Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-funk-eap-md5-tunneled-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:42:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The EAP MD5-Tunneled Authentication Protocol   (EAP-MD5-Tunneled)
	Author(s)	: P. Funk
	Filename	: draft-funk-eap-md5-tunneled-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-4-5
	
EAP-MD5-Tunneled is an EAP protocol designed for use as an inner 
authentication protocol within a tunneling EAP protocol such as EAP-
TTLS or EAP-PEAP. It is cryptographically equivalent to standard 
CHAP and the EAP-MD5-Challenge protocol. It can be used inside an 
EAP tunnel without exposing the system to the type of man-in-the-
middle attack which use of CHAP or the original MD5 Challenge 
protocol is subject to, yet it is capable of being converted to CHAP 
credentials at the tunneling endpoint for proxy forwarding to legacy 
AAA servers, with no modification required of the legacy AAA server.  
It may also be converted to EAP-MD5-Challenge credentials at the 
tunneling endpoint for the purpose of proxy; however, the downstream 
server that terminates the EAP-MD5-Challenge must be modified to 
provide a challenge that meets certain criteria.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-funk-eap-md5-tunneled-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-funk-eap-md5-tunneled-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-funk-eap-md5-tunneled-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.