Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ford-behave-gen-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:13:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Design Principles and General Behavioral Requirements 
		  	  for Network Address Translators (BEH-GEN)
	Author(s)	: B. Ford, P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ford-behave-gen-00.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2005-2-14
	
This document discusses design principles and behavioral properties
   required to make Network Address Translators (NAT) more predictable
   and compatible with diverse application protocols.  First, this
   document presents a concrete architectural model for NAT devices and
   defines important terms used in conjunction with NAT design.  This
   architectural model sets the stage for a set of concrete
   recommendations for NAT implementors and vendors, as being
   contemplated by the BEHAVE working group.  The recommendations made
   by this document are independent of transport protocol; a set of
   companion documents provide behavioral recommendations specific to
   particular transport protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ford-behave-gen-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ford-behave-gen-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ford-behave-gen-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce