Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dilip-ftpext-safe-transfer-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Safe GET & Safe PUT options for FTP
	Author(s)	: D. Kumar Nanecha, C. Aswathanarayana
	Filename	: draft-dilip-ftpext-safe-transfer-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2006-1-17
	
    This draft presents a mechanism to overcome one of the cumbersome 
    aspects of file transfer. Ftp fails to transfer the data as there
    is not enough disk space on the remote machine, but it fails only
    after it does the substantial data transfer and discovers that 
    there is no more disk space left on the remote machine. 
    
    The basic intention is to provide FTP Extension for checking the 
    availability of the disk space before starting the actual file 
    transfer operation on remote machines.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dilip-ftpext-safe-transfer-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dilip-ftpext-safe-transfer-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dilip-ftpext-safe-transfer-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce