Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jain-sipping-persistent-conn-reqs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:55:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Persistent Connection Management 
			  in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: R. Jain, V. Gurbani
	Filename	: draft-jain-sipping-persistent-conn-reqs-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-6-1
	
SIP over connection-oriented transport protocol based systems are 
likely to face certain distinct performance and behavioral issues 
that are not manifest when SIP is transported over connectionless 
protocols. Allowing SIP entities to mutually conserve connections 
over a predictable, extended period of time is one of the leading 
requirements to help SIP entities deliver their optimal 
performance in the network. Overall, this document contemplates 
transport layer connection management issues relating to SIP. 
Requirements and potential solutions for introducing a backward 
compatible notion of persistent connections in SIP are presented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jain-sipping-persistent-conn-reqs-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jain-sipping-persistent-conn-reqs-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jain-sipping-persistent-conn-reqs-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce