Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rpsec-ospf-vuln-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:14:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Protocol Security Requirements Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF Security Vulnerabilities Analysis
	Author(s)	: E. Jones, O. Le Moigne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rpsec-ospf-vuln-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-5-6
	
Internet infrastructure protocols were designed at the very early 
   stages of computer networks when "cyberspace" was still perceived as 
   a benign environment. As a consequence, malicious attacks were not 
   considered to be a major risk when these protocols were designed, 
   leaving today's Internet vulnerable. This paper provides an analysis 
   of OSPF vulnerabilities that could be exploited to modify the normal 
   routing process across a single domain together with an assessment
   of when internal OSPF mechanisms can or cannot be leveraged to 
   better secure a domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rpsec-ospf-vuln-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rpsec-ospf-vuln-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rpsec-ospf-vuln-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.