Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Resolution of FQDN Conflicts among DHCP Clients
	Author(s)	: M. Stapp, B. Volz
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-09.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-6-29
	
DHCP provides a mechanism for host configuration that includes
   dynamic assignment of IP addresses and fully qualified domain names.
   To maintain accurate name to IP address and IP address to name
   mappings in the DNS, these dynamically assigned addresses and fully
   qualified domain names require updates to the DNS.  This document
   identifies situations in which conflicts in the use of fully
   qualified domain names may arise among DHCP clients and servers, and
   describes a strategy for the use of the DHCID DNS resource record in
   resolving those conflicts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce