Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-akhtar-sipping-3g-static-dictionary-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: 3G Wireless Support in the SIP/SDP Static 
                          Dictionary for Signaling Compression (SigComp)
	Author(s)	: H. Akhtar, et al.
	Filename	: draft-akhtar-sipping-3g-static-dictionary-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2006-2-28
	
   While using SIGComp [4] based compression in SIP/SDP [5] [6], it is 
   imperative to have access to a static dictionary to be used on the 
   first SIP message that the compressor sends out. The session set up
   time can be reduced significantly if the compression rate of the 
   first SIP message is considerably high.

   The existing static dictionary for SIP and SDP [2], however, does not
   include some wireless specific data elements. This document 
   introduces these new data elements that are specific to various 
   wireless access technologies. These new data elements are part of the  
   first SIP message (i.e., originating SIP Invite) used to initiate a 
   session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-akhtar-sipping-3g-static-dictionary-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-akhtar-sipping-3g-static-dictionary-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-akhtar-sipping-3g-static-dictionary-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce