Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pan-pwe3-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Pseudo Wire Protection
	Author(s)	: P. Pan
	Filename	: draft-pan-pwe3-protection-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-7-21
	
This document describes a mechanism that helps to protect and recover
user traffic when carried over pseudo-wires. The mechanism requires some
minor modification to the existing pseudo-wire setup procedure, and is
fully backward compatible.

Essentially, the mechanism is to enable the network operators to setup
multiple primary and backup pseudo-wires, and only use one to carry the
data traffic itself. Upon network failure, user traffic can be switched
over to the next “best” pseudo-wire base on preference levels.

This document first describes the motivation of the work base on the
discussions with a number of carriers. Then we define the protocol
extension itself.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pan-pwe3-protection-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pan-pwe3-protection-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pan-pwe3-protection-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce