Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-polk-ecrit-mapping-events-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Analyzing ECRIT Mapping of a Location to an Emergency URI for Emergency Calling

	Author(s)	: J. Polk
	Filename	: draft-polk-ecrit-mapping-events-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2006-2-28
	
   Emergency calling is a localized event, requiring a caller to place 
   an specially identified local emergency call to a Public Safety 
   Answering Point (PSAP), while including the location of the caller 
   in that signaling.  The function of routing the set-up messaging to 
   the appropriate PSAP is performed by a mapping function that binds a
   given location with one or more PSAP SIP(S)-URIs.  This function is 
   done by the ECRIT mapping protocol.  This document analyzes when the
   ECRIT mapping protocol function can occur, and what general 
   components are involved in that mapping.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-ecrit-mapping-events-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-polk-ecrit-mapping-events-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-polk-ecrit-mapping-events-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce