Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Long-Term Archive and Notary Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using SCVP to Convey Long-term Evidence Records
	Author(s)	: C. Wallace
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-9-29
	
   The Simple Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP) defines an
   extensible means of delegating the development and validation of
   certification paths to a server.  It can be used to support the
   development and validation of certification paths well after the
   expiration of the certificates in the path by specifying a time of
   interest in the past.  The Evidence Record Syntax (ERS) defines
   structures, called evidence records, to support non-repudiation of
   existence of data.  Evidence records can be used to preserve
   materials that comprise a certification path such that trust can be
   established in the certificates after the expiration of the
   certificates in the path and after the cryptographic algorithms used
   to sign the certificates in the path are no longer secure.  This
   document describes an application of SCVP to serve this purpose using
   the WantBack feature of SCVP to convey evidence records.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce