Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moore-mail-nr-fields-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:15:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NoReply Header Fields for Internet Mail
	Author(s)	: K. Moore
	Filename	: draft-moore-mail-nr-fields-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2004-8-25
	
This memo introduces new header fields for use in Internet email, to
allow the author of a message to specify primary (To) and secondary (Cc)
recipients who, in the author's opinion, should not be recipients of a
reply to the message.  These new fields are designed to be highly
compatible with pre-existing mail handling programs, and to facilitate a
graceful transition.

If this document is favorably received, it is the author's intent to
submit this document (as an individual submission) for consideration for
Proposed Standard status.  Unless IESG directs otherwise, public
discussion of this document should be on the [email-masked] mailing
list.  Comments may also be sent to the author.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moore-mail-nr-fields-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-moore-mail-nr-fields-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moore-mail-nr-fields-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce