Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chen-mip6-gprs-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement for MIPv6 Interactions with
                          GPRS/UMTS Packet Filtering
	Author(s)	: X. Chen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-chen-mip6-gprs-04.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-8-16
	
This document provides an analysis of certain inter-working problems 
between IPv6 nodes running Mobile IPv6, at least one of which is 
connected to a  Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)  
specified General Packet Radio Service/Universal Mobile Tele- 
communications System (GPRS/UMTS) network. The inter-working problems 
are caused by some specific packet filtering operations at the edge  
of the GPRS/UMTS network which are applied to control access to the 
GPRS/UMTS services and network resources. However, we believe that 
other scenarios may exist in which similar packet filtering  
operations may be applied and that similar problems would arise in 
these more general scenarios. 
        
The GPRS Gateway Support Node (GGSN) checks the source  address or  
the destination address in the basic IPv6 header of incoming or  
outgoing IP datagrams against a set of packet filtering information 
established during the GPRS/UMTS session set-up. The packet filtering 
information remains stable during the sessions and independent of 
Mobile IP. When MIPv6 is activated by either end of the IPv6 mobile  
nodes, the packet filtering  will fail to perform properly and  
subsequently block the traffic due to the mismatch between the packet 
filters and the current source address or destination address in the  
basic IPv6 header of the IP datagrams to and from the IPv6 mobile  
nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-mip6-gprs-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chen-mip6-gprs-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chen-mip6-gprs-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce