Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-reqs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:46:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for GMPLS-based multi-region networks (MRN)
	Author(s)	: K. Shiomoto, et al.
	Filename	: draft-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-reqs-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-2-23
	
Most of the initial efforts on Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) have been 
   related to environments hosting devices with a single switching 
   capability, that is, one data plane switching layer. The complexity 
   raised by the control of such data planes is similar to that seen in 
   classical IP/MPLS networks. 
  
   GMPLS can provide a comprehensive framework for the control of a 
   network consisting of network elements based on different switching 
   technologies, which we call a 'multi-region' network (MRN). GMPLS can 
   also facilitate the control of layered networks where connections in 
   a higher layer network are facilitated by a lower layer network. This 
   draft defines a framework for GMPLS-based multi-region and multi-
   layer networks, and lists a set of functional requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-reqs-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-reqs-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-reqs-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce