Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-outbound-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Managing Client Initiated Connections in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: C. Jennings, R. Mahy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-outbound-01.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2005-10-26
	
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) allows proxy servers to initiate
   TCP connections and send asynchronous UDP datagrams to User Agents in
   order to deliver requests.  However, many practical considerations,
   such as the existence of firewalls and NATs, prevent servers from
   connecting to User Agents in this way.  Even when a proxy server can
   open a TCP connection to a User Agent, most User Agents lack a
   certificate suitable to act as a TLS server.  This specification
   defines behaviors for User Agents, registrars and proxy servers that
   allow requests to be delivered on existing connections established by
   the User Agent.  It also defines keep alive behaviors needed to keep
   NAT bindings open and specifies the usage of multiple connections for
   high availability systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-outbound-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce