Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jayasumana-reorder-density-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:41:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Reorder Density and Reorder Buffer-occupancy Density -
			  Metrics for Packet Reordering Measurements
	Author(s)	: A. Jayasumana, et al.
	Filename	: draft-jayasumana-reorder-density-03.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2004-7-21
	
Out of order arrival of packets is a common occurrence on Internet, 
   and it will be more widespread as the link speeds increase. 
   Percentage packet reordering is vague and unclear. A good reorder 
   metric will capture the occurrence and characteristics of reordering 
   comprehensively, and have broader utility than merely distinguishing
   among different reordered sequences. Two metrics for packet 
   reordering are presented, namely, Reorder Density (RD) and Reorder 
   Buffer-occupancy Density (RBD). A threshold is used to clearly define
   when a packet is considered lost, to upper bound computational
   complexity at O(N), and to keep the memory requirement for evaluation
   independent of N, where N is the length of the packet sequence. RD is
   a comprehensive metric that captures the characteristics of
   reordering, while RBD evaluates the sequences from the point of view 
   of recovery from reordering. These metrics are simple to compute yet
   comprehensive in their characterization of packet reordering. The 
   measures are robust, and orthogonal to packet loss and duplication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jayasumana-reorder-density-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jayasumana-reorder-density-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jayasumana-reorder-density-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce