Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-sdhsonet-control-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:21:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for GMPLS-based Control of SDH/SONET Networks
	Author(s)	: G. Bernstein, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-sdhsonet-control-03.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2004-7-15
	
The suite of protocols that defines Multi-Protocol Label Switching 
(MPLS) is in the process of enhancement to generalize its 
applicability to the control of non-packet based switching, that is, 
optical switching.  One area of prime consideration is to use these 
generalized MPLS (GMPLS) protocols in upgrading the control plane of 
optical transport networks.  This document illustrates this process 
by describing those extensions to MPLS protocols that are directed 
towards controlling SONET/SDH networks.  SONET/SDH networks make 
very good examples of this process since they possess a rich 
multiplex structure, a variety of protection/restoration options, 
are well defined, and are widely deployed. The document discusses 
extensions to MPLS routing protocols to disseminate information 
needed in transport path computation and network operations, 
together with the extensions to MPLS label distribution protocols 
needed for the provisioning of transport circuits. New capabilities 
that an MPLS control plane would bring to SONET/SDH networks, such 
as new restoration methods and multi-layer circuit establishment, 
are also discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-sdhsonet-control-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-sdhsonet-control-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-sdhsonet-control-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce