Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pim-bidir-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Bi-directional Protocol Independent Multicast (BIDIR-PIM)
	Author(s)	: M. Handley, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pim-bidir-08.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 2005-10-25
	
This document discusses Bi-directional PIM, a variant of PIM
     Sparse-Mode that builds bi-directional shared trees connecting
     multicast sources and receivers. Bi-directional trees are
     built using a fail-safe Designated Forwarder (DF) election
     mechanism operating on each link of a multicast topology.
     With the assistance of the DF, multicast data is natively
     forwarded from sources to the Rendezvous-Point and hence along
     the shared tree to receivers without requiring source-specific
     state.  The DF election takes place at RP discovery time and
     provides the route to the RP thus eliminating the requirement
     for data-driven protocol events.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-bidir-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pim-bidir-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-bidir-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce