Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-partain-icar-pear-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:48:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ICAR Proposed EArly Review (PEAR)
	Author(s)	: D. Partain
	Filename	: draft-partain-icar-pear-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-5-25
	
This memo proposes a lightweight and incremental approach to
   improving early cross-area review in the IETF.  This proposal has two
   specific goals. Firstly, the current perception is that the IETF
   standardization process is bogged down and takes far too long.  One
   factor in this slowness appears to be the workload placed upon the
   IESG when documents are brought to them.  Given that one role of the
   IESG has been to provide cross-area review, offloading some portion
   of that work may increase the speed of the process.  Secondly,
   cross-area review done early in the process may be a good tool for
   identifying significant problems with a Working Group's efforts long
   before the documents reach the IESG.  As such, the early cross-area
   review can improve the quality of the output from the Working Group
   by sifting the wheat from the chaff.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-partain-icar-pear-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-partain-icar-pear-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-partain-icar-pear-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce