Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-multiple-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multiple Authentication Exchanges in IKEv2
	Author(s)	: P. Eronen, J. Korhonen
	Filename	: draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-multiple-auth-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-10-17
	
   IKEv2 supports several mechanisms for authenticating the parties,
   including signatures with public-key certificates, shared secrets,
   and Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) methods.  Currently,
   each endpoint uses only one of these mechanisms to authenticate
   itself.  This document specifies an extension to IKEv2 that allows
   the use of multiple authentication exchanges, either using different
   mechanisms or the same mechanism.  This extension allows, for
   instance, performing certificate-based authentication of the client
   host followed by an EAP authentication of the user.  When backend
   authentication servers are used, they can belong to different
   administrative domains, such as the network access provider and the
   service provider.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-multiple-auth-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-multiple-auth-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-multiple-auth-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce