Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sharma-simple-multicast-source-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:18:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Simple Approach to Data Source Authentication for Multicast Security
	Author(s)	: A. Sharma
	Filename	: draft-sharma-simple-multicast-source-auth-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2004-5-11
	
Data source authentication is an important requirement to provide
   multicast security. Data source authentication assures that the 
   member claiming to send the data is the actual sender. An imposter
   member should not be able to claim to be the sender of the data.
   This document proposes a scheme by which data source authentication
   can be acheived. This approach does not use digital signatures or 
   assume any time synchronization between the sender and the 
   receivers. Instead of directly authenticating a multicast 
   communication, it is split into a 1-to-1 authenticated unicast to
   GCKS followed by an authenticated multicast by GCKS. Message 
   Authentication Codes (MACs) are used instead of digital signatures in 
   both the authenticated unicast and the authenticated multicast.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sharma-simple-multicast-source-auth-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sharma-simple-multicast-source-auth-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sharma-simple-multicast-source-auth-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.