Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-newtrk-antiques-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:03:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Valuable Antique Documents: A Model for Advancement
	Author(s)	: J. Klensin
	Filename	: draft-klensin-newtrk-antiques-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-5-24
	
RFC 2026 and some of its predecessors require that Proposed and Draft
   Standards either advance in grade within a reasonable period of time
   or that they expire and be moved to Historic.  That procedure has
   never been followed on a systematic basis.  A new procedure has been
   proposed that would make that action easier for protocols that have
   not gotten any real acceptance.  In the interest of symmetry,
   fairness, and an orderly attic, it is worth noting that there are a
   number of protocol descriptions which have been at less than Full
   Standard level for a long time but which have proven their value by
   the traditional criteria of multiple interoperable implementations
   This document provides a procedure for upgrading such documents to
   Full Standards without creating an unreasonable burden on authors
   purely to meet the needs of procedural rituals or placing an
   unreasonable load on groups charged with performing other tasks in
   the IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-newtrk-antiques-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-klensin-newtrk-antiques-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-klensin-newtrk-antiques-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce