Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-demizu-tcp-ts2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TS2 --- A Modified TCP Timestamps Mechanism
	Author(s)	: N. Demizu
	Filename	: draft-demizu-tcp-ts2-00.txt
	Pages		: 62
	Date		: 2005-12-29
	
   This memo proposes a modified TCP Timestamps mechanism called "TS2".
   It uses the existing TCP Timestamps option specified in RFC1323 and a
   new TCP option called "the TCP Old Timestamps option", which is
   specified in this memo.  As a fallback, an RFC1323-compatible mode
   called "TS1" is also available.

   The base mechanism of TS2 includes the definitions of those two TCP
   Timestamps options, mode negotiation to enable TS1 or TS2, and a rule
   for updating internal states.  The applied mechanisms of TS2 include
   an accurate RTT measurement mechanism that is workable even for
   duplicate ACK segments (RTTM/TS2), a reordering-robust mechanism to
   detect wrapped sequence numbers (PAWS/TS2), a lightweight mechanism
   to detect spoofed segments (PASA/TS2), a loss detection mechanism
   applicable to both original and retransmitted data segments
   (DLD/TS2), and a spurious retransmission detection mechanism that
   operates without waiting for one RTT by sending arbitrary in-window
   data (SRD/TS2).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-demizu-tcp-ts2-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-demizu-tcp-ts2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-demizu-tcp-ts2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce