Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-abid-eap-osfr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: OSFR (Optimized network Selection for Fast Roaming)
	Author(s)	: M. Abid, et al.
	Filename	: draft-abid-eap-osfr-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-7-13
	
   In a public WLAN hotspot, we need to have an easy and secure way to
   authenticate users. We have to find also mobility solutions, given 
   by providers, to perform well the roaming. A roaming mobile terminal
   MT may be within radio range of more than one access point AP.
   Therefore, we need to make an intelligent network selection decision
   after receiving some roaming information. Currently, the information
   is typically provisioned on the MTs as static roaming tables. But,
   this approach is not scalable when there is a large number of access
   points.

   In this draft, we propose our solution called OSFR, Optimized Network
   Selection for Fast Roaming to improve association speed and
   scalability. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-abid-eap-osfr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-abid-eap-osfr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-abid-eap-osfr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce