Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-polk-ecrit-emergency-dialstring-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using the Session Initiation Protocol REGISTER Method To Obtain an Emergency Dialstring

	Author(s)	: J. Polk
	Filename	: draft-polk-ecrit-emergency-dialstring-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-2-28
	
   Most efforts to address emergency calling challenges over IP (and 
   cellular technologies such as GSM, TDMA, CDMA, etc, for that matter)
   have focused on locating the calling user in order to route the 
   emergency call set-up request to the appropriate Public Safety 
   Answering Point (PSAP). Little or no effort to date has focused on 
   informing the caller what dialstring sequence they may need to use 
   to initiate a call for emergency help.  This document describes how 
   the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) REGISTER Request message is 
   used to inform a user of which emergency dialstring (of the 60 known
   dialstring choices around the world) they should use, for where they
   are geographically.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-ecrit-emergency-dialstring-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-polk-ecrit-emergency-dialstring-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-polk-ecrit-emergency-dialstring-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce