Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-niemi-sipping-subnot-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Problems with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Events Framework
	Author(s)	: A. Niemi
	Filename	: draft-niemi-sipping-subnot-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2005-7-14
	
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events framework enables
   receiving asynchronous notification of events related to SIP systems.
   This framework defines the procedures for creating, refreshing and
   terminating subscriptions, as well as fetching and periodic polling
   of resource state.  These procedures have a serious deficiency in
   that they do not allow state to persist over a subscription refresh,
   or between two consecutive polls.  Another related but different
   problem relates to the relative intolerance of the framework to
   interferences in networking connectivity of subscribers in long-
   lasting subscriptions.  This document explains the problems in more
   detail and discusses possible solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-niemi-sipping-subnot-issues-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-niemi-sipping-subnot-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-niemi-sipping-subnot-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce