Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manner-lmmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:48:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Local Mobility Management Protocol (LMMP)
	Author(s)	: J. Manner
	Filename	: draft-manner-lmmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2004-10-18
	
Mobile IP (MIP) is the well-known protocol to handle the mobility of
   IP-based mobile nodes (MN). However, MIP has some drawbacks,
   including high latency in updates during a handover, and the need for
   infrastructure in the home networks of MNs. To enhance the mobility
   of nodes within a single domain, an access network (AN), several
   local mobility (also called micro mobility) management protocols have
   been suggested. All these protocols have their strengths and
   drawbacks. The deployment of these protocols is a chicken and egg
   problem, since both the AN and the MNs must support the same
   protocol. This draft presents a new protocol that can be used to
   replace the communication between the AN and the MNs in the existing
   local mobility management schemes. The protocol hides from MNs the
   AN-internal mobility management mechanisms and, therefore, allows MNs
   to log in to and roam within any AN regardless of the local mobility
   scheme used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manner-lmmp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-manner-lmmp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-manner-lmmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce