Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-common-policy-caps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Representation for Expressing Policy Capabilities
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-common-policy-caps-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2005-7-12
	
   An important component of presence and location services is policy.
   Policy systems allow the presentity or location target to grant
   access to specific pieces of information to specific watchers or
   requestors.  These policy systems can be extremely simple, allowing a
   user to accept or block requests based solely on the identity of the
   requestor, to extremely complex, allowing for time based rules that
   grant or deny specific pieces of information.  Policy systems often
   support vendor proprietary features.  To allow for interoperability
   between clients which set such policies, and servers which execute
   them, it is necessary for clients to be able to determine the
   capabilities of the server to which it is connected.  This
   specification defines an Extensible Markup Language (XML) based
   format for expressing such capabilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-common-policy-caps-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-simple-common-policy-caps-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-common-policy-caps-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce