Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rja-ripv2-auth-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RIPv2 Cryptographic Authentication
	Author(s)	: M. Fanto, R. Atkinson
	Filename	: draft-rja-ripv2-auth-04.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-4-11
	
This note describes a revision to the RIPv2 Cryptographic
Authentication mechanism originally specified in RFC-2082.  This
document obsoletes RFC-2082. This document adds details of how the SHA
family of hash algorithms can be used with RIPv2 Cryptographic
Authentication, whereas the original document only specified the use
of Keyed-MD5.  Also, this document clarifies a potential issue with an
active attack on this mechanism and adds significant text to the
Security Considerations section.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rja-ripv2-auth-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rja-ripv2-auth-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rja-ripv2-auth-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce