Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extended Shim6 Design for ID/loc split and 
                          Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: E. Nordmark
	Filename	: draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2006-2-28
	
   The Shim6 protocol provides for locator agility while satisfying the
   'first, do no harm' security requirements.  This document outlines
   some extensions to Shim6 that in addition provides complete
   separation between identifiers and locators, and allows routers to
   rewrite the locators in the shim6 packets as a way to provide traffic
   engineering information to the hosts.

   The document also outlines a simple extension to allow shim6, with a
   CGA upper-layer ID, to operate using IPv4 addresses as locators.

   The purpose of this outline is to stimulate discussions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce