Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Why Authentication Data suboption is needed for MIP6
	Author(s)	: B. Patil, G. Dommety
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-9-12
	
   Mobile IPv6 defines a set of messages that enable the mobile node
   (MN) to authenticate and perform registration with its home agent
   (HA).  These authentication signaling messages between the mobile
   node and home agent are secured by an IPsec SA that is established
   between the MN and HA.  The MIP6 working group has proposed a
   mechanism to secure the binding update and binding acknowledgement
   messages using an authentication option, similar to the
   authentication option in Mobile IPv4, carried within the messages
   that are exchanged between the MN and HA to establish a binding.
   This document provides the justifications as to why the
   authentication option mechanism is needed for Mobile IPv6 deployment
   in certain deployment environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce