Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:13:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RMD-QSP: An NSIS QoS Signaling Policy for Networks
                          Using Resource Management in Diffserv (RMD)
	Author(s)	: A. Bader, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-00.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 2004-11-16
	
This document describes an NSIS QoS Signaling Policy model for 
   networks that use the Resource Management in Diffserv (RMD) 
   concept.  RMD is a technique for adding admission control to 
   Differentiated Services (Diffserv) networks.  RMD complements 
   the Diffserv architecture by pushing complex classification, 
   conditioning and admission control functions to the edges of a 
   Diffserv domain and simplifying the operation of internal nodes. 
   It allows feedback to systems outside of the Diffserv domain on 
   the availability of resources for individual sessions within the 
   domain while having the availability to aggregate inter domain 
   (end-to-end) resource reservations at the edge of the domain to 
   reduce the burden on internal nodes. The RMD QoS Signaling Policy 
   Model (RMD-QSP) allows devices to use the NSIS QoS-NSLP protocol to 
   signal reservation requests from devices outside the Diffserv domain 
   to edge nodes in the domain, edge nodes have the availability to 
   aggregate the requests and signal the aggregated requests 
   through internal nodes along the data path to the egress edge 
   nodes, and for Egress Edge nodes to signal the original, 
   disaggregated, requests to outside devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce