Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ouldbrahim-l2vpn-service-mediation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:32:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Service Mediation between Layer-2 and PWE3/L2VPN Networks
	Author(s)	: H. Ould-Brahim, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ouldbrahim-l2vpn-service-mediation-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2004-10-26
	
[SWALLOW-IW] describes an approach for interworking a native 
        ATM SPVC segment with an ATM/FR-based pseudowire. The approach 
        requires that an ATM edge device to encode the remote MPLS 
        provider edge IP address within the NSAP destination address 
        per call-basis, and covers mostly ATM and FRF.8 specifications. 
        This draft covers other scenarios where a) the native layer-2 
        edge doesnÆt have a priori knowledge of the remote PE IP 
        addresses, b) the Layer-2 Provider Edge and the layer-2 network 
        can be native Frame Relay (FR) using native layer-2 signaling 
        protocols, c) the native layer-2 network can use not only NSAP 
        addressing but as well E.164, X.121, or any preferred native 
        addressing scheme, and d) the interface between the MPLS/IP 
        network and native layer-2 network can be FRF.10/X.76 
        interface. We refer to the above problem space as "Service 
        Mediation" to indicate that the native layer-2 signaling is 
        terminated at the MPLS/IP device attached to the layer-2 
        network and the "mediated" service is an end-to-end connection 
        built from two segments: one segment is in its native layer-2 
        form which we denote as Native Wire (NW) established using 
        native layer-2 signaling protocols and the other segment is a 
        pseudowire (PW) established using PWE3/L2VPN signaling 
        protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-l2vpn-service-mediation-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ouldbrahim-l2vpn-service-mediation-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-l2vpn-service-mediation-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce