Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jeong-manet-addr-autoconf-reqts-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:41:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Ad Hoc IP Address Autoconfiguration
	Author(s)	: J. Jeong
	Filename	: draft-jeong-manet-addr-autoconf-reqts-02.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-7-21
	
Ad hoc network has no built-in infra-structure for communication 
among mobile nodes and operates in a stand-alone fashion, or may be 
connected to the public Internet.  All the nodes in ad hoc network 
have the capability to maintain all the resources of the network in a 
distributed fashion.  One of the most important resources is the set
of IP addresses configured with an addressing scheme.  When a new 
node joins a network, it has to be assigned an IP address as part of
its initialization.  Since ad hoc network's topology may change 
unpredictably, it is important to provide a resilient method for 
providing IP address autoconfiguration.  This document specifies the
requirements for IP address autoconfiguration in ad hoc networks 
which have dynamic network topology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-manet-addr-autoconf-reqts-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jeong-manet-addr-autoconf-reqts-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jeong-manet-addr-autoconf-reqts-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce