Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gieben-resolver-application-interface-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:50:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DNSSEC Resolver Interface to Applications
	Author(s)	: R. Gieben, et al. 
	Filename	: draft-gieben-resolver-application-interface-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2004-4-20
	
This document describes an interface between a DNSSEC aware resolver
   and an application. This interface will define which kind of
   information a DNSSEC aware resolver is able to send back to an
   application. The basic question we want to answer is: 'What does an
   application want to know from a secure aware resolver?'.

   In Section 4 we define an error bit array. The secure aware resolver
   will set specific bits in the array. With the added information in
   the error array, the application can have extra control on what to do
   with bogus data.

   When something goes wrong during the secure resolving process the
   application may also want to know where in the DNS tree this
   happened. With a simple error array one can not convey this
   information. A possibility might be to give the application the owner
   name of the DNS node where the validation failed.

   This document is written in the hope that it will lead to a
   discussion within the IETF on the resolver-application
   interaction(s).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gieben-resolver-application-interface-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gieben-resolver-application-interface-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gieben-resolver-application-interface-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.