Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:40:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Shell Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SSH Transport Layer Encryption Modes
	Author(s)	: M. Bellare, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-02.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-5-27
	
Researchers have recently discovered that the authenticated
encryption portion of the current SSH Transport Protocol is
vulnerable to several attacks.
This document describes new symmetric encryption methods for the SSH
Transport Protocol and gives specific recommendations on how
frequently SSH implementations should rekey.
Bellare, Kohno, and Namprempre [ACM CCS 2002] prove that if an SSH
application implements the modifications described in this document,
then the symmetric cryptographic portion of that application will
provably resist chosen-plaintext, chosen-ciphertext, reaction-based
privacy and integrity/authenticity attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce