Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tian-frr-alt-shortest-path-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:35:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Reroute using Alternative Shortest Paths
	Author(s)	: A. Tian, N. Shen
	Filename	: draft-tian-frr-alt-shortest-path-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-7-21
	
Repair path mechanism is an important element in IP/LDP fast reroute.
   In this document we propose a way to calculate local repair paths
   using alternative shortest paths. The solution can provide complete
   coverage for all destinations within an IGP area that can possibly be
   protected.

   In this document we also suggested an "Explicit Path with Loose
   Segment" model that can be used to characterize, classify, and
   analyse repair paths. We proved some of the common properties of
   loose segments, and showed that the model can be used to characterize
   all existing fast reroute solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tian-frr-alt-shortest-path-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tian-frr-alt-shortest-path-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tian-frr-alt-shortest-path-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce