Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gg-udt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:39:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: UDT: A Transport Protocol for Data Intensive Applications
	Author(s)	: Y. Gu, R. Grossman
	Filename	: draft-gg-udt-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2004-9-16
	
This document proposes UDT, or UDP based Data Transfer protocol,
which can be used in high bandwidth-delay product (BDP) networks to
utilize the abundant network resource efficiently. Potential users
are people who work with distributed data intensive applications,
such as scientific computing on computational grids.

The current widely used TCP version (TCP Reno with SACK option) does
not work well in such environments due to its slow discovery and
recovery to the available bandwidth as the network BDP increases, as
well as due to its fairness problem when concurrent TCP flows have
different RTTs.

UDT is an application layer solution by adding congestion control and
reliability control to UDP. UDT combines rate control and window
control and it uses bandwidth estimation techniques to dynamically
configure the control parameters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gg-udt-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gg-udt-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gg-udt-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce