Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-minda-dnsop-using-in-bailiwick-nameservers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using In-Bailiwick Namesevers in .ARPA
	Author(s)	: M. Minda
	Filename	: draft-minda-dnsop-using-in-bailiwick-nameservers-00.txt
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 2005-7-15
	
   Many People know that reverse DNS lookup of IN-ADDR.ARAP zone is
   slow.  People supposed to be the case is issue of LAME delegation.
   But this is not correct.  There are two reasons.  One is glulessness
   and the other is BIND 8 on caching nameserver.  Most of nameservers
   in ARPA zone are out-of-bailiwick names and this causes gluelessness

   This document explains the problem with gluelessness, the problem
   with old BIND implementations and suggests recommended way to
   configure nameservers in .ARPA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-minda-dnsop-using-in-bailiwick-nameservers-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-minda-dnsop-using-in-bailiwick-nameservers-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-minda-dnsop-using-in-bailiwick-nameservers-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce