Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Packet Reordering Metric for IPPM
	Author(s)	: A. Morton, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-10.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 2005-6-21
	
This memo defines metrics to evaluate if a network has maintained
   packet order on a packet-by-packet basis. It provides motivations
   for the new metrics and discusses the measurement issues, including
   the context information required for all metrics. The memo first
   defines a reordered singleton, and then uses it as the basis for
   sample metrics to quantify the extent of reordering in several
   useful dimensions for network characterization or receiver design.
   Additional metrics quantify the frequency of reordering and the
   distance between separate occurrences. We then define a metric
   oriented toward reordering affects on TCP. Several examples of
   evaluation using the various sample metrics are included. An
   Appendix gives extended definitions for evaluating order with packet
   fragmentation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-10.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce