Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-touch-trill-rbridge-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Architecture of an RBridge Solution to TRILL 
	Author(s)	: J. Touch, R. Perlman
	Filename	: draft-touch-trill-rbridge-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2005-11-22
	
   RBridges are link layer (L2) devices that use routing protocols as a 
   control plane. They combine the link layer ability to allow hosts to 
   reattach without renumbering with network layer routing benefits. 
   RBridges use existing link state routing to provide higher internal
   cross-section bandwidth, faster convergence under reconfiguration, 
   and more robustness to link interruption than an equivalent set of 
   conventional bridges using existing spanning tree forwarding. They 
   are intended to apply to similar L2 network sizes as conventional 
   bridges and are intended to be backward compatible with those bridges 
   as both ingress/egress and transit. They also attempt to retain as 
   much 'plug and play' as is already available in existing bridges. 
   This document proposes the RBridge system as a solution to the TRILL 
   problem. It also defines the RBridge architecture, presents its 
   terminology, and describes its basic components and desired behavior. 
   A separate document specifies the protocols and mechanisms that 
   satisfy the architecture presented herein.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-trill-rbridge-arch-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-touch-trill-rbridge-arch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-touch-trill-rbridge-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce