Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kun-stoder-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:57:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: STODER: A Reliable TCP Spurious Timeout Detection 
			  Algorithm using Repacketization
	Author(s)	: Q. Zhang, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kun-stoder-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-9-7
	
Spurious timeouts are not rare events in wireless wide-area network,
e.g. GPRS or EDGE. It has been reported that spurious timeouts
greatly decrease TCP's performance in many aspects. It is not only
because of the unnecessary retransmission of the last window of data,
but also the congestion control is falsely triggered. Existing
proposals of detecting spurious timeouts either require additional
information on each data packet, e.g., the timestamps option, or
heuristically deduce spurious timeouts. These approaches need
heuristic feedbacks from the receiver, and hence are vulnerable to
misbehaving receivers. In this document, a novel algorithm that
reliably detects spurious TCP retransmission timeouts, called STODER,
is presented. STODER is a TCP sender algorithm and does not require
any information attached on data packets. STODER exploits TCP
repacketization to detect false retransmission and is well protected
against malicious receivers. Therefore, a more aggressive response
algorithm can be safely applied along with the STODER algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kun-stoder-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kun-stoder-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kun-stoder-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce