Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tschofenig-hiprg-hip-natfw-traversal-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Traversing HIP-aware NATs and Firewalls: 
                          Problem Statement and Requirements
	Author(s)	: H. Tschofenig, M. Shanmugam
	Filename	: draft-tschofenig-hiprg-hip-natfw-traversal-03.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2005-10-26
	
The Host Identity Protocol is a signaling protocol which adds another
   layer to the Internet model and (optionally) establishes IPsec ESP
   SAs to protect subsequent data traffic.  HIP is designed to be a
   middlebox friendly protocol, it allows the middleboxes (such as NATs
   and Firewalls) to participate in the base exchange messages in order
   to learn the flow identifier and thereby, relying the data traffic.
   Adding authentication and authorization mechanisms can help the
   middlebox decide which end hosts are allowed to traverse a firewall.
   This can potentially prevent waste of network resources and limit
   unwanted traffic.  This document gives a problem statement and
   requirements for HIP-aware middlebox traversal techniques.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-hiprg-hip-natfw-traversal-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tschofenig-hiprg-hip-natfw-traversal-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-hiprg-hip-natfw-traversal-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce