Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vitali-ietf-avt-mdc-lc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Standard-compatible Multiple-Description
                          Coding (MDC) and Layered Coding (LC) of
                          Audio/Video Streams
	Author(s)	: A. Vitali, M. Fumagalli
	Filename	: draft-vitali-ietf-avt-mdc-lc-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2005-7-13
	
   This document specifies an efficient way to ensure erasure resilient,
   scalable transmission of encoded multimedia sources via RTP using
   standard-compatible Multiple Description Coding (MDC) and Layered
   Coding (LC) together with interleaving, thus allowing a graceful
   degradation of the application quality with increasing packet loss
   rate and decreasing bandwidth/throughput on the network.

   This document describes what information needs to be communicated
   out-of-band to use a specific MDC/LC scheme and what information is
   needed in RTP packets to identify what description/layer they carry.
   Definitions for SDP and MIME are provided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vitali-ietf-avt-mdc-lc-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vitali-ietf-avt-mdc-lc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vitali-ietf-avt-mdc-lc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce