Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-goldman-ieprep-comparison-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: POTS, GETS,MLPP call comparison
	Author(s)	: S. Goldman
	Filename	: draft-goldman-ieprep-comparison-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 2005-10-21
	
This document provides a high level conceptual discussion on the
significant modeling differences affecting the treatment of a POTS
(Plain Old Telephone Service) call, a GETS (Government Emergency
Telephone Service) call, and an MLPP (Multilevel Priority and
Preemption) call in the traditional voice PSTN (Public Switched
Telephone Network).

The genesis for this discussion on these services is primarily from
experience with the United States capabilities and it is appreciated
that these types of calls may be very different or non-existent in
other regions of the world. Still, it may be useful to provide this
discussion as a background, which may be useful in understanding the
legacy operations as the chartered ieprep work progresses.

It should be made clear from the onset that this document suggests no
requirements or solutions, but is merely informative about the
tradition voice network treatments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-goldman-ieprep-comparison-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-goldman-ieprep-comparison-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-goldman-ieprep-comparison-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce