Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:50:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Delay-Tolerant Network Architecture
	Author(s)	: V. Cerf, et al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-03.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2005-7-19
	
This document describes an architecture for delay-tolerant and 
   disruption-tolerant networks, and is an evolution of the architecture 
   originally designed for the Interplanetary Internet, a communication 
   system envisioned to provide Internet-like services across 
   interplanetary distances in support of deep space exploration.  This 
   document describes an architecture that addresses a variety of 
   problems with internetworks having operational and performance 
   characteristics that make conventional (Internet-like) networking 
   approaches either unworkable or impractical.  We define a message-
   oriented overlay that exists above the transport (or other) layers of 
   the networks it interconnects.  The document presents a motivation 
   for the architecture, an architectural overview, review of state 
   management required for its operation, and a discussion of 
   application design issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce