Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-boddapati-mpls-pim-ldp-p2mp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: P2MP LSP Setup using PIM-SSM and LDP
	Author(s)	: S. Boddapati, V. Hemige
	Filename	: draft-boddapati-mpls-pim-ldp-p2mp-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-10-21
	
There is emerging interest in the use of MPLS LSPs for the delivery of 
multicast traffic. Efficient delivery of multicast traffic using MPLS 
requires P2MP LSPs. This document describes a mechanism to setup P2MP 
LSPs using PIM-SSM and LDP. PIM-SSM is a widely deployed multicast 
routing protocol and has well defined procedures for signalling 
multicast traffic. LDP is a well defined mechanism for distribution of 
 
MPLS labels. Utilizing both PIM-SSM and LDP for setting up P2MP LSPs 
keeps the clear separation between signalling and label distribution,  
and minimizes changes to both protocols. PIM-SSM signals when to receive 
multicast traffic and LDP distributes label information regarding how to 
receive multicast traffic. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boddapati-mpls-pim-ldp-p2mp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-boddapati-mpls-pim-ldp-p2mp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-boddapati-mpls-pim-ldp-p2mp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce