Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-reqts-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:54:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Signaling
			  Usage and Extensions for Automatically Switched
			  Optical Network (ASON)
	Author(s)	: D. Papadimitriou, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-reqts-06.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-4-19
	
The Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) suite of protocol has been defined to
control different switching technologies as well as different
applications. These include support for requesting TDM connections
including SONET/SDH and Optical Transport Networks (OTNs).
This document concentrates on the signaling aspects of the GMPLS
suite of protocols. It identifies the features to be covered by the
GMPLS signalling protocol to support the capabilities of an
Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON). This document
provides a problem statement and additional requirements on the
GMPLS signaling protocol to support the ASON functionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-reqts-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-reqts-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-reqts-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.