Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-daley-ipv6-preempt-nd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:14:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Preempting IPv6 Neighbour Discovery
	Author(s)	: G. Daley
	Filename	: draft-daley-ipv6-preempt-nd-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-6-17
	
In certain circumstances, a host knows that it will be receiving data
   at an IP address for which its neighbours have no neighbour cache
   entry.

   Where the expected packets are required to be received promptly, or
   there is significant chance of packet loss in a neighbour discovery
   exchange from the peer to the host, it may be advantageous to install
   a neighbour cache entry on the peer before it is required.  This
   document proposes a mechanism whereby hosts can choose to
   preemptively populate their peer's neighbour cache to forestall later
   neighbour discovery exchanges.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daley-ipv6-preempt-nd-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-daley-ipv6-preempt-nd-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-daley-ipv6-preempt-nd-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce