Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:26:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Address Resolution for IP datagrams over MPEG-2 networks
	Author(s)	: G. Fairhurst, et al.
	Filename	: draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-03.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-2-9
	
This document describes the current mechanisms to bind IPv4/IPv6
     addresses and flows to MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS)and how these
     methods interact with well known protocols for address management
     like DHCP, ARP, NAT and DNS. For MPEG-2 subnetworks like any
     other IP networks methods are required to signal IPv4/v6 
     addresses to the link receivers and transmitters; this is known
     as Address Resolution (AR), or Neighbour Discovery (ND). Although
     AR is often associated with Ethernet [RFC803], it is essential
     to the operation of any L2 network. In MPEG-2 networks, an IP
     address must be associated with a Packet ID (PID) and specific
     transmission multiplex either statically or via the use of some
     specific tables. Address resolution complements the higher
     layer resource discovery tools that are used to advertise
     IP sessions. In this document the different mechanisms for
     address resolution for MPEG-2 networking as well as their usage
     are reviewed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-ar-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce