Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-glenn-ippt-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:45:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Architecture for IP Packet Tracing
	Author(s)	: G. Keeni, Y. Kuwata
	Filename	: draft-glenn-ippt-arch-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-10-28
	
This document presents an architecture for use in tracing packets
   across the Internet. It envisages a two-tier model wherein
   at the top level a Packet Tracer Application (PTA) queries relevant
   Autonomous System (AS) packet tracers (ASPT) with details of the
   packet to be traced. The PTA constructs the complete path from the
   responses of the queried ASPTs. At the lower level an ASPT receives
   queries from a PTA, traces the path of a packet within the AS and
   sends back the result to the PTA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-glenn-ippt-arch-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-glenn-ippt-arch-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-glenn-ippt-arch-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce