Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-tcp-req-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:38:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NAT Behavioral Requirements for TCP
	Author(s)	: S. Sivakumar, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-tcp-req-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-3-30
	
NAT devices are available from a number of vendors and are in use by
   several residential and enterprise users. Yet, there is much
   variation in how the NAT devices work. Application developers,
   network administrators and users of NAT devices seek some level of
   uniformity and predictability in how various of the NAT devices
   operate. The objective of this document is to specify the
   operational and behavioral requirements on the NAT devices while
   processing TCP packets. A NAT device that conforms to the
   requirements listed in the document will bring predictability in
   how NATs operate with regard to TCP packet processing. A NAT device
   is said to be IETF behave compliant when it complies with the
   requirements outlined in this document and two other companion
   documents ([BEH-GEN], [BEH-UDP]) which outline the requirements
   for processing IP, ICMP & UDP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-tcp-req-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-tcp-req-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sivakumar-behave-nat-tcp-req-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce