Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-newtrk-promotion-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the New IETF Standards Track Discussion Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Cleaning the Attic II: Promoting Marketplace-approved Standards

	Author(s)	: J. Klensin, S. Dawkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-newtrk-promotion-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-2-23
	
Historically, Internet Standards have been characterized by three
primary criteria: the specifications are stable, implementations of
them have been demonstrated to be interoperable, and they have
achieved sufficient deployment to be considered useful.  The IETF has
developed specific rules for determining whether those criteria have
been met, but the rules and their implementation have sometimes not
adequately reflected those underlying criteria.  The result has been
that the application of the rules has not resulted in STDs for all
protocols that meet the underlying criteria.  This document proposes
a process experiment to reclassify standards-track documents whose
interoperability and utility have been demonstrated by the fact of
deployment and use in products being used by Internet users.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-newtrk-promotion-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-newtrk-promotion-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-newtrk-promotion-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce