Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Basic Specification for IP Fast-Reroute: Loop-free Alternates
	Author(s)	: A. Atlas, A. Zinin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-04.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2005-7-18
	
This document describes the use of loop-free alternates to provide
   local protection for unicast traffic in pure IP and MPLS/LDP networks
   in the event of a single failure, whether link, node or shared risk
   link group (SRLG).  The goal of this technology is to reduce the
   micro-looping and packet loss that happens while routers converge
   after a topology change due to a failure.  Rapid failure repair is
   achieved through use of precalculated backup next-hops that are loop-
   free and safe to use until the distributed network convergence
   process completes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce