Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pentland-dna-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6 Networks (DNAv6)
	Author(s)	: S. Narayanan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-pentland-dna-protocol-01.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2005-7-19
	
Efficient detection of network attachment in IPv6 needs the following
   two components: a method for the host to query routers on the link to
   identify the link (Link Identification) and a method for the routers
   on the link to consistently respond to such a query with minimal
   delay (Fast RA).  Solving the link identification based strictly on
   RFC 2461 is difficult because of the flexibilities offered to routers
   in terms of prefixes advertised in a router advertisement (RA)
   message.  Similarly, the random delay in responding to router
   solicitation messages imposed by RFC 2461 makes to it difficult to
   achieve fast RA.  A known set of solutions to these two problems was
   identified and catalogued by the DNA design team.  In this memo, an
   integrated solution is presented, based on a sub-set of the
   catalogued solutions.  This integrated solution consolidates most of
   the advantages of all known solutions while addressing most of the
   disadvantages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pentland-dna-protocol-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pentland-dna-protocol-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pentland-dna-protocol-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce