Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xdlee-idn-cdnadmin-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:30:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Registration and Administration Guideline for 
			  Chinese Domain Names
	Author(s)	: X. Lee, et al.
	Filename	: draft-xdlee-idn-cdnadmin-02.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2004-8-12
	
Non-ASCII characters are adopted into Internationalized Domain Names 
(IDN, described in [RFC3490], [RFC3491] and [RFC3492]), so it is possible for users to access Internet with their native languages, which are mostly not English. Many languages have their special requirements which haven't been solved in IDN RFCs, for example, the requirement about Chinese domain names (CDN)' variant equivalence for Chinese users.
Chinese variant equivalence itself is very complicated. The basic 
requirement is that users think Simplified Chinese (SC) domain name is 
equal to its Traditional Chinese (TC) form, and when they register SC 
domain names, they do want the Traditional forms, and hope others could 
access their sites by other forms, and vice versa.

Based on [IDNADMIN], this document put forwards a solution for Chinese 
domain name registration and administration to solve Simplified Chinese 
and Traditional Chinese domain name equivalence. This solution is 
suitable for any IDN Zone manage or registrar who provide Chinese domain 
names service. According to [IDNADMIN], this solution is IDL-based 
(Internationalized Domain Label).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xdlee-idn-cdnadmin-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-xdlee-idn-cdnadmin-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xdlee-idn-cdnadmin-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce