Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yegani-gre-key-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GRE Key Extension for Mobile IPv4
	Author(s)	: P. Yegani, et al.
	Filename	: draft-yegani-gre-key-extension-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2005-10-6
	
The GRE specification contains a Key field, which MAY contain a value 
that is used to identify a particular GRE data stream. This 
specification defines a new Mobile IP extension that is used to 
exchange the value to be used in the GRE Key field. This extension 
further allows the Mobility Agents to setup the necessary protocol 
interfaces prior to receiving the mobile's traffic. The new extension 
option allows a foreign agent to request GRE tunneling without 
disturbing the Home Agent behavior specified for Mobile Ipv4 [2]. GRE 
tunneling provides an advantage that allows operator?s private home 
networks to be overlaid and allows the HA to provide overlapping home 
addresses to different subscribers.  When the tuple <Care of Address, 
Home Address and Home Agent Address> is the same across multiple 
subscriber sessions, GRE 

tunneling will provide a means for the FA and HA to identify data 
streams for the individual sessions based on the GRE key.  In the 
absence of this key identifier, the data streams cannot be 
distinguished from each other, a significant drawback when using IP-in-
IP tunneling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yegani-gre-key-extension-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yegani-gre-key-extension-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yegani-gre-key-extension-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce