Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zinin-rtg-dos-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:41:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Protecting Internet Routing Infrastructure from Outsider DoS Attacks
	Author(s)	: A. Zinin
	Filename	: draft-zinin-rtg-dos-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-5-23
	
The mechanism described in this document helps to secure an Internet
   Service Provider's router infrastructure from outsider attacks,
   including (but not limited to) Distributed denial of service (DDoS)
   attacks based on CPU and/or queue exhaustion (e.g., TCP SYN flooding
   and flooding of invalid MD5-signed routing protocol packets.) The
   presented approach is based on explicitly marking control packets
   from trusted sources by different link-layer encapsulation and does
   not require any modifications to user data exchange protocols, ICMP,
   routing protocols or changes to existing hardware in routers, which
   allows it to be deployed quickly throughout the Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zinin-rtg-dos-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zinin-rtg-dos-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zinin-rtg-dos-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce