Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jurski-pppext-iphc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Header Compression over PPP
	Author(s)	: J. Jurski
	Filename	: draft-jurski-pppext-iphc-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-4-4
	
This document extends RFC 3544 (which extended its predecessor,
RFC 2509) by specifying additional negotiation options to PPP Control
Protocols for IPv4 and IPv6 (see RFC 1332, RFC 2472).  The
negotiation options specified in RFC 2509 defined an all-or-nothing
strategy for applying header compression: peers were assumed to
support compression for any combination of headers.  RFC 3544 refined
that strategy to make it possible to negotiate header compression for
only TCP or only non-TCP packets.  The current document further
refines the strategy by also making it possible to negotiate header
compression for only particular combinations of headers or header
types.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jurski-pppext-iphc-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jurski-pppext-iphc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jurski-pppext-iphc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce