Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-urien-eap-smartcard-type-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: EAP Smart Card Protocol (EAP-SC)
	Author(s)	: P. Urien, et al.
	Filename	: draft-urien-eap-smartcard-type-03.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-10-20
	
The EAP Smart Card Protocol (EAP-SC) defines an EAP Method and 
   Multiplexing model for the support of Smart Card based 
   authentication methods. EAP-SC provides a uniform framework for 
   interfacing with Smart Cards within the EAP [RFC3748] context. EAP-
   SC provides for encapsulation of other EAP methods (such as [EAP-
   TLS], [EAP-SIM] and [EAP-AKA]). 
    
   Smart Cards are hardware security devices that are widely used in 
   data and voice networks to authenticate users and devices, and to 
   enforce security policies on the client platform. 
    
   EAP-SC enhances the security of authentication methods by enabling 
   the use of Smart Cards for the secure provisioning and storage of 
   keys and credentials, and the secure execution of security sensitive 
   functions. In addition, EAP-SC provides security requirements for 
   the support of Smart Card based Authentication Methods that ensure a 
   uniform level of security complementary to the underlying 
   authentication method.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-urien-eap-smartcard-type-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-urien-eap-smartcard-type-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-urien-eap-smartcard-type-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce