Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-huston-hd-metric-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:12:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Considerations on the IPv6 Host density Metric
	Author(s)	: G. Huston
	Filename	: draft-huston-hd-metric-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2005-2-14
	
This memo provides an analysis of the Host Density metric as
   currently used to guide registry allocations of IPv6 unicast address
   blocks.  This document contrasts the address efficiency as currently
   adopted in the allocation of IPv4 network addresses and that used by
   the IPv6 protocol.  It is noted that for large allocations there are
   very significant variations in the target efficiency metric between
   the two approaches.  The memo notes that the IPv6 address assignment
   efficiency metric would benefit from a detailed technical review,
   particularly relating to large scale deployments of public
   infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huston-hd-metric-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-huston-hd-metric-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-huston-hd-metric-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce