Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:45:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ARP Mediation for IP Interworking of Layer 2 VPN
	Author(s)	: H. Shah, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-10-4
	
The VPWS service [L2VPN Framework] provides point-to-point 
    connections between pairs of Customer Edge (CE) devices.  It does 
    so by binding two Attachment Circuits (each connecting a CE device 
    with a Provider Edge, PE, device) to a Pseudowire (connecting the 
    two PEs).  In general, the Attachment Circuits must be of the same 
    technology (e.g., both ethernet, both ATM), and the Pseudowire must 
    carry the frames of that technology.  However, if it is known that 
    the frames' payload consists solely of IP datagrams, it is possible 
    to provide a point-to-point connection in which the Pseudowire 
                 draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation-00.txt 
  
    connects Attachment Circuits of different technologies.  This 
    requires the PEs to perform a function known as "ARP Mediation".  
    This document specifies the ARP Mediation function, and specifies 
    the encapsulation used to carry the IP datagrams on the Pseudowires 
    when ARP mediation is used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-arp-mediation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce