Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dougotis-srv-caa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:38:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DNS Extension for SRV-Client Address Authorization (SRV-CAA)
	Author(s)	: D. Otis
	Filename	: draft-dougotis-srv-caa-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2004-5-17
	
Typical use of DNS records enables resolving a server address, but
   this record extension authorizes clients to initiate a specific
   protocol.  This document simply extends definitions for fields of a
   DNS SRV record as defined in [RFC2782] and appends '_c' to the label
   in the Proto field.  This extension enables administrative control of
   a domain referenced by a client as it enables verification of
   permitted client addresses.  This record extension is useful to
   authorize a client for a specific protocol and possibly useful for
   confirming veracity of a return path also referenced by a client.
   Although an in-addr.arpa IP address reverse DNS query may assert a
   domain, the domain referenced within client identification may be an
   alias and thus not match.  In addition, specific protocol
   authorization for the client can not be deduced and reverse DNS
   information is optional, typically administered separately or not
   delegated, and thus often providing information of limited value.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dougotis-srv-caa-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dougotis-srv-caa-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dougotis-srv-caa-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.