Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-howard-rfc2307bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:35:17 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Approach for Using LDAP as a Network Information Service
	Author(s)	: L. Howard, M. Ansari
	Filename	: draft-howard-rfc2307bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2005-2-23
	
This document describes a mechanism for mapping entities related to
TCP/IP and the UNIX system into X.500 [X500] entries so that they
may be resolved with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
[RFC2251]. A set of attribute types and object classes are pro-
posed, along with specific guidelines for interpreting them.
The intention is to assist the deployment of LDAP as an organiza-
tional nameservice. No proposed solutions are intended as standards
for the Internet.  Rather, it is hoped that a general consensus
will emerge as to the appropriate solution to such problems, lead-
ing eventually to the adoption of standards. The proposed mechanism
has already been implemented with some success.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-howard-rfc2307bis-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-howard-rfc2307bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-howard-rfc2307bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce