Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hayashi-mlda-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 11:24:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Listener Discovery Authentication 
			  protocol (MLDA)
	Author(s)	: T. Hayashi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-hayashi-mlda-02.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2004-5-4
	
   This memo documents a multicast CDN (Content Delivery Network) issues, 
   and describes requirement and discussion points when we solve them. 
   Here, we need a method of precise user accounting (logging) of a user 
   activity to a multicast group and of user access control to a 
   multicast group to protect to subscribe from an illegal access. In 
   this case, it is needed to authorize a user access to a multicast 
   group on the CDN, and to get information of user action (Join/Leave) 
   to a multicast group. The key is how a control process of group 
   membership synchronizes with an AAA process (authentication, 
   authorization and accounting), because we can get a user access 
   information at an AAA server. This depends on the network model of 
   the multicast CDN service. Last of all, we introduce an example of 
   solution MLDA (Multicast Listener Discovery Authentication protocol).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-mlda-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hayashi-mlda-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-mlda-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.