Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-templin-ipvlx-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:21:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPvLX: IPv6 Addressing in the IPv4 Internet
	Author(s)	: F. Templin
	Filename	: draft-templin-ipvlx-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2004-8-18
	
The IPv6 128-bit address space was designed as a solution for the
   32-bit limitation of IPv4, but deployment of IPv4 in the global
   Internet continues via private addressing domains behind Network
   Address Translators (NATs).  For these reasons, use of IPv6 at the
   end nodes with minimal perturbation of IPv4 networks presents a
   natural long-term transition and coexistence alternative. This
   document proposes IP Virtual Link Extension (IPvLX): a new
   encapsulation method for IPv6 addressing in IPv4 networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-ipvlx-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-templin-ipvlx-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-templin-ipvlx-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce