Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jinchoi-dna-cpl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:35:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DNA with unmodified routers: Prefix list based approach
	Author(s)	: J. Choi, E. Nordmark
	Filename	: draft-jinchoi-dna-cpl-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2004-7-12
	
Upon establishing a new link-layer connection, a host determines
   whether a link change has occurred to examine the validity of its IP
   configuration.  This draft presents a way to robustly check for link
   change without assuming changes to the routers.  Each link can be
   uniquely identified by the set of prefixes assigned to it.  We
   propose that, at each attached link, the host generates the complete
   prefix list, that is, the prefix list contains all the prefixes on
   the link, and when it receives a hint that indicates a possible link
   change, it detects the identity of the link by consulting the
   existing prefix list.  This memo describes how to generate the
   complete prefix list and to robustly check for link change even in
   the presence of packet losses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jinchoi-dna-cpl-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jinchoi-dna-cpl-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jinchoi-dna-cpl-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce