Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ogawa-fhopt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:06:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DHCPv6 Options for Fast Handovers
	Author(s)	: T. Ogawa, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ogawa-fhopt-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-2-15
	
When a standard Mobile IP node (MN) changes its wireless network 
   attachment point (performs a handover), it gets new IP layer 
   configuration information (a new network prefix and address of a new 
   default gateway) from a new access router and tries to know whether 
   it has moved to other subnet. If it has, it changes its IP layer  
   configuration. During such a handover process,it cannot send and  
   receive IP packets from its corresponding node(CN), so a service 
   disruption is caused. In this document, we introduce new DHCP 
   options. With them, DHCP servers can send new information before a  
   handover to be used after the handover, and MNscan reduce handover   
   process time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ogawa-fhopt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ogawa-fhopt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ogawa-fhopt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce