Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 16:24:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Host Configuration of DNS Server Information Approaches
	Author(s)	: J. Jeong
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-06.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2005-5-5
	
This document describes three approaches for IPv6 recursive DNS
   server address configuration.  It details the operational attributes
   of three solutions: RA option, DHCPv6 option, and Well-known anycast
   addresses for recursive DNS servers.  Additionally, it suggests the
   deployment scenarios in four kinds of networks, such as ISP,
   Enterprise, 3GPP, and Unmanaged networks, considering multi-solution
   resolution.  Therefore, this document will give the audience a
   guideline for IPv6 host DNS configuration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce