Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-mobopts-handover-key-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 15:37:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Bootstrapping a Symmetric IPv6 Handover Key from SEND
	Author(s)	: R. Koodli, et al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-mobopts-handover-key-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-2-4
	
Multiple IPv6 handover optimization protocols (for example, Fast Mobile 
IPv6 and Context Transfer Protocol) require an Access Router to verify 
that signaling received to perform an IP handover operation originated 
from a Mobile Node having authorization to claim a particular address 
on the Access Router's wireless subnet. In this document, a method for 
securing such signaling is defined. The method utilizes a secret key 
sent from the Access Router to the Mobile Node prior to handover, 
encrypted with an RSA public key that the Mobile Node used to generate 
its Cryptographically Generated Address. The ability of the Mobile Node 
to decrypt the secret key verifies its possession of the private key 
corresponding to the public key used to generate the address. This 
allows the Mobile Node to use the secret key to sign and authorize 
signaling causing changes affecting traffic to and from that address. 
The use of symmetric cryptography avoids the time consuming public key 
operation associated with using the RSA key directly during 
performance-sensitive IP subnet handover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-handover-key-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-mobopts-handover-key-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-handover-key-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce