Subject: [hybi] #17: Changes to Section 4.2

From: "hybi issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 17:14:13 -0000

#17: Changes to Section 4.2
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sm+ietf@…             |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect                |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                 |   Milestone:     
Component:  thewebsocketprotocol  |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document    |    Keywords:     
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Message posted by Patrick McManus on 2 Sept, 2010:

 Section 4.2 -

   * as noted the ABNF from 1.2 is moved here

   * Payload length - before "The payload length is" .. insert the
 sentence "Multibyte length quantities are expressed in network byte
 order." - that's an impt omission.

   * I had trouble understanding where the extension data length came
 from. I now (think) I understand that it is part of the extension
 definiton or negotiation itself. I changed the Extension Data definition
 to reflect this requirement more clearly:

       "The extension data is 0 bytes unless there is a reserved op-code or
 reserved bit present in the frame which indicates an
 extension. Any extension MUST specify the length of the extension data and
 its use MUST be negotiated during the handshake."

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg04005.html

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/trac/ticket/17>
hybi <http://tools.ietf.org/hybi/>
The Hypertext-Bidirectional (HyBi) working group will seek
standardization of one approach to maintain bidirectional
communications between the HTTP client, server and intermediate
entities, which will provide more efficiency compared to the current
use of hanging requests.