Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Label Switched Path Stitching with Generalized MPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: A. Ayyangar, J. Vasseur
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-02.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2005-9-23
	
In certain scenarios, there may be a need to combine together
   different Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Label
   Switched Paths (LSPs) such that in the data plane, a single end-to-
   end (e2e) LSP is realized and all traffic from one LSP is switched
   onto the other LSP.  We will refer to this as "LSP stitching".  This
   document covers cases where: a) the node performing the stitching
   does not require configuration of every LSP pair to be stitched
   together b) the node performing the stitching is not the egress of
   any of the LSPs c) LSP stitching not only results in an end-to-end
   LSP in the data plane, but there is also a corresponding end-to-end
   LSP (RSVP session) in the control plane.

   It may be possible to configure a GMPLS node to switch the traffic
   from an LSP for which it is the egress, to another LSP for which it
   is the ingress, without requiring any signaling or routing extensions
   whatsoever, completely transparent to other nodes.  This will also
   result in LSP stitching in the data plane.  However, this document
   does not cover this scenario of LSP stitching.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce