Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-crocker-marid-smtp-validate-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:40:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Client SMTP Validation (CSV)
	Author(s)	: D. Crocker, et al.
	Filename	: draft-crocker-marid-smtp-validate-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-6-15
	
Internet mail relies on exchanges between systems that have made no
   prior arrangement with each other.  For reasons of history and
   expediency, the current service provides a level of accountability
   for participating hosts that is no longer adequate.  This makes it
   impossible to vet MTAs or find recourse when their operation causes
   problems.  Client SMTP Validation (CSV) provides an economical
   service that permits an SMTP server to decide whether messages sent
   by the client SMTP are likely to be well-behaved, or at least to
   decide whether the client is sufficiently accountable for its
   actions.  CSV provides a small, simple and useful improvement to
   Internet mail service accountability.  It builds upon the existing
   practise of service providers that accredit the networks from which
   sending systems are connecting.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-marid-smtp-validate-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-crocker-marid-smtp-validate-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-crocker-marid-smtp-validate-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce