Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hares-trill-multicast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Link State For Rbidges
	Author(s)	: S. Hares
	Filename	: draft-hares-trill-multicast-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2005-10-20
	
   Rbridges are transparent Layer 2 bridges that provide the ability to
   have an entire campus, with multiple physical links look like a
   single subnet.  The Rbridge technology utilizes Rbridges to link
   together Layer 2 areas using spanning trees to calculate paths.  The
   Rbridges run a link state protocol to determine the least cost paths
   Rbridges and exchange information about the location of MAC
   addresses.  The Rbridges will run a level 1 or a single area routing
   protocol.  To forward multicast packets, the Rbirdges may treat these
   as broadcast (sending the packets to all Rbridges) or use methods to
   snoop the Multicast MAC addresses (GARP, MAC learning) or IP/MAC
   address packets (IGMP/PIM snooping).

   Multicast Link State Rbridge connections suggest a Hybrid Multicast
   Link state extensions to ISIS and OSPF for Rbridges.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hares-trill-multicast-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hares-trill-multicast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hares-trill-multicast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce