Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brase-urn-tib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:33:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Request for the URN namespace "tib" for scientific primary data
	Author(s)	: J. Brase
	Filename	: draft-brase-urn-tib-00.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 2004-9-28
	
The German research agency (DFG) has started a project in 2004 to 
improve the access to primary data especially for interdisciplinary 
data use. Publications of primary data should be citable as 
publications so that the data set may be cited together with the author
when being used further. 
By this, scientific primary data should not be exclusively understood 
as part of a scientific publication, but may have its own identity. 
The data records remain at their research institutes, but the metadata
records will be stored at the German national library of Science and 
Technology (TIB) as a central registration agency, the data records are
identified with a DOI as a persistent identifier. In cooperation with 
the German Library the data record shall also be registered with an 
urn.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brase-urn-tib-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brase-urn-tib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brase-urn-tib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce