Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-inayat-mat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MAT: A Network Architecture for Supporting
                          Node Mobility in Wireless IP Networks
	Author(s)	: R. Inayat, et al.
	Filename	: draft-inayat-mat-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2005-7-14
	
This document describes MAT, a mobile network architecture that allows
smooth node mobility in wireless IP networks without using any packet
intercepter/forwarder.  The mobility solution is specifically designed
for time-sensitive real-time applications, particularly the applications
where payload tends to be short and packet header overhead is very
significant.  Connections are established as per permanent addresses of
the nodes but are carried on by the IP layer according to the temporary
addresses by address translation at the end nodes.  The mapping
information is maintained by database servers, which can be placed in
the Internet in a distributed manner.  TCP connections and security
associations can be preserved even if the node moves to another subnet
or the node changes its active interface in a multi-homed environment
without modifying TCP or IPsec.  In comparison with Mobile IPv4 and
IPv6, MAT has several advantages in terms of header overhead and fault
tolerance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-inayat-mat-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-inayat-mat-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-inayat-mat-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce