Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-farrel-mpls-preemption-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:39:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multiprotocol Label Switching Pre-emption
	Author(s)	: A. Farrel
	Filename	: draft-farrel-mpls-preemption-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2004-4-9
	
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) signaling is documented in
'RSVP-TE: Extensions to RSVP for LSP Tunnels', RFC 3209, using
mechanisms inherited from 'Resource ReserVation Protocol --
Version 1 Functional Specification', RFC 2205.

MPLS includes the concept of pre-emption where, for administrative
reasons such as contention for system resources, a new Label Switched
Path (LSP) may displace an existing LSP.

This document clarifies the procedures for MPLS pre-emption in the
light of implementation experience. The procedures in this document
update those described in RFC 2205 and RFC 3209, but apply only to
RSVP-TE used in the MPLS context.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrel-mpls-preemption-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-farrel-mpls-preemption-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-farrel-mpls-preemption-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.