Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nhkim-arod-autoconf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: AROD: An address autoconfiguration with 
                          Address Reservation and Optimistic Duplicated 
                          address detection for mobile ad hoc networks
	Author(s)	: N. Kim, et al.
	Filename	: draft-nhkim-arod-autoconf-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2005-10-21
	
   Every node must configure its network interface with a unique address
   in order to communicate with other nodes.  Having a centralized DHCP
   server that provides addresses to nodes, we can easily and
   automatically obtain addresses.  However, in a mobile ad hoc network,
   difficulties exist in supporting address autoconfiguration due to the
   lack of the centralized servers.  We therefore propose a distributed
   address autoconfiguration approach for a mobile ad hoc network using
   address reservation and optimistic Duplicated Address Detection.  The
   reserved address helps to reduce the allocation latency, and the
   optimistic DAD guarantees the uniqueness of addresses with smaller
   communication overhead.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nhkim-arod-autoconf-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nhkim-arod-autoconf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nhkim-arod-autoconf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce