Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:03:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Uniform Resource Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax
	Author(s)	: T. Berners-Lee, et al.
	Filename	: draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-07.txt
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 2004-9-27
	
A Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) is a compact sequence of
   characters for identifying an abstract or physical resource.  This
   specification defines the generic URI syntax and a process for
   resolving URI references that might be in relative form, along with
   guidelines and security considerations for the use of URIs on the
   Internet.  The URI syntax defines a grammar that is a superset of all
   valid URIs, such that an implementation can parse the common
   components of a URI reference without knowing the scheme-specific
   requirements of every possible identifier.  This specification does
   not define a generative grammar for URIs; that task is performed by
   the individual specifications of each URI scheme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce