Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nguyen-ospf-restart-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:10:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: OSPF Restart Signaling
	Author(s)	: A. Zinin, et al.
	Filename	: draft-nguyen-ospf-restart-05.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2004-9-1
	
OSPF is a link-state intra-domain routing protocol used in IP
networks. Routers find new and detect unreachable neighbors via Hello
subprotocol. Hello OSPF packets are also used to ensure two-way
connectivity within time. When a router restarts its OSPF software,
it may not know its neighbors. If such a router sends a hello packet
on an interface, its neighbors are going to reset the adjacency,
which may not be desirable in certain conditions.  This memo
describes a vendor specific mechanism that allows OSPF routers to
inform their neighbors about the restart process.  Note that this
mechanism requires support from neighboring routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-ospf-restart-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nguyen-ospf-restart-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-ospf-restart-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce