Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mib-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:36:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for the Fourth Version of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP-4)
	Author(s)	: J. Haas, S. Hares
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mib-14.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2004-4-23
	
This memo is an extension to the SNMP MIB.  It obsoletes RFC 1657 and
RFC 1269.

The origin of this memo is from RFC 1269 'Definitions of Managed
Objects for the Border Gateway Protocol (Version 3)', which was
updated to support BGP-4 in RFC 1657.  This memo fixes errors
introduced when the MIB was converted to use the SNMPv2 SMI, as well
as updates references to the current SNMP framework documents.

This memo is intended to document deployed implementations of this
MIB in a historical context, provide clarifications of some items and
also note errors where the MIB fails to fully represent the BGP
protocol.  Work is currently in progress to replace this MIB with a
new one representing the current state of the BGP protocol and its
extensions.

Distribution of this memo is unlimited.  Please forward comments to
[email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mib-14.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mib-14.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mib-14.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.