Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-klockar-ibgp-oscillation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Oscillation Prevention in I-BGP
	Author(s)	: T. Klockar
	Filename	: draft-klockar-ibgp-oscillation-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-7-11
	
   This memo presents a technique for preventing oscillations in I-BGP.
   The idea is to utilize already known data in routers to stop
   oscillation.  This builds on the fact that routers can send implicit
   and explicit withdrawals.  Implicit withdrawals are redefined to mean
   that the route still exist and explicit withdrawal to mean that the
   route has disappeared.  The router can detect and avoid oscillation
   by storing the implicit withdrawn routes and using them to rule out
   other routes.  The cost is more cheap memory for the RIB-In but no
   extra expensive memory is needed in the forwarding table.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klockar-ibgp-oscillation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-klockar-ibgp-oscillation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-klockar-ibgp-oscillation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce