Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mase-autoconf-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A common framework for autoconfiguration of  stand-alone ad hoc networks
	Author(s)	: K. Mase, et al.
	Filename	: draft-mase-autoconf-framework-01.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-2-9
	
We consider the unique local address autoconfiguration problem for
stand-alone ad hoc networks (MANETs).  Specifically, we consider two
cases.  First, a node without a pre-assigned and valid local address
acquires a new local address and becomes a member of a new or
existing MANET.  Second, two or more MANETs merge.  In the first
case, a mechanism of IP address generation based on a stateful or
stateless method is needed.  We also should have MANET-wide duplicate
address detection (MANET-DAD) on newly generated address (tentative
address) for suppressing occurrence of duplicate addresses regardless
of whether stateful or stateless method is employed for address
generation (pre-service MANET-DAD).  In the second case, duplicate
address may occur as the result of a merger of two formerly
independent networks.  We should have MANET-DAD on addresses in use
for resolving duplicate addresses and suppressing routing information
contamination due to existence of duplicate addresses (in-service
MANET-DAD).  To realize pre-service MANET-DAD and in-service MANET-
DAD, we define autoconfiguration states that are common for both
proactive and reactive routing protocol.  Each node exists in one of
the autoconfiguration states at any time.  The specific MANET-DAD
algorithm is beyond the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mase-autoconf-framework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce