Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jeong-manet-addr-autoconf-reqts-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:40:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Ad Hoc IP Address Autoconfiguration
	Author(s)	: J. Jeong
	Filename	: draft-jeong-manet-addr-autoconf-reqts-04.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-2-21
	
Ad hoc network has no built-in infra-structure for communication 
   among mobile nodes and operates in a stand-alone fashion, or may be 
   connected to the public Internet.  The nodes in ad hoc network need  
   to have the capability to maintain or share all the resources of the
   network in a distributed fashion.  One of the most important 
   resources is the set of IP addresses configured with an addressing 
   scheme.  When a new node joins an ad hoc network, it has to be 
   assigned a unique IP address or autoconfigure its own IP address as 
   part of its initialization.  Since ad hoc network's topology may 
   change unpredictably, it is important to provide a resilient method 
   for providing mobile nodes with such an IP address autoconfiguration
   in distributive environments.  This document specifies the 
   requirements for IP address autoconfiguration in ad hoc networks 
   which have dynamic network topology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-manet-addr-autoconf-reqts-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jeong-manet-addr-autoconf-reqts-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jeong-manet-addr-autoconf-reqts-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce