Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eddy-dtn-sdnv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using Self-Delimiting Numeric Values in Protocols
	Author(s)	: W. Eddy
	Filename	: draft-eddy-dtn-sdnv-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-4-20
	
   Self-Delimiting Numeric Values (SDNVs) have recently been introduced
   as fields used in proposed Delay-Tolerant Networking protocols.  The
   basic goal of an SDNV is to hold a positive integer value of
   arbitrary magnitude, without consuming much more space than
   necessary.  This can be desirable in allowing protocol header fields
   to evolve as appropriate for a given use, without making difficult
   and potentially erroneous engineering decisions that may have to be
   hacked around in the future.  This document describes formats and
   algorithms for SDNV encoding and decoding, and discusses several
   other aspects of SDNVs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eddy-dtn-sdnv-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eddy-dtn-sdnv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eddy-dtn-sdnv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce