Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-aruns-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:53:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to GMPLS RSVP Graceful Restart
	Author(s)	: A. Satyanarayana, R. Rahman
	Filename	: draft-aruns-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-7-20
	
This document describes extensions to the RSVP Graceful Restart
   mechanisms defined in [RFC3473].  The extensions enable the recovery
   of RSVP signaling state based on the Path message last sent by the
   node being restarted.  Previously defined Graceful Restart
   mechanisms, also called recovery from nodal faults, permit recovery
   of signaling state from adjacent nodes when the data plane has
   retained the associated forwarding state across a restart.  These
   mechanisms do not fully support signaling state recovery on ingress
   nodes or recovery of all RSVP objects.  The presented extensions use
   the RSVP Hello extensions defined in [RFC3209], and extensions for
   state recovery on nodal faults defined in [RFC3473].  With the
   presented extensions the restarting node can recover all previously
   transmitted Path state including the ERO and the downstream
   (outgoing) interface identifiers.  The extensions can also be used to
   recover signaling state after the restart of an ingress node.  The
   extensions optionally support the use of Summary Refresh, defined in
   [RFC2961], to reduce the number of messages exchanged during the
   Recovery Phase when the restarting node has recovered signaling state
   locally for one or more LSP's.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aruns-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-aruns-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-aruns-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce