Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cheng-nsis-flowid-issues-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NSIS Flow ID and packet classification issues
	Author(s)	: H. Cheng, et al.
	Filename	: draft-cheng-nsis-flowid-issues-01.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2005-7-19
	
In current NSIS signaling, Flow ID is used for multiple purposes,
   e.g., providing routing information for signaling traffic,
   identifying signaling state on NSIS nodes, and supplying packet
   classification information regarding the data flow being signaled.
   Due to the incompatibility of these functions, adverse effects are
   introduced into NSIS operation, especially when addressing
   information is complicated.  In this draft, three scenarios where the
   Flow ID cannot function properly are discussed, namely the Multiple
   address case, Make-before-break case, and Address variation case.  In
   view of this, a solution employing a separate NSLP payload object,
   i.e., Filter List, is proposed.  The solution solves the Flow ID
   usage problem in the three cases, and its operation details and
   impacts on different aspects of NSIS system are reviewed in the
   draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheng-nsis-flowid-issues-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cheng-nsis-flowid-issues-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cheng-nsis-flowid-issues-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce