Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-mipv6-binding-lifetime-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:48:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Credit-Based Authorization for Binding Lifetime Extension
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko, C. Vogt
	Filename	: draft-arkko-mipv6-binding-lifetime-extension-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-5-21
	
Mobile IPv6 return routability mechanisms require home and care-of
   address keygen tokens to be used to authorize a binding update to
   correspondent nodes. The current rules dictate that such
   authorization be performed every seven minutes, using tokens at most
   three and half minutes old. This requirement results in an average
   signaling traffic of around 7 bits per second when the hosts are not
   moving around. This traffic load by itself is neglible, but can be
   problematic for hosts in standby mode. We present a secure and
   lightweight extension of return routability that can reduce this
   signaling load to around 0.1 bits per second, and require hosts to
   wake up much less frequently.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mipv6-binding-lifetime-extension-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-mipv6-binding-lifetime-extension-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mipv6-binding-lifetime-extension-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.