Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-thomas-mpls-ldp-survey2002-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:11:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LDP Implementation Survey Results
	Author(s)	: B. Thomas, L. Andersson
	Filename	: draft-thomas-mpls-ldp-survey2002-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2005-3-23
	
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is a method for forwarding
   packets that uses short, fixed-length values carried by packets,
   called labels, to determine packet nexthops [RFC3031]).  A
   fundamental concept in MPLS is that two Label Switching Routers
   (LSRs) must agree on the meaning of the labels used to forward
   traffic between and through them.  This common understanding is
   achieved by using a set of procedures, called a label distribution
   protocol, by which one LSR informs another of label bindings it has
   made.  One such protocol called LDP [RFC3036] is used by LSRs to
   distribute labels to support MPLS forwarding along normally routed
   paths.  This document reports on a survey of LDP implementations
   conducted in August 2002 as part of the process of advancing LDP from
   proposed to draft standard.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thomas-mpls-ldp-survey2002-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-thomas-mpls-ldp-survey2002-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thomas-mpls-ldp-survey2002-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce