Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:07:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Traversal Using Relay NAT (TURN)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-05.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2004-7-20
	
Traversal Using Relay NAT (TURN) is a protocol that allows for an
element behind a NAT or firewall to receive incoming data over TCP or
UDP connections. It is most useful for elements behind symmetric NATs
or firewalls that wish to be on the receiving end of a connection to
a single peer. TURN does not allow for users to run servers on well
known ports if they are behind a nat; it supports the connection of a
user behind a nat to only a single peer. In that regard, its role is
to provide the same security functions provided by symmetric NATs 
firewalls, but to ``turn'' the tables so that the element on the
inside can be on the receiving end, rather than the sending end, of a
connection that is requested by the client.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce