Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brok-simple-regulate-publish-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Regulating Publication of Event State Information
	Author(s)	: J. Brok
	Filename	: draft-brok-simple-regulate-publish-01.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2005-12-12
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Extension for Event State
   Publication describes a mechanism for a User Agent Client (UAC) to
   publish event state information to a User Agent Server (UAS).
   Generally, the UAC is free to monitor certain resources at a certain
   rate and publish changes of their event state, for instance with the
   presence event package.  However, for a UAC on a mobile device,
   monitoring some resources can be costly in terms of battery and
   computing, think of GPS or voice analysis.  Although some mechnisms
   exist for a UAC to deduce whether event state publication is needed
   and at what rate publish messages may be sent, these are rather
   coarse and reactive in nature.  This memo defines a solution for a
   UAS to regulate monitoring and publications by providing detailed
   information to the UAC regarding which resources to monitor, at what
   rate, with what urgency and what delta.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brok-simple-regulate-publish-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brok-simple-regulate-publish-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brok-simple-regulate-publish-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce