Subject: [hybi] #14: TLS/NPN for a next version of the specification

From: "hybi issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 06:20:19 -0000

#14: TLS/NPN for a next version of the specification
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sm+ietf@…             |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement           |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                 |   Milestone:     
Component:  thewebsocketprotocol  |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document    |    Keywords:     
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 TLS handshake based on draft-agl-tls-nextprotoneg-00 from Salvatore Loreto
 on 6 Aug 2010
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg03087.html

 Situation with TLS+NPN from Eric Rescorla on 7 Aug 2010
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg03097.html

 NPN requirement from Julian Reschke on 13 Aug 2010
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg03166.html

 Proposal from Adam Barth on 15 Aug 2010
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg03228.html

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/trac/ticket/14>
hybi <http://tools.ietf.org/hybi/>
The Hypertext-Bidirectional (HyBi) working group will seek
standardization of one approach to maintain bidirectional
communications between the HTTP client, server and intermediate
entities, which will provide more efficiency compared to the current
use of hanging requests.