Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-keri-local-anon-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:40:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Privacy Enhanced Local Ethernet Network with Protocol Anonymization
	Author(s)	: L. Keri
	Filename	: draft-keri-local-anon-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-5-17
	
The privacy requirement of anonymity is much harder to achieve than
   security goals like confidentiality or authentication, since network
   routing has to take place between well known spots of the network.
   There are solutions providing anonymity on the Internet implemented
   on the application level, but there's also a possibility to achieve
   local anonymity on Ethernet networks without the introduction of new
   anonymous protocols by following a protocol anonymizing approach
   described in this document.  Protocol anonymization is a simple
   network operation mode, which can provide local client anonymity on
   Ethernet networks under certain circumstances by eliminating the host
   identification capabilities of widely used local network protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-keri-local-anon-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-keri-local-anon-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-keri-local-anon-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.