Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vasseur-mpls-computation-rsvp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:41:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RSVP Path computation request and reply messages
	Author(s)	: J. Vasseur, et al.
	Filename	: draft-vasseur-mpls-computation-rsvp-05.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2004-7-19
	
This document describes extensions to RSVP-TE to support a new 
   message type called a ôPath computationö message.  This message is to 
   be used between an LSR and a Path Computation Element (PCE), which 
   may be an LSR or a centralized path computation tool. An RSVP Path 
   Computation Request message is used by the head-end LSR to send its 
   request to the PCE. The PCE in turn sends an RSVP Path Computation 
   Reply message containing either: 
        - a positive reply, containing one or more paths, if the request 
        can be satisfied. 
        - a negative reply if no path obeying the requested constraints 
        can be found. The PCE may also optionally suggest new constraint 
        values for which one or several paths could be found. 
   There are many situations where a PCE may be used. A typical example 
   is in the context of Inter-area MPLS TE. A head-end LSR could request 
   that a PCE compute one or more paths obeying a specified set of 
   constraints for a TE LSP spanning multiple areas. The PCE could be a 
   centralized path computation Element or an LSR such as an ABR or an 
   ASBR. Another example is the use of a PCE to compute diversely routed 
   paths between two end points.  This may be useful in the context of 
   MPLS TE LSP Path protection or GMPLS LSP Path protection. The 
   computation of Multi-constraints paths requires intensive CPU 
   resources, and may be yet another usage example. Lastly, those 
   protocol extensions could be used as a ôUNIö like protocol between a 
   CE (Customer Edge equipment) and a PE (Provider Edge equipment) where 
   the CE is not part of the PEÆs IGP domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-mpls-computation-rsvp-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vasseur-mpls-computation-rsvp-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-mpls-computation-rsvp-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce