Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-narayanan-mrtp-motivation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:37:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Motivation for a Multi-Flow Real-time Transport Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Narayanan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-narayanan-mrtp-motivation-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-10-19
	
We proposed a new multi-flow real time protocol (MRTP) in our earlier 
   internet-draft [1] for carrying real-time data through multiple paths 
   between the source and the destination. There are a various 
   advantages in multipath data transport as demonstrated by [2][3] 
   [5][8]. MRTP would provide an end-to-end transport services over 
   multiple flows and paths to real time data. In this draft we discuss 
   the motivation for needing such a standardized protocol to encourage 
   further discussion on the requirement for a multi-path transport 
   protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-mrtp-motivation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-narayanan-mrtp-motivation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-mrtp-motivation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce