Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-petander-mip6-mbb-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Improved Binding Management for Make Before Break Handoffs in Mobile IPv6 
	Author(s)	: H. Petander, E. Perera
	Filename	: draft-petander-mip6-mbb-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2005-10-18
	
   Mobile IPv6 binding management has been designed for break-before-
   make handoffs, which can be performed by hosts equipped with a single 
   interface. However, a Mobile Node may be equipped with multiple 
   interfaces, allowing it to perform Make-Before-Break handoffs by 
   connecting simultaneously to two overlapping access networks during 
   the handoff. In theory these handoffs can be lossless, provided that 
   there is sufficient overlap between the two networks. However, unless 
   Mobile IPv6 bindings are managed carefully Mobile Node and 
   Correspondent Node will have inconsistent binding state during the 
   handoff, which will lead to packet loss. In this draft we propose 
   changes to binding management for lossless make-before-break 
   handoffs. The proposed changes do not affect the interoperability 
   with Mobile IPv6 nodes not implementing these changes. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petander-mip6-mbb-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-petander-mip6-mbb-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-petander-mip6-mbb-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce