Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-smf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simplified Multicast Forwarding for MANET
	Author(s)	: J. Macker
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-smf-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2005-7-14
	
   This document describes the Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
   protocol that provides a basic IP multicast forwarding capability
   within mobile ad-hoc networks.  While it supports edge
   interoperability with a conventional IP multicast infrastructure, SMF
   is designed to have limited applicability as a forwarding mechanism
   for multiple hop multicast packets within MANET routing areas.  SMF
   uses a simplified forwarding mechanism that delivers multicast
   packets to all MANET multicast receivers within a MANET routing area.
   The core design does not use group and membership specific
   information in favor of reduced complexity and state maintenance
   within the mobile topology region.  The design accounts for the
   unique nature and behavior of MANET interfaces and takes advantage of
   particular efficient relay set algorithms previously designed and
   applied in the MANET routing designs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-smf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce