Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-applic-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:49:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: VPLS Applicability
	Author(s)	: M. Lasserre, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-applic-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-10-18
	
Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) is a layer 2 VPN service that 
   provides multipoint connectivity in the form of an Ethernet emulated    
   LAN, while usual L2 VPN services are typically point-to-point. Such 
   emulated LANs can span across metropolitan area networks as well as 
   wide area networks.  
    
   [VPLS-LDP] defines a method for signaling MPLS connections between 
   member PEs of a VPN and a method for forwarding Ethernet frames over 
   such connections. This document describes the applicability of such 
   procedures to provide VPLS services.  
    
   This document also compares the characteristics of this solution 
   against the requirements specified in [L2VPN-REQ]. In summary, there 
   are no architectural limitations to prevent the requirements from 
   being met.  But meeting certain requirements (e.g. QoS) is beyond 
   the specification of [VPLS-LDP], and requires careful planning and 
   precise implementation of the Service Provider (SP) networks. This 
   document attempts to capture such issues, presents the potential 
   solutions to these issues, and discusses the pros and cons of each 
   alternative.   
    
   This document does not cover the applicability of [VPLS-BGP].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-applic-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-applic-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-applic-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce