Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-peltotalo-rmt-bb-fec-supp-xor-pcm-rs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:44:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simple XOR, Reed-Solomon, and Parity Check Matrix-based 
			  FEC Schemes
	Author(s)	: J. Peltotalo, et al.
	Filename	: draft-peltotalo-rmt-bb-fec-supp-xor-pcm-rs-00.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2004-6-15
	
This document introduces several Forward Error Correction (FEC)
   schemes that supplement the FEC schemes described in RFC 3452 [5] and
   RFC 3695 [7].

   More specifically it describes the Fully-Specified FEC scheme
   corresponding to FEC Encoding ID 2, reserved to simple XOR FEC
   scheme, and the Under-Specified FEC scheme corresponding to FEC
   Encoding ID 132, reserved to parity check matrix-based FEC scheme.
   This document also specifies the FEC Instance IDs 0 and 1, scoped by
   the FEC Encoding ID 129 and reserved to Reed-Solomon FEC codes. It
   also specifies the FEC Instance ID 0, scoped by the FEC Encoding ID
   132 and reserved to LDGM-Staircase codes. Finally this document
   specifies two algorithms that MAY be used with all block FEC codes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peltotalo-rmt-bb-fec-supp-xor-pcm-rs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-peltotalo-rmt-bb-fec-supp-xor-pcm-rs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-peltotalo-rmt-bb-fec-supp-xor-pcm-rs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce