Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bound-dstm-exp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:45:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Dual Stack Transition Mechanism
	Author(s)	: J. Bound
	Filename	: draft-bound-dstm-exp-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-4-30
	
The deployment of IPv6 will require a tightly coupled use of IPv4
   addresses to support the interoperation of IPv6 and IPv4 within an
   IPv6 dominant network.  Nodes will still need to communicate with
   IPv4 nodes that do not have a Dual IP layer supporting both IPv4 and
   IPv6. The Dual IP Layer Stack Transition Mechanism (DSTM) is based on
   the use of IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnels to carry IPv4 traffic within an
   IPv6 dominant network and provides a method to allocate a temporary
   IPv4 address to Dual IP Layer IPv6/IPv4 capable nodes. DSTM is also a
   way to avoid the use of Network Address Translation for early adopter
   IPv6 deployment to communicate with IPv4 legacy nodes and
   applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bound-dstm-exp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bound-dstm-exp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bound-dstm-exp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.