Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-salowey-tls-ticket-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:00:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A TLS Hello Extension for Ticket Based Pre-Shared Keys
	Author(s)	: N. Cam-Winget
	Filename	: draft-salowey-tls-ticket-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-5-20
	
This document describes a TLS extension that makes use of a pre-
    established ticket to distribute the shared secret for establishing a
    TLS session.  The mechanism uses extensions to the TLS session resume
    hello exchange.  In particular the ticket enables the client to
    maintain state so the server does not have to maintain per-client
    session state.  The use of a hello extension allows fallback to a
    full ciphersuite handshake. Considerations for the initial
    establishment of the ticket material are discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salowey-tls-ticket-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-salowey-tls-ticket-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-salowey-tls-ticket-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.