Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-miloucheva-mldv2-mipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:37:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Context Transfer in mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: K. Jonas, I. Miloucheva
	Filename	: draft-miloucheva-mldv2-mipv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-6-10
	
Protocol mechanisms for fast mobile multicast in IPv6 based on multicast
listening context transfer are proposed. 
The focus is the context transfer for mobile multicast listeners using
Multicast Listener Discovery protocol Version 2 (MLDv2).
Multicast context transfer block and operational considerations for
optimised multicast context transfer based on Fast Handovers for Mobile
IPv6 and Candidate Access Router Discovery are described.  
The requirements for MLDv2 context extension and operation at access
routers to support multicast context transfer for mobile IPv6 are
specified. 
Interactions of MLDv2 with Protocol Independent Multicast Sparse Mode
(PIM-SM) for multicast routing state update based on multicast
listening context transfer are overviewed.
Operational considerations for MLDv2 and PIM-SM to support multicast
receiver and source mobility based on context transfer are discussed.
Comparison with other multicast protocol proposals for Mobile IPv6
(MIPv6) is given.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-miloucheva-mldv2-mipv6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-miloucheva-mldv2-mipv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-miloucheva-mldv2-mipv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce