Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-otis-dkim-threats-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Review of Threats Associated with Email and DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)
	Author(s)	: D. Otis
	Filename	: draft-otis-dkim-threats-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2005-10-21
	
   This document is intended to provide an alternative perspective to
   the document prepared by Jim Fenton for DomainKeys Identified Mail
   (DKIM), although it borrows from his substantial effort.  This review
   removes emphasis on email-address domains, as DKIM allows signatures
   to be independent of the email-address domains.  This document also
   considers the impact of adding an opaque-identifier and implementing
   abusive replay abatement.  This document considers threats against
   Internet mail and threats created when employing a signature-based
   method for establishing an accountable domain for a message, in
   particular DKIM.  This document also ranks threat levels, modes of
   access, Bad Actors and their capabilities, and possible motivations
   for various attack scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-threats-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-otis-dkim-threats-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-threats-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce