Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yao-ima-smtpext-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SMTP extension for internationalized email address
	Author(s)	: X. Lee, J. Yao
	Filename	: draft-yao-ima-smtpext-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2006-1-27
	
Internationalized eMail Address (IMA) includes two parts, the local
   part and the domain part.  IMA is different from the
   internationalizing domain name (IDN).  These are different
   infrastructures.  IDN can not use the negotiation mechanism.  IMA can
   use some negotiation mechanisms which provide us a good platform to
   solve the problem of IMA.  So IMA should be solved in the mail
   transport-level using the negotiation mechanism, which is an
   architecturally desirable approach.  This document specifies the use
   of SMTP extension for IMA delivery.  It also mentions the backward
   compatible mechanism for downgrade procedure, as specified in an
   associated specification.  The protocol proposed here is MTA-level
   solution which is feasible, architecturally more elegant, and not as
   difficult to deploy in relevant communities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yao-ima-smtpext-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yao-ima-smtpext-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yao-ima-smtpext-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce