Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-li-as-hopcount-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The AS Hopcount Path Attribute
	Author(s)	: T. Li, et al.
	Filename	: draft-li-as-hopcount-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-9-30
	
This document describes the AS hopcount path attribute for BGP.  This
   is an optional, transitive path attribute that is designed to help
   limit the distribution of routing information in the Internet.

   By default, prefixes advertised into the BGP mesh are distributed
   freely, and if not blocked by policy will propagate globally.  This
   is harmful to the scalability of the routing subsystem since
   information that only has a local effect on routing will cause state
   creation throughout the default-free zone.  This attribute can be
   attached to a particular path to limit its scope to a subset of the
   Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-as-hopcount-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-li-as-hopcount-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-li-as-hopcount-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce