Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-choi-pce-l1vpn-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Framework of PCEMP based Layer 1 Virtual Private Network
	Author(s)	: J. Choi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-choi-pce-l1vpn-framework-02.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2005-7-15
	
When path computation is done in the management systems for Layer 1
   Virtual Private Networks (L1 VPNs), it would be important that 
   resource information is synchronized between the management systems 
   and the Provider Edge /Provider (PE/P). This draft looks at such a
   scenario from the viewpoint of the Path Computation Element Metric
   Protocol (PCEMP) that acts a generic computation model for path
   based metrics in large multi-domain or multi-layer networks. This 
   draft shows how PCEMP messages might help preserving the path 
   computational entities in the L1 VPN peer nodes. 

   This draft proposes to show how a L1 VPN framework may be included
   within the scope of Path Computation Element architectures and is
   derived primarily from the motivation of per VPN peer service 
   solutions using PCE techniques. PCEMP metrics defining path quality 
   measurement criteria, algorithm complexity and scalability criteria 
   for L1 VPNs is in line with the functional specifications of 
   Generalized Traffic Engineered LSP path computation techniques 
   involving Path Computation Element(s) of the PCE WG Charter.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-choi-pce-l1vpn-framework-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-choi-pce-l1vpn-framework-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-choi-pce-l1vpn-framework-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce