Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-partial-publish-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:13:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Partial Publication of Presence Information
	Author(s)	: M. Lonnfors, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-partial-publish-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-2-22
	
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Extension for Event State
   Publication describes a mechanism with which a presence user agent is
   able to publish presence information to a presence agent.  Using the
   Presence Information Data Format (PIDF), each presence publication
   contains full state, regardless of how much of that information has
   actually changed since the previous update.  As a consequence,
   updating a sizeable presence document with small changes bear a
   considerable overhead and is therefore inefficient.  Especially with
   low bandwidth and high latency links, this can constitue a
   considerable burden to the system.  This memo defines a solution that
   aids in reducing the impact of those constraints and increases
   transport efficiency by introducing a mechanism that allows for
   publication of partial presence information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-partial-publish-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-simple-partial-publish-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-partial-publish-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce