Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Transmission of IP Datagrams over DVB-S2
	Author(s)	: J. Cantillo, et al.
	Filename	: draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2005-9-20
	
This document describes a framework for the transport of IP datagrams
   over DVB-S2, the second generation standard for Digital Video
   Broadcast over Satellite.  The new standard features an improved and
   adaptive physical layer, as well as a new framing structure at link
   level, the Generic Streams.  Combined use of adaptability and Generic
   Streams is expected to offer throughputs never achieved for IP
   services up to now, but no standard way to carry IP data using the
   specific features of DVB-S2 has been defined yet.  The present
   document analyzes these issues, and it identifies the requirements
   for the definition of a standard interface between the DVB-S2 link
   layer and an IP subnetwork.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce