Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP/MPLS-GMPLS interworking in support of 
                          IP/MPLS to GMPLS migration
	Author(s)	: E. Oki, et al.
	Filename	: draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-7-19
	
Over time Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) traffic 
     engineered networks may be migrated to use Generalized MPLS 
     (GMPLS). This will allow the networks to benefit from many new 
     features that have been added to the GMPLS protocols. 
     Additionally, such migration will facilitate easy interworking 
     of packet networks that are controlled by IP/MPLS-TE protocols 
     and networks that are controlled by GMPLS protocols. 
      
     During this migration phase MPLS and GMPLS capable elements will  
     have to co-exist and interwork. GMPLS signaling and routing 
     protocols are subtly different from the MPLS protocols and so 
     interworking and migration strategies are needed. 

     This document describes issues associated with interworking of 
     IP/MPLS-TE networks and GMPLS-based optical networks. Then it 
     describes possible migration scenarios, mechanisms to compensate 
     for the differences between MPLS and GMPLS protocols, and how to 
     apply those mechanisms in order to achieve migration from MPLS 
     to GMPLS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce