Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-distsec-threat-model-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Distributed Security Threat Model
	Author(s)	: P. Savola
	Filename	: draft-savola-distsec-threat-model-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-10-27
	
The distributed security framework document describes an approach
   where hosts take greater responsibility for protecting against
   attacks on security vulnerabilities targeted at themselves.  This
   memo analyzes the threat model of the distributed security approach,
   in particular pointing out areas which the mechanism cannot protect
   against.

   XXX: generic comment from JariA: "The main issue that I could see is
   that its still rather simple presentation of the issues, e.g. does
   not necessarily go as deep as some other ongoing work goes."

   XXX: generic comment from EKR: "I found the organization rather
   confusing.  It seems to me like a lot of the material in the
   framework document would make more sense in the threat model.
   Without that context, it's fairly hard to understand what you're
   trying to accomplish."  (Similar comment from others: addressing this
   would require significant(?) text duplication from the framework
   doc..)

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-distsec-threat-model-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-savola-distsec-threat-model-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-savola-distsec-threat-model-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce