Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-hip-base-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:41:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Host Identity Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Moskowitz, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-hip-base-01.txt
	Pages		: 104
	Date		: 2004-10-27
	
This memo specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).
   The overall description of protocol and the underlying architectural
   thinking is available in the separate HIP architecture specification.
   The Host Identity Protocol is used to establish a rapid
   authentication between two hosts and to provide continuity of
   communications between those hosts independent of the networking
   layer.

   The various forms of the Host Identity, Host Identity Tag (HIT) and
   Local Scope Identifier (LSI), are covered in detail.  It is described
   how they are used to support authentication and the establishment of
   keying material, which is then used by IPsec Encapsulated Security
   payload (ESP) to establish a two-way secured communication channel
   between the hosts.  The basic state machine for HIP provides a HIP
   compliant host with the resiliency to avoid many denial-of-service
   (DoS)attacks.  The basic HIP exchange for two public hosts shows the
   actual packet flow.  Other HIP exchanges, including those that work
   across NATs are covered elsewhere.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-base-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-hip-base-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-base-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce