Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:53:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Taxonomy and Analysis of Enhancements to Mobile IPv6 Route Optimization
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko, C. Vogt
	Filename	: draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-00.txt
	Pages		: 51
	Date		: 2005-1-27
	
The Mobile IPv6 protocol favors sending packets via the minimum
   routing path between a mobile node and its correspondent node over
   sending them through a home agent.  This feature is called route
   optimization.  Route optimization requires authentication and
   authorization of initially unacquainted and untrusted parties--a
   requirement that was rather new to the Internet community at the time
   Mobile IPv6 was designed.  To solve the problem, the so-called
   return-routability procedure was built into Mobile IPv6.  It lets the
   mobile node retrieve from the correspondent node two cryptographic
   tokens, which the mobile node can use to authenticate itself and
   prove its presence at a claimed new location after movement.
   Recently, a number of improvements or optional alternatives have been
   suggested to the standard procedure.  Many of these improvements
   attempt further reduction of signaling messages and latency, but
   other improvements such as better security have also been suggested.
   This paper summarizes the goals for enhancements to
   route-optimization, discusses the security threats that such
   enhancements must consider, and categorizes the techniques that one
   can use for optimization.  The paper highlights the key ideas of
   various recent proposals, and it evaluates the performance gain that
   such proposals can yield.  It also discusses how significant
   enhancements to Mobile IPv6 are compared to ongoing optimization work
   in other parts of the network stack.  Finally, the paper identifies
   needs for additional research.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce