Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eastlake-sha2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:39:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: US Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA)
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd, T. Hansen
	Filename	: draft-eastlake-sha2-00.txt
	Pages		: 83
	Date		: 2005-6-13
	
The United States of America has adopted a suite of secure hash
   algorithms (SHAs), including four beyond SHA-1, as part of a Federal
   Information Processing Standard (FIPS), specifically SHA-224 [RFC
   3874], SHA-256, SHA-384, and SHA-512.  The purpose of this document
   is to make code performing these hash functions conveniently
   available to the Internet community. The sample code supports input
   strings of arbitrary bit length. SHA-1's sample code from [RFC 3174]
   has also been updated to handle an input string of arbitrary length.
   Most of the text herein was adapted by the authors from FIPS 180-2.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-sha2-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eastlake-sha2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-sha2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce