Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tian-mpls-lsp-source-route-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:42:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Source Routed MPLS LSP using Domain Wide Label
	Author(s)	: A. Tian, G. Apostolopoulos
	Filename	: draft-tian-mpls-lsp-source-route-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-7-21
	
One advantage that MPLS provides is that it allows traffic to be
   directed through an explicit path that deviates from IP routing.
   Such ability is widely used in traffic-engineering and fast-reroute.
   Currently signaling protocols such as RSVP is needed to establish and
   maintain such an explicit Label Switched Path. When there are a large
   number of such signaled LSPs in the network, the aggregated signaling
   and maintenance overhead can be significant.

   In this paper, we propose a way to establish a source routed explicit
   path with zero signaling overhead. The scheme uses a stack of labels
   and requires domain wide LDP FEC to label bindings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tian-mpls-lsp-source-route-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tian-mpls-lsp-source-route-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tian-mpls-lsp-source-route-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce