Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stott-behave-safenet-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SAFENeT:  Server-based Architecture For 
                          Enterprise NAT and Firewall Transversal
	Author(s)	: R. Townsend, D. Stott
	Filename	: draft-stott-behave-safenet-00.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2005-7-5
	
   One of the main challenges hindering the acceptance of VoIP is a 
   standards-based solution for traversing middleboxes such as Network 
   Address Translation (NAT) and FireWall (FW) boxes.  This Internet-
   Draft presents SAFENeT, a protocol that is intended to operate in an 
   enterprise environment and that allows the accommodation of real-time 
   services by the call server, internal to the enterprise network, to 
   communicate with the NAT/FW to enable the transversal of real-time 
   services including VoIP.  This document describes the SAFENeT 
   architecture and protocol and shows how it overcomes the problems 
   caused by NATs/FWs.  The SAFENeT architecture also enables security 
   features such as data confidentiality and digital integrity to be 
   used for the VoIP traffic traversing the NAT/FW.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stott-behave-safenet-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stott-behave-safenet-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stott-behave-safenet-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce