Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Memorandum for multi-domain Public Key 
                          Infrastructure (PKI) Interoperability
	Author(s)	: M. SHIMAOKA, et al.
	Filename	: draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-06.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2006-1-9
	
This memo is intended to describe the foundation necessary to the
   deployment of a multi-domain PKI. The scope of this memo is to
   establish and clarify the trust relationships and interoperability
   between multiple PKI domains.  A Certification Authority (CA) is able
   to extend a certification path by establishing trust with other CAs.
   Both single- and multi-domain PKIs are established by such trust
   relationships between CAs.  Typical and primitive PKI model is a
   single-domain PKI that shares the same Certificate Policy (CP) at a
   specified trust level.  A multi-domain PKI is established by
   combining more than one single-domain PKI.  A multi-domain PKI can be
   categorized as either a multi-trust point model based on the trust
   list model; or single-trust point model based on the Cross-
   Certification model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce