Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Taxonomy and Analysis of Enhancements to Mobile IPv6 Route Optimization
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko, C. Vogt
	Filename	: draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-02.txt
	Pages		: 51
	Date		: 2005-10-6
	
IP mobility support typically implies that packets incur lengthened
   routing paths by virtue of them being sent through a stationary home
   agent.  However, "route optimization" in the Mobile IPv6 protocol
   enables normal and direct routing between a mobile node and its
   correspondent node.  To securely allow this feature between initially
   unacquainted parties, the so-called return-routability procedure was
   built into Mobile IPv6.  Recently, a number of improvements or
   optional alternatives have been suggested to the standard procedure.
   This document summarizes the goals for enhancements to route
   optimization, discusses the security threats that such enhancements
   must consider, categorizes the techniques that one can use for
   optimization, highlights the key ideas of various recent proposals,
   evaluates the performance gain that such proposals can yield, and
   compares these to ongoing optimization work in other parts of the
   network stack.  Finally, the paper identifies needs for additional
   research.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce