Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tian-rsvp-loose-seg-opt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:38:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Loose Segment Optimization in Explicit Paths
	Author(s)	: A. Tian, N. Shen
	Filename	: draft-tian-rsvp-loose-seg-opt-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-7-13
	
RSVP-TE [RSVPTE] can signal explicit paths with loose or strict hops
   in a MPLS network. Using loose hops can shorten the ERO, but can not
   reduce the overhead associated with an RSVP signaled LSP since path
   states are still created on every hop along the path.

   In this paper, we propose a mechanism that can reduce the signaling
   and maintenance overhead associated with loose hops in an RSVP
   signaled LSP in an LDP enabled network. The mechanism can also be
   generalized to work with other tunneling technologies such as GRE or
   IP-in-IP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tian-rsvp-loose-seg-opt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tian-rsvp-loose-seg-opt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tian-rsvp-loose-seg-opt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce