Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hancock-nsis-pds-problem-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Problem Statement for Partly-Decoupled Signalling in NSIS
	Author(s)	: R. Hancock
	Filename	: draft-hancock-nsis-pds-problem-02.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2005-10-26
	
The NSIS working group is currently developing a protocol suite for
   signalling which manipulates network state related to data flows.
   The protocol architecture incorporates the constraint that the
   signalling protocol will be processed on the nodes which also handle
   the data flows themselves ("path-coupled signalling").  This document
   discusses a particular deployment mode for GIST (the common lower
   layer of the NSIS protocol suite) which relaxes this constraint,
   allowing the signalling and data paths to be partially decoupled,
   without sacrificing the integration with routing (e.g. sensitivity to
   route changes) which is intrinsic to the path-coupled case.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-pds-problem-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hancock-nsis-pds-problem-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-pds-problem-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce