Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dang-nistkdf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Hash-Based Key Derivation
	Author(s)	: Q. Dang, T. Polk
	Filename	: draft-dang-nistkdf-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-10-14
	
   This draft specifies a Key Derivation Function (KDF) used to derive 
   secret symmetric keying material for participating parties from a 
   secret value and application specific information. The KDF is based 
   on concatenation and a secure hash function. The length in bits of 
   secret keying material that can be generated by the KDF is limited to 
   (2**32 - 1) times the length in bits of the output block of the hash 
   function. The derived keying material is a concatenation of the 
   outputs of the hashing operations. Inputs to the hash function are 
   incremented counter values, one for each separate hashing operation; 
   the secret value; an optional algorithm identifier; identifiers for 
   the participating parties, and optional protocol specific 
   information. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dang-nistkdf-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dang-nistkdf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dang-nistkdf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce