Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hutzler-spamops-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:34:52 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Email Submission Between Independent Networks
	Author(s)	: C. Hutzler, et al.
	Filename	: draft-hutzler-spamops-03.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-3-18
	
Email has become a popular distribution service for a variety of
   socially unacceptable, mass-effect purposes. The most obvious ones
   include spam and worms. This note recommends conventions for the
   operation of email submission and transport services between
   independent operators, such as enterprises and Internet Service
   Providers. Its goal is to improve lines of accountability for
   controlling abusive uses of the Internet mail service. Consequently
   the document offers recommendations for constructive operational
   policies between independent operators of email transmission
   services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hutzler-spamops-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hutzler-spamops-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hutzler-spamops-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce