Subject: [hybi] RFC 7692 on Compression Extensions for WebSocket

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 16:38:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7692

        Title:      Compression Extensions for WebSocket 
        Author:     T. Yoshino
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 62411
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression-28.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7692

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7692

This document defines a framework for creating WebSocket extensions
that add compression functionality to the WebSocket Protocol.  An
extension based on this framework compresses the payload data portion
of WebSocket data messages on a per-message basis using parameters
negotiated during the opening handshake.  This framework provides a
general method for applying a compression algorithm to the contents
of WebSocket messages.  Each compression algorithm has to be defined
in a document defining the extension by specifying the parameter
negotiation and the payload transformation algorithm in detail.  This
document also specifies one specific compression extension using the
DEFLATE algorithm.

This document is a product of the BiDirectional or Server-Initiated HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Takeshi Yoshino <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 22:33:07 +0900

Finally, the permessage-deflate extension got RFC-ed.

I'd like to once again say thank you to everyone who participated in the
standardization in any form (discussion, reviewing, implementation/testing,
editing, using, ...).

and, thank you so much for final review and editing, RFC Editor team!

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 9:38 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> hybi mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi
>