Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-gvpn-bgpgmpls-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:44:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GVPN Services: Generalized VPN Services using BGP and 
			  GMPLS Toolkit
	Author(s)	: H. Ould-Brahim, Y. Rekhter
	Filename	: draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-gvpn-bgpgmpls-05.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2004-5-13
	
This draft describes a suite of port-based Provider-provisioned 
        VPN services called Generalized VPNs (GVPNs) that uses BGP as a 
        VPN auto-discovery and GMPLS as a signaling mechanism. GVPN 
        services are "generalized" as the interfaces on the customerÆs 
        and provider ports could be any of the interfaces supported by 
        Generalized MPLS (GMPLS). GVPN services outlined in this 
        document are: (1) a port-based Generalized Virtual Private Wire 
        (GVPW) where the basic unit of service is a Label Switched Path

        (LSP) between a pair of customerÆs ports within a given VPN 
        port-topology. (2) a Generalized Virtual Private Cross-connect 
        (GVPXC) service where the service provider network appears to 
        the customer network as a GMPLS-enabled Virtual Private node. A 
        GVPXC service provides flexible traffic engineering on the 
        client network and eliminates the need for n square routing 
        peering between CEs. Since GVPNs uses GMPLS as the signaling 
        mechanism, and since GMPLS applies to both TDM and Optical 
        interfaces, it results that GVPN services include Optical/TDM 
        VPNs (though they need not be restricted to).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-gvpn-bgpgmpls-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-gvpn-bgpgmpls-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-gvpn-bgpgmpls-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.