Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-session-policy-req-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:24:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for Session Policy for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-session-policy-req-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2004-7-20
	
The proxy server plays a central role as an intermediary in the
establishment of sessions in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
In that role, they can define and impact policies on call routing,
rendezvous, and other call features. However, there is no standard
means by which proxies can have any influence on session policies,
such as the codecs that are to be used. As such, ad-hoc and
non-conformant techniques have been deployed to allow for such policy
mechanisms. There is a need for a standards-based and complete
mechanism for session policies. This document defines a set of
requirements for such a mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-session-policy-req-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-session-policy-req-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-session-policy-req-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce