Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-messaging-report-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Report of the 2004 IAB Messaging Workshop
	Author(s)	: P. Resnick, P. Saint-Andre
	Filename	: draft-iab-messaging-report-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2005-8-15
	
   This document reports the outcome of a workshop held by the Internet
   Architecture Board (IAB) on the future of Internet messaging.  The
   workshop was held on 6 and 7 October 2004 in Burlingame, CA, USA.
   The goal of the workshop was to examine the current state of
   different messaging technologies on the Internet (including, but not
   limited to, electronic mail, instant messaging, and voice messaging),
   look at their commonalities and differences, and find engineering,
   research, and architectural topics on which future work could be
   done.  This report summarizes the discussions and conclusions of the
   workshop and of the IAB.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-messaging-report-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iab-messaging-report-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iab-messaging-report-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce