Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-ctrl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Propagation of VPLS IP Multicast Group
                          Membership Information
	Author(s)	: R. Aggarwal, et al.
	Filename	: draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-ctrl-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-7-12
	
   The PEs participating in VPLS need to learn the IP multicast group
   membership information from remote VPLS sites to enable them to send
   an IP multicast packet to only those other PEs in the VPLS that have
   receivers interested in that particular IP multicast packet's
   multicast source and group. This document describes procedures for
   propagating multicast control information, learned from local Virtual

   Private LAN Service (VPLS) sites, to remote VPLS sites. IGMP or PIM
   snooping is required only on the customer facing interfaces. The
   procedures do not require IGMP or PIM snooping on the Service
   Provider backbone links. Instead they use reliable protocol messages
   to exchange multicast control information between the PEs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-ctrl-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-ctrl-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-raggarwa-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-ctrl-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce