Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:54:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fault Notification Protocol for GMPLS-Based Recovery
	Author(s)	: R. Rabbat, et al.
	Filename	: draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-05.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-6-1
	
   This draft presents a fault notification protocol for use in a GMPLS-
   based failure recovery scheme.  The protocol guarantees recovery
   path(s) activation in a bounded time in the event of single resource
   failures.  These failures include fiber cut, transponder failure and
   node failure.  Bounded recovery time is achieved by pre-signaling
   recovery paths whose nodes can be reached within a specific time,
   based on the physical capabilities of the nodes and the delay
   characteristics of the control plane.  We propose using a flooding
   protocol for fault notification to allow for per-failure notification
   and to speed up the recovery process.  We justify choices made for
   the notification method and the messaging required for the protocol.

   The draft does not mandate a specific implementation of the Fault
   Notification Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce