Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manral-v6ops-tiny-fragments-issues-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Operational issues with Tiny Fragments in IPv6
	Author(s)	: V. Manral
	Filename	: draft-manral-v6ops-tiny-fragments-issues-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2005-12-9
	
IPv6 fragmentation allows fragments to be sent only by the source of
   a  packet. The Fragment  header is used by an IPv6 source to send a 
   packet larger than would fit in the path MTU to its   destination. 

   Firewalls generally use 5-tuples to filter out packets. However there
   are cases where  fragmentation can be used to disguise TCP  packets 
   from IP filters used in routers and hosts. This document specifies
   where tiny fragments can be issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-v6ops-tiny-fragments-issues-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-manral-v6ops-tiny-fragments-issues-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-manral-v6ops-tiny-fragments-issues-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce