Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l3vpn-security-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:07:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Security Framework for Provider Provisioned Virtual
                          Private Networks
	Author(s)	: L. Fang
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l3vpn-security-framework-03.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2004-11-23
	
This draft addresses security aspects pertaining to Provider 
Provisioned Virtual Private Networks (PPVPNs). We first describe 
the security threats that are relevant in the context of PPVPNs, 
and the defensive techniques that can be used to combat those 
threats. We consider security issues deriving both from malicious 
behavior of anyone and from negligent or incorrect behavior of the 
providers. We also describe how these security attacks should be 
detected and reported. We then discuss the possible user 
requirements in terms of security in a PPVPN service. These user 
requirements translate into corresponding requirements for the 
providers. In addition, the provider may have additional 
requirements to make its network infrastructure secure to a level 
that can meet the PPVPN customer's expectations. Finally, we define 
a template that may be used to analyze the security characteristics 
of a specific PPVPN technology and describe them in a manner 
consistent with this framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-security-framework-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l3vpn-security-framework-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-security-framework-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce