Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-shim6-proto-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Level 3 multihoming shim protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Bagnulo, E. Nordmark
	Filename	: draft-ietf-shim6-proto-05.txt
	Pages		: 123
	Date		: 2006-5-25
	
The SHIM6 protocol is a layer 3 shim for providing locator agility
   below the transport protocols, so that multihoming can be provided
   for IPv6 with failover and load sharing properties, without assuming
   that a multihomed site will have a provider independent IPv6 address
   prefix which is announced in the global IPv6 routing table.  The
   hosts in a site which has multiple provider allocated IPv6 address
   prefixes, will use the shim6 protocol specified in this document to
   setup state with peer hosts, so that the state can later be used to
   failover to a different locator pair, should the original one stop
   working.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-proto-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-shim6-proto-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-proto-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce