Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-softwires-ats6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Automatic Tunneling Setup for/with IPv6
	Author(s)	: J. Palet, M. Diaz
	Filename	: draft-palet-softwires-ats6-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2005-10-11
	
   This document presents the basis for a procedure that enables a host
   or router to automatically setup an IPvX in IPvY tunnel.  Basically,
   the document considers several scenarios, from the most common today
   "dominant IPv4" networks to new "dominant IPv6" networks, which can
   even use multicast.

   A basic requirement is that the host or router is a dual stack node
   and it will have either native IPv4-only access (dominant IPv4
   network) or native IPv6-only access (dominant IPv6 network).
   Consequently, either IPv6 will be transported in the existing IPv4-
   only infrastructure, or IPv4 will be transported in the existing
   IPv6-only infrastructure.  Other combinations are possible, such as
   IPv6 in IPv6 (for example to support IPv6 multicast in an IPv6-
   unicast-only infrastructure).

   The procedure follows the work from [1], [2], [3] and [4], trying to
   be compliant with the requirements enumerated in those documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palet-softwires-ats6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-palet-softwires-ats6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-palet-softwires-ats6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce