Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sanda-nsis-path-type-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:34:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Path type support for NSIS signaling
	Author(s)	: T. Sanda, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sanda-nsis-path-type-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2005-2-8
	
NSIS state management needs to track data path changes and update the 
   states along the affected data paths. However, in certain scenarios, 
   it also needs to be aware of the path type to achieve appropriate 
   operations. For example, a triangular path and a route-optimized path 
   for a MN at the same location may involve in a communication session 
   when Mobile IP is employed. Therefore, certain functionality for data 
   path distinction is necessary in the NSIS signaling. This draft 
   discusses the problems and issues involved in the NSIS state 
   management relevant to the data path differentiation. Specific 
   scenarios for Mobile IP route optimization procedure are used for 
   illustration of the problems. Potential solution and its impacts on 
   current NSIS protocol design are discussed as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sanda-nsis-path-type-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sanda-nsis-path-type-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sanda-nsis-path-type-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce