Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ssm-arch-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Source-Specific Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Source-Specific Multicast for IP
	Author(s)	: H. Holbrook, B. Cain
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ssm-arch-07.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2005-10-5
	
IP version 4 (IPv4) addresses in the 232/8 (232.0.0.0 to
232.255.255.255) range are designated as source-specific multicast (SSM)
destination addresses and are reserved for use by source-specific
applications and protocols.  For IP version 6 (IPv6), the address prefix
FF3x::/32 is reserved for source-specific multicast use.  This document
defines an extension to the Internet network service that applies to
datagrams sent to SSM addresses and defines the host and router
requirements to support this extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ssm-arch-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ssm-arch-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ssm-arch-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce