Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kempf-mip6-ha-alert-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:27:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extension to RFC 3775 for Alerting the Mobile Node 
			  to Home Agent Unavailability
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf
	Filename	: draft-kempf-mip6-ha-alert-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-2-9
	
RFC 3775 contains no way for a home agent to notify a mobile node 
that the home agent will shortly become unavailable, and suggest 
possible substitutes. A mobile node can suddenly find itself without 
mobility service. This document describes a simple protocol to inform 
the mobile node when its home agent is about to become unavailable 
and whether the mobile node should re-run bootstrapping to find a new 
home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mip6-ha-alert-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kempf-mip6-ha-alert-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mip6-ha-alert-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce