Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-touch-tcp-antispoof-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:35:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Defending TCP Against Spoofing Attacks
	Author(s)	: J. Touch
	Filename	: draft-touch-tcp-antispoof-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2004-7-12
	
Recent attacks on core Internet infrastructure indicate an increased
   vulnerability of TCP connections to spurious resets (RSTs).  TCP has
   always been susceptible to such RST spoof attacks, which were
   indirectly protected by checking that the RST sequence number was
   inside the current receive window, as well as via the obfuscation of
   TCP endpoint and port numbers.  For pairs of well-known endpoints
   often over predictable port pairs, such as BGP, increases in the path
   bandwidth-delay product of a connection have sufficiently increased
   the receive window space that off-path third parties can guess a
   viable RST sequence number.  This document addresses this
   vulnerability, discussing proposed solutions at the transport level
   and their inherent challenges, as well as existing network level
   solutions and the feasibility of their deployment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-tcp-antispoof-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-touch-tcp-antispoof-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-touch-tcp-antispoof-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce