Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-rfc2821-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Security Considerations Issues for RFC 2821bis
	Author(s)	: J. Klensin
	Filename	: draft-klensin-rfc2821-security-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-7-12
	
   RFC 3552 is a useful analysis and presentation of recommendations for
   Security Considerations Sections.  Part of its content is an
   extensive analysis of, and proposed replacement for, the Security
   Considerations section of RFC 2821.  In important respects, the
   proposed replacement text may not be appropriate for this type of
   document.  It also raises some specific issues that may not be
   consistent with the consensus community of email experts about best
   practice.  Given the way it is worded, and the fact that it was
   published as a BCP document, it is plausible to consider it as an
   Update to RFC 2821 and to consider its ^example^ to be normative for
   any future revision of RFC 2821 such as the work that has been
   started in [7].  Those perceptions should be definitively evaluated
   and corrected if necessary.  This document is a first step in doing
   so and also makes some specific additional suggestions about the
   handling of Security Considerations material.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-rfc2821-security-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-klensin-rfc2821-security-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-klensin-rfc2821-security-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce