Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ooms-v6ops-bgp-tunnel-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:47:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Connecting IPv6 Islands over IPv4 MPLS using IPv6 
			  Provider Edge Routers (6PE)
	Author(s)	: J. De Clercq, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ooms-v6ops-bgp-tunnel-04.txt
	Pages		: 147
	Date		: 2004-10-28
	
This document explains how to interconnect IPv6 islands over a
   Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)-enabled IPv4 cloud. This
   approach relies on IPv6 Provider Edge routers (6PE) which are Dual
   Stack in order to connect to IPv6 islands and to the MPLS core which
   is only required to run IPv4 MPLS. The 6PE routers exchange the IPv6
   reachability information transparently over the core using the
   Multi-Protocol Border Gateway Protocol (MP-BGP) over IPv4. In doing
   so, the BGP Next Hop field is used to convey the IPv4 address of the
   6PE router so that dynamically established IPv4-signaled MPLS Label
   Switched Paths (LSPs) can be used without explicit tunnel
   configuration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ooms-v6ops-bgp-tunnel-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ooms-v6ops-bgp-tunnel-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ooms-v6ops-bgp-tunnel-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce