Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-niccolini-ippm-storetraceroutes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:16:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: How to store traceroute measurements and related metrics
	Author(s)	: S. Niccolini, S. Tartarelli
	Filename	: draft-niccolini-ippm-storetraceroutes-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2005-2-14
	
This memo describes a standard way to store traceroute measurements
   and possibly their related metrics.  To better address the traceroute
   measurements storing issue, the authors first of all give a
   definition of the traceroute tool, describe the tool itself as well
   as its parameters and the default values on the most common operating
   systems and the output results that can be stored.  Afterwards, the
   common information model with the base elements of the traceroute
   measurement storing is defined dividing the information elements in
   two semantically separated groups (configuration elements and results
   ones).  On the basis of the information model a data model is then
   proposed in order to actually store the traceroute measurements.
   Finally the relevant metrics related to traceroute measurements are
   defined using the metrics already standardized in the IPPM working
   group, where they are found to be applicables.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-niccolini-ippm-storetraceroutes-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-niccolini-ippm-storetraceroutes-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-niccolini-ippm-storetraceroutes-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce