Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-duigou-jxta-protocols-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:35:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: JXTA v1.0 Protocols Specification
	Author(s)	: M. Duigou
	Filename	: draft-duigou-jxta-protocols-04.txt
	Pages		: 93
	Date		: 2004-5-11
	
The JXTA protocols defines a suite of six XML-based protocols that
   standardize the manner in which peers self-organize into peergroups,
   publish and discover peer resources, communicate, and monitor each
   other. The Endpoint Routing Protocol (ERP) is the protocol by which a
   peer can discover a route (sequence of hops) to send a message to
   another peer potentially traversing firewalls and NATs. The
   Rendezvous Protocol (RVP) is used for propagating a message within a
   peergroup. The Peer Resolver Protocol (PRP) is the protocol used to
   send a generic query to one or more peers, and receive a response (or
   multiple responses) to the query. The Peer Discovery Protocol (PDP)
   is used to publish and discover resource advertisements. The Peer
   Information Protocol (PIP) is the protocol by a which a peer may
   obtain status information about another peers. The Pipe Binding
   Protocol (PBP) is the protocol by which a peer can establish a
   virtual communication channel or pipe between one or more peers. The
   JXTA protocols permit the establishment a virtual network overlay on
   top of physical networks allowing peers to directly interact and
   organize independently of their network location and connectivity.
   The JXTA protocols have been designed to be easily implemented on
   unidirectional links and asymmetric transports.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duigou-jxta-protocols-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-duigou-jxta-protocols-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-duigou-jxta-protocols-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.