Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brunner-sipping-sipautoconf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements and Framework for SIP User Agent Auto-Configuration
	Author(s)	: M. Brunner, et al.
	Filename	: draft-brunner-sipping-sipautoconf-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-10-17
	
   The problem of today's VoIP user agents (hardware terminals, SIP soft
   phones) is the need for quite a bit of manual configuration at the
   initialization time as well as when moving from one environment to
   another.  The information to be configured is typically not known by
   the end-user.  Automatic configuration of SIP user agents would
   release the user of these configuration tasks.  This memo describes
   the challenges of auto-configuration of SIP user agents and gives
   some requirements for further discussions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brunner-sipping-sipautoconf-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brunner-sipping-sipautoconf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brunner-sipping-sipautoconf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce