Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wu-softwire-4over6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: 4over6 Transit using Encapsulation and BGP-MP Extension

	Author(s)	: J. Wu, et al.
	Filename	: draft-wu-softwire-4over6-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-2-23
	
Due to the rapid deployment of IPv6 networks, especially IPv6
backbones, the existing long-live IPv4 networks are connected to
these IPv6 networks.  In the environment that ISP hopes to use IPv6
backbones while still provides end users IPv4 access to support
existing IPv4 applications, IPv4 traffic needs to be transported over
IPv6 backbones.  Along with the growth of IPv6 backbones, the number
of IPv4 access networks becomes large and the IPv4/v6 interconnection
topology becomes complex.  Therefore, the manual configuration to a
large number of these end-2-end tunnels will be an insufferable
burden.  This draft addresses this problem and presents a mechanism
of automatic 4over6 tunnel-end discovery with BGP extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-softwire-4over6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wu-softwire-4over6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wu-softwire-4over6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce