Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lehtonen-mboned-mcop-operation-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:42:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MCOP operation for first hop routers
	Author(s)	: R. Lehtonen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-lehtonen-mboned-mcop-operation-02.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2004-6-15
	
This draft defines Multicast Control Protocol (MCOP) operation for
first hop routers.  In this context, MCOP may be used as a tool for
multicast network management.  MCOP provides multicast network remote
management with centralized information database located at Multicast
Control Server (MCS).  It allows gradual, group and network specific
multicast network deployment.  The control is done by MCOP enabled
first hop routers, Multicast Control Clients (MCC), based on the
information received from the MCS.  MCC can filter IGMP/MLD reports
and multicast packets before they reach the IGMP/MLD processing layer
or multicast routing stack of the router.  MCOP is independent of
multicast routing protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lehtonen-mboned-mcop-operation-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lehtonen-mboned-mcop-operation-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lehtonen-mboned-mcop-operation-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce