Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:32:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Virtual Home Agent Reliability Protocol (VHAR)
	Author(s)	: H. El-Rewini, et al.
	Filename	: draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-02.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2004-4-12
	
Current specifications of Mobile IPv6 does not provide Home Agent 
   Reliability in the home link. The aim of this draft is to introduce 
   Virtual Home Agent Reliability Protocol as the solution. In this 
   protocol multiple Home Agents coexist on the same home link and share 
   the same Global IP address. Only one of them is active at a time and 
   serves the Mobile Node. The Home Agent failure and failover 
   mechanisms are completely transparent to the Mobile Node which is 
   required for minimal service interruption time. This protocol does 
   not introduce any new Mobile IPv6 message over the air interface and 
   thus helps reducing the overall overhead.   Current specifications of Mobile IPv6 does not provide Home Agent 
   Reliability in the home link. The aim of this draft is to introduce 
   Virtual Home Agent Reliability Protocol as the solution. In this 
   protocol multiple Home Agents coexist on the same home link and share 
   the same Global IP address. Only one of them is active at a time and 
   serves the Mobile Node. The Home Agent failure and failover 
   mechanisms are completely transparent to the Mobile Node which is 
   required for minimal service interruption time. This protocol does 
   not introduce any new Mobile IPv6 message over the air interface and 
   thus helps reducing the overall overhead.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.