Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhang-mipshop-proactive-cot-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Proactive Care-of Address Test for Route Optimization in FMIPv6
	Author(s)	: J. Zhang, D. Pearce
	Filename	: draft-zhang-mipshop-proactive-cot-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-8-10
	
   This document proposes a practical scheme to run the care-of address
   test (part of the Return Routability test for Mobile IPv6 route
   optimization) in a proactive way in the context of the Fast Handovers
   for Mobile IPv6 (FMIPv6) protocol, so that the latency caused by the
   care-of address test after movements can be removed or reduced.
   Proactive care-of address test can make the Return Rroutability
   protocol more suitable for delay sensitive applications especially
   when it is applied in conjunction with other Return Routability
   optimization schemes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-mipshop-proactive-cot-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zhang-mipshop-proactive-cot-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zhang-mipshop-proactive-cot-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce