Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gray-rfc1888bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Code Point Assignments
	Author(s)	: E. Gray, et al.
	Filename	: draft-gray-rfc1888bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-7-21
	
This document is intended to accomplish two highly inter-related
   tasks: to establish an "initial" Internet Code Point (ICP) assignment
   for each of IPv4 and IPv6 address encoding in Network Service Access
   Point (NSAP) Addresses, and to recommend an IANA assignment policy
   for currently unassigned ICP values. In the first task, this document
   is a partial replacement for RFC 1888 - particularly for section 6 of
   RFC 1888. In the second task, this document incorporates wording and
   specifications from ITU recommendation X.213 and further recommends
   that IANA use the "IETF consensus" assignment policy in making future
   ICP assignments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gray-rfc1888bis-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gray-rfc1888bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gray-rfc1888bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce