Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: OCSP Extensions to IKEv2
	Author(s)	: M. Myers, H. Tschofenig
	Filename	: draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-2-3
	
While IKEv2 supports public key based authentication (PKI), the
   corresponding use of in-band CRLs is problematic due to unbounded CRL
   size.  The size of an OCSP response is however well-bounded and
   small.  This document defines two extensions to IKEv2 which enable
   the use of OCSP for in-band signaling of certificate revocation
   status.  Two new content encodings are defined for use in the CERTREQ
   and CERT payloads: OCSP Responder Hash and OCSP Response.  An OCSP
   Responder Hash CERTREQ payload triggers transmission of an OCSP
   Response CERT payload.

   When certificates are used with IKEv2, the communicating peers need a
   mechanism to determine the revocation status of the peer's
   certificate.  OCSP is one such mechanism.  This document applies when
   OCSP is desired and security policy prevents one of the IKEv2 peers
   from accessing the relevant OCSP responder directly.  Firewalls are
   often deployed in a manner that prevents such access by IKEv2 peers
   outside of an enterprise network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce