Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vapiwala-bmwg-frr-failover-meth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Methodology for benchmarking fast failover 
                          time with local protection 
	Author(s)	: S. Vapiwala, et al.
	Filename	: draft-vapiwala-bmwg-frr-failover-meth-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2005-12-28
	
This draft provides the methodology for benchmarking the failover time 
of local protection (aka Fast Reroute). The failover to a backup tunnel 
could happen at the headend of the primary tunnel or a midpoint and the 
backup could offer link or node protection. It becomes vital to 
benchmark the failover time for all the cases and combinations. The 
failover time could also greatly differ based on the design and 
implementation and by factors like the number of prefixes carried by the 
tunnel, the number of primary tunnels affected by the event that caused 
the failover, number of primary tunnels the backup protects and type of 
failure etc. All the required benchmarking criteria and benchmarking 
topology required for measuring failover time of local protection is 
described Conventions used in this document 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vapiwala-bmwg-frr-failover-meth-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vapiwala-bmwg-frr-failover-meth-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vapiwala-bmwg-frr-failover-meth-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce