Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-msec-tesla-intro-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:19:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: TESLA: Multicast Source Authentication Transform Introduction
	Author(s)	: A. Perrig, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-msec-tesla-intro-04.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2004-12-8
	
This document introduces TESLA, short for Timed Efficient Stream
   Loss-tolerant Authentication. TESLA allows all receivers to check the
   integrity and authenticate the source of each packet in multicast or
   broadcast data streams. TESLA requires no trust between receivers;
   uses low cost operations per packet at both sender and receiver; can
   tolerate any level of loss without retransmissions; and requires no
   per-receiver state at the sender. TESLA can protect receivers against
   denial of service attacks in certain circumstances. Each receiver
   must be loosely time synchronized with the source in order to verify
   messages, but otherwise receivers need send no messages. TESLA alone
   cannot support non-repudiation of the data source to third parties.

   This informational document is intended to assist in writing
   standardizable and secure specifications for protocols based on TESLA
   in different contexts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-tesla-intro-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-msec-tesla-intro-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-tesla-intro-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce