Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chakravorty-6lsa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:46:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Label Switching Architecture (6LSA)
	Author(s)	: S. Chakravorty
	Filename	: draft-chakravorty-6lsa-01.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2005-2-22
	
This specification provides an architectural framework, called IPv6
   Label Switching Architecture or 6LSA, for an end-to-end, IP-centric
   packet transmission technique that uses the IPv6 packet header Flow
   Label to establish IPv6-based label switched paths.  The label
   switched paths, called 6LSPs, provide application and user specified
   routes for speedier transport of packets and as means for quality of
   service (QoS) or other service delivery.  Through fast swapping of
   20-bit labels instead of 128-bit IPv6 address look-ups, the
   architecture also provides memory and processing savings, the latter
   through significantly reduced address fetches for the low-powered,
   handheld devices.  Although the label from the source is delivered to
   the destination unmodified, conforming to the basic tenet of the
   existing defintion of the 3-tuple flow, the intermediate network
   nodes in 6LSA are allowed to temporarily replace the original label
   with a label of local significance.  This enables 6LSA flows to be
   hop-specific although session-based and as such a unique QoS delivery
   technique for bandwidth constrained media.  6LSA also enhances
   security since disruption by man-in-the-middle attacks through label
   changes may not affect flows end-to-end but only over a single hop.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakravorty-6lsa-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chakravorty-6lsa-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chakravorty-6lsa-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce