Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:30:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: U-turn Alternates for IP/LDP Local Protection
	Author(s)	: A. Atlas
	Filename	: draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2004-7-8
	
This document extends the architecture and selection process for
   providing local protection for IP unicast and/or LDP traffic in the
   event of a single link or node failures until the router has
   converged.  When computing the primary next-hop for a prefix, a
   router S also determines an alternate next-hop which can be used if
   the primary next-hop fails.  The alternate can be either a loop-free
   alternate, as described elsewhere, or a U-turn alternate, which goes
   to a neighbor whose primary next-hop to the prefix is the router S,
   but that neighbor has a loop-free node-protecting alternate, which
   thus does not go through router S to reach the destination prefix.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce