Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arifumi-ipv6-sas-policy-dist-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:45:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Source Address Selection Policy Distribution for Multihoming
	Author(s)	: A. Matsumoto, et al.
	Filename	: draft-arifumi-ipv6-sas-policy-dist-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2005-1-31
	
This document describes a method for the distribution of source
   address selection policy from ISPs to gateway routers for consumers
   and from the gateways to end nodes.  This method is particularly
   effective when a consumer site has multiple address blocks.  Every
   end node is guided by the policy in selecting an appropriate source
   address for each destination address and every gateway is guided by
   the policy in forwarding packets to appropriate next-hop ISPs.  This
   makes it possible for an end node to set a connection up without
   being concerned about failures of transfer due to ingress filtering
   by the ISPs, for ISP operators to manage consumers' behavior and
   networking policy, and for consumers to be provided with networks
   that are almost automatically robust and reliable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arifumi-ipv6-sas-policy-dist-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arifumi-ipv6-sas-policy-dist-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arifumi-ipv6-sas-policy-dist-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce