Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:37:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over DVB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for transmission of IP datagrams over MPEG-2 Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Montpetit, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-03.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2005-1-18
	
This document describes an architecture for the transport of IP
    Datagrams over ISO MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). The MPEG-2 TS has
    been widely accepted not only for providing digital TV services, 
    but also as a subnetwork technology for building IP networks. 
    Examples of systems using MPEG-2 include the Digital Video 
    Broadcast (DVB) and Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC)
    Standards for Digital Television. 

    The document identifies the need for a set of Internet standards
    defining the interface between the MPEG-2 Transport Stream and an 
    IP subnetwork. It suggests a new encapsulation method for IP
    datagrams and proposes protocols to perform IPv6/IPv4 address
    resolution, to associate IP packets with the properties of the
    Logical Channels provided by an MPEG-2 TS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce