Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bwparam-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:34:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Transport Independent Bandwidth Modifier for the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
	Author(s)	: M. Westerlund
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bwparam-06.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2004-4-14
	
The existing Session Description Protocol (SDP) bandwidth modifiers
and their values include the bandwidth needed also for the transport
and IP layers. When using SDP with protocols like the Session
Announcement Protocol (SAP), the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
and the Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) and when the involved
hosts reside in networks running different IP versions, the
interpretation of what lower layer bandwidths are included is not
clear. This document defines a bandwidth modifier that does not
include transport overhead; instead an additional packet rate
attribute is defined. The transport independent bit-rate value
together with the maximum packet rate can then be used to calculate
the real bit-rate over the transport actually used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bwparam-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bwparam-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bwparam-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.