Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:25:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Telephony Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: New Parameters for the 'tel' URI to Support Number Portability
	Author(s)	: J. Yu
	Filename	: draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np-04.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2005-2-18
	
Number Portability (NP) for the geographical telephone numbers and 
   freephone numbers impacts signaling and routing in the Global 
   Switched Telephone Network (GSTN) and Internet Protocol (IP) domain.  
   At present, there is no mechanism for a network node in the IP 
   domain to pass the NP-related information to the next-hop network 
   node after it has performed an NP database dip.  This document 
   defines several new parameters in the "tel" Uniform Resource 
   Identifier (URI) to carry the NP-related information that can be 
   used by the network nodes in the IP domain to correctly set up the 
   calls or sessions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce