Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mahy-simple-xcap-alternative-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:50:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An alternative to XML Configuration Access 
                          Protocol (XCAP) for manipulating resource
                          lists and authorization lists, Using HyperText 
                          Transport Protocol (HTTP) extensions for
                          Distributed Authoring and Versioning (DAV)
	Author(s)	: R. Mahy
	Filename	: draft-mahy-simple-xcap-alternative-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2005-7-14
	
This document describes an alternative to XCAP (XML Configuration
   Access Protocol) for manipulating SIMPLE resource and authorization
   lists using WebDAV.  XCAP and WebDAV are similar in that they are
   both usages of HTTP.  Since servers could support both
   simultaneously, WebDAV support is a logical progression from XCAP for
   clients that require locking, version control, document moves or
   other features of WebDAV.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-simple-xcap-alternative-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mahy-simple-xcap-alternative-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mahy-simple-xcap-alternative-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce