Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sanda-nsis-path-type-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Path type support for NSIS signaling
	Author(s)	: T. Sanda, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sanda-nsis-path-type-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2005-10-26
	
NSIS state management needs to track data path changes and update the
   states along the affected data paths.  However, in certain scenarios,
   there are multiple concurrent paths involved in the communication.
   In this case, the normal NSIS scheme does not provide sufficient
   support for the state manipulation.  Therefore, extra functionality
   for data path identification and distinction is necessary.  In
   current Internet, with the increasing use of multi-homing devices and
   the employment of Mobile IP, the above issue is getting more
   prominent.  This draft discusses in detail the problems and issues
   involved in the NSIS state management relevant to the data path
   differentiation.  Specific scenarios for multi-homing and Mobile IP
   route optimization are studied.  Potential solution and its impacts
   on current NSIS protocol design are discussed as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sanda-nsis-path-type-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sanda-nsis-path-type-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sanda-nsis-path-type-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce