Subject: [hybi] SPNEGO with WebSockets

From: Adam Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 12:17:44 +0900

Has anyone implemented SPNEGO authentication in conjunction with the
WebSocket handshake? I am wondering whether it is necessary and also
whether it is possible to do it in an RFC6455-compliant manner.

Thanks,
Adam Rice

---

From: Joakim Erdfelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:28:57 -0700

The Jetty Project [1] has several SPNEGO modules for hooking up SPNEGO into
the Java Servlet Engine.
(Providing Login Services [2], User Principals [3], User Identity [4],
Authenticators [5], etc ...)
While we have not tried a SPNEGO + websocket upgrade, we see no reason it
wouldn't work.

[1] http://eclipse.org/jetty/
[2]
http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/stable-9/apidocs/org/eclipse/jetty/security/SpnegoLoginService.html
[3]
http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/stable-9/apidocs/org/eclipse/jetty/security/SpnegoUserPrincipal.html
[4]
http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/stable-9/apidocs/org/eclipse/jetty/security/SpnegoUserIdentity.html
[5]
http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/stable-9/apidocs/org/eclipse/jetty/security/authentication/SpnegoAuthenticator.html

--
Joakim Erdfelt <[email-masked]>
webtide.com <http://www.webtide.com/> - intalio.com/jetty
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts
eclipse.org/jetty - cometd.org

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Adam Rice <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> hybi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi
>
>

---

From: Jesse McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:00:30 -0500

and some docs on all that:

http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/spnego-support.html
--
jesse mcconnell
[email-masked]

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Joakim Erdfelt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> webtide.com - intalio.com/jetty
>> WebSocket handshake? I am wondering whether it is necessary and also whether
>> it is possible to do it in an RFC6455-compliant manner.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Adam Rice
>>

---

From: Adam Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:09:59 +0900

Thank you. If someone has already tried it please speak up, otherwise I
will give it a try when I have some time.

On 25 October 2013 09:00, Jesse McConnell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> whether

---

From: Jesse McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:14:31 -0500

we would give it a try but none of us have access to the environment
required to test that any longer, should be straight forward though so
long as all of the bits in the Note: section at the bottom are taken
into account

if you have issues lemme know, I wired that stuff up originally

cheers,
jesse

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Adam Rice <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Thank you. If someone has already tried it please speak up, otherwise I will
> give it a try when I have some time.
>
>