Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-marid-csv-intro-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:20:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication, Authorization and Accounting Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Client SMTP Validation (CSV)
	Author(s)	: D. Crocker, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-marid-csv-intro-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-2-18
	
Internet mail relies on exchanges between systems that have made no
   prior arrangement with each other. Widespread abuse of the email
   system has led operators to demand accountability for the email their
   receiving SMTP servers are being asked to process. Client SMTP
   Validation (CSV) provides an economical service that permits a
   receiving SMTP server to decide whether a sending SMTP client is
   likely to produce well-behaved traffic, or at least to decide whether
   the client is sufficiently accountable for its actions. CSV provides
   a small, simple and useful improvement to Internet mail service
   accountability. It builds upon the existing practice of service
   providers that accredit the networks from which sending systems are
   connecting.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-csv-intro-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-marid-csv-intro-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-csv-intro-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce