Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hutzler-spamops-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Email Submission: Access and Accountability
	Author(s)	: C. Hutzler, et al.
	Filename	: draft-hutzler-spamops-05.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2005-10-27
	
Email has become a popular distribution service for a variety of
   socially unacceptable, mass-effect purposes.  The most obvious
   ones include spam and worms.  This note recommends conventions for
   the operation of email submission and transport services between
   independent operators, such as enterprises and Internet Service
   Providers.  Its goal is to improve lines of accountability for
   controlling abusive uses of the Internet mail service.
   Consequently the document offers recommendations for constructive
   operational policies between independent operators of email
   transmission services.
   
   With the recent advent of email authentication technologies aimed
   at providing assurances and traceability between internetworked
   networks, the authors recognized that the initial submission of a
   message became the weakest link. Consequently, the document offers
   recommendations for constructive operational policies for the
   first step of email sending, the submission (or posting) of email
   into the transmission network. Relaying and delivery entail
   policies that occur subsequent to submission and are outside the
   scope of this document.

   The document seeks BCP status.  Comments and discussion of this
   document should be addressed to the [email-masked] mailing
   list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hutzler-spamops-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hutzler-spamops-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hutzler-spamops-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce