Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:27:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Delay-Tolerant Network Architecture
	Author(s)	: V. Cerf, et al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-02.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2004-7-19
	
This document describes an architecture for delay-tolerant networks, 
   and is a generalization of the architecture originally designed for 
   the Interplanetary Internet: a communication system to provide 
   Internet-like services across interplanetary distances in support of 
   deep space exploration.  This document describes a generalization of 
   this architecture that addresses a variety of internetworks with 
   operational and performance characteristics that make conventional 
   (Internet-like) networking approaches either unworkable or 
   impractical.  We define a message-oriented overlay that exists above 
   the transport layer of the networks on which it is hosted.  The 
   document presents an architectural overview followed by discussions 
   of services, topology, routing, security, reliability and state 
   management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce