Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stiemerling-hip-nat-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Middlebox Traversal Issues of Host Identity
                          Protocol (HIP) Communication
	Author(s)	: M. Stiemerling, et al.
	Filename	: draft-stiemerling-hip-nat-05.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2005-7-14
	
The Host Identity Protocol (HIP) fundamentally changes the way in
   which two Internet hosts communicate.  One key advantage over other
   schemes is that HIP does not require modifications to the traditional
   network-layer functionality of the Internet, i.e., its routers.  In
   the current Internet, however, many devices other than routers modify
   the traditional network-layer behavior of the Internet.  These
   "middleboxes" are intermediary devices that perform functions other
   than the standard functions of an IP router on the datagram path
   between source and destination hosts.  Whereas some types of
   middleboxes may not interfere with HIP at all, others can affect some
   aspects of HIP communication and others can render HIP communication
   impossible.  This document discusses the problems associated with HIP
   communication across network paths that include specific types of
   middleboxes, namely, network address translators and firewalls.  It
   identifies and discusses issues in the current HIP specifications
   that affect communication across these types of middleboxes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-hip-nat-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stiemerling-hip-nat-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-hip-nat-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce