Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dna-goals-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:50:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Detecting Network Attachment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6 Goals
	Author(s)	: J. Choi, G. Daley
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dna-goals-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2004-10-1
	
At the time a host establishes a new link-layer connection, it may or
   may not have a valid IP configuration for Internet connectivity.  The
   host may check for link change, i.e.  determine whether a link change
   has occurred, and then, based on the result, it can automatically
   decide whether its IP configuration is still valid or not.  During
   link identity detection, the host may also collect necessary
   information to initiate a new IP configuration for the case that the
   IP subnet has changed.  In this memo, this procedure is called
   Detecting Network Attachment (DNA).  DNA schemes should be precise,
   sufficiently fast, secure and of limited signaling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dna-goals-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dna-goals-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dna-goals-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce