Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv4-timers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:26:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Timer Enhancements to Reduce Failover Times for the 
			  Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol for IPv4
	Author(s)	: R. Hott
	Filename	: draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv4-timers-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-2-15
	
This memo identifies a new requirement for the Virtual Router
   Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) for IPv4 and proposes candidate
   implementation approaches to address this requirement. VRRP
   specifies an election protocol that dynamically assigns
   responsibility for a virtual router to one of the VRRP routers
   on a LAN.  The VRRP router controlling the IP address(es)
   associated with a virtual router is called the Master, and
   forwards packets sent to these IP addresses.  The election process
   provides dynamic fail over in the forwarding responsibility should
   the Master become unavailable. The new requirement is for VRRP
   for IPv4 to support sub-second fail over from the Master.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv4-timers-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv4-timers-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv4-timers-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce