Subject: [hybi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression-27.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 02:09:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Compression Extensions for WebSocket
        Author          : Takeshi Yoshino
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression-27.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2015-08-06

Abstract:
   This document defines a framework for creating WebSocket extensions
   that add compression functionality to the WebSocket Protocol.  An
   extension based on this framework compresses the payload data portion
   of WebSocket data messages on a per-message basis using parameters
   negotiated during the opening handshake.  This framework provides a
   general method for applying a compression algorithm to the contents
   of WebSocket messages.  Each compression algorithm has to be defined
   in a document defining the extension by specifying parameter
   negotiation and payload transformation algorithm in detail.  This
   document also specifies one specific compression extension using the
   DEFLATE algorithm.

   Please send feedback to the [email-masked] mailing list.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression-27

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression-27

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Takeshi Yoshino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 18:10:44 +0900

Addressed some of issues pointed out by Ben:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression/ballot/#ben-campbell