Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-fastreroute-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:04:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Fast Reroute Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Tunnels
	Author(s)	: P. Pan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-fastreroute-06.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2004-6-24
	
This document defines extensions to and describes the use of RSVP to
establish backup label-switched path (LSP) tunnels for local repair
of LSP tunnels.  These mechanisms enable the re-direction of traffic
onto backup LSP tunnels in 10s of milliseconds in the event of a
failure.
Two methods are defined here.  The one-to-one backup method creates
detour LSPs for each protected LSP at each potential point of local
repair.  The facility backup method creates a bypass tunnel to
protect a potential failure point; by taking advantage of MPLS label
stacking, this bypass tunnel can protect a set of protected LSPs that
have similar backup constraints. Both methods can be used to protect
links and nodes during network failure.  The described behavior and
extensions to RSVP allow nodes to implement either or both methods
and to interoperate in a mixed network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-fastreroute-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-fastreroute-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-fastreroute-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce