Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-callon-misc-cap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Miscellaneous Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure
	Author(s)	: R. Callon, G. Jones
	Filename	: draft-callon-misc-cap-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2005-10-17
	
   The Framework for Operational Security Capabilities [11] outlines the
   proposed effort of the IETF OPSEC working group.  This includes
   producing a series of drafts to codify knowledge gained through
   operational experience about feature sets that are needed to securely
   deploy and operate managed network elements providing transit
   services at the data link and IP layers.  Current plans include
   separate capabilities documents for Packet Filtering; Event Logging;
   In-Band and Out-of-Band Management; Configuration and Management
   Interfaces; AAA; and Documentation and Assurance.  This document
   describes some additional miscellaneous capabilities which do not fit
   into any of these specific catagories, and whose descriptions are
   brief enough that it does not seem appropriate to create a separate
   document for each.

   Operational Security Current Practices [12] lists current operator
   practices related to securing networks.  This document lists
   miscellaneous capabilities needed to support those practices.

   Capabilities are defined without reference to specific technologies.
   This is done to leave room for deployment of new technologies that
   implement the capability.  Each capability cites the practices it
   supports.  Current implementations that support the capability may be
   cited.  Special considerations are discussed as appropriate listing
   operational and resource constraints, limitations of current
   implementations, tradeoffs, etc.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-callon-misc-cap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-callon-misc-cap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-callon-misc-cap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce