Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-royer-timezone-registry-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Time Zone Registry
	Author(s)	: D. Royer
	Filename	: draft-royer-timezone-registry-02.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2005-7-11
	
This is a submission for the creation of an new IANA Time Zones
   registration process.  This is a registry for iCalendar "VTIMEZONE"
   calendar component information.  Time zones and their definitions are
   required in order to schedule and synchronize meetings and software.
   The condition in which these time zones change are subject to civil
   authority rulings and are not always determinable by software
   algorithms.

   This is intended to be a central repository for time zone
   information.  The registry does not presume to be the authority for
   time zone information or rules.  This register is simply a place
   where time zone definitions may be registered for public access.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-royer-timezone-registry-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-royer-timezone-registry-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-royer-timezone-registry-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce