Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nakhjiri-eap-ho-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:43:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: EAP keying and handover support
	Author(s)	: M. Nakhjiri
	Filename	: draft-nakhjiri-eap-ho-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2005-6-6
	
The current EAP documentation set, such as [EAP3748], [EAPKEY6], and 
   [RADEAP3579] provide a powerful framework for performing combined 
   authentication and key management using an EAP server and an AAA 
   infrastructure. The framework competently deals with many issues 
   related to network-access control and link security setup. However, 
   when it comes to deploying these specifications for mobile wireless 
   environments, where a peer is required to perform fast and/or 
   heterogeneous handovers, the current framework can be extended with 
   more clear guidelines and possibly specifications in ways that 
   prevent interoperability or security issues. This draft intends to 
   explore some of the complications in deploying the EAP framework for 
   handovers and analyze a few solution alternatives.  
    
   Further threat analysis of each alternative or providing trade-off 
   guidelines for support of handover may be part of the future 
   revisions of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nakhjiri-eap-ho-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nakhjiri-eap-ho-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nakhjiri-eap-ho-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce