Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cheng-nsis-flowid-issues-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NSIS Flow ID and packet classification issues
	Author(s)	: H. Cheng, et al.
	Filename	: draft-cheng-nsis-flowid-issues-02.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2005-10-26
	
In current NSIS signaling, there are two main functions depending on
   Flow ID, i.e. signaling message routing, data packet classification.
   Specifically, the same information carried by the MRI is also used to
   derive the packet classification at NSLP layer.  This arrangement
   assumes that identical information is required by the two functions
   at two different layers, and thus has limitations.  With the
   introduction of NSIS applications in more complicated scenarios, such
   assumption can no longer hold.  Therefore, keeping the dependency
   between the two functions hinders the development of NSIS.  Efforts
   have been made in different NSLP layer applications to extend the
   relationship, e.g.  QoS NSLP.  This draft studied the possibility of
   disjoining the information for the two functions.  Problems faced by
   the current system and different remedy options are discussed.  With
   these details, it is intended to help the reader to evaluate the
   feasibility of redefining the packet classification information
   signaling in NSIS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheng-nsis-flowid-issues-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cheng-nsis-flowid-issues-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cheng-nsis-flowid-issues-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce