Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Non-Routable IPv6 Prefix for Keyed Hash Identifiers (KHI)
	Author(s)	: P. Nikander, et al.
	Filename	: draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-9-2
	
   This document introduces Keyed Hash Identifiers (KHI) as a new,
   experimental class of IPv6-address-lookalike identifiers.  They are
   constructed to be statistically globally unique.  They are intended
   to be used as identifiers only, and not as locators.  They should not
   appear in actual IPv6 headers.  Consequently, they are considered as
   non-routable addresses from the IPv6 point of view.

   These identifiers are expected to be used at the existing IPv6 API
   and application protocols between consenting hosts.  They may be
   defined and used in different contexts, suitable for different
   protocols.  Examples of these include Host Identity Tags (HIT) in the
   Host Identity Protocol (HIP) and Temporary Mobile Identifiers (TMI)
   for Mobile IPv6 Privacy Extension.

   This document requests IANA to allocate a temporary prefix out of the
   IPv6 addressing space for Keyed Hash Identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce