Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dressler-nsis-metering-nslp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NSLP for Metering Configuration Signaling
	Author(s)	: F. Dressler, et al.
	Filename	: draft-dressler-nsis-metering-nslp-02.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2005-7-21
	
Monitoring, metering and accounting of packets are increasingly
   important functionality that needs to be provided in the Internet.
   This document proposes the definition of a new NSIS Signaling Layer
   Protocol (NSLP), named Metering NSLP, which allows the dynamic
   configuration of Metering Entities on the data path.  An accompanying
   document [I-D.fessi-nsis-m-nslp-framework] makes a problem statement,
   describes scenarios where such a path-coupled configuration of
   Metering Entities would be useful, elaborates requirements and
   discusses the applicability of NSIS to the problem.  This document
   suggests a Metering NSIS protocol design, defines Metering NSLP
   messages, outlines protocol operation and discusses commonalities and
   differences to other NSLPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dressler-nsis-metering-nslp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dressler-nsis-metering-nslp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dressler-nsis-metering-nslp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce