Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An architecture for edge-to-edge controlled
                          load service using distributed 
                          measurement-based admission control 
	Author(s)	: B. Briscoe, et al.
	Filename	: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2005-7-13
	
This document describes an architecture to achieve a Controlled Load 
(CL) service edge-to-edge, i.e. within a particular region of the 
Internet, by using distributed measurement-based admission control. The 
measurement made is of CL packets that have their Congestion 
Experienced (CE) codepoint set as they travel across the edge-to-edge 
region. Setting the CE codepoint, which is under the control of a new 
Per Hop Behaviour (CL-ramp-PHB, defined in draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-
00.txt), provides an ^early warning^ of potential congestion. This 
information is used by the ingress node of the edge-to-edge region to 
decide whether to admit a new CL microflow.  

A use case is described which shows how the PHB is a fundamental 
building block in the edge-to-edge architecture, and in turn how this 
is a building block within a broader QoS architecture achieving an end-
to-end CL service. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce