Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-templin-linkadapt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Link Adaptation for IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnels
	Author(s)	: F. Templin
	Filename	: draft-templin-linkadapt-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-8-17
	
   IPv6-in-IPv4 tunneling mechanisms support the minimum IPv6 MTU of
   1280 bytes via static prearrangements at the tunnel encapsulator
   and/or dynamic MTU determination based on ICMPv4 messages, but these
   methods have known operational limitations.  This document proposes a
   new MTU determination mechanism for IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnels that uses a
   link adaptation scheme with simplified IPv4 segmentation/reassembly
   and dynamic segment size probing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-linkadapt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-templin-linkadapt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-templin-linkadapt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce