Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-daley-magma-smld-prob-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:37:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Trust Models and Security in Multicast Listener Discovery
	Author(s)	: G. Daley, G. Kurup
	Filename	: draft-daley-magma-smld-prob-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2004-7-12
	
The Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) is used by IPv6 routers to
   discover the presence of multicast listeners (i.e.  nodes that wish
   to receive multicast packets) on their directly attached links, and
   to discover which multicast addresses are of interest to those
   neighbouring nodes.  The existing protocol specification (MLDv2)
   discusses the effects of on-link forgery of MLD packets but provides
   no protection from on-link attacks.

   By taking advantage of or abusing Multicast Listener Discovery, bogus
   devices may cause incorrect state and disruption to multicast or
   unicast packet delivery.  This memo considers the trust models for
   the MLD protocols, and their interaction as well as their interaction
   with link-layer and multicast proxy devices.  It provides a security
   and threat analysis for each model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daley-magma-smld-prob-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-daley-magma-smld-prob-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-daley-magma-smld-prob-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce