Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ediint-as2-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:31:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Electronic Data Interchange-Internet Integration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MIME-based Secure Peer-to-Peer Business Data 
			  Interchange Using HTTP, Applicability Statement 2 (AS2)
	Author(s)	: D. Moberg, R. Drummond
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ediint-as2-20.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2005-1-19
	
This document provides a applicability statement (RFC 2026, 3.2)
   that describes how to exchange structured business data securely
   using the HTTP transfer protocol, instead of SMTP; the
   applicability statement for SMTP is found in RFC 3335. Structured
   business data may be XML, Electronic Data Interchange
   (EDI) in either the American National Standards Committee (ANSI)
   X12 format, or in the UN Electronic Data Interchange for
   Administration, Commerce and Transport (UN/EDIFACT) format,
   or in other structured data formats. The data is packaged using
   standard MIME structures. Authentication and data confidentiality
   are obtained by using Cryptographic Message Syntax with S/MIME
   security body parts. Authenticated acknowledgements make use of
   multipart/signed Message Disposition Notification (MDN)
   responses to the original HTTP message. This applicability
   statement is informally referred to as "AS2" because it is the
   second applicability statement, produced after "AS1," RFC 3335.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ediint-as2-20.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ediint-as2-20.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ediint-as2-20.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce