Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ata-ipv6-anycast-resolving-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:42:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Protocol for Anycast Address Resolving
	Author(s)	: S. Ata, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ata-ipv6-anycast-resolving-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2004-10-27
	
Since the route of packets to the same anycast adddress may change
   according to the network/node condition, it is not suitable to use
   anycast addresses directry for stateful communications (such as TCP).

   The more preferable use of the anycast addresses is to discover (the
   unicast address of) service node.

   The approach intended to describe in this document is to resolve
   (i.e., obtain) the corresponding unicast address for the anycast
   address prior to establishing the communication. We call this process
   as Anycast Address Resolving (AARP).

   The objevtive of the AARP is to enable the use of anycast addresses
   to all existing applications without any modifications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ata-ipv6-anycast-resolving-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ata-ipv6-anycast-resolving-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ata-ipv6-anycast-resolving-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce