Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-welch-pnfs-ops-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:41:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: pNFS Operations Summary
	Author(s)	: B. Welch, et al.
	Filename	: draft-welch-pnfs-ops-01.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2005-5-19
	
This Internet-Draft provides a description of the pNFS extension
  for NFSv4.

  The key feature of the protocol extension is the ability for clients
  to perform read and write operations that go directly from the
  client to individual storage system elements without funneling
  all such accesses through a single file server.  Of course, the
  file server must coordinate the client I/O so that the file system
  retains its integrity.

  The extension adds operations that query and manage layout
  information that allows parallel I/O between clients and storage
  system elements.  The layouts are managed in a similar way as
  delegations in that they have leases and can be recalled by the
  server, but layout information is independent of delegations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-welch-pnfs-ops-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-welch-pnfs-ops-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-welch-pnfs-ops-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce