Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hares-rnp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Radio Network Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Hares, N. Bhandaru
	Filename	: draft-hares-rnp-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-10-20
	
   The CAPWAP problem statement describes a problem that needs to be
   addressed before a wireless LAN (WLAN) network designer can construct
   a solution composed of Wireless Termination Points (WTP) and Access
   Controllers (AC) from multiple, different vendors.  One of the
   primary goals is to find a solution that solves the interoperability
   between the two classes of devices (WTPs and ACs) which then enables
   an AC from one vendor to control and manage a WTP from another.  RNP
   is a protocol that supports the management of WTP's Radio
   information, Session Parameters, Data Forwarding and interaction with
   the Wireless Portal.  The RNP protocol consists of five sub-
   protocols: RNP-DT (Data Tunneling), RNP-SM (Session Management),
   RNP-RC (Radio Control), RNP-DF (Data Forwarding), and RNP-WP
   (Wireless Portal).  The RTP protocol with it's family of protocol
   provides a complete control situation for the CAPWAP environment.  In
   many ways, RNP provides a super set of the RNP requiremetns.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hares-rnp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hares-rnp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hares-rnp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce