Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tsao-mip-multihoming-lowpower-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Benefits of multiple care-of addresses and home addresses for low power multimode mobiles 
	Author(s)	: S. Tsao
	Filename	: draft-tsao-mip-multihoming-lowpower-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2005-10-25
	
  It is expected that future mobile devices will equip multiple 
  wireless interfaces in order to access the Internet ubiquitously. For 
  such a multimode mobile node (MMN) that might have multiple home 
  addresses to associate with its interfaces, the MMN has to keep its 
  interfaces awake to listen the packets to these home addresses (HoAs).
  Therefore, the MMN consumes a considerable energy to maintain the 
  reachablilities of these HoAs/interfaces. The draft presents the 
  benefits to use multiple care-of addresses and/or home addresses to 
  save the idle-mode power consumption of an MMN, and also discusses 
  the impacts and the requirements of the existing IETF protocols to 
  support the proposed low power operations.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsao-mip-multihoming-lowpower-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tsao-mip-multihoming-lowpower-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tsao-mip-multihoming-lowpower-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce