Subject: [hybi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 12:20:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The WebSocket protocol
	Author(s)       : Ian Fette
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-15.txt
	Pages           : 77
	Date            : 2011-09-17

   The WebSocket protocol enables two-way communication between a client
   running untrusted code running in a controlled environment to a
   remote host that has opted-in to communications from that code.  The
   security model used for this is the Origin-based security model
   commonly used by Web browsers.  The protocol consists of an opening
   handshake followed by basic message framing, layered over TCP.  The
   goal of this technology is to provide a mechanism for browser-based
   applications that need two-way communication with servers that does
   not rely on opening multiple HTTP connections (e.g. using
   XMLHttpRequest or &lt;iframe&gt;s and long polling).

   Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-15.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-15.txt

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:31:36 +0100

>   Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.
This version should addresses the remaining DISCUSS from IESG and many 
non-blocking comments made by IESG members.

There are several minor comments I would like to address before being 
done with WebSockets 1.0: a couple of extra non-blocking comments from 
IESG reviews, possible extra text about what status code to use in a 
reply to Close frame, fix a couple of typos. I would like to avoid any 
major rewrites or additions, unless absolutely necessary (and supported 
by clear majority in the WG).

In the meantime, please have a read and tell Ian and myself if there are 
any errors, typos, unintended changes in meaning, etc.

Thank you,
Alexey

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:34:44 +0100

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>> directories. This draft is a work item of the BiDirectional or 
>> Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.
>>
> major rewrites or additions, unless absolutely necessary (and 
> supported by clear majority in the WG).

Clarification: this should be in -16 targeted to be posted sometimes 
before the end of October 23rd.

> In the meantime, please have a read and tell Ian and myself if there 
> are any errors, typos, unintended changes in meaning, etc.
>
> Thank you,
> Alexey

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 23:20:01 +0100

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

>> This version should addresses the remaining DISCUSS from IESG and 
>> many non-blocking comments made by IESG members.
>>
>> done with WebSockets 1.0: a couple of extra non-blocking comments 
>> from IESG reviews, possible extra text about what status code to use 
>> in a reply to Close frame, fix a couple of typos. I would like to 
>> avoid any major rewrites or additions, unless absolutely necessary 
>> (and supported by clear majority in the WG).
>

I meant *September* 23rd (this week).