Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-morishita-dnsop-anycast-node-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:50:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP Anycast Node for Authotitative Name Server Requirements
	Author(s)	: Y. Morishita, et al.
	Filename	: draft-morishita-dnsop-anycast-node-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-7-14
	
   IP anycasting [1] is a technology for sharing an IP address for
   Internet services in multiple servers.  It is now being deployed for
   authoritative name servers, especially root name servers.  RFC 3258
   [2] describes a set of practices to provide for IP anycasting.

   And operators of authoritative name servers can also refer to RFC
   2182 [3] and 2870 [4] for general guidance on appropriate practice
   for authoritative name servers.

   This memo describes details of requirements and preconditions for
   making authoritative name servers which are needed in real Internet,
   to realize the practices in RFC 2182, 2870 and 3258.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morishita-dnsop-anycast-node-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-morishita-dnsop-anycast-node-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-morishita-dnsop-anycast-node-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce