Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fessi-nsis-m-nslp-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Framework for Metering NSLP
	Author(s)	: A. Fessi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-fessi-nsis-m-nslp-framework-01.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2005-7-21
	
This document motivates and describes an architectural framework for
   a new NSLP, which allows the dynamic configuration of Metering
   Entities on the data path to record monitoring and measurement data
   and report it to a data collector.  Different scenarios are described
   where such a path-coupled configuration of the Metering Entities can
   be useful.  Currently, the focus is on three scenarios: metering for
   accounting, QoS measurement and monitoring for network security.
   Moreover, this document suggests the appropriate parameters to be
   configured for each scenario.  Furthermore, it gathers requirements
   for a path-coupled configuration protocol of Metering Entities.
   Finally, the applicability of the NSIS architecture for this purpose
   is discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fessi-nsis-m-nslp-framework-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fessi-nsis-m-nslp-framework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fessi-nsis-m-nslp-framework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce