Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chen-bgp-group-path-update-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:29:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Advertisement of the Group Best Paths in BGP
	Author(s)	: E. Chen, N. Chen
	Filename	: draft-chen-bgp-group-path-update-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-9-29
	
In this document we first identify the (neighbor-AS based) Group Best
   Paths for an address prefix as the sufficient subset that can be
   advertised by a BGP route reflector or a BGP confederation ASBR to
   eliminate the MED-type route oscillations in a network.  We then
   propose a BGP extension to support the advertisement of the Group
   Best Paths by a route reflector or a confederation ASBR.  The
   extension also allows the advertisement of all the paths in a group
   that survive the MED comparison, thus achieving the same routing
   consistency as the full IBGP mesh.  The proposed mechanisms are
   designed such that the vast majority of the BGP speakers in a network
   need only minor software changes in order to deploy the mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-bgp-group-path-update-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chen-bgp-group-path-update-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chen-bgp-group-path-update-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce