Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kulmala-l3vpn-interas-option-d-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Inter AS option for BGP/MPLS IP VPN
	Author(s)	: M. Kulmala, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kulmala-l3vpn-interas-option-d-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2005-7-5
	
   This document describes new Inter-AS option for RFC2547bis services.
 
   This option is a hydrid of options A and B that are defined in 
   [2547BIS]. The proposed method can inter-operate seamlessly with a 
   peer that is using rfc2547bis ch 10 option B inter-AS method.

   In this Inter AS option ASBR installs VPN-IPv4 routes into VRFs and 
   acts as BGP next hop when it readvertises VPN-IPv4 routes with MP-BGP
   to other PE routers. This eliminates the need to LSP connectivity (or 
   some other type of tunnels) between packet's ingress and egress PE.
   
   Since this option keeps VRFs it will give VPN context at ASBR and 
   inherently provides route filtering based on Route Targets. This 
   option is independent of the interconnecting media.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kulmala-l3vpn-interas-option-d-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kulmala-l3vpn-interas-option-d-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kulmala-l3vpn-interas-option-d-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce