Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hayashi-rac-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:19:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Issues Related to Receiver Access Control in the Current 
			  Multicast Protocols
	Author(s)	: T. Hayashi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-hayashi-rac-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2005-2-14
	
This I-D lists and describes issues related to receiver access 
   control in current multicasting protocols which are especially 
   important to commercial, large-scale multicasting.  A few common 
   business models for content and network provision are presented to 
   provide background and explain the motivation of this work.  Four 
   existing possible multicasting architectures (with or without some 
   form of access or content control) are presented. Then each 
   architecture is analyzed with respect to how it can or cannot 
   satisfactorily address each issue.  This I-D concludes that for many 
   of these issues the possible architectures based on present standards 
   as they now exist require non-standardized solutions to meet common 
   use requirements. This I-D recommends for requirements to be defined 
   that would set the groundwork for creating standardized ways to 
   overcome these limitations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-rac-issues-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hayashi-rac-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-rac-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce