Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kapoor-rohc-rtp-new-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:36:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RObust Header Compression (ROHC): Support for 
			  Reordering and Constant IP-ID
	Author(s)	: R. Kapoor, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kapoor-rohc-rtp-new-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-3-17
	
RObust Header Compression (ROHC), RFC 3095, defines a framework for 
header compression, along with a number of compression protocols 
(profiles). This document seeks to add support for two issues to basic 
RoHC profiles, (a) the ability to handle reordering and (b) avoid extra 
header overhead when IP-ID is a constant value. The first issue can be 
supported by making the value of p (which is part of the RoHC 
interpretation interval) configurable. The second issue is already 
supported in the IP Profile of RoHC (RFC 3843). The discussion of this 
IP-ID issue in the current document merely replicates the discussion in
RFC 3843 regarding constant IP-ID.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kapoor-rohc-rtp-new-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kapoor-rohc-rtp-new-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kapoor-rohc-rtp-new-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce