Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kempf-mobopts-ringsig-ndproxy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Secure IPv6 Address Proxying using Multi-Key
                          Cryptographically Generated Addresses (MCGAs)
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, C. Gentry
	Filename	: draft-kempf-mobopts-ringsig-ndproxy-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-7-18
	
RFC 3971 and 3972 (SEND) define a protocol for securing resolution of 
a statelessly autoconfigured IPv6 address to a link address as 
defined by IPv6 Neighbor Discovery. SEND does this by requiring the 
autoconfigured addresses to be cryptographically generated by the 
host from an RSA public key. However, one drawback of SEND is that
such addresses cannot be securely proxied. Proxy Neighbor Discovery 
is important for Mobile IPv6 and in certain other cases. In this 
document, we describe an extension of SEND to addresses that are 
cryptographically generated using multiple public keys, called multi-
key CGAs. Neighbor Discovery messages for multi-key CGAs are signed 
with an RSA ring signature, a type of signature that can be generated 
using the private key of any node but which requires the public keys 
of multiple nodes to verify. Multi-key CGAs can be securely proxied 
by all nodes that contribute keys to the address. The advantage of 
multi-key CGAs over other techniques of secure address proxying, such 
as trusting the router or using an attribute certificate, is that it 
preserves location privacy. A receiver cannot determine from the IPv6 
address, ring signature, or cryptographic parameters whether the node 
or the proxy is defending the address, and hence whether the node is 
on or off the link.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mobopts-ringsig-ndproxy-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kempf-mobopts-ringsig-ndproxy-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mobopts-ringsig-ndproxy-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce