Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generic EAP Encapsulation (GEE)

	Author(s)	: P. Barany, et al.
	Filename	: draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2006-2-24
	
The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is a general
authentication protocol that supports multiple authentication methods
and typically runs directly over data link layers without requiring
IP.  EAP can be used for both access and service authentication,
where the access network provider may or may not be the same as the
service network provider.  However, EAP itself does not have the
ability to differentiate between access and service authentication.
Furthermore, when the service network provider is a mobility service
provider, Mobile IP-AAA signaling is/can be used for service
authentication; thereby making EAP service authentication redundant.
However, EAP itself does not have the ability to instruct the peer
that it should use Mobile IP-AAA signaling for service authentication
instead of EAP.  This document specifies a general encapsulation
protocol, called Generic EAP Encapsulation (GEE), for differentiating
between access and service authentication and for communicating to
the peer that it should use Mobile IP-AAA signaling for service
authentication instead of EAP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce