Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-davey-iialp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Iowa Internet Annoyance Logging Protocol (IIALP) pronounced E'-alp
	Author(s)	: G. Davey, et al.
	Filename	: draft-davey-iialp-05.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2006-4-14
	
This draft describes a system by which Internet Annoyances can be
logged quickly and automatically using IIALP (Iowa Internet Annoyance
Logging Protocol).  The annoyance logs on a particular IIALP Server
are condensed and forwarded up the IIALP hierarchy to central Root
IIALP Servers for central annoyance queries.  Serial numbers and TTL
values keep the individual reports organized and dated.  One unique
complaint per IP per epoch period prevents flooding.  Differences
in detail and propagation parameters exist between Root and
Subordinate IIALP Servers to allow for more detail to be kept at the
originating IIALP Server. Transmission Echoes, Redundant Handshaking,
and Hierarchy Structure eliminate erroneous reporting.  Routers and 
software running IIALP can use IIALP to create dynamic QOS
lists for abusing Internet assets exceeding a set limit.  IIALP allows
for an infinite number of different types of annoyances to exist but
has concise templates for common annoyances such as SPAM.  IIALP
is a centralized logging system for Internet annoyance event
reporting.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-davey-iialp-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-davey-iialp-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-davey-iialp-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce