Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:43:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (DSR)
	Author(s)	: D. Johnson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt
	Pages		: 112
	Date		: 2004-7-22
	
The Dynamic Source Routing protocol (DSR) is a simple and efficient
   routing protocol designed specifically for use in multi-hop wireless
   ad hoc networks of mobile nodes.  DSR allows the network to be
   completely self-organizing and self-configuring, without the need for
   any existing network infrastructure or administration.  The protocol
   is composed of the two main mechanisms of 'Route Discovery' and
   'Route Maintenance', which work together to allow nodes to discover
   and maintain routes to arbitrary destinations in the ad hoc network.
   All aspects of the protocol operate entirely on-demand, allowing
   the routing packet overhead of DSR to scale automatically to only
   that needed to react to changes in the routes currently in use.  The
   protocol allows multiple routes to any destination and allows each
   sender to select and control the routes used in routing its packets,
   for example for use in load balancing or for increased robustness.
   Other advantages of the DSR protocol include easily guaranteed
   loop-free routing, operation in networks containing unidirectional
   links, use of only 'soft state' in routing, and very rapid recovery
   when routes in the network change.  The DSR protocol is designed
   mainly for mobile ad hoc networks of up to about two hundred nodes,
   and is designed to work well with even very high rates of mobility.
   This document specifies the operation of the DSR protocol for routing
   unicast IPv4 packets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce