Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sparks-sip-nit-actions-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:31:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Actions addressing identified issues with the Session
			  Initiation Protocol's non-INVITE Transaction
	Author(s)	: R. Sparks
	Filename	: draft-sparks-sip-nit-actions-03.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-1-4
	
This draft describes modifications to the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP) to address problems that have been identified with the SIP
   non-INVITE transaction.  These modifications reduce the probability
   of messages losing the race condition inherent in the non-INVITE
   transaction and reduce useless network traffic.  They also improve
   the robustness of SIP networks when elements stop responding.  These
   changes update behavior defined in RFCs 3261.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sparks-sip-nit-actions-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sparks-sip-nit-actions-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sparks-sip-nit-actions-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce