Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-salowey-eap-emsk-deriv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Specification for the Derivation of Usage 
                          Specific Root Keys (USRK) from an Extended Master Session Key (EMSK)
	Author(s)	: J. Salowey, et al.
	Filename	: draft-salowey-eap-emsk-deriv-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2006-5-12
	
   An Extended Master Session Key (EMSK) is a cryptographic key
   generated from an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) exchange
   reserved solely for the purpose of deriving master keys for one or
   more purposes identified as usage definitions.  This document
   specifies a mechanism for deriving cryptographically separate root
   keys from the EMSK, called usage specific root Keys (USRK).  The
   document provides a set of requirements for avoiding conflicts
   between usage definitions to ensure this cryptographic separation.
   The USRK is used according to the usage definition defined for a
   specific purpose.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salowey-eap-emsk-deriv-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-salowey-eap-emsk-deriv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-salowey-eap-emsk-deriv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce