Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:27:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RMD-QOSM - The Resource Management in Diffserv QoS model
	Author(s)	: A. Bader, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-01.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 2005-2-18
	
This document describes an NSIS QoS Model for 
   networks that use the Resource Management in Diffserv (RMD) 
   concept.  RMD is a technique for adding admission control to 
   Differentiated Services (Diffserv) networks.  RMD complements 
   the Diffserv architecture by pushing complex classification, 
   conditioning and admission control functions to the edges of a 
   Diffserv domain and simplifying the operation of internal nodes.  
   The RMD QoS Model allows devices external to the RMD network to 
   signal reservation requests to edge nodes in the RMD network. RMD 
   ingress edge nodes aggregate the requests and signal the aggregated 
   requests through internal nodes along the data path to the egress 
   edge nodes.  Egress nodes reconstitute the original, disaggregated, 
   requests and continue forwarding them along the data path towards 
   the final destination.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-rmd-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce