Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-duerst-iri-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:02:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)
	Author(s)	: M. Duerst, M. Suignard
	Filename	: draft-duerst-iri-10.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 2004-9-27
	
This document defines a new protocol element, the Internationalized
   Resource Identifier (IRI), as a complement to the Uniform Resource
   Identifier (URI). An IRI is a sequence of characters from the
   Universal Character Set (Unicode/ISO 10646). A mapping from IRIs to
   URIs is defined, which means that IRIs can be used instead of URIs
   where appropriate to identify resources.
   The approach of defining a new protocol element was chosen, instead
   of extending or changing the definition of URIs, to allow a clear
   distinction and to avoid incompatibilities with existing software.
   Guidelines for the use and deployment of IRIs in various protocols,
   formats, and software components that now deal with URIs are
   provided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-10.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-duerst-iri-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce