Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-silverman-ieprep-mlefphb-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multi-Level Expedited Forwarding Per Hop Behavior (MLEF PHB)
	Author(s)	: S. Silverman, et al.
	Filename	: draft-silverman-ieprep-mlefphb-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-2-9
	
Some networks require certain packet flows to be transported with 
preferential treatment over others of the same type (e.g., voice or 
video).  This document defines a new PHB (Per Hop Behavior), the 
Multi-Level Expedited Forwarding (MLEF) PHB, which is a minor 
extension to EF defined in RFC 3246.  RFC 3246 defines the Expedited 
Forwarding PHB for applications requiring low latency, but with a 
single DSCP and treatment per queue.  Although EF suggests that 
packet discard should be used to achieve this behavior, it does not 
define an algorithm for packet discard.  This document extends that 
concept and defines a PHB with multiple discard treatments for 
packet flows for applications requiring low latency and multiple 
priority levels.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-silverman-ieprep-mlefphb-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-silverman-ieprep-mlefphb-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-silverman-ieprep-mlefphb-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce