Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kang-sipping-dtransc-requirement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:55:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The requirement for direct transcoding with Session 
			  Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: T. Kang, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kang-sipping-dtransc-requirement-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2005-6-8
	
This document presents a set of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
   call control requirements that support communication with direct 
   transcoding capability. Several solutions are addressed for 
   transcoding service. 
    
   Direct transcoding requires two kinds of requirements: the service 
   requirement and call control requirement. Service requirement is no 
   constraint of codec adaptation and interoperability of models. Call 
   control requirement is exchange of codec information and minimizing 
   of call set up delay. 
 
   The model might be applied to general-purpose services satisfying the 
   requirements of multimedia applications without an additional INVITE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kang-sipping-dtransc-requirement-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kang-sipping-dtransc-requirement-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kang-sipping-dtransc-requirement-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce