Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CEQMM: A Complete and Efficient Quality of service Model for MANETs
	Author(s)	: H. Badis
	Filename	: draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-00.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2006-4-25
	
This draft specifies CEQMM, a Complete and Efficient Quality of 
Service (QoS) Model for MANETs which combines the positive aspects 
of both IntServ and DiffServ. It uses a hybrid per-flow and per-class
provisioning scheme. In such a scheme, traffic of highest priority is
given per-flow provisioning while other priority classes are given
per-class provisioning. To offer this scheme and to ensure that
certain packets receive higher priority transmission than other 
packets, priority classifier, active queue management and packet 
scheduler are integrated. CEQMM applies the QOLSR protocol to support
multiple-metric routing criteria and to respond quickly when changes
in topology and/or QoS conditions are detected. Once a path is chosen
for one QoS flow, CEQMM performs call admission control (CAC) at each
intermediate node. For only QoS flows of highest priority, a node can
precede to soft and later hard bandwidth reservation on links during
the CAC process.  CEQMM implements congestion avoidance mechanisms to
prevent a network from entering the congested state.  However, in
MANETs, network congestion can still occur frequently under mobility.
In order to prevent performance degradation due to mobility-triggered
congestion, CEQMM uses congestion control scheme based on: (i) rated
control of best-effort traffic in the originator node, (ii) path
selection for best-effort traffic, (iii) active queue management and
(iv) backoff timer method.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce