Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-narayanan-dna-rrd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:39:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Recommendations to achieve efficient Router 
			  Reachability Detection in IPv6 networks
	Author(s)	: S. Narayanan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-narayanan-dna-rrd-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-10-11
	
Detecting Network Attachment (DNA) requires the rapid detection of
   link identity and validation of the current IP configuration [3].
   Even though acquiring the configuration for a new link is outside the
   scope of DNA, mechanisms that can accomplish both DNA and collect
   possible configuration information about the current link will prove
   to be very useful in rapidly changing network environments.  RFC 2461
   defines a Router Discovery (RD) procedure [1] to learn about the
   available access routers on an L3 link.  RFC 2461 [1] also defines
   Neighbor Discovery (ND) procedure to discover neighbors in the same
   link.  This draft recommends a few simple modifications to the Router
   Discovery (RD) procedure defined by RFC 2461 [1] that can lead to
   efficient Router Reachability Detection (RRD), while enabling the
   quick learning of other available routers if the current router is
   not available.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-dna-rrd-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-narayanan-dna-rrd-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-dna-rrd-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce