Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eggert-hiprg-rr-prob-desc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:35:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: HIP Resolution and Rendezvous Problem Description
	Author(s)	: L. Eggert, J. Laganier
	Filename	: draft-eggert-hiprg-rr-prob-desc-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-10-19
	
This document investigates the design space for resolution and
   rendezvous mechanisms for the Host Identity Protocol (HIP.) It
   identifies and describes specific issues that HIP resolution and
   rendezvous mechanisms should address.  These issues include
   dependencies on the DNS, lack of support for direct communication
   based on host identities, lack of a reverse lookup mechanism for host
   identities, and DNS and node rendezvous.

   This document does not propose specific resolution and rendezvous
   mechanisms.  Different alternative solutions will be described and
   discussed in companion documents.  These documents should analyze if
   and to what degree the specific proposals they present address the
   issues identified here.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eggert-hiprg-rr-prob-desc-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eggert-hiprg-rr-prob-desc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eggert-hiprg-rr-prob-desc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce