Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mao-ipv4-path-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:07:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv4 Path Based Routing
	Author(s)	: D. Mao
	Filename	: draft-mao-ipv4-path-routing-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-11-23
	
This document describes a solution to the IPv4 address shortage 
   problem. The solution is to be implemented within the IPv4
   framework, rather than inside a "next generation" IP protocol.

   By organizing local networks as an "intranet hierarchy" attached
   to the Internet, nodes inside the hierarchy can be uniquely addressed
   with path descriptions. Two IPv4 options, Source-Side Path-info and
   Destination-Side Path-info, are added into the IPv4 protocol, so that
   up to 2 path descriptions can be carried in the IPv4 header. Further,
   a currently unused flag bit in the IPv4 header is used to extend the
   logical IPv4 header, so that options can also be carried "out-band".
   
   Core routers in the Internet will ignore the unrecognized new options
   and the extension, and thus need not be replaced or updated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mao-ipv4-path-routing-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mao-ipv4-path-routing-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mao-ipv4-path-routing-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce