Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-radoaca-l2vpn-bfd-inband-oam-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:24:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BFD Extensions for PW Exchange of Fault Notifications
	Author(s)	: V. Radoaca, et al.
	Filename	: draft-radoaca-l2vpn-bfd-inband-oam-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2004-7-14
	
BFD mechanism [BFD] was original designed to detect failures in 
   communication with a forwarding plane next hop. BFD operates on top 
   of any data protocol being forwarded between two systems. 
    
   This document describes how to use the BFD mechanism for exchanging 
   OAM Notifications (e.g. AC and PWs Notifications) between OAM 
   domains, for P2P PWs (Single Hop PW, or Multiple Hop PW). This 
   proposal is presented as an alternative to the LDP Status Mechanism 
   described in [PW-CNTL].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-radoaca-l2vpn-bfd-inband-oam-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-radoaca-l2vpn-bfd-inband-oam-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-radoaca-l2vpn-bfd-inband-oam-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce