Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-duker-as2-reliability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Operational Reliability for EDIINT AS2 
	Author(s)	: J. Duker, D. Moberg
	Filename	: draft-duker-as2-reliability-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2005-8-12
	
The goal of this document is to define approaches to achieve a ^once 
and only once^ delivery of messages. The EDIINT AS2 protocol is 
implemented by a number of software tools on a variety of platforms 
with varying capabilities and with varying network service quality. 
Although the AS2 protocol defines a unique ^Message-ID^, current 
implementations of AS2 do not provide a standard method to prevent 
the same message (re-transmitted by the initial sender) from reaching 
back-end business applications at the initial receiver. TCP 
underpinnings of HTTP over which AS2 operates generally provide a 
good quality of network connectivity, but experience indicates a need 
to be able to compensate for both transient server and socket 
exceptions, including ^Connection refused^ as well as ^Server busy.^ 
In addition, difficulties with server availability, stability, and 
loads can result in reduced operational reliability. This document 
describes some ways to compensate for exceptions and enhance the 
reliability of AS2 protocol operation. Implementation of these 
reliability features is indicated by presence of the ^AS2-
Reliability^ value in the EDIINT-Features header.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duker-as2-reliability-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-duker-as2-reliability-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-duker-as2-reliability-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce