Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-marid-mailfrom-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:39:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MTA Authorization Records in DNS Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Authorizing Use of Domains in MAIL FROM
	Author(s)	: M. Lentczner, M. Wong
	Filename	: draft-ietf-marid-mailfrom-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-9-16
	
Mail on the Internet can be forged in a number of ways.  In
   particular, existing protocols place no restriction in what a sending
   host can use as the reverse-path of a message.  This document
   describes a protocol whereby a domain can explicitly authorize the
   hosts that are allowed to use its domain name in a reverse-path, and
   a way for receiving hosts to check such authorization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-mailfrom-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-marid-mailfrom-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-mailfrom-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce