Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mase-autoconf-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A common framework for autoconfiguration of  
                          stand-alone ad hoc networks
	Author(s)	: K. Mase, et al.
	Filename	: draft-mase-autoconf-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2005-11-29
	
   We consider the unique local address autoconfiguration problem for
   stand-alone ad hoc networks (MANETs).  Specifically, we consider two
   cases.  First, a node without a pre-assigned and valid MANET-local
   address acquires a new MANET-local address and becomes a member of a
   new or existing MANET.  Second, two or more MANETs merge.  In the
   first case, a mechanism of IP address generation based on a stateful
   or stateless method is needed.  We also should have MANET-wide
   duplicate address detection (MANET-DAD) on newly generated address
   (tentative address) for suppressing occurrence of duplicate addresses
   regardless of whether stateful or stateless method is employed for
   address generation (pre-service MANET-DAD).  In the second case,
   duplicate address may occur as the result of a merger of two formerly
   independent networks.  We should have MANET-DAD on addresses in use
   for resolving duplicate addresses and suppressing routing information
   contamination due to existence of duplicate addresses (in-service
   MANET-DAD).  To realize pre-service MANET-DAD and in-service MANET-
   DAD, we define autoconfiguration states for both proactive and
   reactive routing protocol.  Each node exists in one of the
   autoconfiguration states at any time.  The specific MANET-DAD
   algorithm is beyond the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mase-autoconf-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce