Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nalawade-l3vpn-bgp-connector-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP Connector Attribute
	Author(s)	: G. Nalawade, et al.
	Filename	: draft-nalawade-l3vpn-bgp-connector-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-10-19
	
   In the case of BGP AFIs such as IPv6 unicast or VPNv4 unicast, it is
   possible for the data traffic intended for the NLRIs of that
   AFI/SAFI, to be forwarded over an underlying tunnel. The tunnel may
   be to a PE or to a Tunnel Concentrator or a Tunnel Broker. Both will
   be referred to as Tunnel endpoints. In this document an egress router
   refers to the egress point of the Tunnel and an ingress router refers
   to the ingress point of the tunnel.

   The discovery of the Tunnel endpoint and the corresponding tunnel
   encapsulation information may be done out of band, either by static
   configuration, or through a number of different mechanisms.

   There is a need to be able to indicate with the BGP update for a
   given NLRI, the Tunnel endpoint to be used for forwarding data
   traffic to that NLRI destination.

   This document defines a new BGP attribute called the 'Connector
   Attribute' which would convey the information about the Tunnel
   endpoint - the Tunnel Identifier, the Tunnel endpoint address.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nalawade-l3vpn-bgp-connector-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nalawade-l3vpn-bgp-connector-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nalawade-l3vpn-bgp-connector-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce