Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhang-barm-congestion-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Binomial Congestion Control At Receivers for Multicast (BARM)
	Author(s)	: B. Zhang, Z. Liu
	Filename	: draft-zhang-barm-congestion-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-7-22
	
This document specifies Binomial congestion control At Receivers for
Multicast (BARM). BARM is a single rate multicast congestion control
protocol for streaming media applications in the best effort Internet
environment. Combining aspects of window-based and rate-based congestion
control, the protocol shifts most of the congestion control mechanisms
to multicast receivers. A congestion window is maintained and updated
by each receiver independently according to TCP-friendly binomial
algorithm, and is converted to the expected sending rate which is then
fed back to the sender if permitted. To suppress feedback implosion, a
representative receiver is selected among receivers and a distributed
suppression mechanism is used. BARM has good TCP-friendliness,
smoothness, scalability, and acceptable responsiveness.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-barm-congestion-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zhang-barm-congestion-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zhang-barm-congestion-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce