Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-buxey-document-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Clearing attributes on non-referenced material
	Author(s)	: A. Buxey
	Filename	: draft-buxey-document-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2006-1-24
	
   RFC 822 [RFC0822] defines many headers which can be applied to email
   messages and RFC 2076 [RFC2076] provides a simple summary of the
   commonly occurring headers in headings of e-mail messages.  Both of
   these RFCs define the 'In-Reply-To' and 'References' fields - which
   have since had their definitions improved in RFC 2822 [RFC2822] and
   RFC 1036 [RFC1036] respectively.  These fields are used by 'thread
   capable' email clients to display messages grouped together in
   organised parent/child relationships that enable the reader to follow
   a train of thought or a process of information dissemination.

   However, if a reply to such a threaded message does not contain
   relevant follow-up information or is used as a platform to deliver a
   new message with new subject, then that reply is put within the
   already existing thread.  This is known as 'Thread-Jacking'.  This
   draft proposes a couple of techniques which can be undertaken to
   resolve this issue within the scope of email.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-buxey-document-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-buxey-document-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-buxey-document-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce