Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-choi-pce-e2e-centralized-restoration-srlg-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:27:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast End-to-End Restoration Mechanism with SRLG 
			  using Centralized Control
	Author(s)	: J. Choi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-choi-pce-e2e-centralized-restoration-srlg-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-7-14
	
This draft describes the concept of the Shared Link Risk Group (SRLG) 
based logical ring configuration and recovery method using ring 
SRLG for the purpose of restoration in mesh networks. In this 
restoration architecture, backup paths can be easily established 
through the end-to-end path which follows from the logical ring 
configuration. It guarantees the establishment of backup path disjoint 
from the working path at all levels. To take advantage of bandwidth 
considerations and fast restoration mechanisms, a centralized Controller 
is used to provide dedicated protection to Optical Transport Networks 
using the SRLG concept. The Controller determines the logical rings over 
mesh optical networks and distributes information about primary and 
backup paths to the nodes in the optical transport layer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-choi-pce-e2e-centralized-restoration-srlg-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-choi-pce-e2e-centralized-restoration-srlg-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-choi-pce-e2e-centralized-restoration-srlg-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce