Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bound-dstm-exp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Dual Stack IPv6 Dominant Transition Mechanism (DSTM)
	Author(s)	: J. Bound, et al.
	Filename	: draft-bound-dstm-exp-04.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2005-10-20
	
In an IPv6 dominant environment, some applications will still require
   IPv4 addresses to interoperate.  Dual stack may be configured on
   these hosts, but this will imply the configuration of network
   equipments (such as routers) to proceed IPv4 packets.  The Dual Stack
   IPv6 Dominant Transition Mechanism (DSTM) is based on the use of
   IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnels to carry IPv4 traffic within an IPv6 network
   and provides a method to allocate a temporary IPv4 address to Dual IP
   Layer IPv6/IPv4 capable nodes.  DSTM is also a way to avoid the use
   of Network Address Translation for early adopter IPv6 deployment to
   communicate with IPv4 legacy nodes and applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bound-dstm-exp-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bound-dstm-exp-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bound-dstm-exp-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce