Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kulmala-l3vpn-interas-option-d-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Inter AS option for BGP/MPLS IP VPN
	Author(s)	: M. Kulmala, et al.
	Filename	: draft-kulmala-l3vpn-interas-option-d-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-10-6
	
This document describes an additional option to the 'Multi-AS 
   Backbones' section of [RFC2547]. This option combines per VPN VRFs at
   the Autonomous System Border Router (ASBR) as described in 'Option a'
   with EBGP redistribution of labeled VPN-IPv4 routes as described in 
   'Option b'. 

   In contrast to 'Option a' however, per VPN VRFs at the 
   ASBR are not associated to interfaces. Interfaces between ASBR pairs
   in separate ASes use MPLS-labeled packets to forward traffic. In this 
   Multi-AS option, the ASBR installs VPN-IPv4 routes into VRFs. Once 
   installed in a VRF at the ASBR, best path selection is performed, 
   and selected routes are converted to VPN-IPv4 routes by the addition
   of Route Target (RT) and Route Distinguisher (RD) values as
   configured per VRF at the ASBR. If attached ASBR pairs belonging to
   separate ASes make use of this Multi-AS option, then VRF based route
   filtering policies via RTs is achieved directly between ASBR pairs,
   independent of PE based RT filtering within an AS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kulmala-l3vpn-interas-option-d-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kulmala-l3vpn-interas-option-d-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kulmala-l3vpn-interas-option-d-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce