Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cao-sip-response-identity-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Response Identity in Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: F. Cao
	Filename	: draft-cao-sip-response-identity-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-1-10
	
   The mechanism for securely providing responder's identity in response
   message is missing in the current Session Initiation Protocol.  Due
   to different call scenarios, the exact response identity is hard to
   guess through the existing response message.  This draft describes
   some extensions for providing SIP response identity and two security
   mechanisms for verifying the integrity of response identity.  It does
   so by defining new header fields as well as one new response code.
   Furthermore, the issue of how to require the presence of response
   identity in one SIP dialog is also discussed with one solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cao-sip-response-identity-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cao-sip-response-identity-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cao-sip-response-identity-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce