Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kuangyj-l2trigger-mpls-mip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:02:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Handoff by L2 Trigger in MPLS-based Mobile IP Networks
	Author(s)	: Y. Kuang, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kuangyj-l2trigger-mpls-mip-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2005-2-25
	
This document extends the integration of Mobile IP (MIP) and Multi-
   Protocol Label Switch (MPLS) with Layer2 Triggers (L2T) to expedite 
   handoff and route optimization procedures. In the proposal, MPLS 
   acts as only a fast second layer switch technique to setup a 
   connection-oriented communication network, while MIP or IP acts as a 
   signaling protocol to operate, administrate and manage MPLS network. 
   L2Ts in this proposal are introduced to trigger signaling process of 
   rerouting, extension and recovery of label switch paths (LSP) rather 
   than to trigger registration or binding update of new care-of 
   address (CoA), in traditional MIP. Moreover, in the proposed 
   architecture, IP-in-IP tunneling is replaced by LSPs to support 
   mobility, which reduces packet overhead thus mitigates network 
   burden and makes it easy to support quality-of-service (QoS) or 
   class-of-service (CoS). Therefore, the proposed scheme is well 
   suited for time-constrained or delay-sensitive applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuangyj-l2trigger-mpls-mip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kuangyj-l2trigger-mpls-mip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kuangyj-l2trigger-mpls-mip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce