Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Socket API for source address selection
	Author(s)	: E. Nordmark, et al.
	Filename	: draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-03.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2005-7-14
	
The IPv6 default address selection document, RFC 3484, describes the
   rules for selecting source and destination IP addresses, and
   indicates that the applications should be able to reverse the sense
   of some of the address selection rules through some unspecified API.
   However, no such socket API exists in the basic or advanced IPv6
   socket API documents.  This document fills that gap by specifying
   socket level options add new flags for the getaddrinfo() API to
   specify preferences for address selection that modify the default
   address selection algorithm.  The socket APIs described in this
   document will be particularly useful for IPv6 applications that want
   to choose between temporary and public addresses, and for Mobile IPv6
   aware applications that want to use the Care-of-address for
   communication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce