Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-polk-rsvp-aggregate-reduction-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:36:30 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RSVP Extension for Bandwidth Reduction of an Aggregate
	Author(s)	: J. Polk, S. Dhesikan
	Filename	: draft-polk-rsvp-aggregate-reduction-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2004-7-12
	
This document proposes an extension to the Resource Reservation 
   Protocol (RSVP) that allows an aggregated reservation to be 
   partially preempted. Currently, when a higher priority reservation 
   request arrives and sufficient bandwidth is unavailable to meet 
   that request, a lower priority aggregated reservation may be 
   preempted in whole, whether or not the entire bandwidth is 
   required. This document describes a method where the lower priority
   aggregated reservation is preempted only to the extent to which its
   bandwidth is required for the higher priority request. This allows 
   the aggregator to fail only a portion of the individual sessions 
   that is aggregated and allow the rest of the sessions to continue 
   unaffected.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-rsvp-aggregate-reduction-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-polk-rsvp-aggregate-reduction-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-polk-rsvp-aggregate-reduction-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce