Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-neumann-rmt-flute-file-aggregation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A File Aggregation Scheme for FLUTE
	Author(s)	: C. Neumann, et al.
	Filename	: draft-neumann-rmt-flute-file-aggregation-01.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2005-6-30
	
This document introduces a logical and physical file aggregation
   scheme for File Delivery over Unidirectional Transport (FLUTE).  The
   logical file aggregation mechanism is a generalized grouping
   mechanism, allowing to logically group files.  The physical file
   aggregation scheme allows, additionally to a logical grouping, to
   more efficiently use Forward Error Correction (FEC) in the context of
   FLUTE, in particular when dealing with a large number of "small"
   files.  Unlike a solution based on the creation of an archive, the
   object aggregation scheme (1) avoids the need to perform preliminary
   transformations on the content and (2) preserves the possibility to
   extract a subset of the content, which may be critical aspect with
   some partially reliable broadcasting test cases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-neumann-rmt-flute-file-aggregation-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-neumann-rmt-flute-file-aggregation-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-neumann-rmt-flute-file-aggregation-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce