Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gray-trill-routing-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TRILL Routing Requirements in Support of RBridges

	Author(s)	: E. Gray
	Filename	: draft-gray-trill-routing-reqs-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2006-2-24
	
RBridges provide the ability to have an entire campus, with multiple 
physical links, look to IP like a single subnet. The design allows 
for zero configuration of switches within an RBridge campus, optimal 
pair-wise routing, safe forwarding even during periods of temporary 
loops, and the potential ability to cut down on Address Resolution
Protocol (ARP) and/or Neighbor Discovery (ND) traffic. The design 
supports VLANs, allows forwarding tables to be based on destinations 
within the RBridge campus (rather than endnode destinations, allowing 
internal forwarding tables to be smaller than in conventional bridge 
systems) and re-uses existing routing protocols (for distribution of 
reachability of destinations and shortest path computation within an
RBridge campus, and potentially for peer/topology discovery). 

In order to accomplish this, the design may impose requirements for
extensions to one or more existing routing protocols necessary to 
accomplish the distribution and computation processes, as well as 
specific limits on interactions between bridge, R-Bridge and Router 
instances.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gray-trill-routing-reqs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gray-trill-routing-reqs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gray-trill-routing-reqs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce