Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:41:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Handover for Hierarchical MIPv6 (F-HMIPv6)
	Author(s)	: H. Jung, et al.
	Filename	: draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-04.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2004-6-11
	
This document addresses Fast Handover over HMIPv6 networks. The MIPv6 
mobility could be more enhanced by combining FMIPv6 with HMIPv6, in 
which MIPv6 is benefited from all the advantages of the respective 
schemes. An additional benefit by combining FMIPv6 with HMIPv6 is that 
the overall handover latency in FMIPv6 will be more reduced since in 
HMIPv6 the MN sends a location update with the local MAP, rather than 
the HA and CN that are typically further way. This document describes 
how to use FMIPv6 for HMIPv6 (F-HMIPv6). The F-HMIPv6 is designed to 
be friendly with the data transport feature of HMIPv6. In F-HMIPv6, 
the tunnel for fast handover is established between MAP and NAR, 
rather than between PAR and NAR. For this purpose, the MN exchanges 
the FMIPv6 messages with MAP, not PAR. The F-HMIPv6 utilizes the 
FMIPv6 messages for handover support without further defining any new 
messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce