Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vandevelde-v6ops-nap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:00:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Network Architecture Protection
	Author(s)	: G. Van de Velde, et al.
	Filename	: draft-vandevelde-v6ops-nap-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2004-10-12
	
Although there are many perceived benefits to Network Address
   Translation (NAT), the primary benefit of "amplifying" available
   address space is not needed in IPv6.  In addition to its many serious
   disadvantages there is a perception that other benefits exist, such
   as a variety of management and security reasons that could be useful
   for an Internet Protocol.  IPv6 does not support NAT by design and
   this document shows how Network Architecture Protection (NAP) using
   IPv6 can provide the benefits without the need for NAT.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vandevelde-v6ops-nap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vandevelde-v6ops-nap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vandevelde-v6ops-nap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce