Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nir-ikev2-auth-lt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:00:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Repeated Authentication in IKEv2
	Author(s)	: Y. Nir
	Filename	: draft-nir-ikev2-auth-lt-00.txt
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 2004-5-12
	
With some IPsec peers, particularly in the remote access scenario, it
is desirable to repeat the mutual authentication periodically.
The purpose of this is to limit the time an IKE SA can be used by a
third party who has gained control of the IPsec peer.  This is not the
same as IKE SA rekeying.
At the end of the IKE_AUTH negotiation, the Responder sends a  
notification to the Initiator with the number of seconds before the
authentication needs to be repeated.  The Initiator will repeat the
Initial exchange before that time is expired.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nir-ikev2-auth-lt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nir-ikev2-auth-lt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nir-ikev2-auth-lt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.