Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-willis-sip-answeralert-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:13:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requesting Answering and Alerting Modes for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: D. Willis, A. Allen
	Filename	: draft-willis-sip-answeralert-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2005-6-15
	
   This document defines two SIP extension header fields and associated
   option tags that can be used in INVITE requests to convey the
   requester's preference for user-interface handling of that request.
   The first header, ^Answer-Mode^, expresses a preference as to whether
   the target node's user interface waits for user input before
   accepting the request or instead accepts the request without waiting
   on user input.  The second header, ^Alert-Mode^, expresses a
   preference as to whether the target node's user interface alerts the
   user about the request.  These behaviors have applicability to
   applications such as Push-to-Talk and to diagnostics like loop-back.
   This document also defines use of the SIP extension header field
   ^Answer-Mode^, in a response to an INVITE request to inform the
   requester as to which answer mode was actually applied to this
   request.  There are significant security considerations, especially
   when the two request options are used together.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-willis-sip-answeralert-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-willis-sip-answeralert-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-willis-sip-answeralert-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce