Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guenkova-mmusic-mpeg21-sdpng-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:26:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Harmonization of Session and Capability Descriptions 
			  between SDPng and MPEG-21 Digital Item Adaptation
	Author(s)	: T. Guenkova-Luy, et al.
	Filename	: draft-guenkova-mmusic-mpeg21-sdpng-00.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 2005-2-11
	
The delivery and the adaptation of multimedia content in distributed, 
heterogeneous environments, involving device and/or application 
mobility, require flexible control and management mechanisms in the 
terminals and/or in media gateways. MPEG-21 Digital Item Adaptation 
(DIA) provides normative description formats supporting the 
adaptation of so-called Digital Items, but it does not define 
interactions with existing transport and control technologies, in 
order to remain independent. This draft presents a practical approach 
for harmonizing MPEG-21 DIA application with Session Description 
Protocol next generation (SDPng). The proposed mechanism allows the 
definition of system configurations, performance constraints and 
adaptation information within the scope of SDPng using the format of 
MPEG-21 DIA. Furthermore, the converged format enables the 
integration of session management and negotiation protocols (e.g. 
Session Initiation Protocol - SIP) that use such enhanced SDPng 
descriptions within an MPEG-21 conformant environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guenkova-mmusic-mpeg21-sdpng-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guenkova-mmusic-mpeg21-sdpng-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guenkova-mmusic-mpeg21-sdpng-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce