Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-cfrg-rhash-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:47:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Strengthening Digital Signatures via Randomized Hashing
	Author(s)	: S. Halevi, H. Krawczyk
	Filename	: draft-irtf-cfrg-rhash-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2005-5-18
	
We propose to adopt randomized hashing as a mode of operation for
   existing and future cryptographic hash functions. The idea is to
   strengthen hash functions for use in the context of digital
   signatures without requiring a change to the actual hashing and
   signing algorithms or to their existing implementations.  
   We suggest that randomization can be achieved via the processing of
   the input to the function, even if the hash function itself is not
   randomized.  Effective use of such mode of operation requires
   changes to the standardization of the encoding and processing of
   digital signatures (e.g., PKCS#1, FIPS186) but has no impact on
   existing signature and hashing algorithms.  We urge the standards
   community to plan a transition towards these new mechanisms for
   which we outline specific instantiations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-cfrg-rhash-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-cfrg-rhash-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-cfrg-rhash-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce