Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opsec-misc-cap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Miscellaneous Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure

	Author(s)	: R. Callon, G. Jones
	Filename	: draft-ietf-opsec-misc-cap-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-2-22
	
The Framework for Operational Security Capabilities [11] outlines the
proposed effort of the IETF OPSEC working group.  This includes
producing a series of drafts to codify knowledge gained through
operational experience about feature sets that are needed to securely
deploy and operate managed network elements providing transit
services at the data link and IP layers.  Current plans include
separate capabilities documents for Packet Filtering; Event Logging;
In-Band and Out-of-Band Management; Configuration and Management
Interfaces; AAA; and Documentation and Assurance.  This document
describes some additional miscellaneous capabilities which do not fit
into any of these specific catagories, and whose descriptions are
brief enough that it does not seem appropriate to create a separate
document for each.

Operational Security Current Practices [12] lists current operator
practices related to securing networks.  This document lists
miscellaneous capabilities needed to support those practices.

Capabilities are defined without reference to specific technologies.
This is done to leave room for deployment of new technologies that
implement the capability.  Each capability cites the practices it
supports.  Current implementations that support the capability may be
cited.  Special considerations are discussed as appropriate listing
operational and resource constraints, limitations of current
implementations, tradeoffs, etc.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-misc-cap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-opsec-misc-cap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-misc-cap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce