Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-previdi-isis-mi-mt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IS-IS Multi-instance Multi-topology
	Author(s)	: S. Previdi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-previdi-isis-mi-mt-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2005-10-5
	
   This draft describes a mechanism that allows a single router to 
   share one or more links among multiple IS-IS routing protocol 
   instances.
   Multiple instances allow the deployment of multiple address-families
   as well as multiple instances of the same address-family and it is 
   an alternative to Multi-Topology IS-IS. Routers supporting the same
   instance will form adjacencies, exchange routing updates and compute
   paths. Each PDU will contain a new TLV identifying the instance to
   which the PDU belongs. This allows a network operator to deploy
   multiple IS-IS topologies in parallel, using the same set of links
   when required and still have the capability of computing topology
   specific paths. This draft does not address the forwarding paradigm
   that needs to be used in order to ensure data PDUs are forwarded
   according to the topology to which they belong.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-previdi-isis-mi-mt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-previdi-isis-mi-mt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-previdi-isis-mi-mt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce