Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nemo-requirements-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:55:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Mobility Support Goals and Requirements
	Author(s)	: T. Ernst
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nemo-requirements-03.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2004-10-26
	
Network mobility arises when a router connecting an entire network to
the Internet dynamically changes its point of attachment to the
Internet therefrom causing the reachability of the entire network to
be changed in the topology. Such kind of network is referred to as a
mobile network. Without appropriate mechanisms, sessions established
between nodes in the mobile network and the global Internet cannot be
maintained while the mobile router changes its point of attachment.
The required support mechanisms will be provided in two phases. The
first phase, referred to as NEMO Basic Support is to provide session
continuity while the necessary optimizations mechanims referred to as
NEMO Extended Support might be provided later. This document outlines
the goals expected from network mobility support and defines the
requirements that must be met by NEMO Basic Support solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nemo-requirements-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nemo-requirements-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nemo-requirements-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce