Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schmeing-smtp-priorities-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SMTP Service Extension for Priority Message Handling
	Author(s)	: M. Schmeing, J. Brendecke
	Filename	: draft-schmeing-smtp-priorities-02.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2005-11-28
	
This memo defines an extension to the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer
   Protocol) service whereby messages are sent with a priority to
   achieve a certain order in which the messages are transferred by an
   MTA (Message Transfer Agent).  This priority or precedence order is
   used instead of the first-come-first-serve rule.  This extension is
   not to be confused with "Importance of a Message" which is widely
   deployed using an email header such as Importance or even Priority or
   Precedence with common values of HIGH, NORMAL and LOW.  Importance of
   a Message does not affect the priority of the transport itself in any
   way.  Nevertheless, there may be policy defined relations between
   priorities and importance indicators.

   This extension uses the term priority in the meaning of expedited
   treatment of a message by the server according to its priority.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmeing-smtp-priorities-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-schmeing-smtp-priorities-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schmeing-smtp-priorities-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce