Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-morishita-dnsop-anycast-node-requirements-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP Anycast Node for Authotitative Name Server Requirements
	Author(s)	: Y. Morishita, et al.
	Filename	: draft-morishita-dnsop-anycast-node-requirements-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2006-1-24
	
IP anycast [1] is a technology to share an IP address of an Internet
   service with multiple servers.  It is now being deployed for the
   authoritative name servers, especially for the root servers.

   RFC 3258 [2] describes a set of practices to provide IP anycast
   technology for the authoritative name servers.  And "Operation of
   Anycast Services" Internet-Draft [3] (hereafter, called "Abley's
   Draft") describes a series of recommendations for distribution of
   services using anycast.

   Operators of authoritative name servers can also refer to RFC 2182
   [4] and 2870 [5] for general guidances on appropriate practices for
   authoritative name servers.

   This memo describes the details of requirements and preconditions for
   making authoritative name servers in IP anycast technology, with the
   consideration of the practices in RFC 2182, 2870, 3258 and Abley's
   Draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morishita-dnsop-anycast-node-requirements-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-morishita-dnsop-anycast-node-requirements-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-morishita-dnsop-anycast-node-requirements-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce