Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:33:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: U-turn Alternates for IP/LDP Local Protection
	Author(s)	: A. Atlas
	Filename	: draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-01.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2004-10-26
	
This document defines and describes the use of u-turn alternates to
   provide local protection for IP unicast and/or LDP traffic in the
   event of a single link or node failure.  When a topology change
   occurs, a router S pre-computes for each prefix an alternate next-hop
   that can be used if the primary next-hop fails.  An acceptable
   alternate can be either a loop-free alternate or a U-turn alternate.
   A U-turn alternate uses a neighbor, whose primary next-hop to the
   prefix is router S itself and which has itself a loop-free
   node-protecting alternate, which thus does not go through router S to
   reach the destination prefix.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-uturn-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce