Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Licklider Transmission Protocol - Extensions
	Author(s)	: S. Farrell, et al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-7-21
	
In an Interplanetary Internet setting deploying the Bundling protocol
   being developed by the Delay Tolerant Networking Research Group, the
   Licklider Transmission Protocol (LTP), is intended to serve as a
   reliable convergence layer over single hop deep-space RF links. LTP
   does ARQ of data transmissions by soliciting selective-acknowledgment
   reception reports.  It is stateful and has no negotiation or
   handshakes.

   LTP is designed to provide retransmission-based reliability over
   links characterized by extremely long message round-trip times (RTTs)
   and/or frequent interruptions in connectivity.  Since communication
   across interplanetary space is the most prominent example of this
   sort of environment, LTP is principally aimed at supporting "long-
   haul" reliable transmission in interplanetary space, but has
   applications in other environments as well.

   This document describes extensions to LTP, and is part of a series of
   related documents describing LTP. Other documents in this series
   cover the motivation for LTP and the main protocol specification. We
   recommend reading all the documents in the series before writing code
   based on this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce