Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stewart-behave-sctpnat-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Network Address Translation
	Author(s)	: R. Stewart, M. Tuexen
	Filename	: draft-stewart-behave-sctpnat-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-10-21
	
Stream Control Transmission Protocol RFC2960 [6] provides a reliable
   communications channel between two end-hosts in many ways similar to
   TCP RFC793 [2].  With the widespread deployment of Network Address
   Translators (NAT), specialized code has been added to NAT for TCP
   that allows multiple hosts to reside behind a NAT and yet use only a
   single globally unique IPv4 address, even when two hosts (behind the
   NAT) choose the same port numbers for their connection.  This
   additional code is sometimes classified as Network Address and Port
   Translation or NAPT.  To date, specialized code for SCTP has NOT yet
   been added to most NAT's so that only pure NAT is available.  The end
   result of this is that only one SCTP capable host can be behind a
   NAT.

   This document describes an SCTP specific variant of NAT which
   provides similar features of NAPT in the single point traversal
   scenario described in NATCONS [1].  Furthermore both algorithms are
   compared.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stewart-behave-sctpnat-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stewart-behave-sctpnat-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stewart-behave-sctpnat-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce