Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stumpf-dns-mtamark-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 15:43:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Marking Mail Transfer Agents in reverse DNS with TXT RRs
	Author(s)	: M. Stumpf, S. Hoehne
	Filename	: draft-stumpf-dns-mtamark-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2004-5-28
	
In contrast to other more extensive approaches to deal with
   unsolicited email, commonly called "spam", this memo discusses a very
   simple authentication scheme. It uses marking of hosts in reverse DNS
   (IN-ADDR.ARPA and IP6.ARPA zones) to allow the receiving mail
   transfer agents to decide whether the connecting (sending) host is a
   designated mail transfer agent (MTA) or not.

   Despite being a weaker scheme than most of the other proposals
   currently discussed, it can reduce the amount of spam and viruses/
   worms significantly and has the advantage that it can be implemented
   based on existing and well-established Internet technology like DNS
   without any changes to that technology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stumpf-dns-mtamark-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stumpf-dns-mtamark-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stumpf-dns-mtamark-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce