Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-eap-statemachine-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:02:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extensible Authentication Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: State Machines for Extensible Authentication Protocol 
			  (EAP) Peer and Authenticator
	Author(s)	: J. Vollbrecht, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-eap-statemachine-05.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 53
	Date		: 2004-9-27
	
This document describes a set of state machines for EAP peer, EAP
   standalone authenticator (non-pass-through), EAP backend
   authenticator (for use on Authentication, Authorization and
   Accounting (AAA) servers), and EAP full authenticator (for both local
   and pass-through). This set of state machines shows how EAP can be
   implemented to support deployment in either a peer/authenticator or
   peer/authenticator/AAA Server environment. The peer and standalone
   authenticator machines are illustrative of how the EAP protocol
   defined in [RFC3748]  may be implemented.  The backend and full/
   pass-through authenticators illustrate how EAP/AAA protocol support
   defined in [RFC3579] may be implemented. Where there are differences
   [RFC3748]/[RFC3579] are authoritative.
   The state machines are based on the EAP "Switch" model. This model
   includes  events and actions for the interaction between the EAP
   Switch and EAP methods. A brief description of the EAP "Switch" model
   is given in the Introduction section.
   The State Machine and associated model are informative only.
   Implementations may achieve the same results using different methods.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-statemachine-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-eap-statemachine-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-statemachine-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce