Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sipping-nat-scenarios-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:52:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Examples of Network Address Translation (NAT) and 
			  Firewall Traversal for the Session Initiation 
			  Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, G. Camarillo
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-sipping-nat-scenarios-03.txt
	Pages		: 56
	Date		: 2004-7-20
	
This document contains a set of examples about how to establish
sessions through Network Address Translators (NATs) using the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP). NAT traversal for SIP is accomplished
using Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE), which allows the
media streams to work, in addition to the SIP extension for symmetric
response routing, which allows SIP itself to flow through NAT. The
examples cover a range of network topologies and use cases. This
variability helps to demonstrate that the ICE methodology always
works, and that a common client algorithm, independent of the network
topology and deployment configuration, results in the best connectivity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-nat-scenarios-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-sipping-nat-scenarios-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-nat-scenarios-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce