Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-mip6-ro-enhancements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:28:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Taxonomy and Analysis of Enhancements to Mobile IPv6 Route Optimization
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko, C. Vogt
	Filename	: draft-arkko-mip6-ro-enhancements-00.txt
	Pages		: 51
	Date		: 2004-10-19
	
The Mobile IPv6 mobility-management protocol enables minimum routing
   paths between a mobile node and a correspondent node, which may
   itself be mobile. This feature is called route optimization. Route
   optimization requires authorization of initially unacquainted and
   untrusted parties. A so-called return-routability procedure was
   integrated into the Mobile IPv6 in order to do this securely. The
   return-routability procedure equips the mobile node with
   cryptographic tokens that authenticate the mobile node and prove the
   mobile node's presence at a claimed new location after movement.
   Recently, a number of improvements or optional alternatives have been
   suggested to the standard procedure. The primary driver between these
   improvements is oftentimes further reduction of signaling messages
   and latency, but other improvements such as better security have also
   been suggested. This document discusses the potential goals for
   future enhancements of route optimization, the security threats that
   such enhancements must consider, and the various enhancement
   proposals and their key ideas. An evaluation of some recent proposals
   is included, as well as a discussion of how significant the Mobile
   IPv6 related optimizations are related to other ongoing optimization
   efforts. Finally, needs for future research are outlined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mip6-ro-enhancements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-mip6-ro-enhancements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mip6-ro-enhancements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce