Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Optimized Link-State Routing Protocol version 2
	Author(s)	: T. Clausen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-00.txt
	Pages		: 69
	Date		: 2005-10-21
	
   This document describes version 2 of the Optimized Link State Routing
   (OLSRv2) protocol for mobile ad hoc networks.  The protocol is an
   optimization of the classical link state algorithm tailored to the
   requirements of a mobile wireless LAN.

   The key optimization of OLSRv2 is that of multipoint relays,
   providing an efficient mechanism for network-wide broadcast of link-
   state information.  A secondary optimization is, that OLSRv2 employs
   partial link-state information: each node maintains information of
   all destinations, but only a subset of links.  This allows that only
   select nodes diffuse link-state advertisements (i.e. reduces the
   number of network-wide broadcasts) and that these advertisements
   contain only a subset of links (i.e. reduces the size of each
   network-wide broadcast).  The partial link-state information thus
   obtained allows each OLSRv2 node to at all times maintain optimal (in
   terms of number of hops) routes to all destinations in the network.

   OLSRv2 imposes minimum requirements to the network by not requiring
   sequenced or reliable transmission of control traffic.  Furthermore,
   the only interaction between OLSRv2 and the IP stack is routing table
   management.

   OLSRv2 is particularly suitable for large and dense networks as the
   technique of MPRs works well in this context.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce