Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-carrier-rddp-rnic-interop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:38:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RNIC Interoperability
	Author(s)	: J. Carrier, J. Pinkerton
	Filename	: draft-carrier-rddp-rnic-interop-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-11-22
	
This document describes a mechanism for enabling RDMA Network 
   Interface Cards (RNICs) that implement both the IETF and RDMAC 
   versions of the DDP and RDMAP protocols to interoperate with legacy 
   RNICs that are based on the RDMAC version of the protocols.  The 
   proposed scheme uses MPA Request/Reply Frames to negotiate the 
   protocol version as well as MPA marker and MPA CRC.  A ULP or other 
   supporting entity must perform this negotiation on behalf of the 
   RDMAC RNIC because RDMAC MPA does not define an MPA connection 
   scheme using MPA Request/Reply frames. This draft also makes 
   specific recommendations for minor changes to the IETF MPA, DDP, and 
   RDMAP internet drafts to aid in interoperability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carrier-rddp-rnic-interop-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-carrier-rddp-rnic-interop-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-carrier-rddp-rnic-interop-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce