Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Seamless Multicast Handover in a Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Environment (M-HMIPv6)
	Author(s)	: T. Schmidt, M. Waehlisch
	Filename	: draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-04.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-12-1
	
This document extends the Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Internet Draft to 
   include the reception and transmission of Any Source Multicast 
   traffic at the Mobile Node. It introduces handover mechanisms for 
   IPv6 mobile multicast listeners and mobile multicast senders. 
   Operations are based on a Mobile IPv6 environment with local mobility 
   anchor points. These local anchor points are conformal with a 
   Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 proxy infrastructure. Handover latencies in 
   the proposed scheme remain bound to link switching delays with 
   respect to these local proxy points. Thus the M-HMIPv6 achieves 
   seamless mobility, even though no bicasting of multicast streams is 
   used. Multicast listeners in addition encounter the option to 
   optimize multicast routing by turning to a direct data reception. 
   The mechanisms described in this document do not rely on assumptions 
   of any specific multicast routing protocol in use. The M-HMIPv6 
   protocol operations utilize the existing HMIPv6, MIPv6 and MLDv2 
   messages under minor extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce