Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bridge MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges 
                          with Traffic Classes, Multicast Filtering and
                          Virtual LAN Extensions
	Author(s)	: D. Harrington, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-07.txt
	Pages		: 106
	Date		: 2005-8-22
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP based internets.
   In particular, it defines two MIB modules for managing the
   capabilities of MAC bridges defined by the IEEE 802.1D-1998 (TM) MAC
   Bridges and the IEEE 802.1Q-2003 (TM) Virtual LAN (VLAN) standards
   for bridging between Local Area Network (LAN) segments.  One MIB
   module defines objects for managing the 'Traffic Classes' and
   'Enhanced Multicast Filtering' components of IEEE 802.1D-1998 and
   P802.1t-2001 (TM).  The other MIB module defines objects for managing
   VLANs, as specified in IEEE 802.1Q-2003, P802.1u (TM) and P802.1v
   (TM).

   Provisions are made for support of transparent bridging.  Provisions
   are also made so that these objects apply to bridges connected by
   subnetworks other than LAN segments.

   This memo supplements RFC 1493bis, and obsoletes RFC 2674.
   (NOTE for RFC Ed.: all instances of 'RFC 1493bis' will need to be
   updated to reflect the new RFC number for draft-ietf-bridge-
   bridgemib-smiv2-10.txt)

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce