Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zi-pwe3-link-aggr-member-status-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Link Aggregation Member Interface Status Signal
	Author(s)	: Z. Kang, L. Jun
	Filename	: draft-zi-pwe3-link-aggr-member-status-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-10-20
	
   Link Aggregation can be used as Attachment Circuit (AC) of the PWE3 
   service. Link Aggregation is treated as a single interface. But 
   changes in the the member interface may affect use of the aggregated 
   link. 

   This draft suggests a method to signal the status of the member 
   interface of Link Aggregation AC to remote Provider Edge (PE) device. 
   With this status information, the remote PE can decide to discard 
   traffic over bandwidth, avoid congestion at local PE and avoid wasted 
   bandwidth of the Packet Switched Network (PSN).  

   This mechanism is required in PWE3 applications because pseudo-wires 
   provide layer 1/layer 2 services, carrying traffic that may not 
   respond to loss events by executing congestion avoidance 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zi-pwe3-link-aggr-member-status-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zi-pwe3-link-aggr-member-status-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zi-pwe3-link-aggr-member-status-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce