Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:38:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NEMO Route Optimisation Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: T. Clausen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-10-19
	
The NEMO working group has developed a protocol suite, extending the
   notion of edge-mobility on the Internet to include that of network
   mobility. This implies that a set of nodes, along with their mobile
   router, change their point of attachment and that traffic to these
   nodes is tunneled to be delivered through their new point of
   attachment. This mechanism is transparent to applications in that
   existing traffic to a node is being encapsulated and tunneled,
   regardless of where the network containing the destination node is
   attached.

   The NEMO specification is not limited to a single level of mobile
   networks, attaching to the stationary Internet. Rather, arbitrary
   levels of nested mobile networks are supported, employing for each
   level of nesting the same encapsulation and tunneling mechanisms.

   With arbitrarily deep nested mobile networks, the overhead incurred
   through tunneling and encapsulation of data traffic can, however,
   become large. As a consequence, a number of different proposals
   exist, which aim at performing "route optimization" for nested mobile
   networks.

   This document aims at describing the different scenarios in which
   route-optimization is desired, as well as the different proposed
   solutions for achieving route-optimization in nested mobile networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce