Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mahy-sipping-herfp-fix-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Solution to the Heterogeneous Error Response
                          Forking Problem (HERFP) in the Session
                          Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: R. Mahy
	Filename	: draft-mahy-sipping-herfp-fix-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2005-7-11
	
   The SIP protocol defines a role for proxy servers which can forward
   requests to multiple contacts associated with a specific resource or
   person.  While each of these contacts is expected to send a response
   of some kind, responses for each branch are not necessarily sent back
   to the original requester.  The proxy server forwards only the ^best^
   final response back to the original request.  This behavior causes a
   situation known as the Herterogeneous Error Response Forking Problem
   (HERFP) in which the original requester has no opportunity to see or
   fix a variety of potentially repairable errors.  This document
   describes a backwards compatible solution to the HERFP problem for
   INVITE transactions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahy-sipping-herfp-fix-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mahy-sipping-herfp-fix-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mahy-sipping-herfp-fix-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce