Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-qiu-serbest-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-ldp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using LDP for VPLS Multicast
	Author(s)	: R. Qiu, et al.
	Filename	: draft-qiu-serbest-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-ldp-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2005-10-20
	
In Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), as also in IEEE Bridged 
  Networks, the switches simply flood multicast traffic on all ports in 
  the LAN by default. Multicast Snooping can be used to avoid the 
  unnecessary flooding as defined in [MAGMA-SNOOP] and [PIM-SNOOP]. 
    
  When the number of Pseudo Wires (PWs) and refresh messages increases 
  dramatically, it is desirable to reduce the messages exchanged between 
  VPLS PE routers to improve scalability. This document describes the 
  procedures and recommendations for using LDP for exchanging Multicast 
  state information as LDP is a standard signaling protocol for VPLS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-qiu-serbest-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-ldp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-qiu-serbest-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-ldp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-qiu-serbest-l2vpn-vpls-mcast-ldp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce