Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement: Media Independent Handover Signalling
	Author(s)	: E. Hepworth
	Filename	: draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2005-10-20
	
   There are on-going activities in the networking community to develop
   solutions for handover between heterogeneous wired and wireless
   access systems including, but not limited to, IEEE 802.21.
   Intelligent access selection, taking into account link layer
   attributes, requires the delivery of a variety of different
   information types to the terminal from different sources within the
   network.  The protocol requirements for this signalling have both
   transport and security issues that must be considered.  The
   signalling must not be constrained to specific link types, so there
   is at least a common component to the signalling problem which is
   within the scope of the IETF.  This draft presents a problem
   statement for this core problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-problem-statement-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-problem-statement-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-problem-statement-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce