Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-welch-mdi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:42:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Proposed Media Delivery Index
	Author(s)	: J. Welch, J. Clark
	Filename	: draft-welch-mdi-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-5-13
	
This memo defines a Media Delivery Index (MDI) measurement which can 
   be used as a diagnostic tool or a quality indicator for monitoring a 
   network intended to deliver UDP-based applications such as Streaming 
   Media MPEG video and Voice over IP or other arrival time and packet 
   loss sensitive information.  It provides an indication of traffic 
   jitter, a measure of deviation from nominal flow rates, and a data 
   loss at-a-glance measure for a particular flow.  For instance, the 
   MDI may be used as a reference in characterizing and comparing 
   networks carrying UDP Streaming Media. Included is a set of managed 
   objects for SNMP-based management of IP media streams for which an 
   MDI measurement is obtained. 
    
   The Media Delivery Index measurement and MIB defined in this memo is 
   intended for Information only.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-welch-mdi-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-welch-mdi-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-welch-mdi-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce