Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-funk-tls-inner-application-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:49:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TLS Inner Application Extension (TLS/IA)
	Author(s)	: P. Funk, et al.
	Filename	: draft-funk-tls-inner-application-extension-00.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2004-10-18
	
This document defines a new TLS extension called "Inner 
   Application". When TLS is used with the Inner Application extension 
   (TLS/IA), additional messages are exchanged during the TLS 
   handshake, each of which is an encrypted sequence of Attribute-
   Value-Pairs (AVPs) from the RADIUS/Diameter namespace. Hence, the 
   AVPs defined in RADIUS and Diameter have the same meaning in TLS/AI; 
   that is, each attribute code point refers to the same logical 
   attribute in any of these protocols. Arbitrary "applications" may be 
   implemented using the AVP exchange. Possible applications include 
   EAP or other forms of user authentication, client integrity 
   checking, provisioning of additional tunnels, and the like. Use of 
   the RADIUS/Diameter namespace provides natural compatibility between 
   TLS/IA applications and widely deployed AAA infrastructures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-funk-tls-inner-application-extension-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-funk-tls-inner-application-extension-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-funk-tls-inner-application-extension-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce