Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ihren-dnsext-threshold-validation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:40:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Threshold Validation: A Mechanism for Improved Trust and 
			  Redundancy for DNSSEC Keys
	Author(s)	: J. Ihren, B. Manning
	Filename	: draft-ihren-dnsext-threshold-validation-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2004-7-22
	
This memo documents a proposal for a different method of validation
for DNSSEC aware resolvers. The key change is that by changing from
a model of one Key Signing Key, KSK, at a time to multiple KSKs it
will be possible to increase the aggregated trust in the signed
keys by leveraging from the trust associated with the different
signees. 
By having multiple keys to chose from validating resolvers get the
opportunity to use local policy to reflect actual trust in
different keys. For instance, it is possible to trust a single,
particular key ultimately, while requiring multiple valid
signatures by less trusted keys for validation to succeed.
Furthermore, with multiple KSKs there are additional redundancy
benefits available since it is possible to roll over different KSKs
at different times which may make rollover scenarios easier to
manage.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ihren-dnsext-threshold-validation-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ihren-dnsext-threshold-validation-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ihren-dnsext-threshold-validation-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce