Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-montpetit-ipdvb-config-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 07:35:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Protocols for MPEG-2 network configuration
	Author(s)	: M. Montpetit
	Filename	: draft-montpetit-ipdvb-config-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2004-12-1
	
This document describes novel protocols to bind IPv4/IPv6
     addresses and flows to MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). For MPEG-2
     systems to become true subnetworks of the general Internet,
     methods are required to signal IPv4/v6 addresses to the link 
     receivers and transmitters; this is known as Address Resolution 
     (AR), or Neighbour Discovery (ND). In MPEG-2 networks, an IP
     address must be associated with a Packet ID (PID) and specific
     transmission multiplex. In this documents 2 mechanisms based on 
     standard XML semantics and multimedia signalling are introduced
     to comply to established IP over DVB AR established. These 
     protocols are seen to complement the current approaches based on
     SI table with a more IP centric approach.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-montpetit-ipdvb-config-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-montpetit-ipdvb-config-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-montpetit-ipdvb-config-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce