Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-marid-csv-csa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:58:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MTA Authorization Records in DNS Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Client SMTP Authorization (CSA)
	Author(s)	: D. Otis, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-marid-csv-csa-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-6-21
	
Internet operation has typically required no public mechanism for
   announcing restriction or permission of particular hosts to operate
   clients or servers for particular services on behalf of particular
   domains.  What is missing is an open, interoperable means by which a
   trusted agency can announce authorization for a host to operate a
   service.  The current specification supports this capability for
   sending SMTP clients.  Specifically, is a sending SMTP client
   permitted to act as a client MTA? Has a separate authority given it
   permission to perform this service? Client SMTP Authorization (CSA)
   specifies a DNS-based record that states whether an associated host
   has permission to operate as a client MTA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-csv-csa-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-marid-csv-csa-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-csv-csa-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce