Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mao-cdnc-idn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:50:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Proposal for Internationalizing ccTLD Names 
	Author(s)	: H. Li
	Filename	: draft-mao-cdnc-idn-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-9-9
	
There are great demands on using someone's native language to surf 
the Internet around the world. Internationalized domain name system 
has been introduced to meet the demand. However, due to many 
technical and policy issues, IDN may provide malicious rogues the 
opportunities to mislead users to unintended third party website, 
thus cause security issues and threat the stabilization of the 
Internet. CDNC recognize the complexity of the issue and make advises 
to avoid the threat. To simplify the issue, CDNC suggest 
internationalize the ccTLD before any moves on gTLD. Also, the 
approval on internationalize a ccTLD should based on the readiness of 
the respective registry and the support from the respective 
government. The following document fully demonstrated the principles 
and procedure to internationalize ccTLD that recommended by CDNC. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mao-cdnc-idn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mao-cdnc-idn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mao-cdnc-idn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce