Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sip-identity-privacy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Identity Privacy in the Session Initiation
                          Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-sip-identity-privacy-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-7-12
	
   RFC3323 defines procedures for privacy in the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP).  These mechanisms make use of a privacy service that
   resides in the network, which can remove identifying information from
   messages.  Its approach to privacy was compatible with the identity
   mechanisms in RFC 3325, which defined the P-Asserted-ID header field.
   However, its approach does not work well with the new cryptographic-
   based mechanisms in draft-ietf-sip-identity.  As such, this document
   proposes a new framework for user privacy in SIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-identity-privacy-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-sip-identity-privacy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-identity-privacy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce