Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pandit-nfs-2-3-4-local-minor-interop-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:05:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Interoperability between all NFS versions and local filesystem
	Author(s)	: A. Pandit, S. Godbole
	Filename	: draft-pandit-nfs-2-3-4-local-minor-interop-01.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2005-3-10
	
NFS (Network File System) version 4 is a major rewrite of NFS. NFS
    version 4 has lot of new features added into the protocol and the 
    behavior is changed a lot from the predecessors.

    This Draft considers the interoperability problems of all versions 
    of NFS and local filesystem. Yet, access to any one file system 
    through the NFS v2 or NFS v3 or NFS v4 protocol requires that a 
    single server be accessed.  

    This draft tries to suggest the behavior that could be expected 
    when NFS version 4 is used in multi-protocol environment with NFS 
    version 2 and version 3.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pandit-nfs-2-3-4-local-minor-interop-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pandit-nfs-2-3-4-local-minor-interop-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pandit-nfs-2-3-4-local-minor-interop-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce