Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-otis-newtrk-rfc-set-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: XML structure for Set of RFC Descriptors
	Author(s)	: D. Otis
	Filename	: draft-otis-newtrk-rfc-set-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-7-15
	
   With many RFC updates resulting in differing RFC designations, this
   creates difficulty when determining which RFCs are significant for
   use within a particular endeavour.  Grouping RFC into sets that
   embody a specific endeavour would permit a stable reference for those
   interested in discovering the related details at a later date.  To
   provide current information related to the detailed adoption of the
   endeavour, encompassed by the set of RFCs, a formulaic html link will
   retrieve information stored in an IETF managed Status database.  It
   is also hoped the RFC Errata information will be made available in
   the same manner.

   This document proposes developing an Extensible Markup Language (XML)
   structure to define a set of RFCs related to a specific endeavour.
   The set would be limited to RFCs that are inter-related and describe
   an isolated function.  The set should not attempt to encompass
   diverse applications which utilize a broad range of separable
   functions.  The intent of this document is to provide an optimal
   means for locating relevant information made increasingly difficult
   with a growing number or RFCs, updates, and corrections.  The
   expectation in this effort is that any RFC not found within some ^set
   of RFCs^ is no longer relevant to any current endeavour.  Being
   within a ^set of RFCs^ does not infer any designation, other than an
   RFC within the set is useful for some current endeavour.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-newtrk-rfc-set-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-otis-newtrk-rfc-set-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-otis-newtrk-rfc-set-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce