Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-leung-cisco-mip4-host-config-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:23:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Cisco Mobile IPv4 Host Configuration Extensions
	Author(s)	: K. Leung, et al.
	Filename	: draft-leung-cisco-mip4-host-config-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-4-1
	
An IP device requires basic host configuration to be able to
communicate.  For example, the IP address on the interface and the
DNS server for a hostname to IP address lookup.  This information is
configured statically or obtained dynamically using Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP) or Point-to- Point Protocol/IP Control
Protocol (PPP/IPCP).  However, both DHCP and PPP/IPCP provides host
configuration based on the access network.  In Mobile IPv4, the
registration process boots up a Mobile Node at an access network,
also known as foreign network.  The information to configure the host
needs to be based on the home network.  This document describes the
Mobile IPv4 extensions used to provide the base host configuration in
the Registration Request and Reply messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-leung-cisco-mip4-host-config-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-leung-cisco-mip4-host-config-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-leung-cisco-mip4-host-config-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce