Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-meglio-irc-preconn-umodes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simple Extension to the IRC Protocol for 
                          Pre-Connection Usermode Setting
	Author(s)	: D. Meglio
	Filename	: draft-meglio-irc-preconn-umodes-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-8-23
	
   RFC2812 introduced the ability to set certain usermodes before
   connection has occurred via a simple extension to the USER command.
   However, this implementation is believed to be excessively limiting.
   The RFC2812 implementation only allows a limited number of modes (+i
   and +w) to be set.  Modern IRC servers provide many more modes and a
   method is necessary to set these modes at the pre-connection stage.

   Therefore, this specification introduces a method to allow users to
   set arbitrary usermodes at the pre-connection stage while maintaining
   backward compatibility with RFC2812.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-meglio-irc-preconn-umodes-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-meglio-irc-preconn-umodes-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-meglio-irc-preconn-umodes-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce