Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ogawa-mobopts-dhcpv4-fho-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DHCPv4 Extensions and Option for Fast Handovers
	Author(s)	: T. Ogawa
	Filename	: draft-ogawa-mobopts-dhcpv4-fho-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 2005-7-12
	
   When a standard IPv4 node (mobile node: MN) changes its wireless 
   network attachment point (performs a handover), it gets new IP layer 
   configuration information (e.g., its new IP address and the addresses 
   of new routers) from a DHCP server and changes its IP layer 
   configuration. During such a handover process, it cannot send or 
   receive IP packets to/from its corresponding node (CN), so a service 
   disruption is caused. In this document, we introduce new DHCPv4 
   extensions and an option (Fast Handover Option) for fast handovers. 
   This protocol is ported from ^DHCPv6 options for Fast Handovers^ [6]. 
   It enables DHCP servers to send new configuration information to MNs 
   before a handover to be used after the handover, so MNs can have 
   shorter handover processing times. It is noted that DHCP servers and 
   MNs implementing this protocol can achieve fast handovers with 
   standard IPv4 routers without any other micro-mobility management 
   protocols. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ogawa-mobopts-dhcpv4-fho-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ogawa-mobopts-dhcpv4-fho-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ogawa-mobopts-dhcpv4-fho-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce