Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pullen-srmp-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Selectively Reliable Multicast Protocol (SRMP)
	Author(s)	: M. Pullen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-pullen-srmp-06.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2005-6-30
	
The Selectively Reliable Multicast Protocol (SRMP) is a transport
   protocol, intended to deliver a mix of reliable and best-effort 
   messages in an any-to-any multicast environment, where the best-
   effort traffic occurs in significantly greater volume than the 
   reliable traffic and therefore can be used to carry sequence 
   numbers of reliable messages for loss detection. SRMP is intended 
   for use in a distributed simulation application environment, where 
   only the latest value of reliable transmission for any particular 
   data identifier requires delivery.

   SRMP has two sublayers: a bundling sublayer that combines short 
   messages, peforms NAK suppression, and incorporates the TCP-Friendly 
   Multicast Congestion Control of Widmer and Handley, dropping best-
   effort traffic in order to achieve congestion control; and a 
   selectively reliable transport (SRT) sublayer that formats best-
   effort and reliable transmissions and also creates negative 
   acknowledgements when loss of reliable messages is detected.

   In SRMP, selection between reliable and best-effort messages is
   performed by the application. The protocol bundles messages within
   a configured time interval, attempting to achieve a configured
   bundle size which typically is set to the expected smallest MTU
   in the delivery path. The bundle header carries the latest sequence
   number for each reliable transmission. Rate reduction is achieved
   when necessary by dropping best-effort messages at random.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pullen-srmp-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pullen-srmp-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pullen-srmp-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce