Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-singh-capwap-ctp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: CAPWAP Tunneling Protocol (CTP)
	Author(s)	: I. Singh, et al.
	Filename	: draft-singh-capwap-ctp-02.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 2005-7-5
	
With the overwhelming choice of proprietary implementations of 
   centralized control and management of wireless access points and 
   access controllers there is a great demand for a standard protocol 
   and architecture that enables the deployment of large scale wireless 
   networks. 
    
   This document describes the CAPWAP Tunneling Protocol, a protocol 
   that allows for the centralized control and provisioning of a large 
   number of wireless access points from access controllers.  It is 
   supported by an architecture where the MAC layer of the RF technology 
   is terminated within the AP.  This allows for the protocol to be 
   extensible to multiple radio technologies.  It assumes an IP 
   connection between the access points and access controllers and has 
   signaling primitives to enable wireless station mobility between 
   access points.  Therefore, seamless Layer 3 subnet mobility is 
   seamlessly enabled by this protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singh-capwap-ctp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-singh-capwap-ctp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-singh-capwap-ctp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce