Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:49:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Securing FTP with TLS
	Author(s)	: P. Ford-Hutchinson
	Filename	: draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl-16.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2005-2-10
	
This document describes a mechanism that can be used by FTP clients
   and servers to implement security and authentication using the TLS
   protocol defined by [RFC-2246] and the extensions to the FTP protocol
   defined by [RFC-2228].  It describes the subset of the extensions
   which are required and the parameters to be used; discusses some of
   the policy issues that clients and servers will need to take;
   considers some of the implications of those policies and discusses
   some expected behaviours of implementations to allow interoperation.
   This document is intended to provide TLS support for FTP in a similar
   way to that provided for SMTP in [RFC-2487] and HTTP in [RFC-2817].

   That this specification is in accordance with the FTP RFC [RFC-959]
   and relies on the TLS protocol [RFC-2246] and the FTP security
   extensions [RFC-2228].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl-16.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl-16.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl-16.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce