Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-galtzur-l2tpext-gr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:52:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (Version 3) Graceful Restart
	Author(s)	: S. Galtzur
	Filename	: draft-galtzur-l2tpext-gr-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2004-10-28
	
This document describes a mechanism that helps to minimize the 
negative effects on L2TP traffic caused by L2TP Control Connection 
Endpoint (LCCE) control plane restart, specifically by the restart of 
its control protocol component, on LCCEs that are capable of 
preserving the L2TP forwarding component ( a.k.a. the L2TP data 
plane) across the restart. 
The mechanism described in this document is applicable to all LCCEs, 
both those with the ability to preserve Forwarding State during the 
control plane (CP) restart and those without (although the latter 
needs to implement only a subset of the mechanism described in this 
document).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-galtzur-l2tpext-gr-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-galtzur-l2tpext-gr-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-galtzur-l2tpext-gr-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce