Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stewart-sctpstrrst-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Stream Reset
	Author(s)	: R. Stewart, et al.
	Filename	: draft-stewart-sctpstrrst-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-8-29
	
   Many applications that desire to use SCTP have requested the ability
   to ^reset^ a stream.  The intention of resetting a stream is to start
   the numbering sequence of the stream back at 'zero' with a
   corresponding notification to the upper layer that this act as been
   performed.  The applications that have requested this feature
   normally desire it so that they can ^re-use^ streams for different
   purposes but still utilize the stream sequence number for the
   application to track the message flows.  Thus, without this feature,
   a new use on an old stream would result in message numbers larger
   than expected without a protocol mechanism to ^start the streams back
   at zero^.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stewart-sctpstrrst-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stewart-sctpstrrst-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stewart-sctpstrrst-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce