Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rabbat-ccamp-carrier-survey-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:55:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Carrier Survey Results on GMPLS-based 
			  Shared-Mesh Transport Restoration Strategies
	Author(s)	: R. Rabbat, et al.
	Filename	: draft-rabbat-ccamp-carrier-survey-01.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2004-10-25
	
Optical transport networks operated using a GMPLS-based control plane 
   enable todays network operators to offer valuable new services. With 
   the completion of a number of GMPLS signaling and routing standards 
   and the availability of products implementing them, providers are now 
   looking at ways to enable additional features, such as shared-mesh 
   restoration. These can be key to efficient network operation while 
   providing strict performance guarantees. In that context, several 
   areas of work still need to be addressed within the CCAMP WG of the 
   IETF to develop interoperable, standards-based solutions that 
   carriers can embrace. 
    
   Towards that end, this document presents the results of a serious 
   attempt to systematically gather and collate carrier inputs on 
   strategies for shared-mesh restoration and the associated issues. The 
   survey results are presented in aggregate form to provide an overview
   of carrier thinking, while retaining specific carrier response 
   confidentiality. The goal is to highlight areas of carrier concerns, 
   and identify specific work items to focus on and facilitate further 
   discussion on them. This is to enable the CCAMP WG to pursue ongoing 
   and further work in this area that is focused towards addressing the 
   identified carrier requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-ccamp-carrier-survey-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rabbat-ccamp-carrier-survey-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-ccamp-carrier-survey-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce