Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-willis-sip-answeralert-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requesting Answering and Alerting Modes for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: D. Willis, A. Allen
	Filename	: draft-willis-sip-answeralert-01.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2005-8-31
	
This document defines three SIP extension header fields and
   associated option tags that can be used in INVITE requests to convey
   the requester's preference for user-interface handling of that
   request.  The first header, "Answer-Mode", expresses a preference as
   to whether the target node's user interface waits for user input
   before accepting the request or instead accepts the request without
   waiting on user input.  The second header, "Priv-Answer-Mode" is
   similar to the second, except that it requests administrative-level
   access and has consequent additional authentication and authorization
   requirements.  The third header, "Alert-Mode", expresses a preference
   as to whether the target node's user interface alerts the user about
   the request.  These behaviors have applicability to applications such
   as Push-to-Talk and to diagnostics like loop-back.  This document
   also defines use of the SIP extension header field "Answer-Mode" in a
   response to an INVITE request to inform the requester as to which
   answer mode was actually applied to this request.  There are
   significant security considerations, especially when an answering
   mode option is used in conjunction with an alerting mode option.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-willis-sip-answeralert-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-willis-sip-answeralert-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-willis-sip-answeralert-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce