Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-black-snmp-uri-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:53:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Scheme for the 
			  Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
	Author(s)	: D. Black, et al.
	Filename	: draft-black-snmp-uri-08.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2004-10-21
	
SNMP and the Internet Standard Management Framework are widely 
      used for management of communication devices, creating needs to 
      specify SNMP access (including access to SNMP MIB object 
      instances) from non-SNMP management environments.  For example, 
      when out-of-band IP management is used via a separate management 
      interface (e.g., for a device that does not support in-band IP 
      access) there is a need for a uniform way to indicate how to 
      contact the device for management.  URIs fit this need well, as 
      they allow a single text string to indicate a management access 
      communication endpoint for a wide variety of IP-based protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-black-snmp-uri-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-black-snmp-uri-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-black-snmp-uri-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce