Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kempf-mipshop-nhood-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NEighborhood Discovery (NED) for Wireless Networks
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, R. Koodli
	Filename	: draft-kempf-mipshop-nhood-discovery-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-7-11
	
In wireless networks, there is a need to discover what types of 
networks are around a particular node. This need arises both when a 
node connects initially to a network and when a node needs to perform 
handover. Characteristics such as type of wireless technology, service 
provider, bandwidth availability, etc. may all be of interest in making 
a network connection or handover decision. In addition, a mobile node 
may require a mapping between the Layer 2 access point identifier and 
IP link information such as the Mobile IPv4 foreign agent address, or 
IPv6 access router address and subnet prefixes, so that the node can 
configure itself for the new IP link prior to moving. This document 
describes the Neighborhood information Elements Discovery (NED) 
protocol, for representing information elements that contain 
neighborhood information. The packet format presented in this document 
is independent of transport so that multiple mobility protocols can 
make use of it.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mipshop-nhood-discovery-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kempf-mipshop-nhood-discovery-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mipshop-nhood-discovery-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce