Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-johnson-h350-directory-serv-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:55:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: H.350 Directory Services
	Author(s)	: T. Johnson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-johnson-h350-directory-serv-02.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2004-5-12
	
The International Telecommunications Union Standardization Sector 
   (ITU-T) has created the H.350 series of Recommendations that specify 
   directory services architectures in support of multimedia 
   conferencing protocols. The goal of the architecture is to 
   'directory enable' multimedia conferencing so that these services 
   can leverage existing identity management and enterprise 
   directories. A particular goal is to enable an enterprise or service 
   provider to maintain a canonical source of users and their 
   multimedia conferencing systems, so that multiple call servers from 
   multiple vendors, supporting multiple protocols, can all access the 
   same data store. 
   Because SIP is an IETF standard, the contents of H.350 and H.350.4 
   are made available via this document to the IETF community. This 
   document contains the entire normative text of ITU-T Recommendations 
   H.350 and H.350.4 in sections 4 and 5, respectively. The remaining 
   sections are included only in this document, not in the ITU-T 
   version. Specific differences between this text and the original 
   include: 
    
   1. This text contains a Security Considerations section (section 9) 
      not found in the original. 
   2. This text includes an additional reference to RFC 2798 which 
      defines inetOrgPerson and userSMIMECertificate. 
   3. This text does not contain the non-normative appendices found in 
      the original. These appendices include implementation 
      considerations and graphics for system implementers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnson-h350-directory-serv-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-johnson-h350-directory-serv-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-johnson-h350-directory-serv-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.