Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mingqiang-mmusic-servicediscovery-pan-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Service Discovery in the 
                          Personal Area Network(PAN)
	Author(s)	: X. Mingqiang, et al.
	Filename	: draft-mingqiang-mmusic-servicediscovery-pan-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-11-10
	
Several protocols exist in the industry for device/service 
discovery. Each of these protocols addresses the aspects of 
device/service discovery in different network environments. 
A Service Discovery in a PAN 
Personal Area Network (PAN) is dynamic in its nature where devices 
may join and leave the network very frequently. A PAN, being an ad-
hoc network, also differs from fixed networks in many other ways. 
The current generation of service protocols such as SLP were not 
designed for such an environment. This document specifies the 
requirements of a service discovery protocol for PANs, which 
specifically can be used for applications such as multimedia 
session transfer between devices within a PAN. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mingqiang-mmusic-servicediscovery-pan-req-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mingqiang-mmusic-servicediscovery-pan-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mingqiang-mmusic-servicediscovery-pan-req-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce