Subject: [hybi] WebSocket Wiki

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:42:32 +0100

Hi, it seems that it is hard to expect that a separate document with
technical rationale would be written (given the today/yesterday
threads), so I propose at least the following:

In the wiki (http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/trac/wiki) there could
be usual questions containing just links to relevant mails/threads in
the archives. For example:

* Motivations for the handshake:
- link to mail 1
- link to mail 2
...

* Motivations for client to server masking:
- link to mail 1
- link to mail 2
...

I expect this wouldn't take so many time for the authors and
participants in this group from the start to fill such basic questions
(as they know better than anyone which exact threads covered the
useful discussions about each issue).

This would produce two beneficts:

1) Newcomers could easily understand the reasoning behing current
specs. This is a MUST IMHO.

2) It would be easy to write, in a future, a draft/document containing
the rationale of the spec.

Maybe option 2 never takes place, but at least make it feasible.

Cheers.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>