Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-rpid-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RPID: Rich Presence Extensions to the Presence
                          Information Data Format
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-rpid-08.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2005-7-18
	
The Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) defines a basic format
   for representing presence information for a presentity.  That format
   defines a textual note, an indication of availability (open or 
   closed) and a Universal Resource Identifier (URI) for communication.
   The Rich Presence Information Data format (RPID) described here is an
   extension that adds optional elements to the Presence Information
   Data Format (PIDF).  These extensions provide additional information
   about the presentity and its contacts.  The information is designed
   so that much of it can be derived automatically, e.g., from calendar
   files or user activity.

   This extension includes information about what the person is doing, a
   grouping identifier for a tuple, when a service or device was last
   used, the type of place a person is in, what media communications
   might remain private, the relationship of a service tuple to another
   presentity, the person's mood, the time zone it is located in, the
   type of service it offers, an icon reflecting the presentity's status
   and the overall role of the presentity.

   These extensions include presence information for persons, services
   (tuples) and devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-rpid-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-simple-rpid-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-rpid-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce