Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv4-timers-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Timer Enhancements to Reduce Failover Times for the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol for IPv4
	Author(s)	: R. Hott
	Filename	: draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv4-timers-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2005-12-13
	
The router survivability capability provided by the Virtual
   Router Redundancy Protocol for IPv4 (VRRPv4) satisfies the
   requirements for many LAN environments. There are, however,
   LAN environments that have sub-second failover requirements and
   thus a need for finer granularity of the VRRP timers. This draft
   proposes extensions to VRRPv4 [RFC 3768] for specifying sub-second
   Advertisement Intervals. A new message type is introduced which
   permits the timer granularity for the Advertisement Interval to
   be specified. In addition, a new field is introduced permitting
   the specification of the number of missed ADVERTISEMENTs before
   a Virtual Router Master is declared down.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv4-timers-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv4-timers-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv4-timers-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce