Subject: Re: [hybi] WAMP and protocol layers riding on Web Sockets and Java Web Socket implementation

From: Scott Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 21:01:32 -0500

Hi All,

   Tobias brought up WAMP a few days ago, and I have also done some work on
a similar topic.    My idea is more limited to routing, history (of a
message), and sender information only and is here (very informal);
https://github.com/adligo/taxi.adligo.org/blob/master/README.txt
https://github.com/adligo/taxi.adligo.org/blob/master/diagrams/taxi_deployments.png
https://github.com/adligo/taxi.adligo.org/blob/master/diagrams/taxi_download.png
https://github.com/adligo/taxi.adligo.org/blob/master/diagrams/taxi_upload.png
https://github.com/adligo/taxi.adligo.org/blob/master/diagrams/taxi_use_cases.png

I am interested in any comments to TAXI which I am planning to put on top
of Web Sockets sometime in the future.  Please use the github issues
feature for comments on TAXI.

@Tobias I have some comments on WAMP
https://github.com/adligo/taxi.adligo.org/blob/master/comments_on_similar_protocols/WAMP.txt

Everyone, is there a list of protocol layers somewhere that could be placed
on top of Web Sockets somewhere for things like publish, subscribe, RPC?

Also, I have a Java implementation of Web Sockets which I am trying to get
the Apache HttpComponents or JCP (I can't afford a membership) groups to
pick up.  If they are not interested does anyone know of a good source of
funding for maintenance (i.e. Grants).
http://cvs.adligo.org/viewvc/aws_client
http://cvs.adligo.org/viewvc/aws_client_tests
They will eventually end up on github;
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fabricate-tests4j-now-githubcom-scott-morgan

Cheers,

Scott