Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sip-route-construct-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Clarifying Construction of the Route Header
                          Field in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-sip-route-construct-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-7-12
	
   The Route header field in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   protocol is used to cause a request to visit a set of hops on its way
   towards the final destination.  The SIP specification defines
   construction of the Route header field at user agents.  However,
   numerous other mechanisms have been described, such as Service-Route
   and the 305 response, which cause the client to set its Route header
   field for a request.  As such, the specific behavior for a UA in
   construction of its Route header field is unclear.  This document
   attempts to define a consistent set of logic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-route-construct-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-sip-route-construct-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-route-construct-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce