Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-friend-tls-lzs-compression-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:33:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Transport Layer Security Protocol Compression Using LZS
	Author(s)	: R. Friend
	Filename	: draft-friend-tls-lzs-compression-03.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-4-14
	
The Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol (RFC 2246) includes
features to negotiate selection of a lossless data compression method
as part of the TLS Handshake Protocol and to then apply the algorithm
associated with the selected method as part of the TLS Record
Protocol.  TLS defines one standard compression method which
specifies that data exchanged via the record protocol will not be
compressed.  [TLSCOMP] defines another compression method.  This 
document describes an additional compression method associated with 
the LZS data compression algorithm for use with TLS.  This document 
defines the application of the LZS algorithm to the TLS Record 
Protocol [RFC2246].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-friend-tls-lzs-compression-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-friend-tls-lzs-compression-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-friend-tls-lzs-compression-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.