Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eggert-tcpm-tcp-retransmit-now-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TCP Extensions for Immediate Retransmissions
	Author(s)	: L. Eggert, et al.
	Filename	: draft-eggert-tcpm-tcp-retransmit-now-02.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2005-6-29
	
This document classifies connectivity disruptions along an end-to-end
   path into four types and describes how standard TCP mechanisms can
   lead to inefficient or over-aggressive sending behavior when
   connectivity resumes.  The proposed techniques for TCP mobility
   detection and response (LMDR) can improve behavior for some types of
   disruptions.  This document describes another, complementary and
   orthogonal modification to TCP's retransmission scheme that improves
   performance for disruption types that TCP LMDR does not address.
   This extension is based on connectivity indicators, i.e., generic
   network events that may indicate that end-to-end connectivity has
   resumed.  This document focuses on TCP modifications that use
   connectivity indicators to increase performance, but does not define
   the specifics of such connectivity indicators itself.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eggert-tcpm-tcp-retransmit-now-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eggert-tcpm-tcp-retransmit-now-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eggert-tcpm-tcp-retransmit-now-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce