Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Framework for Admission Control over
                          DiffServ using Pre-Congestion Notification
	Author(s)	: B. Briscoe, et al.
	Filename	: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-01.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2005-10-27
	
This document describes a framework to achieve an end-to-end 
   Controlled Load (CL) service without the scalability problems of 
   previous approaches. Flow admission control and if necessary flow 
   pre-emption preserve the CL service to admitted flows. But interior 
   routers within a large DiffServ-based region of the Internet do not 
   require flow state or signalling. They only have to give early 
   warning of  their own congestion by bulk packet marking using a new 
   pre-congestion notification behaviour. Gateways around the edges of 
   the region convert measurements of this packet granularity marking 
   into admission control and pre-emption functions at flow granularity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce