Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bonaventure-bgp-route-reflectors-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:35:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The case for more versatile BGP Route Reflectors
	Author(s)	: O. Bonaventure, et al.
	Filename	: draft-bonaventure-bgp-route-reflectors-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-7-14
	
The Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is the standard interdomain
   routing protocol in the Internet. Inside an Autonomous System (AS),
   the interdomain routes are often distributed by using BGP Route
   Reflectors (RR). Today, most RR are simple BGP routers. We show that
   by adding intelligence to the RR, it is possible to improve both the
   routing and the packet forwarding in ASes. We show how a versatile RR
   can help an AS to engineer the flow of its incoming or outgoing
   interdomain traffic. We also discuss how a versatile RR could help to
   reduce the BGP convergence time or reduce the size of the routing
   tables when  providing BGP/MPLS VPN services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bonaventure-bgp-route-reflectors-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bonaventure-bgp-route-reflectors-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bonaventure-bgp-route-reflectors-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce