Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cui-mobopts-hcf-wlan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Handover Control Function Based Handover for
                          Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: Y. Cui, et al.
	Filename	: draft-cui-mobopts-hcf-wlan-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2005-7-12
	
   This document propose a scheme to support MIP6 deployment based on
   Wireless LAN by extending HMIPv6.  The HCF (Handover Control
   Function) described in this document should record all APs's MAC
   address, backend AR's address and network prefix of those APs.  All
   MNs will periodically report all AP's MAC address and signal strength
   information to HCF which MN can probe, then HCF should decide whether
   or which AP MN shall associate with and notify MN about the new AP/
   AR's information, meanwhile, a bi-cast mechanism shall be applied to
   further improve handover performance by reducing the packet loss
   during handover.  This mechanism can be used in the nationwide
   university Wireless LAN based MIP6 network deployment to support VoIP
   and Video Telephony.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-mobopts-hcf-wlan-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cui-mobopts-hcf-wlan-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cui-mobopts-hcf-wlan-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce