Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-awad-nat-idnat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:41:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: More Fixed Identities for Private Hosts behind NAT IDNAT
	Author(s)	: M. Awad
	Filename	: draft-awad-nat-idnat-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2005-4-11
	
In many flavors of the nowadays address translators, real addresses
  are assigned to private hosts without preserving uniqueness; the same
  real address can be shared among multiple private hosts and the same
  private host can also obtain different addresses over the time as
  well. As a result the addresses used for private hosts reflect some
  kind of ambiguity on those hosts. This proposal introduces the IDNAT
  model as a solution for that address ambiguity problem. This solution
  concentrates on defining another virtual identity to identify private
  hosts in replacement of the ambiguous assigned real IP address.
  Through agile practices this identity can be assigned to each of the
  private hosts, and the hosts themselves will be aware of their
  assigned Ids which are going to be quite unique throughout the private
  region as well as the entire Internet realm. Moreover, the new Id will
  play a centric role in the packets transmission so as to identify the
  private host outside the private region and hence defeating the
  undesired ambiguity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-awad-nat-idnat-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-awad-nat-idnat-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-awad-nat-idnat-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce