Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lind-infrastructure-enum-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Infrastructure ENUM Requirements 
	Author(s)	: S. Lind
	Filename	: draft-lind-infrastructure-enum-reqs-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-7-15
	
   There has been much discussion in various industries about the 
   concept of infrastructure (or carrier) ENUM. Some of this discussion 
   has been has been reflected within the ENUM WG mailing list and some 
   within other organizations, including ETSI, the US ENUM Forum and the 
   Country Code 1 ENUM LLC. While there has been consensus within some 
   pockets of individual efforts, there has been little consensus 
   industry-wide on even what infrastructure ENUM is, why it seems to be 
   important, or what the requirements for implementing it are.  
    
   At the request of the WG co-chairs, this document attempts to gather 
   together the bits and pieces from those discussions (i.e., I stole 
   the words shamelessly from the various sources) and, with an absolute 
   minimum of editing, present them in some sort of cohesive manner that 
   will enable enlightened discussion and hopefully achieve consensus. 
   Some items listed below may be duplicative and suggest alternative 
   wordings for similar and other contradictory issues. As such, this 
   list is very raw and should not be viewed as complete, cohesive or 
   correct. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lind-infrastructure-enum-reqs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lind-infrastructure-enum-reqs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lind-infrastructure-enum-reqs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce