Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Re-ECN: Adding Accountability for Causing Congestion to TCP/IP
	Author(s)	: B. Briscoe, et al.
	Filename	: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2005-10-20
	
   This document introduces a new feedback protocol for explicit
   congestion notification (ECN), termed re-ECN.  It arranges the ECN
   field of each packet so that, as it arrives at each router, the
   relative rates of each codepoint will give a truthful prediction of
   congestion on the remainder of the path.  It also outlines mechanisms
   at the network edge that ensure the dominant selfish strategy of both
   network domains and end-points will be to set these codepoints
   honestly and to respond correctly to path congestion, despite
   conflicting interests.  Although these mechanisms influence
   incentives, they use engineering mechanisms like throttling and
   dropping, rather than requiring changes to end-user pricing.  The
   protocol can be deployed incrementally around unmodified routers
   without requiring changes to IP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce