Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-weniger-rota-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Route Optimization and Location Privacy using Tunneling Agents (ROTA)
	Author(s)	: K. Weniger, T. Aramaki
	Filename	: draft-weniger-rota-01.txt
	Pages		: 48
	Date		: 2005-10-21
	
Mobile IPv6 in route optimization mode reveals mobile node's care-of
   address to the correspondent node and hence cannot provide location
   privacy.  In contrast, Mobile IPv6 in bi-directional tunneling mode
   can provide location privacy, but the resulting route may be far from
   optimal, especially when correspondent node is mobile as well.  This
   may be an issue for conversational mobile-to-mobile communication
   scenarios, e.g., using VoIP.  The draft discusses the problem of
   providing both location privacy and route optimization with Mobile
   IPv6 and describes a solution in terms of an optional extension to
   Mobile IPv6.  The basic idea is that mobile nodes switch the reverse
   tunnel endpoint in bi-directional tunneling mode from their home
   agent to a so-called tunneling agent in an on-demand manner.  To
   ensure location privacy, the tunneling agent selection is done by the
   home agents.  The solution does not require the mobile node to change
   its home address and does not rely on visited network support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weniger-rota-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-weniger-rota-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-weniger-rota-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce