Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:04:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Protected EAP Protocol (PEAP) Version 2
	Author(s)	: S. Josefsson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-09.txt
	Pages		: 85
	Date		: 2004-10-12
	
The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) provides support for
   multiple authentication methods. This document defines the Protected
   Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP) Version 2, which provides
   an encrypted and authenticated tunnel based on transport layer
   security (TLS) that encapsulates EAP authentication mechanisms.
   PEAPv2 uses TLS to protect against rogue authenticators, protect
   against various attacks on the confidentiality and integrity of the
   inner EAP method exchange and provide EAP peer identity privacy.
   PEAPv2 also provides support for chaining multiple EAP mechanisms,
   cryptographic binding between authentications performed by inner EAP
   mechanisms and the tunnel, exchange of arbitrary parameters (TLVs),
   and fragmentation and reassembly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce