Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosen-dns-sos-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:34:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Emergency Call Information in the Domain Name System
	Author(s)	: B. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-rosen-dns-sos-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-7-21
	
Location of a caller is essential to processing an emergency call.
Location is needed to correctly route the call, and to correctly
dispatch help to the right place.  Location can be specified in
geographic (lat/lon/altitude) or civil (country/provin ce/city/
street/floor/room) forms.  Determining which Emergency Response
Center (ERC) should receive the call requires comparing the callers
location to a service area boundary description, which may require
location in geo form.  Dispatching a call generally requires a civil
location.  There is a need for a way to translate a civil to a geo or
vice versa to the resolution of a room.  There is also a need to
publish the service area boundary of the ERC and the emergency
responders.  Further, there is a need for a database of legal civil
addresses (sometimes called a Master Street Address Guide) that civil
locations may be verified against to assure correctness, and
uniformity of naming so that dispatch is accurate.  The memo proposes a new DDDS application and a new POLY RR to assist emergency calls.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-dns-sos-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosen-dns-sos-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosen-dns-sos-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce