Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-singh-capwap-ctp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:39:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CAPWAP Tunneling Protocol (CTP)
	Author(s)	: I. Singh, et al.
	Filename	: draft-singh-capwap-ctp-00.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2004-5-14
	
With the overwhelming choice of proprietary implementations of
   centralized control and management of wireless access points and
   access controllers there is a great demand for a standard protocol
   and architecture that enables the deployment of large scale wireless
   networks.

   This document describes the CAPWAP Tunneling Protocol, a protocol
   that allows for the centralized control and provisioning of a large
   number of wireless access points from access controllers.  It is
   supported by an architecture where the MAC layer of the RF technology
   is terminated within the AP.  This allows for the protocol to be
   extensible to multiple radio technologies.  It assumes an IP
   connection between the access points and access controllers and has
   signaling primitives to enable wireless station mobility between
   access points.  Therefore, seamless Layer 3 subnet mobility is
   enabled by this protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singh-capwap-ctp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-singh-capwap-ctp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-singh-capwap-ctp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.