Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-otis-smtp-name-path-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SMTP Name Path Registration
	Author(s)	: D. Otis
	Filename	: draft-otis-smtp-name-path-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2006-4-17
	
This document describes a safe means to register delivery paths used
by a domain's messages.  Message handling might be negatively
affected without an apparent relationship between the sending system
and the various email related source domains contain within either
the message envelope or the message itself.  Name based associations
can be achieved within a single DNS transaction.  The alternative has
been to assemble a list of IP addresses for all systems employed to
send messages for a domain.  The IP address list approach may require
hundreds of DNS transactions that endanger the network.  The safer
name based method accommodates an unlimited number of sending
systems, without the overultipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce