Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brusilovsky-pak-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Password Authenticated Diffie-Hellman Exchange (PAK)
	Author(s)	: A. Brusilovsky
	Filename	: draft-brusilovsky-pak-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2005-10-18
	
This document proposes to add mutual authentication, based on 
human-memorizable password, to the basic unauthenticated Diffie-Hellman 
key exchange. The proposed algorithm is called Password Authenticated 
Key exchange (PAK). PAK adds mutual authentication without changing 
the basic messaging on the Diffie-Hellman key exchange.
PAK is secure against a passive eavesdropper, as well as an active 
attacker. Pak does not allow an attacker to obtain any information that 
would enable them to mount an offline dictionary attack on the password.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brusilovsky-pak-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brusilovsky-pak-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brusilovsky-pak-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce