hybi] Change of editorship

Ian Fette and I chatted about his proposals on Friday and came the conclusion that Ian was in a better position to specify an interoperably implemented specification for this topic than I was, since he believes more strongly in the direction of the group than I do. We therefore decided to trade responsibilities and have Ian take up the editor's position for WebSockets. I'll continue on as editor of the API.

Cheers,

---

From: Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 17:32:00 -0700

We discussed this with the hybi WG chairs and secretary. S.M. suggested that
Hixie send out a note to the list with this announcement.

-Ian

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 5:14 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Did you think to discuss this with the hybi WG chairs (and the WHATWG
> steering group you are also apparently responsible to), or is this another
> unilateral decision?
>
> implemented specification for this topic than I was, since he believes more
> strongly in the direction of the group than I do. We therefore decided to
> trade responsibilities and have Ian take up the editor's position for
> WebSockets. I'll continue on as editor of the API.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> _______________________________________________
> hybi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi
>

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 21:34:06 -0700

Hello,
At 17:14 14-08-10, [email-masked] wrote:
>Did you think to discuss this with the hybi WG chairs (and the 
>WHATWG steering group you are also apparently responsible to), or is 
>this another unilateral decision?

I suggested to Ian Hickson that he send a note about the friendly 
trade of responsibilities between him and Ian Fette instead of me 
writing a formal announcement.

Ian Fette will be editing the draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol 
document.  This matter has been discussed with the HyBi WG Chairs.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
HyBi WG Secretary

---

From: Greg Wilkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:21:03 +1000

Hixie,

thanks for your work on this document and doubly thanks for realizing
that the process will be best served by somebody that believes more in
the IETF process.
But I hope that you do continue to contribute.  I really hope that the
WG exceeds your expectations and produces a reasoned refinement of
your protocol and that in the end you will be able to be accept it as
fulfilling the majority of your goals while accommodating the concerns
of others.   But even if there are significant changes (which I
doubt), you at least got all the concerned parties involved,
interested and ready to roll out implementations - which is no small
achievement.

IanF,

Thanks for stepping up.

cheers