Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-barnes-sipping-sec-inserted-info-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:56:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Mechanism to Secure SIP Identity headers inserted by Intermediaries
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes
	Filename	: draft-barnes-sipping-sec-inserted-info-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2004-12-7
	
This draft discusses a standard mechanism for securing information in 
   SIP requests and responses, inserted by intermediaries, which may be 
   used by other intermediaries or the endpoints as the basis for 
   services. The requirements are based on the need for a general 
   middle-to-middle and middle-to-end security mechanism applicable to 
   both headers and message bodies.  This mechanism is optional, 
   however, the use of it enhances the overall security of SIP by 
   ensuring the integrity of the information inserted by an 
   intermediary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-sipping-sec-inserted-info-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-barnes-sipping-sec-inserted-info-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-barnes-sipping-sec-inserted-info-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce