Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yoneya-idn-app-guideline-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:40:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IDN aware application implementation guideline
	Author(s)	: Y. Yoneya
	Filename	: draft-yoneya-idn-app-guideline-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2005-2-23
	
Since IDN Standards [RFC3490-3492] were published, some of gTLDs and
  ccTLDs began IDN registration and resolution service.  Furthermore,
  many major Web browsers became IDN aware.  IDNs seem to be popularized
  soon.

  Meanwhile, IDN introduces huge number of characters which can
  represent domain name, so it increases human misreading of domain name
  with similar looking characters.  This issue was discussed deeply
  during IDN standardization and service development, and as a result,
  JET Guideline [RFC3743] and ICANN IDN Guideline [ICANN-IDN] was
  published.  Even if TLD registries comply such guidelines, bad-faith
  guys may use IDNs to deceive human eyes with similar looking
  characters.

  To protect users from such deceiver, implementation guideline for how
  to handle IDNs at the User Interface level is important.  This
  document is intended to be such guideline for application
  implementers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yoneya-idn-app-guideline-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yoneya-idn-app-guideline-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yoneya-idn-app-guideline-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce