Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ota-dhc-auth-chap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the NNTP Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: CHAP-based Authentication for DHCPv6 
	Author(s)	: M. Ota, M. Yanagiya
	Filename	: draft-ota-dhc-auth-chap-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2005-6-30
	
In delayed authentication in DHCPv6[RFC3315], the hardware 
identifier is used to select the key, and the key is exchanged 
between the server and the client in advance. Therefore, when a user 
tries to use a new device, it is necessary to add key information to 
the new device and DHCPv6 servers.  
In this document, we propose a procedure for introducing 
CHAP[RFC1994] into the DHCPv6 authentication procedure. This 
procedure allows the client get the host configuration information 
related to the user and exchanges a secret key to use in later 
sequence.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ota-dhc-auth-chap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ota-dhc-auth-chap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ota-dhc-auth-chap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce