Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moskowitz-radius-sec-roadmap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:00:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RADIUS Security Roadmap
	Author(s)	: R. Moskowitz
	Filename	: draft-moskowitz-radius-sec-roadmap-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2005-2-16
	
RADIUS has become the defacto protocol between network edge devices
   (e,g, dial NAS or Wireless AP) and a backend Authentication Server.
   In this environment the backend Server is often called a (RADIUS
   Server).  RADIUS is gaining very broad penetration, even into homes,
   because of its use with wireless authentication.  Because of the
   amount of deployed infrastructure already in place, we believe that
   RADIUS will not be supplanted by another authentication service in
   the foreseeable future.  Because the widespread deployment in
   wireless has different infrastructure requirements than what is
   required for dialup, RADIUS requirements, especially trust between
   Edge devices and RADIUS Servers needs to be addressed.  This document
   sets the requirements for RADIUS security and then sets forth
   technologies that will satisfy those requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-sec-roadmap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-moskowitz-radius-sec-roadmap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-sec-roadmap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce