Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shirey-secgloss-v2-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Security Glossary, Version 2
	Author(s)	: R. Shirey
	Filename	: draft-shirey-secgloss-v2-03.txt
	Pages		: 325
	Date		: 2006-2-21
	
This Glossary provides definitions, abbreviations, and explanations
of terminology for information system security. The 297 pages of
entries offer recommendations to improve the clarity of Internet
Standards documents (ISDs) and to make them more easily understood by
international readers. The recommendations follow the principles that
ISDs should (a) use the same term or definition whenever the same
concept is mentioned; (b) use terms in their plainest, dictionary
sense; (c) use terms that are already well-established in open
publications; and (d) avoid terms that are proprietary, favor a
particular vendor, or create a bias toward a particular technology or
mechanism versus other, competing techniques that already exist or
might be developed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shirey-secgloss-v2-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shirey-secgloss-v2-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shirey-secgloss-v2-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce