Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hong-dna-if-l2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:31:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Considerations for DNA Schemes with Multiple Interfaces 
			  and Layer 2 Technologies
	Author(s)	: Y. Hong, et al.
	Filename	: draft-hong-dna-if-l2-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2004-10-19
	
In this document we consider and analyze various environments for
     applying Detecting Network Attachment (DNA) schemes. Although DNA
     schemes are typically run for each interface and a host separately
     checks for link changes on each interface when the host has
     multiple interfaces, DNA schemes in the host must be considered to
     check the multiple interfaces at the same time for a seamless
     service. In addition, DNA schemes in the host must be capable of
     managing together each DNA scheme on each interface. Current DNA
     schemes only rely on 'Break before Make' L2 technology such as
     802.11. But now and in future, there will be other 'Make before
     break' L2 technologies such as CDMA. In these L2 technologies, DNA
     schemes must be operated differently in order to make use of their
     characteristics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-dna-if-l2-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hong-dna-if-l2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hong-dna-if-l2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce