Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-francois-ordered-fib-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Loop-free convergence using ordered FIB updates
	Author(s)	: P. Francois, et al.
	Filename	: draft-francois-ordered-fib-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-2-23
	
This draft proposes a mechanism to prevent transient loops during
non-urgent topology changes by ordering the FIB updates on routers,
in networks which use link state routing protocols. This mechanism
can be used in case of graceful link shutdowns, metric changes and
when a link is enabled. The mechanism can also be used in the case of
link-state change of a set of links attached to one common node, e.g.
a linecard removal. The solution can also be used in conjunction with
a FRR mechanism which turns a sudden link failure into a non-urgent
change, by ensuring a local protection of the link, if protection is
ensured for all the prefixes that are reached via this link. After a
non-urgent topology change, each router computes a rank that defines
the time at which it can safely update its FIB. A completion message
mechanism is also proposed in order to speed up the convergence
process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-francois-ordered-fib-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-francois-ordered-fib-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-francois-ordered-fib-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce