Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cavuto-dtcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DTCP: Dynamic Tasking Control Protocol
	Author(s)	: D. Cavuto, et al.
	Filename	: draft-cavuto-dtcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2005-11-29
	
   Dynamic Tasking Control Protocol is a UDP/IP interface by which an 
   authorized client may connect to a server -- usually a network 
   element (NE) or security policy enforcement point (PEP) -- and issue 
   dynamic requests for data. These tasking requests contain, among 
   other parameters, packet matching criteria that may apply to certain 
   packets flowing through that network element. The primary intent of 
   the tasking request is to instruct that network element to send 
   copies of packets matching those criteria to a destination (usually 
   via tunneling) for further inspection or other action. The protocol 
   contains a security architecture to address client or server spoofing 
   as well as replay prevention. The protocol assumes that multiple 
   clients may simultaneously control a single server. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cavuto-dtcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cavuto-dtcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cavuto-dtcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce