Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gurbani-sipping-connection-guidelines-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:12:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Guidelines for implementors using connection-oriented 
			  transports in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: V. Gurbani, et al.
	Filename	: draft-gurbani-sipping-connection-guidelines-01.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2005-2-15
	
The growing SIP message size and the ensuing IP fragmentation,
   scalability and performance efficiencies gained by multiplexing SIP
   sessions over fewer reliable transport connections, efficient use of
   security certificates etc.  are engendering widespread use of
   connection-oriented protocols for SIP transport.  A variety of SIP
   transport related issues are currently being discussed in the IETF
   including connection reuse, persistent connections, outbound
   connection flows, SIP over SCTP, NAT traversal, and SIP/TCP race
   conditions.  This document attempts to unify these techniques by
   describing practical guidelines for implementers and takes a broad
   stroke at defining SIP Connection Management.  We hope to abstract
   the diverse connection techniques into a few generic connection
   characteristics, which then help define a few common connection
   models and use cases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-sipping-connection-guidelines-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gurbani-sipping-connection-guidelines-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-sipping-connection-guidelines-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce