Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:35:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Address Resolution for IP datagrams over MPEG-2 networks
	Author(s)	: G. Fairhurst, et al.
	Filename	: draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2004-10-21
	
This document describes the current mechanisms to bind IPv4/IPv6
     addresses and flows to MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). For MPEG-2
     systems to become true subnetworks of the general Internet,
     methods are required to signal IPv4/v6 addresses to the link 
     receivers and transmitters; this is known as Address Resolution 
     (AR), or Neighbour Discovery (ND). Although AR is often associated
     with Ethernet [RFC803], it is essential to the operation of any
     L2 network. In MPEG-2 networks, address resolution is a three level
     process: the IP address is resolved to a NPA/MAC address, then
     associated with a Packet ID (PID) and finally to a specific
     transmission multiplex. Address resolution complements the higher
     layer resource discovery tools that are used to advertise IP 
     sessions. In this document the different mechanisms used for 
     address resolution for MPEG-2 are reviewed and their compliance
     to AR requirements established.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce