Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ayyangar-ccamp-lsp-stitching-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:21:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LSP Stitching with Generalized MPLS TE
	Author(s)	: A. Ayyangar, J. Vasseur
	Filename	: draft-ayyangar-ccamp-lsp-stitching-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-2-14
	
In certain scenarios, there may be a need to combine together two
different Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Label
Switched Paths (LSPs) such that in the data plane, a single end-to-end
(e2e) LSP is achieved and all traffic from one LSP is switched onto the
other LSP. We will refer to this as "LSP stitching". This document
covers cases where: a) the node performing the stitching does not
require configuration of every LSP pair to be stitched together b) the
node performing the stitching is not the egress of any of the LSPs c)
LSP stitching not only results in an end-to-end LSP in the data plane,
but there is also a corresponding end-to-end LSP (RSVP session) in the
control plane. It might be possible to configure a GMPLS node to switch
the traffic from an LSP for which it is the egress, to another LSP for
which it is the ingress, without requiring any signaling or routing
extensions whatsoever, completely transparent to other nodes. This will
also result in LSP stitching in the data plane. However, this document
does not cover this scenario of LSP stitching.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ayyangar-ccamp-lsp-stitching-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ayyangar-ccamp-lsp-stitching-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ayyangar-ccamp-lsp-stitching-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce