Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:53:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: QoS-NSLP QSpec Template
	Author(s)	: J. Ash, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-9-30
	
This draft describes a QSpec template for the QoS NSIS Signaling 
   Layer Protocol (QoS NSLP) for signaling QoS reservations in the 
   Internet. A QSpec is transported in QoS-NSLP messages and is opaque 
   to QoS NSLP. It contains the QoS Signaling Model (QSM) Control 
   Information and QoS Description parameters. Control Information is, 
   for example, the scope of a particular QSpec. QoS Description 
   parameters are primary input and output parameters of the Resource 
   Management Function.  They include descriptions of the QoS desired 
   and the QoS reserved. QoS Description parameters can also be used 
   for collecting information about resource availability along the 
   path and for signaling a range of acceptable QoS. The QSpec template 
   defines generic parameters that are common to many QSMs. 
   Particularly they are derived from the IntServ and DiffServ QoS 
   Models. They should be used by all QSMs if applicable and must be 
   understood by all QNEs. By identifying the generic parameters we aim 
   to ensure interoperability between different QSMs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce