Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-venkata-ipfrr-sspa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:36:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Fast Reroute using Stitched Shortest Paths Algorithm (SSPA)
	Author(s)	: V. Naidu
	Filename	: draft-venkata-ipfrr-sspa-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2004-7-6
	
This document describes a practical mechanism to implement IP fast
   reroute using dynamic SPF to compute local and remote loop free 
   nexthops efficiently. Upon link failure, all the destinations 
   reachable via the primary nexthop will be forwarded to alternative 
   loop free nexthop, if any. If the alternative nexthop is remote, 
   packet will be forwarded using any connectionless (for example,
   IP-in-IP) or connection-oriented (for example, MPLS) tunnels. This 
   mechanism doesn't impose any new protocol message/capability 
   exchange. It is shown that simple changes to existing IGP shortest
   path computation and routing table structures are sufficient to 
   achieve the desired functionality. More over, routers which 
   implement the proposed mechanism can co-exist and can be fully
   backward compatible with existing unmodified routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-venkata-ipfrr-sspa-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-venkata-ipfrr-sspa-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-venkata-ipfrr-sspa-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce