Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-narayanan-mrtp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:30:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MRTP: A Multi-Flow Real-time Transport Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Narayanan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-narayanan-mrtp-00.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2004-7-14
	
Multimedia data transport over ad hoc networks is a challenging 
   problem. The dynamic nature of the underlying routing and the highly 
   varying quality of the wireless communication links present 
   additional hurdles for the transport of real-time traffic between 
   hosts. However, the mesh topology of ad hoc networks implies the 
   existence of multiple paths between any two nodes. It has been shown 
   in the literature that path diversity provides an effective means of 
   combating transmission errors and topology changes that are typical 
   in ad hoc networks. Moreover, data partitioning techniques, such as 
   striping and thinning, have been demonstrated to improve the queuing 
   performance of real-time data. Recognizing the advantages of these 
   techniques, as well as the increasing need for video services in ad 
   hoc networks, we propose a new transport protocol to support 
   multipath transport of real-time data. The new protocol, called 
   Multi-flow Real-time Transport Protocol (MRTP), provides a convenient 
   vehicle for real-time multimedia applications to partition and to 
   transmit data using multiple flows. Even though the basic idea of 
   MRTP is presented in the context of ad hoc networks, the benefits 
   demonstrated by the use of MRTP is equally applicable to other types 
   of IP network providing multi-media streaming services including the 
   Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-mrtp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-narayanan-mrtp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-mrtp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce