Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-hvpls-oam-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:46:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Testing Hierarchical Virtual Private LAN Services
	Author(s)	: O. Stokes, et al.
	Filename	: draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-hvpls-oam-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2004-10-19
	
This document describes a methodology for testing the operation, 
  administration and maintenance (OA&M) of a general VPN service, that 
  is applied here to Hierarchical Virtual Private LAN Services (HVPLS) 
  as described in [VPLS].  As part of this methodology, the MPLS ping 
  concepts described in [LSP-PING] are extended to enable HVPLS spoke-
  to-spoke connectivity testing.  The approaches to identifying OAM 
  packets has also been made compatible with [LSP-PING] and [PWE3-VCCV].  
   
  These are the goals of this draft: 
       -   checking connectivity between 'service-aware' nodes of a 
           network, 
       -   verifying data plane and control plane integrity, 
       -   verifying service membership 
   
  There are two specific requirements to which we call attention because 
  of their seemingly contradictory nature: 
       -   the checking of connectivity MUST involve the ability to use 
           packets that look like customer packets 
       -   the OAM packets MUST not propagate beyond the boundary of the 
           provider network

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-hvpls-oam-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-hvpls-oam-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stokes-vkompella-l2vpn-hvpls-oam-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce