Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-krovetz-umac-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: UMAC: Message Authentication Code using Universal Hashing
	Author(s)	: T. Krovetz
	Filename	: draft-krovetz-umac-05.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2005-9-27
	
This specification describes how to generate an authentication tag
   using the UMAC message authentication algorithm.  UMAC is designed to
   be very fast to compute in software on contemporary uniprocessors.
   Measured speeds are as low as one cycle per byte.  UMAC relies on
   addition of 32-bit and 64-bit numbers and multiplication of 32-bit
   numbers, operations well-supported by contemporary machines.

   To generate the authentication tag on a given message, a "universal"
   hash function is applied to the message and key to produce a short,
   fixed-length hash value, and this hash value is then xor'ed with a
   key-derived pseudorandom pad.  UMAC enjoys a rigorous security
   analysis and its only internal "cryptographic" use is a block cipher
   to generate the pseudorandom pads and internal key material.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krovetz-umac-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-krovetz-umac-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-krovetz-umac-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce