Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-akhunger-ad-insert-multicast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Inserting Advertisements in IP multicast
	Author(s)	: A. Khunger
	Filename	: draft-akhunger-ad-insert-multicast-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-9-2
	
   Providing a Standard method for Addition of regional Advertisements
   in the IP Multicast Video Streaming is very important , because the
   equipment deployed would most likely be from different vendors across
   a multicast network.

   The idea is to introduce a special kind of Enhanced IGMP Ad-Insert
   control packet, which is passed from the multicast source to
   intermediate routers and which indicates that the source is going to
   stop sending multicast traffic for a particular group for specified
   time and the Regional center can utilize this time to insert its
   regional advertisement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-akhunger-ad-insert-multicast-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-akhunger-ad-insert-multicast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-akhunger-ad-insert-multicast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce