Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gray-trill-rbridge-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Architecture of an RBridge Solution to TRILL 

	Author(s)	: E. Gray
	Filename	: draft-gray-trill-rbridge-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2006-2-24
	
RBridges are link layer (L2) devices that use routing protocols 
as a control plane. They combine the link layer ability to allow 
hosts to reattach without renumbering with network layer routing 
benefits. RBridges use existing link state routing to provide 
higher RBridge to RBridge cross-section bandwidth, fast 
convergence on reconfiguration, and more robust under link 
interruption than an equivalent set of conventional bridges 
using existing spanning tree forwarding. They are intended to 
apply to similar L2 network sizes as conventional bridges and 
are intended to be backward compatible with those bridges as 
both ingress/egress and transit. They also attempt to retain as 
much 'plug and play' as is already available in existing 
bridges. This document proposes an RBridge system as a solution 
to the TRILL problem. It also defines the RBridge architecture, 
defines its terminology, and describes basic components and 
desired behavior. One or more separate documents specify the 
protocols and mechanisms that satisfy the architecture presented 
herein. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gray-trill-rbridge-arch-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gray-trill-rbridge-arch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gray-trill-rbridge-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce