Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-peterson-pidf-ice-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:24:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Advertising Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) Services with Presence
	Author(s)	: J. Peterson
	Filename	: draft-peterson-pidf-ice-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2004-7-13
	
Many presence applications use availability information about a
   presentity to show a watcher their readiness to communicate.  In the
   case of real-time multimedia communications, the readiness of the
   presentity to communicate does not entail that the network topography
   will permit communication to occur.  Accordingly, this document
   specifies a means to integrate Interactive Connectivity Establishment
   (ICE) with presence.  Presentities employing the Presence Information
   Data Format (PIDF) can use the extensions in this draft to advertise
   their ability to undergo a preliminary ICE check, and thus allow
   watchers to instigate ICE tests to ascertain whether or not the
   intervening network is friendly to real-time multimedia
   communication.  In a presence application, the results of this test
   could be displayed to watchers as the relative "connectivity status"
   of the presentity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peterson-pidf-ice-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-peterson-pidf-ice-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-peterson-pidf-ice-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce