Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2222bis-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Simple Authentication and Security Layer Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
	Author(s)	: A. Melnikov, K. Zeilenga
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2222bis-15.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2006-1-24
	
The Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) is a framework for
  providing authentication and data security services in
  connection-oriented protocols via replaceable mechanisms.  It provides
  a structured interface between protocols and mechanisms.  The
  resulting framework allows new protocols to reuse existing mechanisms
  and allows old protocols to make use of new mechanisms.  The framework
  also provides a protocol for securing subsequent protocol exchanges
  within a data security layer.

  This document describes how a SASL mechanism is structured, describes
  how protocols include support for SASL, and defines the protocol for
  carrying a data security layer over a connection.  Additionally, this
  document defines one SASL mechanism, the EXTERNAL mechanism.

  This document obsoletes RFC 2222.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2222bis-15.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2222bis-15.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2222bis-15.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce