Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-adjih-manet-autoconf-detect-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Conflict Detection in MANET Autoconf
	Author(s)	: C. Adjih, K. Mase
	Filename	: draft-adjih-manet-autoconf-detect-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2005-10-20
	
   Several wireless ad-hoc routing protocols have been and are being
   developped for MANET.  However, autoconfiguration of MANET networks
   is still an unsettled area, and several methods have been proposed to
   perform such a task.  One of the mecanisms that may be required for
   address autoconfiguration, is the detection of address conflicts.
   This is specially true for one of scenarios for MANET autoconf, the
   This document specifies a general protocol for the detecting address
   conflicts in a MANET network, and hence addresses a subset of the
   requirements of a full MANET address autoconfiguration solution.  It
   is specified as an independent protocol from the MANET routing
   protocol, and the address configuration method, and may be used with
   any of them.  It aims at conceptual simplicity: essentially, a tree
   of the nodes is built, from which all the information from all the
   existing nodes is known.  Conflicts are detected by the node at root
   of the tree, or as inconsistent information on the root of the tree.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adjih-manet-autoconf-detect-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-adjih-manet-autoconf-detect-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-adjih-manet-autoconf-detect-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce