Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-masinter-dated-uri-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:55:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: 'duri' and 'tdb': URN namespaces based on dated URIs
	Author(s)	: L. Masinter
	Filename	: draft-masinter-dated-uri-04.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2004-4-19
	
This document defines two namespaces of URNs, based on using a
timestamp with an (encoded) URI.  The results are namespaces in which
names are readily assigned, offer the persistence of reference that
is required by URNs, but do not require a stable authority to assign
the name.  The first namespace ('duri') is used to refer to URI-
identified resources as they appeared at a particular time.  The
second namespace ('tdb') is useful as a way of creating URNs that
refer to physical objects or even abstractions that are not
themselves networked resources.
The definition of these namespaces may reduce the need to define new
URN namespaces merely for the purpose of creating stable identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-dated-uri-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-masinter-dated-uri-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-masinter-dated-uri-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.