Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-perkins-snmpv3-overview-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:31:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Consolidated Overview of Version 3 of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3)
	Author(s)	: D. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-perkins-snmpv3-overview-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-4-12
	
This document describes a Session Based Security Model (SBSM) for use
   within version 3 of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3).
   The security model is designed to establish a "session" between two
   interacting SNMPv3 entities, over which SNMP operations can be sent
   securely.  It provides a number of security properties not previously
   available in defined SNMPv3 security models, such as public key based
   identity authentication, limited life-time keying, and the ability to
   make use of previously implemented and deployed security
   infrastructures for purposes of identification and authentication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-snmpv3-overview-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-perkins-snmpv3-overview-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-perkins-snmpv3-overview-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.