Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Controlled Load per hop behaviour 
	Author(s)	: B. Briscoe, et al.
	Filename	: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-7-13
	
   This document defines two per-hop behaviours (PHBs) called Controlled 
   Load step and Controlled Load ramp (CL-step-PHB and CL-ramp-PHB). CL
   service is a quality of service (QoS) closely approximating the QoS 
   that same flow would receive from a lightly loaded network element 
   [RFC2211]. CL service is useful for inelastic flows such as those for 
   streaming real-time media.  

   Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) marking semantics are defined 
   as part of the PHBs, to provide an ^early warning^ of potential 
   congestion. The PHBs can be used as a basic building block within an 
   edge-to-edge (CL-ramp-PHB) or end-to-end (CL-step-PHB) QoS 
   architecture, using distributed measurement-based admission control. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce