Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pskim-mipv6-fasthandover-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Fast Handover Scheme for Mobile IPv6 Based Wireless Networks
	Author(s)	: P. Kim
	Filename	: draft-pskim-mipv6-fasthandover-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-10-17
	
   This draft proposes a new fast handover scheme for Mobile IPv6 based
   wireless networks. To implement the proposed scheme, the beacon 
   message used in L2 is defined newly  by adding a specific subfield to 
   the capability information field. In addition, Router Information 
   Request/Reply messages used in L3 are defined newly. The proposed 
   scheme provides the faster acquisition of new access router's network
   information than the existing one, which might be advantageous for 
   the low handover latency. In addition, the proposed scheme might 
   reduce amount of traffic in comparison with the existing one, which 
   might be remarkable when there are many mobile nodes that are now 
   connecting to current access router. Moreover, in the proposed 
   scheme, a mobile node can know whether it changes access router or 
   access point, which can remove redundant traffic of the existing one.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pskim-mipv6-fasthandover-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pskim-mipv6-fasthandover-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pskim-mipv6-fasthandover-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce