Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-liumin-multi6-loadsharing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:54:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Load Sharing in Multihomed Host
	Author(s)	: M. Liu
	Filename	: draft-liumin-multi6-loadsharing-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-12-16
	
In order to reach the goal of load sharing and traffic engineering in
   multihoming, there must be some mechanism for the local host to
   make a selection of the "best" source locator to used. Obviously the
   selection includes the objective to select a currently viable path.
   What's more, it also includes the objective to select a path with
   larger bandwidth, which is more difficult to judge than reachability.
   In this memo, we propose a simple mechanism to determine the
   availability and bandwidth condition between a multihomed host and
   its ISP. It will help to share the load among multiple paths and
   provide better performance for the host's traffic. This mechanism
   could be part of traffic engineering functions, which could be used
   as the basis of locator selection before initial session
   establishment and aslo could be used to trigger locator swithes to
   avoid loss of connectivity, long delay or large loss rate.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liumin-multi6-loadsharing-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-liumin-multi6-loadsharing-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-liumin-multi6-loadsharing-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce