Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-raggarwa-l3vpn-mvpn-vpls-mcast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:15:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast in BGP/MPLS VPNs and VPLS
	Author(s)	: R. Aggarwal
	Filename	: draft-raggarwa-l3vpn-mvpn-vpls-mcast-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-8-25
	
This document describes a solution framework for overcoming the
   limitations of existing Multicast VPN (MVPN) and VPLS multicast
   solutions.  It describes procedures for enhancing the scalability of
   multicast for BGP/MPLS VPNs. It also describes procedures for VPLS
   multicast that utilize multicast trees in the sevice provider (SP)
   network.  The procedures described here reduce the overhead of PIM
   neighbor relationships that a PE router needs to maintain for
   BGP/MPLS VPNs. They also reduce the state (and the overhead of
   maintaining the state) in the SP network by removing the need to
   maintain in the SP network at least one dedicated multicast tree per
   each VPN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raggarwa-l3vpn-mvpn-vpls-mcast-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-raggarwa-l3vpn-mvpn-vpls-mcast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-raggarwa-l3vpn-mvpn-vpls-mcast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce