Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cao-sip-response-auth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Response Authentication in Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: F. Cao
	Filename	: draft-cao-sip-response-auth-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2006-1-10
	
This draft describes some extensions for enhancing SIP response
   authentication.  In the real-world SIP deployment, TLS may be not
   available on some hops.  Due to the lack of other response
   authentication mechanisms in SIP, several kinds of security attacks
   could be conducted on those hops through SIP response.  This draft
   suggests some approaches for complementary enhancement on SIP
   response authentication.  With the new per-hop response
   authentication proposed in this draft, the security gaps on the hops
   without TLS can be bridged.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cao-sip-response-auth-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cao-sip-response-auth-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cao-sip-response-auth-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce