Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:28:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Suggested Practices for Registration of 
			  Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)
	Author(s)	: J. Klensin
	Filename	: draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-07.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2005-4-25
	
This document explores the issues in registration of
   internationalized domain names (IDNs).  The basic IDN definition
   potentially allows a very large number of possible characters in
   domain names, and this richness may lead to serious user confusion
   about similar-looking names.  To avoid this confusion, it is
   necessary for the IDN registration process to impose rules that
   disallow some otherwise-valid name combinations.  This document
   suggests a set of mechanisms that registries might use to define and
   implement such rules, including adaptation of methods developed for
   Chinese, Japanese, and Korean domain names to other languages and
   scripts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce