Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dutta-mip6-ra-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Securing Home Agent List in MIP6 
	Author(s)	: S. Dutta, et al.
	Filename	: draft-dutta-mip6-ra-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2005-7-8
	
   This document identifies one type of the denial of service attack 
   which can be possible in Mobile IP6 and tries to propose a solution 
   for same.  
    
   Currently in MIP6 each Home Agent is required to maintain a home 
   agent list. This home agent list is generated by receiving RA 
   messages on the home link and the addresses learned are sent to 
   Mobile node when it does Home Agent discovery. On learning this list  
   MN tries to register with addresses in this list one by one in order 
   of preference. Now if the home network is flooded with spurious RA 
   packets having high preference value the home agent list is populated 
   with non reachable addresses and no mobile node is able to register 
   from that home network 
    
   This document proposes to first carry out reachability confirmation 
   for each home agent entry before adding to Home Agent list  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dutta-mip6-ra-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dutta-mip6-ra-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dutta-mip6-ra-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce