Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-foschiano-udld-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: UniDirectional Link Detection (UDLD) Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Foschiano
	Filename	: draft-foschiano-udld-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-2-14
	
This document describes a protocol that can be used to detect and 
disable unidirectional Ethernet fiber or copper links caused for 
instance by mis-wiring of fiber strands, interface malfunctions, 
media converters' faults, etc.  It operates at Layer 2 in conjunction 
with IEEE 802.3's existing Layer 1 fault detection mechanisms. 
    
Please note that this document is not meant to be used as an 
implementation reference for inter-vendor interoperability purposes. 
Its objective instead is to be an informative reference for users who 
wish to deploy services based on the protocol herein described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-foschiano-udld-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-foschiano-udld-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-foschiano-udld-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce