Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-daley-ipv6-tsllao-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:34:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Tentative Source Link-Layer Address Options for IPv6 
			  Neighbour Discovery
	Author(s)	: G. Daley, et al.
	Filename	: draft-daley-ipv6-tsllao-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-6-9
	
The proposed IPv6 Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) Optimization
   "Optimistic DAD" defines a set of recoverable procedures which allow
   a node to make use of an address before DAD completes.  Essentially,
   Optimistic DAD forbids usage of certain Neighbour Discovery options
   which could pollute active neighbour cache entries, while an address
   is tentative.

   This document defines a new option and procedures to replace cache
   polluting options, in a way which is useful to tentative nodes.
   These procedures are designed to be to backward compatible with
   existing devices which support IPv6 Neighbour Discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daley-ipv6-tsllao-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-daley-ipv6-tsllao-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-daley-ipv6-tsllao-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce