Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-psamp-framework-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:12:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Packet Sampling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for Packet Selection and Reporting
	Author(s)	: N. Duffield
	Filename	: draft-ietf-psamp-framework-09.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2004-10-22
	
This document specifies a framework for the PSAMP (Packet 
      Sampling) protocol. The functions of this protocol are to select 
      packets from a stream according to a set of standardized reports, 
      form a stream of reports on the selected packets, and to export 
      that stream to a collector. This framework details the components 
      of this architecture, then describes some generic requirements, 
      motivated the dual aims of ubiquitous deployment and utility of 
      the reports for applications. Detailed requirements for 
      selection, reporting and export are described, along with 
      configuration of the PSAMP functions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-framework-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-psamp-framework-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-framework-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce