Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jones-opsec-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:26:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Framework for Operational Security Requirements 
			  for IP Network Infrastructure
	Author(s)	: G. Jones, et al.
	Filename	: draft-jones-opsec-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-7-9
	
This document outlines work to be done and documents to be produced
   by the proposed Operational Security Requirements (OPSEC) Working
   Group.  The goal of the working group is to codify knowledge about
   feature sets that are required to securely deploy and operate managed
   network elements providing transit services at OSI layers 2 and 3,
   i.e.  switches and routers.  The intent is to provide clear, concise
   documentation of requirements necessary for operating networks
   securely, to assist network operators in communicating their
   requirements to vendors, and to provide vendors with input that is
   useful for building more secure devices.  The working group will
   produce requirements appropriate for large Internet Service Provider
   (ISP) and Enterprise Networks.  This work is intended to refine
   RFCxxxx.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jones-opsec-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jones-opsec-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jones-opsec-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce