Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile IPv4 Challenge/Response Extensions (revised)
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-05.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2006-2-1
	
Mobile IP, as originally specified, defines an authentication
   extension (the Mobile-Foreign Authentication extension) by which a
   mobile node can authenticate itself to a foreign agent.
   Unfortunately, that extension does not provide the foreign agent any
   direct guarantee that the protocol is protected from replays, and
   does not allow for the use of existing techniques (such as CHAP) for
   authenticating portable computer devices.

   In this specification, we define extensions for the Mobile IP Agent
   Advertisements and the Registration Request that allow a foreign
   agent to use a challenge/response mechanism to authenticate the
   mobile node.

   Furthermore, this document updates RFC3344 by including new
   authentication extension called the Mobile-AAA Authentication
   extension.  This new extension is provided so that a mobile node can
   supply credentials for authorization using commonly available AAA
   infrastructure elements.  This Authorization-enabling extension MAY
   co-exist in the same Registration Request with Authentication
   extensions defined for Mobile IP Registration by RFC3344.  This
   document obsoletes RFC3012.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3012bis-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce