Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ouldbrahim-l2vpn-service-mediation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:36:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Service Mediation  between Layer-2 and IP/MPLS Networks
	Author(s)	: H. Ould-Brahim, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ouldbrahim-l2vpn-service-mediation-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2004-7-12
	
        Consider the scenario where the service provider establishes an 
        end-to-end connection between edge devices that are attached to 
        native layer-2 network and MPLS edge devices that are attached 
        to MPLS core network. The end-to-end layer-2 connection is 
        built from two segments: one segment is in its native layer-2 
        form established using native layer-2 signaling protocols and 
        the other segment is a pseudowire established using L2VPN/PWE3 
        signaling protocols. We call such scenario "Service Mediation" 
        and the end-to-end layer-2 connection a "mediated" service. 
        This draft describes a flexible service mediation architecture 
        that supports a number of capabilities such as address 
        independence, address mobility, service and mediation gateway 
        resiliency, support for multiple layer-2 addressing plans 
        (E.164, X.121, NSAP addressing, etc), ability to not only 
        initiate the mediated connection from the layer-2 network but 
        as well from the MPLS network if desired. We highlight key 
        components such as signaling, auto-discovery, endpoint 
        identification, and resiliency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-l2vpn-service-mediation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ouldbrahim-l2vpn-service-mediation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-l2vpn-service-mediation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce