Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hartman-gss-naming-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:56:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GSSAPI Mechanisms without a Single Canonical Name
	Author(s)	: S. Hartman
	Filename	: draft-hartman-gss-naming-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-10-25
	
The Generic Security Services API (GSSAPI) uses name-based
   authorization.  GSSAPI authenticates two named parties to each other.
   Names can be stored on access control lists to make authorization
   decisions.  Advances in security mechanisms require this model to be
   extended.  Some mechanisms such as public-key mechanisms do not have
   a single name to be used. Other mechanisms such as Kerberos allow
   names to change as people move around organizations.  This document
   proposes expanding the definition of GSSAPI names to deal with these
   situations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hartman-gss-naming-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hartman-gss-naming-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hartman-gss-naming-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce