Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jangir-replay-attack-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:30:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPSec Replay Attack Protection in Multisender Environment
	Author(s)	: M. Jangir
	Filename	: draft-jangir-replay-attack-protection-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 2004-6-30
	
The IPsec Architecture [RFC2401] and IPsec transform RFCs [RFC2402, RFC2406] define certain mechanisms for protecting IP traffic. One of the mechanisms defined is replay attack protection. But this mechanism is not addressed in multisender environment where multiple senders are sending packets for same destination SA (This includes sharing of SA as well as multicast). This document reviews the issues in multisender environment and addresses solution for this by identifying the sending SA and having replay attack protection against each sending SA. The documents also summarizes the changes needed in AH, ESP, Key management protocols, which would enable IPSec to protect against replay attack protection in multisender environment for same destination SA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jangir-replay-attack-protection-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jangir-replay-attack-protection-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jangir-replay-attack-protection-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce