Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-johnston-sipping-p2p-ipcom-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:45:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP, P2P, and Internet Communications
	Author(s)	: A. Johnston
	Filename	: draft-johnston-sipping-p2p-ipcom-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-1-31
	
This somewhat terse draft discusses issues related to the application
   of peer to peer (P2P) technologies to SIP in particular, and Internet
   communications in general.  While early work involving P2P and SIP
   proposes running P2P protocols over SIP messaging, this draft
   proposes the opposite layering - replacing SIP discovery and
   rendezvous functionality with a general P2P protocol.  This layering
   of SIP on top of P2P has many advantages.  A number of DHT
   (Distributed Hash Table) P2P protocols that solve some similar
   functions are given as examples.  Finally, an approach to the
   discovery of NAT traversal relays using a logically separate P2P
   network is proposed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sipping-p2p-ipcom-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-johnston-sipping-p2p-ipcom-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sipping-p2p-ipcom-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce