Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-rac-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Issues Related to Receiver Access Control in
                          the Current Multicast Protocols 
	Author(s)	: H. Ohta, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mboned-rac-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2005-7-5
	
   This I-D evaluates the extent to which current multicasting protocols 
   can be used to address common requirements for commercial, large-
   scale IP multicasting.  Four existing possible multicasting 
   architectures (with or without some form of access or content 
   control) are presented. Then each architecture is analyzed with 
   respect to how it can or cannot satisfactorily address each issue.  
   This I-D concludes that for many of these issues the possible 
   architectures based on present standards as they now exist require 
   non-standardized solutions to meet common use requirements. This I-D 
   recommends for requirements to be defined that would set the 
   groundwork for creating standardized ways to overcome these 
   limitations.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-rac-issues-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mboned-rac-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-rac-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce