Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ros-autoconf-emap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensible MANET Auto-configuration Protocol (EMAP)
	Author(s)	: F. Ros, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ros-autoconf-emap-01.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2005-11-9
	
Mobile Ad Hoc Networks need an auto-configuration protocol being able
   to satisfy their self-deployment requirements while remaining
   flexible enough to accommodate special features for different
   devices.

   EMAP protocol tries to fullfil these requirements both for IPv4 and
   IPv6 mobile ad hoc networks.  It provides auto-configuration
   mechanisms for isolated as well as hybrid MANETs, and is envisioned
   to be integrated within unicast routing protocols (like DYMO [1] or
   OLSRv2 [2]).

   EMAP allows nodes to create a (highly likely) unique IP address which
   can be used locally inside the MANET.  In a similar way, nodes can
   auto-configure globally routable IP addresses when one (or more)
   gateways to the Internet are present in the network.  The general
   framework provided by the protocol may be used as a service discovery
   protocol for MANETs.  In fact, this document also specifies an
   optional feature which consists on the discovery of DNS servers
   reachable from the MANET, what could be useful when a high degree of
   auto-configuration is desired.  Therefore, EMAP has been designed
   taking into consideration the possibility of extending it later on
   with new features, uses, and optimizations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ros-autoconf-emap-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ros-autoconf-emap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ros-autoconf-emap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce