Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-iwarp-da-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:56:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Storage Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Datamover Architecture for iSCSI (DA)
	Author(s)	: M. Chadalapaka, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ips-iwarp-da-00.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 2004-9-10
	
          iSCSI is a SCSI transport protocol that maps the SCSI family 
          of application protocols onto TCP/IP.  The Datamover 
          Architecture for iSCSI (DA) defines an abstract model in 
          which the movement of data between iSCSI end nodes is 
          logically separated from the rest of the iSCSI protocol in 
          order to allow iSCSI to adapt to innovations available in new 
          IP transports.  The new Datamover protocol provides a 
          reliable transport for all iSCSI PDUs, but actually moves the 
          data required for certain iSCSI PDUs without involving the 
          remote iSCSI layer itself.  This document begins with an 
          introduction of a few new abstractions, defines a layered 
          architecture for iSCSI and Datamover protocols, and then 
          models the interactions within an iSCSI end node between the 
          iSCSI layer and the Datamover layer that happen in order to 
          transparently perform remote data movement within an IP 
          fabric.  It is intended that this definition would help map 
          iSCSI to generic RDMA-capable IP fabrics in the future 
          comprising TCP, SCTP, and possibly other underlying network 
          transport layers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-iwarp-da-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ips-iwarp-da-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-iwarp-da-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce