Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multi-Segment Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance
                          using LDP
	Author(s)	: F. Balus, et al.
	Filename	: draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-02.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2005-7-18
	
[MS PWE3 Requirements] describes the requirements to allow a service
    provider to extend the reach of pseudo-wires across multiple
    domains. A Multi-Segment PW is defined as a set of two or more
    contiguous PW segments that behave and function as a single point-
    to-point PW.

    The current specification of the PW Architecture [PW ARCH] defines
    the PW as a single Segment entity, connecting the Attachment
    Circuits between two Ultimate PEs (U-PE). The current procedures for
    establishing a single segment PW (SS-PW) is described in [PW
    Control], where typically an LDP session is established between the
    ultimate PEs handling the Pseudowire End Service (PWES). No
    intermediate nodes, between the PEs, are aware of the PW.

    The purpose of this draft is to specify new LDP extensions, end to
    end signaling procedures to address the related requirements
    specified in [MS-PWE3 Requirements]. The proposed procedures follow
    the guidelines defined in [RFC3036bis] and enable the usage of
    addressing schemes (L2FECs) and other TLVs already defined for PWs
    in [PW Control].

    The solution described in the draft provides a MS-PW Operational
    Model, Signaling Procedures consistent with the regular (SS-)PWs, in
    order to enable seamless implementation, deployment. The resulting
    MS-PW building blocks accommodate and enhance LDP-VPLS, VPWS
    solutions with minimal changes in the Information Models and
    Software Modules related to the L2VPN functionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-balus-mh-pw-control-protocol-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce