Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-froment-sipping-spit-authz-policies-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Authorization Policies for Preventing SPIT

	Author(s)	: T. Froment, et al.
	Filename	: draft-froment-sipping-spit-authz-policies-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-2-21
	
SPAM, defined as sending unsolicited messages to someone in bulk,
might be a problem on SIP open-wide deployed networks.  The
responsibility for filtering or blocking calls can belong to
different elements in the call flow and may depend on various
factors.  This document discusses mechanisms to establish policies to
react on potentially unwanted communication attempts.

These policies match a particular SIP communication pattern based on
a number of attributes.  The range of attributes includes information
provided, for example, by the Session Initiation Protocol, SIP
identity mechanism, SIP-SAML and SPIT-SAML.

An important topic for investigation is to decide whether the problem
is worth analyzing, the choice of a policy language for describing
authorization policies and to provide a mechanisms to create and
modify authorization policies that are stored in XML documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-froment-sipping-spit-authz-policies-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-froment-sipping-spit-authz-policies-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-froment-sipping-spit-authz-policies-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce