Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-poretsky-mpls-protection-meth-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Benchmarking Methodology for MPLS Protection Mechanisms
	Author(s)	: S. Poretsky, et al.
	Filename	: draft-poretsky-mpls-protection-meth-05.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-2-10
	
This draft describes the methodology for benchmarking MPLS 
   protection mechanisms using the terminology defined in [TERMID].  
   An overview of existing MPLS protection terminology and 
   functionality is provided as as background for the 
   methodology.  The methodology can be applied to any MPLS protection
   mechanisms such as Standby LSP, Fast Reroute Detour  Mode, and Fast 
   Reroute Bypass Mode.  The methodology can also be used to benchmark
   LSP rerouting due to a Headend Reroute.  The data plane is measured 
   to obtain the benchmarking metrics.  Discussion is included to 
   explain the differences between MPLS Protection mechanisms, the 
   network events that cause failover, and the benefits of measuring 
   the data plane for black-box MPLS Protection benchmarking.   
   Measurements can be used to compare failover performance of 
   different Label-Switched Routers and evaluate the different MPLS 
   protection mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-mpls-protection-meth-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-poretsky-mpls-protection-meth-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-mpls-protection-meth-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce