Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:21:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Licklider Transmission Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Burleigh, et al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-01.txt
	Pages		: 58
	Date		: 2004-7-15
	
This document describes the Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP)
   designed to provide retransmission-based reliability over links
   characterized by extremely long message round-trip times (RTTs).
   These long round-trip times may result from the use of half-duplex
   channels or from data propagation delays that are so lengthy as to
   simulate half-duplex transmission.  Such environments are not well
   served by TCP, which depends on relatively short round-trip times for
   retransmission buffer management, timely flow control, and
   negotiation of other connection parameters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce