Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:06:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LSP Preemption Policies for MPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: J. de Oliveira, et al.
	Filename	: draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-04.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-1-17
	
When the establishment of a higher priority LSP requires the 
   preemption of a set of lower priority LSPs, a node has to make a 
   local decision on the set of preemptable LSPs and select which LSPs 
   will be preempted, based on a certain objective, in order to 
   accommodate the newly signaled higher priority LSP. The preempted 
   LSPs are then rerouted by their respective Head-end LSR. A preempted 
   TE LSP can either be hard preempted (default mode as defined in 
   RFC3209) or soft preempted ([SOFT-PREPT]). In the former case, the 
   preemption results in clearing the corresponding state that provokes 
   a traffic disruption. In the later case (soft preemption), the Head-
   end LSR of a soft preempted TE LSP is notified such that it can 
   perform a non-disruptive reroute, using the so-called ôMake before 
   breakö mechanism. This draft documents a preemption policy that can 
   be modified in order to stress different objectives: preempt the 
   lowest priority LSPs, preempt the minimum number of LSPs, preempt the 
   exact required bandwidth in order to fit the new LSP (or the set of 
   TE LSPs that provide the closest amount of bandwidth to the required 
   bandwidth for the preempting TE LSPs in order to minimize the 
   bandwidth wastage), preempt the LSPs that will have the maximum 
   chance to be reroutable. Simulation results are given and a 
   comparison among several different policies, with respect to 
   preemption cascading, number of preempted LSPs, priority, wasted 
   bandwidth and blocking probability is also included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce