Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jaihyung-ccamp-lserequirement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:16:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirement for (G)MPLS implantation over Ethernet
	Author(s)	: J. Cho
	Filename	: draft-jaihyung-ccamp-lserequirement-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2004-11-29
	
In this draft, we propose requirement to implement MPLS technology
for Ethernet switched network. Ethernet has become major building
block in local area network and the area of deployment is quickly
expanding to core network. While there have been industry needs to
overcome weakness of Ethernet, MPLS has not been considered as key
technology to improve Ethernet. Currently MPLS [RFC3031] and GMPLS
[GARCH] architecture do not define label-switching function on
L2SC interface, i.e. over LAN media. Hence, it is necessary to
discuss lightweight implementation of MPLS for Ethernet. Since
there is disparity in requirements depending on hierarchy of Ethernet,
it is appropriate to separate discussion in Customer Premise Network
(CPN), Access Network (AN) and Core Network (CN). Some candidate 
methods to consider for label encoding for Ethernet are discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaihyung-ccamp-lserequirement-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jaihyung-ccamp-lserequirement-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jaihyung-ccamp-lserequirement-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce