Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-keyur-prefixlimit-orf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:29:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Prefix Limit Based Outbound Route Filter for BGP-4
	Author(s)	: K. Patel, et al.
	Filename	: draft-keyur-prefixlimit-orf-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2004-4-28
	
The BGP specification allows for "the ability to impose an (locally
   configured) upper bound on the number of address prefixes the speaker
   is willing to accept from a neighbor".  In this specification, we
   define a new Outbound Route Filter type for BGP, termed "Prefix Limit
   Outbound Route Filter", which the speaker can use to communicate that
   upper bound to its peer.  The peer is then required to abide by the
   limit.  This is expected to have benefits in terms of resource
   consumption and more importantly, transparency of operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keyur-prefixlimit-orf-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-keyur-prefixlimit-orf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-keyur-prefixlimit-orf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.