Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mahy-sipping-16-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:48:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Marketing Buzzword "SIPPING 16" Considered Harmful
	Author(s)	: R. Mahy
	Filename	: draft-mahy-sipping-16-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2005-2-22
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) has become very popular, and
   with this popularity, the harmful misconceptions that there is a
   specific limit to the number of features that can be implemented
   using SIP primitives, and that informational documents produced by
   the SIPPING Working Group that show example call flows place
   restrictions on what can be implemented.  One especially catchy
   buzzword--The "SIPPING 16"--supposedly refers to the sixteen basic
   features of SIP.  This document describes why the mythical SIPPING 16
   does not exist,  and where to find out more information about SIP
   features.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-sipping-16-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mahy-sipping-16-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mahy-sipping-16-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce