Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-miao-ttl-partition-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TTL Partition Security Mechanism 
	Author(s)	: M. Fuyou
	Filename	: draft-miao-ttl-partition-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2005-7-8
	
   This draft proposes a TTL-number space ^partition^ mechanism to 
   shield the access control/management plane of a service provider's 
   (SP) core network from customer traffic. Provider edge routers limit 
   the TTL to a preset maximum value on_USER_data packet that enters 
   core network, and the core network router drops packet with a TTL as 
   small as or smaller than preset value when the packet destination 
   address is the router itself. Since attack packets from a customer 
   site cannot reach the control plane or application of routers in the 
   SP core network, the control plane of the core network is secured 
   against the class of attacks originating outside the core network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-miao-ttl-partition-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-miao-ttl-partition-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-miao-ttl-partition-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce