Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Identity selection hints for Extensible 
                          Authentication Protocol (EAP)
	Author(s)	: F. Adrangi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-14.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2005-8-15
	
The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is defined in [RFC3748].
   This document defines a mechanism that allows an access network to
   provide identity selection hints to an EAP peer - the end of the link
   that responds to the authenticator.  The purpose is to assist the EAP
   peer in selecting an appropriate Network Access Identifier (NAI).
   This is useful in situations where the peer does not receive a lower
   layer indication of what network it is connecting to, or when there
   is no direct roaming relationship between the access network and the
   peer's home network.  In the latter case, authentication is typically
   accomplished via a mediating network such as a roaming consortium or
   broker.

   The mechanism defined in this document is limited in its scalability.
   It is intended for access networks that have a small to moderate
   number of direct roaming partners.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-14.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-14.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-14.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce