Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-francois-ordered-fib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Loop-free convergence using ordered FIB updates
	Author(s)	: P. Francois, et al.
	Filename	: draft-francois-ordered-fib-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-7-11
	
   This draft proposes a mechanism to prevent transient loops during
   non-urgent topology changes by ordering the FIB updates on routers,
   in networks which use link state routing protocols. This mechanism
   can be used in case of graceful link shutdowns, metric changes and
   when a link is enabled. The solution can also be used in conjunction
   with an IPFRR mechanism wich turns a sudden link failure in a non-
   urgent change, by ensuring a local protection of the link. After a
   non-urgent topology change, each routers computes a rank that defines
   the time at which it can safely update its FIB. A completion message
   mechanism is also proposed in order to speed up the convergence
   process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-francois-ordered-fib-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-francois-ordered-fib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-francois-ordered-fib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce