Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-welch-pnfs-ops-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: pNFS Operations
	Author(s)	: B. Welch, et al.
	Filename	: draft-welch-pnfs-ops-03.txt
	Pages		: 59
	Date		: 2005-7-18
	
This Internet-Draft provides a description of the pNFS extension for
   NFSv4.

   The key feature of the protocol extension is the ability for clients
   to perform read and write operations that go directly from the client
   to individual storage system elements without funneling all such
   accesses through a single file server.  Of course, the file server
   must provide sufficient coordination of the client I/O so that the
   file system retains its integrity.

   The extension adds operations that query and manage layout
   information that allows parallel I/O between clients and storage
   system elements.  The layouts are managed in a similar way to
   delegations in that they are associated with leases and can be
   recalled by the server, but layout information is independent of
   delegations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-welch-pnfs-ops-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-welch-pnfs-ops-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-welch-pnfs-ops-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce