Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-narayanan-pba-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Pre-Shared Key (PSK) Based Addresses (PBA)

	Author(s)	: N. Venkitaraman, V. Narayanan
	Filename	: draft-narayanan-pba-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2006-2-17
	
Cryptographically generated addresses (CGAs) provide a means of
generating an IP address that is tied to a public key of a node.
Using this means, the address ownership of the node can be verified
by using the public key of the node to decrypt data signed by the
node using its private key.  In AAA-based systems, there is currently
no means of performing such absolute address ownership checks, since
address authorization is traditionally outside the scope of AAA.

However, in some key generation protocols, it may be critical to
perform address ownership verification or authorization before the
generated key can be used.  When such key generation protocols are
AAA-based, there is no known method of address authorization to allow
this operation.

This draft provides a means of IPv6 address generation using a shared
secret so that the IP address of a node can be verified by the entity
with which the node shares the secret.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-pba-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-narayanan-pba-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-pba-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce