Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rashid-eerrd-sensornetwork-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Energy Efficient Routing for Highly Dense 
                          Sensor Network Based on Residual Energy and Distance
	Author(s)	: D. Kwak, et al.
	Filename	: draft-rashid-eerrd-sensornetwork-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-10-20
	
   Efficient energy utilization and prolonged lifetime are two most 
   covetable targets for sensor network. For increased lifetime,each
   node must conserve energy as much as possible.  In this paper we 
   propose a protocol in which energy is conserved by amortizing the 
   energy cost of superfluous packets and idle state energy consumption
   To achieve our goal we have exercised well-known periodic sleep 
   protocol and reduce redundant transmission by creating broadcast 
   tree based on residual energy and distance based communication cost. 
   Wasteful energy consumption of sensor nodes (e.g. idle listening, 
   retransmission due to packet collision, overhearing etc) can be 
   minimized by selecting minimum number of forwarding nodes. Our 
   proposed algorithm selects minimum number of forwarding while 
   creating broadcast tree. All intermediate nodes acts as forwarding 
   node (non-leaf) while all the other nodes acts as a non-forwarding 
   (child)  reduces wasteful energy consumption by keeping radio 
   transceiver off. Simulation shows our algorithm is better in terms
   Dense Sensor Network Based on Residual Energy and Distance
   of energy conservation and network lifetime

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rashid-eerrd-sensornetwork-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rashid-eerrd-sensornetwork-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rashid-eerrd-sensornetwork-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce