Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-media-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Strategies for Streaming Media Applications Using TCP-Friendly Rate Control
	Author(s)	: T. Phelan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-media-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2005-7-22
	
   This document discusses strategies for using streaming media
   applications with unreliable congestion-controlled transport
   protocols such as the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) or
   the RTP Profile for TCP Friendly Rate Control.  Of particular
   interest is how media streams, which have their own transmit rate
   requirements, can be adapted to the varying and sometimes conflicting
   transmit rate requirements of congestion control protocols such as
   TCP-Friendly Rate Control (TFRC).  Also explored is the resulting
   network behavior of streams using these strategies in competition
   with TCP-based streams, and the fairness between these streams and
   TCP-based streams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-media-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-media-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-media-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce