Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l3vpn-ipsec-2547-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Architecture for the Use of PE-PE IPsec
                          Tunnels in BGP/MPLS IP VPNs
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l3vpn-ipsec-2547-04.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2005-6-24
	
In BGP/MPLS IP Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), VPN data packets
   traveling from one Provider Edge (PE) router to another generally
   carry two MPLS labels, an "inner" label that corresponds to a VPN-
   specific route, and an "outer" label that corresponds to a Label
   Switched Path (LSP) between the PE routers.  In some circumstances,
   it is desirable to support the same type of VPN architecture, but
   using an IPsec Security Association in place of that LSP.  The
   "outer" MPLS label would thus be replaced by an IP/IPsec header.
   This enables the VPN packets to be carried securely over non-MPLS
   networks, using standard IPsec authentication and/or encryption
   functions to protect them.  This draft specifies the procedures which
   are specific to support of BGP/MPLS IP VPNs using the IPsec
   encapsulation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ipsec-2547-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l3vpn-ipsec-2547-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ipsec-2547-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce