Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-long-gmpls-obs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) architecture's 
                          extensions for Optical Burst Switch network
	Author(s)	: K. Long, et al.
	Filename	: draft-long-gmpls-obs-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-11-30
	
   The Generalized MPLS[RFC 3031] suite of protocols has been defined to
   control different switching technologies, such as TDM, Optical
   Circuit Switching, and even Optical Fibre Switching. However, Optical
   Burst Switching(OBS)[Qiao] is a promising optical switching
   technology, which is expected to be deployed in optical network in
   the very near future. Therefore, this document focuses mainly on how 
   to extend the architecture of Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)[RFC 3945] to
   support Optical Burst Switching. Herein, the extensions consist in
   the following issues, i.e., signaling, routing and link management.
   What more, the extended GMPLS architecture will be much more scalable
   than before. Note that the extensions are not limited a certain OBS
   signaling type, such as Just-In-Time or Just-Enough-Time, Wavelength-
   Routed OBS or traditional OBS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-long-gmpls-obs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-long-gmpls-obs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-long-gmpls-obs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce