Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pinkas-pkix-conf-crl-validation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Conforming CRL Validation for relying parties
	Author(s)	: D. Pinkas
	Filename	: draft-pinkas-pkix-conf-crl-validation-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-6-23
	
   The text currently present in section 6.3 from RFC 3280 is dedicated
   to CRL validation. This text needs to be more detailed to explain 
   exactly how it can made be sure that a CRL is issued by the right 
   entity.  In addition, a text dedicated to the characteristics that
   conforming applications MUST support needs to be provided: the 
   current text covers the most complex case and is too complicated to 
   be easily simplified.  Text is proposed to be included in 3280 bis 
   and to partially replace section 6.3 .

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pinkas-pkix-conf-crl-validation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pinkas-pkix-conf-crl-validation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pinkas-pkix-conf-crl-validation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce