Subject: [hybi] #21: Changes to Section 4.7 Extensibility

From: "hybi issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 17:24:01 -0000

#21: Changes to Section 4.7 Extensibility
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sm+ietf@…             |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect                |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                 |   Milestone:     
Component:  thewebsocketprotocol  |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document    |    Keywords:     
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Message posted by Patrick Mcmanus on 2 Sept, 2010:

 Section 4.7 Extensibility

 With respect to section 4 framing there isn't a lot to say about
 extensibility. I replaced the existing section 4.7 text with this:

 "   The endpoints MUST negotiate the use of any extensions during the
 handshake. This specification provides opcodes 0x6 through 0xF, the
 extension data field, and the frame-rsv1, frame-rsv2, frame-rsv3, and
 frame-rsv4 bits of the frame header for use by extensions.   "

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg04005.html

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/trac/ticket/21>
hybi <http://tools.ietf.org/hybi/>
The Hypertext-Bidirectional (HyBi) working group will seek
standardization of one approach to maintain bidirectional
communications between the HTTP client, server and intermediate
entities, which will provide more efficiency compared to the current
use of hanging requests.