Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kumaki-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interworking-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Operational, Deployment and Interworking 
                          Considerations for GMPLS
	Author(s)	: K. Kumaki, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kumaki-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interworking-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-7-21
	
In order to deploy GMPLS technology in the existing IP/MPLS networks, 
various operation, deployment and interworking aspect of MPLS/GMPLS 
needs to be addressed.  
                   
>From the deployment perspective, GMPLS architecture document lists 
[RFC3945] three different scenarios in which GMPLS technology can be 
deployed: overlay, augmented and integrated. Reference [GMPLS-mig] 
addresses the problem of migration from MPLS to GMPLS networks using 
the integrated model. This draft addresses the same problem space for 
augmented model and illustrates the applicability of augmented model 
in deploying GMPLS technology in existing IP/MPLS networks. 
                  
Another very important aspect of MPLS/GMPLS interworking is ability 
to effectively use GMPLS services in IP/MPLS networks. This includes 
ability to specify GMPLS LSPs in signaling requests based on the type 
of the setup desired, as well as considerations for the operation 
aspects of using GMPLS LSPs. 
                
In this draft, we highlight some deployment and MPLS/GMPLS 
interworking requirements and propose solutions to address them. We 
also highlight some operation aspects and the possible solution and 
provide applicability statement for the available options.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kumaki-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interworking-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kumaki-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interworking-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kumaki-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interworking-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce