Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-nodeid-subobject-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definition of an RRO node-id subobject
	Author(s)	: J. Vasseur, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-nodeid-subobject-07.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-12-1
	
In the context of MPLS TE Fast Reroute, the Merge Point (MP) address is 
required at the Point of Local Repair (PLR) in order to select a backup 
tunnel intersecting a fast reroutable Traffic Engineering Label 
Switched Path (TE LSP) on a downstream Label Switching Router (LSR).  
However, existing protocol mechanisms are not sufficient to find an MP 
address in multi-domain routing networks where a domain is defined as 
an IGP area or an Autonomous System. Hence, the current MPLS Fast 
Reroute mechanism cannot be used in order to protect inter-domain TE 
LSPs from a failure of an ABR (Area Border Router) or ASBR (Autonomous 
System Border Router) respectively. This document specifies the use of 
existing Route Record Object (RRO) IPv4 and IPv6 sub-objects (with a 
new flag defined) thus defining the node-id subobject in order to solve 
this issue. The MPLS Fast reroute mechanism mentioned in this document 
refers to the "Facility backup" MPLS TE Fast Reroute method.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-nodeid-subobject-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-nodeid-subobject-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-nodeid-subobject-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce