Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:32:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Virtual Private LAN Services over MPLS
	Author(s)	: M. Lasserre, V. Kompella
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-02.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2004-4-13
	
This document describes a  virtual private LAN service (VPLS) 
solution over MPLS, also known as Transparent LAN Services (TLS). A 
VPLS creates an emulated LAN segment for a given set of users.  It 
delivers a layer 2 broadcast domain that is fully capable of 
learning and forwarding on Ethernet MAC addresses that is closed to 
a given set of users.  Many VPLS services can be supported from a 
single PE node. 
This document describes the control plane functions of signaling 
demultiplexor labels, extending [PWE3-CTRL] and rudimentary support 
for availability (multi-homing).  It is agnostic to discovery 
protocols.  The data plane functions of forwarding are also 
described, focusing, in particular, on the learning of MAC 
addresses.  The encapsulation of VPLS packets is described by [PWE3-
ETHERNET].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.