Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-babiarz-rtecn-marking-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Discussion of Congestion Marking with RT-ECN
	Author(s)	: J. Babiarz
	Filename	: draft-babiarz-rtecn-marking-00.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-7-13
	
At the 62nd IETF meeting, it was requested that the authors of
   Congestion Notification Process for Real-Time Traffic (RT-ECN) draft
   look at rate proportional marking as an method of indicating that
   traffic has exceeded a configured rate.  In version 03 of RT-ECN
   draft (draft-babiarz-tsvwg-rtecn-03) we stated, when the rate exceeds
   the engineered traffic level, all packets as indicated by a DS
   codepoint from ECN-capable end-systems are marked to indicate
   congestion for the duration of the experienced congestion.  In this
   memo, we looked at the two approaches, provide analysis as well our
   conclusions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-babiarz-rtecn-marking-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-babiarz-rtecn-marking-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-babiarz-rtecn-marking-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce