Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-shim6-reach-detect-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:50:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Shim6 Reachability Detection
	Author(s)	: I. van Beijnum
	Filename	: draft-ietf-shim6-reach-detect-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2005-7-14
	
This draft discusses the issues of detecting failures in a currently
used address pair between two hosts and picking a new address pair to
be used when a failure occurs. The input for these processes are
ordered lists of local and remote addresses that are reasonably likely
to work. (I.e., not include addresses that are known to be unreachable
for local reasons.) These lists must be available at both ends of the
communication, although the ordering may differ. Building these address
lists from locally available information and synchronizing them with
the remote end are outside the scope of this document.

This text is for the most part based on discussions on the multi6 list,
several multi6 design team lists and the shim6 list, with notable
contributions from Erik Nordmark and Marcelo Bagnulo

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-reach-detect-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-shim6-reach-detect-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-reach-detect-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce