Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iesg-tcpmd5app-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:33:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Engineering Steering Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Standards Maturity Variance Regarding the TCP MD5 
			  Signature Option (RFC 2385) and the BGP-4 Specification
	Author(s)	: S. Bellovin, A. Zinin
	Filename	: draft-iesg-tcpmd5app-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2004-9-22
	
The IETF Standards Process requires that all normative references for
a document be at the same or higher level of standardization.  RFC
2026 section 9.1 allows the IESG to grant a variance to the standard
practices of the IETF.  This document explains why the IESG is
considering doing so for the revised version of the BGP-4
specification, which refers normatively to RFC 2385, 'Protection of
BGP Sessions via the TCP MD5 Signature Option'.  RFC 2385 will remain
at the Proposed Standard level.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iesg-tcpmd5app-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iesg-tcpmd5app-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iesg-tcpmd5app-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce