Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-carrozzo-aaa-cops-maid-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:45:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: COPS-MAID: COPS Usage for Multi-Access Inter-Domain 
			  Service Provider Networks based on MPLS-Diffserv
	Author(s)	: G. Carrozzo, et al.
	Filename	: draft-carrozzo-aaa-cops-maid-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2005-5-18
	
This specification defines some extensions to the COPS protocol under 
   the COPS-MAID client type to be used for the SP Control Plane 
   procedures in a Multimedia Telephony Service (MTS) context. The 
   reference SP network infrastructure is assumed to be based on 
   MPLS/Diffserv Control and Data Planes. The proposed architecture is 
   defined signalling independent because it is able to uphold different 
   signalling protocols used by the MTS-enabled terminals (e.g. SIP, 
   H.323, H.248-Megaco, MGCP, etc.) with a common approach. The overall 
   specification relies on the identification of a common and 
   generalized semantic for the service requests (policy & CAC), which 
   will encapsulate the client-specific information in a common format 
   besides of the specific protocol (e.g. SIP, H.323, etc.). 
   By means of this generalized architecture it is possible to reduce 
   the complexity of the SP Control Plane architecture.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carrozzo-aaa-cops-maid-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-carrozzo-aaa-cops-maid-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-carrozzo-aaa-cops-maid-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce