Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-holness-network-l2vpsp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:01:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Nortel Networks Ethernet Layer 2 Virtual Private 
			  Service Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Holness, et al.
	Filename	: draft-holness-network-l2vpsp-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2004-5-20
	
This draft specifies an Ethernet Layer 2 Virtual Private Service
   Protocol using Ethernet addressing hierarchy and service
   separation. This protocol enables Service Providers to deploy an
   Ethernet Network and offer scalable and manageable layer 2
   Transparent LAN Services (L2TLS). The primary goal of this
   protocol is to eliminate the need of the Service Provider to
   manage customer address information and forwarding within its
   network. Another goal is to allow auto provisioning of VPN service
   instances within the Service Provider networks. This solution
   maintains customer benefits of simplicity of access to the VPN,
   allows efficient utilization of Service Provider network
   resources, and overcomes distance limitations of customer's LANs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-holness-network-l2vpsp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-holness-network-l2vpsp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-holness-network-l2vpsp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.