Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iponair-dna-polimand-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:51:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Policy Based Mobile IP Handoff Decision (POLIMAND)
	Author(s)	: S. Aust, et al.
	Filename	: draft-iponair-dna-polimand-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-2-22
	
A handover is the process during which a mobile node is handed over 
  between access networks. Especially for vertical handovers in overlay 
  networks the mobile node changes the access network using multiple 
  interfaces including different link layers, e.g., WLAN, GPRS, and 
  UMTS. Handovers occur as a consequence of lower layer (i.e., link-
  layer) handovers that signify a switch of the physical connection to 
  a new location. For the duration of a handover, a mobile node is 
  unable to send or receive traffic. The length of this disruption is 
  considered critical because it affects the performance of the 
  communication. An additional factor is the link layer selection. It 
  implies the selection of the most suitable link layer from which a 
  mobile node should receive services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iponair-dna-polimand-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iponair-dna-polimand-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iponair-dna-polimand-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce