Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:36:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Guideline of optional services for Internet FAX Gateway
	Author(s)	: K. Mimura, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-08.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-2-2
	
To allow connectivity between the general switched telephone network
   facsimile service (GSTN fax) and the e-mail based Internet Fax 
   service (i-fax) an "Internet FAX Gateway" is required. This document
   provides  guidelines for the optional functionality of Internet FAX 
   Gateways. In this context, an "offramp gateway" provides facsimile
   data transmission from  i-fax to GSTN fax; viceversa an "onramp
   gateway" provides data transmission form GSTN fax to i-fax. The 
   recommendations in this document apply to the integrated service 
   including Internet Fax terminals, computers with i-fax software on
   the Internet, and GSTN Fax terminals on the GSTN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce