Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpm-frto-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:43:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: F-RTO: An Algorithm for Detecting Spurious Retransmission
			  Timeouts with TCP and SCTP
	Author(s)	: P. Sarolahti, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpm-frto-01.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2004-7-14
	
Spurious retransmission timeouts cause suboptimal TCP performance,
   because they often result in unnecessary retransmission of the last
   window of data. This document describes the F-RTO detection algorithm
   for detecting spurious TCP retransmission timeouts. F-RTO is a TCP
   sender only algorithm that does not require any TCP options to
   operate. After retransmitting the first unacknowledged segment
   triggered by a timeout, the F-RTO algorithm at a TCP sender monitors
   the incoming acknowledgments to determine whether the timeout was
   spurious and to decide whether to send new segments or retransmit
   unacknowledged segments. The algorithm effectively helps to avoid
   additional unnecessary retransmissions and thereby improves TCP
   performance in case of a spurious timeout. The F-RTO algorithm can
   also be applied to SCTP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-frto-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpm-frto-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-frto-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce