Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kompella-ccc-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:34:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Circuit Cross-Connect
	Author(s)	: K. Kompella, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kompella-ccc-02.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2005-4-15
	
Circuit Cross-Connect (CCC) was the ground-breaking design and
   implementation of the transport of Layer 2 frames over Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching (MPLS), which is now seen as an important application
   of MPLS.  Thus, documenting CCC is important from a historical point
   of view.  Furthermore, CCC is still in production in many networks,
   providing yet another reason to document it.  It is hoped that those
   interested in this area will see where it started, how far we have
   come, and the strengths and weaknesses of this particular approach,
   and thereby gain some perspective of the area.  If in the process
   they get new insights for the future development in this area, that
   is a bonus.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-ccc-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kompella-ccc-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kompella-ccc-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce