Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-venkata-ipfrr-mpa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:36:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Fast Reroute using Multiple Path Algorithm (MPA)
	Author(s)	: V. Naidu
	Filename	: draft-venkata-ipfrr-mpa-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-7-6
	
This document describes a practical mechanism to implement IP fast
   reroute using multiple viable loop-free next hops, which are not
   necessarily shortest path to a destination. Upon a link failure,
   all the destinations reachable via the primary nexthop will be 
   forwarded to pre-computed alternative loop free nexthops, if any,
   without much delay. The mechanism does not impose any new protocol
   message/capability exchange. The mechanism does not use any 
   tunneling techniques. It is shown that simple changes to existing
   IGP shortest path computation and routing table structures are  
   sufficient to achieve the desired functionality. More over, routers
   which implement the proposed mechanism can co-exist and can be fully
   backward compatible with existing unmodified routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-venkata-ipfrr-mpa-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-venkata-ipfrr-mpa-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-venkata-ipfrr-mpa-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce