Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ford-behave-top-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:22:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Topology complications from Network Address Translator deployments
	Author(s)	: B. Ford, P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ford-behave-top-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-2-15
	
This document identifies and provides recommendations for dealing
   with issues that have arisen recently from the ubiquitous deployment
   of network address translators (NAT), and the unconventional network
   topologies that are often constructed with them. First, the
   simplicity of administering networks through the combination of NAT
   and DHCP is increasingly leading to the deployment of multi-level
   hierarchies of inter-connected private networks involving 
   overlapping private IP address spaces. The creation of these
   multi-level hierarchies is often unintentional, since each level of
   NAT is typically deployed by a separate administrative entity such
   as an ISP, a corporation, or a home user. Second, the popularity of
   corporate virtual private networks (VPN) in conjunction with NAT
   leads to problems in which the private IP address space of the
   network through which a remote client is attached may
   unintentionally conflict with the private IP address space of the
   corporate network into which the remote client is tunneled. This
   document specifies best current practice recommendations for
   addressing the issues identified.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ford-behave-top-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ford-behave-top-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ford-behave-top-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce