Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Specifying Media Privacy Requirements in the 
                          Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: R. Shacham, et al.
	Filename	: draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-6-28
	
   Participants in a normal phone conversation can assume that, given
   the appropriate measures are taken against network eavesdropping,
   what they say is only heard by the other participant.  The use of
   speakerphones or visual output devices displaying video or messaging
   removes this assumption.  In the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), a
   call may also be transfered to another device, suddenly compromising
   the other participant's privacy.  Therefore, this document proposes
   SDP and SIP protocol extensions that allow participants to specify
   their privacy requirements for the other party's device, and
   discusses how they may be used in different session scenarios.  It
   also defines an SDP extension for allowing or disallowing the
   recording of the session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce