Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shiomoto-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interwork-fmwk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Framework for IP/MPLS-GMPLS interworking in
                          support of IP/MPLS to GMPLS migration  
	Author(s)	: K. Shiomoto, et al.
	Filename	: draft-shiomoto-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interwork-fmwk-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2005-10-12
	
   MPLS to GMPLS migration is the process of evolving MPLS-TE-based 
   control plane to GMPLS-based control plane. An appropriate migration 
   strategy is selected based on various factors including the service 
   provider's network deployment plan, customer demand, available 
   network equipment implementation, etc.  
    
   In the course of migration several interworking cases may exist where 
   MPLS and GMPLS devices or networks must coexist. Such cases may arise 
   as parts of the network are converted from MPLS protocols to GMPLS 
   protocols, or may occur if a lower layer network is made GMPLS-
   capable (from having no MPLS or GMPLS control plane) in advance of 
   the migration of the higher layer packet switched layer. 

   Since GMPLS signaling and routing protocols are different from the 
   MPLS protocols, in order for MPLS and GMPLS to interwork, we need 
   mechanisms to compensate for the difference between MPLS and GMPLS.  
    
   This document provides a framework for MPLS and GMPLS interworking to 
   allow transition from MPLS to GMPLS. We discuss issues, models, 
   migration scenarios, and requirements. Solutions for MPLS and GMPLS 
   interworking will be developed in companion documents. 
    
   We should note that both MPLS and GMPLS protocols can co-exist as 
   "ships in the night" without any interworking issue. This document is 
   mainly addressing interworking to allow transition from MPLS to 
   GMPLS. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shiomoto-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interwork-fmwk-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shiomoto-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interwork-fmwk-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shiomoto-ccamp-mpls-gmpls-interwork-fmwk-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce