Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-alexander-congestion-status-preconditions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Congestion Status Precondition for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: C. Alexander, J. Rutledge
	Filename	: draft-alexander-congestion-status-preconditions-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2005-7-13
	
   This document defines the Congestion Status precondition for SIP,
   utilizing the framework defined in RFC 3312 and updated in RFC 4032.
   The Congestion Status precondition requires that the participant
   verify that congestion thresholds along the network path for the
   session media have not been exceeded before continuing with session
   establishment or modification.  This verification is performed via an
   RTP probe utilizing draft ^Congestion Notification Process for Real-
   Time Traffic^ and draft ^RTP Payload Format for ECN Probing^.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-alexander-congestion-status-preconditions-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-alexander-congestion-status-preconditions-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-alexander-congestion-status-preconditions-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce