Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RFC 3978 Update
	Author(s)	: S. Josefsson
	Filename	: draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-11-21
	
Two problems with BCP 78 regarding the outbound rights granted to
   third parties are identified.  A proposal to solve the problems is
   proposed.

   The first problem is that rights granted to third parties in BCP 78
   are more restrictive then what was permitted through the license in
   RFC 2026.  The rights granted by the new license is too limited for
   some uses of Contributions.  The uses include adapting portions of
   Contributions for online help, reference manuals, and source code.
   The second problem is that rights to publish and distribute documents
   are not granted to third parties.

   We also discuss an issue that has been expressed regarding fake RFCs,
   that might have been permitted through our earlier license, and we
   also attempt to solve that problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce