Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-falk-xcp-spec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Specification for the Explicit Control Protocol (XCP)
	Author(s)	: A. Falk
	Filename	: draft-falk-xcp-spec-01.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2005-10-20
	
This document contains an initial specification for the Explicit
   Control Protocol (XCP), an experimental congestion control protocol.
   XCP is designed to deliver the highest possible end-to-end throughput
   over a broad range of network infrastructure, including links with
   very large bandwidth-delay products, which are not well served by the
   current control algorithms.  XCP is potentially applicable to any
   transport protocol, although initial testing has applied it to TCP in
   particular.  XCP routers are required to perform a small calculation
   on congestion state carried in each data packet.  XCP routers also
   periodically recalculate the local parameters required to provide
   fairness.  On the other hand, there is no per-flow congestion state
   in XCP routers.

   This version specification (-01) includes protocol changes that move
   per-packet divisions from the router to the sender.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-falk-xcp-spec-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-falk-xcp-spec-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-falk-xcp-spec-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce