Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kondo-quarantine-overview-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:40:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Quarantine Model Overview for IPv6 Network Security
	Author(s)	: S. Kondo, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kondo-quarantine-overview-01.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2004-7-21
	
In the current Internet, a site is often secured by firewall, which
   filters bogus traffic from outside at the border of the site.  This
   'Border Defense Model', however, has lots of potential security
   issues, and also prevents a deployment of next-generation Internet
   applications and services.

   This memo surveys the security issues of the Border Defense Model',
   and proposes a network architecture 'Quarantine Model', to prevent
   that security issues and promote a deployment of the next-generation
   Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kondo-quarantine-overview-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kondo-quarantine-overview-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kondo-quarantine-overview-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce