Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-polk-mmusic-qos-mechanism-identification-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Identification of QoS Mechanism for Preconditions
	Author(s)	: J. Polk, et al.
	Filename	: draft-polk-mmusic-qos-mechanism-identification-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-10-19
	
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) defines a means for delaying 
   application layer session set-up signaling from progressing until a 
   quality of service (QoS) guarantee is established between user 
   agents.  This is specified in RFC 3312.  The examples within that 
   document show the use of the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) 
   for this service.  Now that more than one quality of service 
   mechanism exists, a means of negotiation is necessary for 
   interoperability between these user agents.  This document will 
   update RFC 3312 by providing a means of identifying which QoS 
   mechanism is desired during session establishment. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-mmusic-qos-mechanism-identification-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-polk-mmusic-qos-mechanism-identification-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-polk-mmusic-qos-mechanism-identification-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce