Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-monami6-mipv6-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Nodes and Multiple Interfaces in IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Analysis of Multihoming in Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: N. Montavont, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-monami6-mipv6-analysis-00.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2006-2-22
	
The use of multiple interfaces is foreseen to provide ubiquitous,
permanent and fault-tolerant access to the Internet, particularly on
mobile nodes which are more prone to failure or sudden lack of
connectivity.  However, Mobile IPv6 currently lacks support for such
multihomed nodes.  The purpose of this document is to detail all the
issues arising through the operation of Mobile IPv6 on multihomed
mobile nodes.  A taxonmy is used to describe the different situations
where a mobile node is multihomed.  Issues are explained for each
multihomed configuration (number of interfaces, number of Home
Addresses or number of Care-of Addresses), and classified into
general IPv6 issues, issues pertaining to the specification of Mobile
IPv6, and issues related to the implementation of Mobile IPv6.  It is
not the intention of this document to imply that all issues must be
solved in the short term.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-monami6-mipv6-analysis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-monami6-mipv6-analysis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-monami6-mipv6-analysis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce