Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-msec-bootstrapping-tesla-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Bootstrapping TESLA
	Author(s)	: S. Fries, H. Tschofenig
	Filename	: draft-ietf-msec-bootstrapping-tesla-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-1-11
	
TESLA, the Timed Efficient Stream Loss-tolerant Authentication
   protocol is a protocol for providing source authentication in
   multicast scenarios.  TESLA is an efficient protocol with low
   communication and computation overhead, which scales to large numbers
   of receivers, and also tolerates packet loss.  TESLA is based on
   loose time synchronization between the sender and the receivers.
   Source authentication is realized in TESLA by using Message
   Authentication Code (MAC) chaining.  The use of TESLA within the
   Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) has been published
   targeting multicast authentication in scenarios, where SRTP is
   applied to protect the multimedia data.  This solution assumes that
   TESLA parameters are made available by out-of-band mechanisms.

   This document specifies payloads for the Multimedia Internet Keying
   (MIKEY) protocol for bootstrapping TESLA for source authentication of
   secure group communications using SRTP.  TESLA may be bootstrapped
   using one of the MIKEY key management approaches, e.g., by using a
   digitally signed MIKEY message sent via unicast, multicast or
   broadcast.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-bootstrapping-tesla-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-msec-bootstrapping-tesla-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-bootstrapping-tesla-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce