Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-housley-cms-fw-wrap-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:07:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using CMS to Protect Firmware Packages
	Author(s)	: R. Housley
	Filename	: draft-housley-cms-fw-wrap-09.txt
	Pages		: 59
	Date		: 2004-11-12
	
This document describes the use of the Cryptographic Message Syntax
   (CMS) to protect firmware packages, which provide object code for one
   or more hardware module components.  CMS is specified in RFC 3852.  A
   digital signature is used to protect the firmware package from
   undetected modification and provide data origin authentication.
   Encryption is optionally used to protect the firmware package from
   disclosure, and compression is optionally used to reduce the size of
   the protected firmware package.  A firmware package loading receipt
   can optionally be generated to acknowledge the successful loading of
   a firmware package.  Similarly, a firmware package load error report
   can optionally be generated to convey the failure to load a firmware
   package.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-cms-fw-wrap-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-housley-cms-fw-wrap-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-housley-cms-fw-wrap-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce