Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-variable-rate-audio-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:25:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Timestamp Frequency for Variable Rate Audio Codecs
	Author(s)	: S. Wenger, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-variable-rate-audio-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2004-10-19
	
This memo discusses the problems of audio codecs with variable 
   external sampling rates.  Historically, for audio codecs, the RTP 
   timestamp frequency was chosen to match the sampling rate of the 
   audio codec.  However, this choice is nowadays more difficult to 
   justify, because of the advent of audio codecs (and, even more 
   important, practical use cases) that support multiple sample rates 
   and the switch between the sample rates during the lifetime of an 
   RTP session.  This Internet draft addresses the problem by 
   suggesting that RTP Payload RFCs for such codecs to utilize a 
   single, high, unified RTP timestamp frequency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-variable-rate-audio-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-variable-rate-audio-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-variable-rate-audio-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce