Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-vlan-usage-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Use of VLANs for IPv4-IPv6 Coexistence in Enterprise Networks
	Author(s)	: T. Chown
	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-vlan-usage-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-7-13
	
   Ethernet VLANs are quite commonly used in enterprise networks for the
   purposes of traffic segregation.  This document describes how such
   VLANs can be readily used to deploy IPv6 networking in an enterprise,
   which focuses on the scenario of early deployment prior to
   availability of IPv6-capable switch-router equipment.  In this method
   IPv6 may be routed in parallel with the existing IPv4 in the
   enterprise and delivered at Layer 2 via VLAN technology.  The IPv6
   connectivity to the enterprise may or may not enter the site via the
   same physical link.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-vlan-usage-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-v6ops-vlan-usage-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-vlan-usage-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce