Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jaihyung-lse-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Label Switching Ethernet (LSE) Architecture 
	Author(s)	: J. Cho, D. Kim
	Filename	: draft-jaihyung-lse-architecture-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2006-1-25
	
   A solution for GMPLS implementation using 48bits of Ethernet 
   multicast address as label is proposed. It is claimed that Ethernet 
   bridges supporting IEEE 802.1D-2004 and IEEE 802.1Q-2003 may 
   implement GMPLS according to this proposal without requiring 
   modification to data plane, hence this solution is an appropriate 
   candidate solution for GELS (GMPLS Ethernet Label Switching) group. 
   The LSP established in this method is intrinsically bi-directional. 
   Ethernet bridges of this implementation provide traffic engineered 
   frame delivery path. Any point-to-point LSP can be transformed to 
   multi-point LSP, and vice versa. It is interoperable with 802.1D/Q 
   bridges. This proposal allows automated setup of VLAN using GMPLS in 
   small scale network. IEEE 802.1 controlled spanning tree path may co-
   exist with GMPLS controlled LSP path when VLAN is used for 
   segregating GMPLS flows and normal Ethernet flows. Clear advantage of 
   this proposal compared to all-router based backbone network is cost-
   effectiveness that it helps reducing CAPEX/OPEX of operators. With 
   the aid of well-established IP technology, it also helps enhancing 
   scalability and manageability of bridged backbone network. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaihyung-lse-architecture-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jaihyung-lse-architecture-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jaihyung-lse-architecture-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce