Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-templin-mtuassurance-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for IP-in-IP Tunnel MTU Assurance
	Author(s)	: F. Templin
	Filename	: draft-templin-mtuassurance-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2006-4-28
	
IP-in-IP tunnels present a Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) to layer 3
via static prearrangements and/or dynamic MTU determination based on
layer 2 ICMP messages, but these methods have known operational
limitations that can fail to enforce an assured MTU resulting in
degraded performance and communications failures.  A method for
providing an assured MTU to layer 3 over IP-in-IP tunnels is needed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-mtuassurance-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, sendhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce