Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hsu-xcast-bcp-2004-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Best Current Practices of XCAST (Explicit Multi-Unicast) by 2004
	Author(s)	: C. Hsu, et al.
	Filename	: draft-hsu-xcast-bcp-2004-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2005-7-22
	
In 2000, XCAST (Explicit Multi-Unicast) was first proposed as a
   protocol intended for small group multicasting. It combined three
   similar datagram simulcasting protocols that were submitted as
   earlier Internet Drafts by a number of different research groups.
   After that, researchers in those groups worked together to further
   develop, experiment and conduct standardization in IETF as well as in
   the open source community. This resulted in several implementations
   of protocol stacks, systems of multi-party video conference and group
   management, and mechanisms for harmonizing XCAST with ASM and SSM. In
   addition, an XCAST backbone for various experiments has been launched
   to operate inter-continentally.

   One of the main purposes of this document is to summarize the efforts
   undertaken by XCAST community as "best current practices" that would
   then be formally introduced to the IETF/IRTF community. In addition,
   we raise an issue concerning IANA resource allocation, which prevents
   us from widely expanding our experimental networks as well as
   distributing our software. Finally, we request IESG and other experts
   to check the validity of our proposed protocol and make any
   suggestions about how IANA can assign appropriate resources
   accordingly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hsu-xcast-bcp-2004-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hsu-xcast-bcp-2004-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hsu-xcast-bcp-2004-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce