Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shah-bocci-pwe3-ms-pw-signaling-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multi-Segment Pseudo Wire Signaling
	Author(s)	: H. Shah, et al.
	Filename	: draft-shah-bocci-pwe3-ms-pw-signaling-01.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2005-7-19
	
The pseudowire switching [6] draft describes how a Pseudowire can 
span across multiple PSN domains. This multi-segment PW (MS-PW) 
threads through one or more PEs that are not the endpoints of the PW 
and are called switching PE (S-PE). The switching PE at each hop is 
configured a-priori with two single hops PW information that enables 
it to conduct splicing between the two. The configuration of such 
information at each S-PE for possibly thousands of MS-PWs is 
cumbersome. We describe a mechanism whereby a S-PE can identify and 
process the PW control signaling with the information present in the 
signaling message in a manner that eliminates the requirement to 
configure PW splicing information. In this mechanism source PE 
inserts information about the destination PE and the PW endpoint that 
is recognized by the receiving PE to identify his role as a switching 
PE and engage in propagating the PW signal towards the destination 
PE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shah-bocci-pwe3-ms-pw-signaling-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shah-bocci-pwe3-ms-pw-signaling-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shah-bocci-pwe3-ms-pw-signaling-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce