Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hardie-alt-consensus-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:28:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Alternative Decision Making Processes for Consensus-blocked Decisions in the IETF
	Author(s)	: T. Hardie
	Filename	: draft-hardie-alt-consensus-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2004-4-28
	
This document proposes an experimental set of alternative
    decision-making processes for use in IETF working groups.  There
    are a small number of cases in IETF working groups in which the
    group has come to consensus that a particular decision must be made
    but cannot come to consensus on the decision itself.  This document
    describes alternative mechanisms which can be used to come to a
    decision in those cases.  This is not meant to provide an exhaustive
    list, but to provide a known set of tools which can be used when
    required.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardie-alt-consensus-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hardie-alt-consensus-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hardie-alt-consensus-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.