Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fu-nsis-diagnostics-nslp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Design Options of NSIS Diagnostics NSLP
	Author(s)	: X. Fu, et al.
	Filename	: draft-fu-nsis-diagnostics-nslp-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-11-8
	
   The Next Steps in Signaling protocol suite aims to provide a way to
   communicate with network intermediaries.  As such, it is desirable to
   offer generic diagnostics function for NSIS users and system
   administrators to make the functionality provided by the network more
   transparent (e.g., to identify particular NSLPs, to determine to
   which degree the network supports NSIS, GIST state or specific NSLP
   session information along a given path).

   Instead of suggesting one specific solution we highlight the
   different design options of some simple, stateless diagnostics
   functions from a querying node to a responding node.  These
   preliminary thoughts should help the working group to have a more
   structure discussion in this problem space.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fu-nsis-diagnostics-nslp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fu-nsis-diagnostics-nslp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fu-nsis-diagnostics-nslp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce