Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-eap-service-identity-auth-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Authenticated Service Information for the 
                          Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko, P. Eronen
	Filename	: draft-arkko-eap-service-identity-auth-04.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2005-10-26
	
EAP is typically used in an arrangement where the actual service
   (such as a wireless LAN access point) is separated from the
   authentication server.  However, EAP itself does not have a concept
   of a service identity or its parameters, and thus the client usually
   does not authenticate any information about the service itself, even
   when a mutually authenticating EAP method is used.  This document
   specifies a backward compatible extension to popular EAP methods for
   authenticating service related information, such as the identity and
   type of the offered service.  A common parameter name space is
   created in order to ensure that the same kinds of identifiers can be
   authenticated independent of the choice of the EAP authentication
   method, retaining the EAP media independence principle.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-eap-service-identity-auth-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-eap-service-identity-auth-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-eap-service-identity-auth-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce