Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-imapext-list-extensions-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:42:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Message Access Protocol Extension Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IMAP4 LIST Command Extensions
	Author(s)	: B. Leiba, A. Melnikov
	Filename	: draft-ietf-imapext-list-extensions-12.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2005-4-11
	
IMAP4 has two commands for listing mailboxes: LIST and LSUB.  As we
have added extensions that have required specialized lists (see
[MboxRefer] for an example) we have had to expand the number of list
commands, since each extension must add its function to both LIST and
LSUB, and these commands are not, as they are defined, extensible.
If we've needed the extensions to work together, we've had to add a
set of commands to mix the different options, the set increasing in
size with each new extension.  This document describes an extension
to the base LIST command that will allow these additions to be done
with mutually compatible options to the LIST command, avoiding the
exponential increase in specialized list commands.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imapext-list-extensions-12.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-imapext-list-extensions-12.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imapext-list-extensions-12.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce