Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:41:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using BGP as an Auto-Discovery Mechanism for
		          Provider-provisioned VPNs
	Author(s)	: H. Ould-Brahim, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-03.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2004-4-22
	
In any Provider Provisioned-Based VPN (PPVPN) scheme, the Provider 
   Edge (PE) devices attached to a common VPN must exchange certain 
   information as a prerequisite to establish VPN-specific 
   connectivity. The purpose of this draft is to define a BGP based 
   auto-discovery mechanism for both layer-2 VPN architectures and 
   layer-3 VPNs (Virtual Routers ?VR [VPN-VR]). This mechanism is based 
   on the approach used by BGP/MPLS-IP-VPN [BGP/MPLS-IP-VPN] for 
   distributing VPN routing information within the service provider(s).
   Each VPN scheme uses the mechanism to automatically discover the 
   information needed by that particular scheme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.