Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-newton-shafranovich-distributed-blacklists-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:14:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Distributed Black/White Lists
	Author(s)	: A. Newton, Y. Shafranovich
	Filename	: draft-newton-shafranovich-distributed-blacklists-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-2-14
	
Many traditional, centrally-managed blacklists and whitelists
   describe Internet end-points by characteristics such as connectivity
   type or network function, and these characteristics are often used to
   infer behavior from which authorization is derived.  However, it is
   often the case that connectivity type or network function are not
   related to good or bad behavior.  This document describes a means of
   creating blacklists and whitelists representative of Internet
   end-points based on observed behavior by many participants in a
   distributed monitoring network.  The authors hope that distributed
   lists will mitigate some of the problems associated with existing
   centrally managed lists.  While the concept, architecture, and data
   model are general enough to be applied to any type of network
   service, the authors of this document are specifically addressing the
   problem of spam in blogs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-newton-shafranovich-distributed-blacklists-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-newton-shafranovich-distributed-blacklists-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-newton-shafranovich-distributed-blacklists-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce