Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-marid-core-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:15:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MTA Authorization Records in DNS Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MTA Authentication Records in DNS
	Author(s)	: J. Lyon, M. Wong
	Filename	: draft-ietf-marid-core-02.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-7-20
	
Internet mail suffers from the fact that much unwanted mail is sent
   using spoofed addresses -- 'spoofed' in this case means the address
   is used without the permission of the domain owner.  This document
   describes the following:  mechanisms by which a domain owner can
   publish its set of outgoing MTAs, mechanisms by which SMTP servers
   can determine what email address is allegedly responsible for most
   proximately introducing a message into the Internet mail system, and
   whether that introduction is authorized by the owner of the domain
   contained in that email address.

   The specification is carefully tailored to ensure that the
   overwhelming majority of legitimate emailers, remailers and mailing
   list operators are already compliant.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-core-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-marid-core-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-core-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce