Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-welzl-tcp-corruption-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:50:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TCP Corruption Notification Options
	Author(s)	: M. Welzl
	Filename	: draft-welzl-tcp-corruption-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-6-3
	
This memo specifies options that enable TCP to detect corruption in
   the presence of link layers which hand over known-corrupt data to
   upper layers.  The receiver notifies the sender of an erroneous
   segment that would otherwise be lost and assumed to be a sign of
   congestion. The sender uses this ACK to drive its RTO calculation,
   retransmit the segment and react to congestion earlier if ECE=1. In
   addition, this feedback could be used to realize a more appropriate
   rate change in response to such lost segments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-welzl-tcp-corruption-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-welzl-tcp-corruption-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-welzl-tcp-corruption-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce