Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-raggarwa-bgp-nexthop-rewrite-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:18:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Preserving Original BGP Next Hops
	Author(s)	: R. Aggarwal, et al.
	Filename	: draft-raggarwa-bgp-nexthop-rewrite-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2004-8-16
	
A BGP speaker uses the NEXT_HOP attribute or the MP_REACH_NLRI
   attribute to advertise the IP address that should be used as the next
   hop to the destinations listed in the Network Layer Reachability
   Information (NLRI).  This next hop may be rewritten by other BGP
   speakers when the NLRI is re-advertised. Some applications depend on
   the original BGP next hop. This document proposes a mechanism to
   preserve the original BGP next hop.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raggarwa-bgp-nexthop-rewrite-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-raggarwa-bgp-nexthop-rewrite-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-raggarwa-bgp-nexthop-rewrite-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce