Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RFC 3978 Update
	Author(s)	: S. Josefsson
	Filename	: draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2005-10-26
	
Two problems with BCP 78 are identified, and a proposal to solve them
   is proposed.  The first problem is that rights granted to third
   parties in BCP 78 are more restrictive then what was permitted
   through the license in RFC 2026.  The rights granted by the new
   license is too limited for some uses of Contributions.  The uses
   include adapting portions of Contributions for online help, reference
   manuals, and source code.  The second problem is that rights to
   publish and distribute documentes are not granted to third parties.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce