Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-saito-mmusic-ipsec-negotiation-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for IPsec Negotiation in the SIP Framework 
	Author(s)	: M. Saito, S. Fujimoto
	Filename	: draft-saito-mmusic-ipsec-negotiation-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-7-7
	
   It is effective to connect the networked home appliances securely 
   using IPsec [1]. Generally, such devices cannot have the rich 
   calculation resources, and may use the dedicated transport protocol 
   for the media session. The advantages of IPsec are that it doesn't 
   require the rich resources, and is independent of the upper layer 
   protocol. In other words, it is applicable to the various 
   applications. On the other hand, same as the typical usage of IPsec, 
   these network devices should be connected to each other only when 
   they need. Therefore it is desired they can generate the IPsec 
   connections dynamically. Considering above, it makes sense to take 
   advantage of SIP [2] mechanism to build such framework. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saito-mmusic-ipsec-negotiation-req-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-saito-mmusic-ipsec-negotiation-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-saito-mmusic-ipsec-negotiation-req-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce