Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-malas-sipping-congestion-header-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) CONGESTION Header Field 
	Author(s)	: D. Malas, R. Terpstra
	Filename	: draft-malas-sipping-congestion-header-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-4-25
	
This document defines a new header field for use with SIP.  The 
CONGESTION header field is used to report insufficient resources to an 
upstream element.  It provides a means for passing the congestion 
information, but does not dictate how the receiver of the information 
should react to the information.  This header is intended to provide a 
mechanism for decreasing the dependence on the 503 response code for 
determining an overloaded state.  In addition, it provides detailed 
congestion awareness functionality, to compensate for current limited 
capabilities in SIP.  This functionality can provide specific 
information regarding the cause of the congestion for custom application treatment policies.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malas-sipping-congestion-header-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-malas-sipping-congestion-header-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-malas-sipping-congestion-header-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce