Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-henderson-hip-generalize-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:10:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generalizing the HIP base protocol
	Author(s)	: T. Henderson
	Filename	: draft-henderson-hip-generalize-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2005-2-15
	
The Host Identity Protocol and architecture (HIP) proposes to add a
   cryptographic name space for network stack names.  This draft
   observes that HIP can be viewed as an instance of a more general
   migration towards decoupling identity from location in the Internet
   architecture, and shows how other proposals (mobile IP, multi6,
   mobike, and i3) fit into this framework.  We argue that if the HIP
   base protocol were to be slightly generalized, it might be useful to
   other related efforts and might allow more experimental flexibility.
   Specifically, an extensible identifier TLV, the ability to define
   usage profiles for the HIP handshake, and a relaxation of the
   requirements that specific HIP messages carry specific parameters are
   the three changes suggested.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-henderson-hip-generalize-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-henderson-hip-generalize-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-henderson-hip-generalize-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce