Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kaushik-snmp-external-usm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:32:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: External User Security Model (EUSM) for version 3 of the 
			  Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3)
	Author(s)	: K. Narayan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kaushik-snmp-external-usm-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2004-7-13
	
SNMPv3 provides a framework for user identity based authentication, 
   privacy and granular access control. SNMPv3 aids secure manageability
   and overcomes one of major drawbacks in previous versions of the SNMP
   standard. There has been a significant lack of uptake for deployment
   of SNMPv3, and a number of organizations are still using 
   SNMPv1/SNMPv2c. This is because SNMPv3 does not integrate well with 
   administrative security schemes defined for existing management 
   interfaces like the device command line interfaces. We believe this 
   is because the SNMPv3 standard does not address the issue of 
   management and distribution of the keying material for SNMP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kaushik-snmp-external-usm-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kaushik-snmp-external-usm-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kaushik-snmp-external-usm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce