Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-roy-ospf-smart-peering-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Adjacency Reduction in OSPF using SPT Reachability
	Author(s)	: A. Roy
	Filename	: draft-roy-ospf-smart-peering-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-11-28
	
There is significant overhead in OSPF when a router has to establish
   adjacencies with every peer with whom it can verify 2-way
   connectivity.  OSPF supports the broadcast network type for these
   scenarios, where you only have to peer with the designated router
   (DR).  However,a full mesh of connectivity is required for proper
   operation and this doesn't help in networks with overlapping partial
   meshes of connectivity.  This draft proposes a technique to reduce
   the number of adjacencies based on shortest path tree (SPT)
   reachability information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roy-ospf-smart-peering-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-roy-ospf-smart-peering-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-roy-ospf-smart-peering-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce