Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LSP Preemption Policies for MPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: J. de Oliveira, et al.
	Filename	: draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-05.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-5-8
	
When the establishment of a higher priority (Traffic Engineering
Label Switched Path) TE LSP requires the preemption of a set of lower
priority TE LSPs, a node has to make a local decision to select which
TE LSPs will be preempted.  The preempted LSPs are then rerouted by
their respective Head-end Label Switch Router (LSR).  A preempted TE
LSP can either be hard preempted or soft preempted.  In the former
case, the preemption results in clearing the corresponding state and
may cause traffic disruption.  In the later case, the Head-end LSR of
a soft-preempted TE LSP is notified such that it can perform a non-
disruptive reroute, using the "make before break" mechanism.  This
document presents a flexible policy that can be used to achieve
different objectives: preempt the lowest priority LSPs; preempt the
minimum number of LSPs; preempt the set of TE LSPs that provide the
closest amount of bandwidth to the required bandwidth for the
preempting TE LSPs (to minimize bandwidth wastage); preempt the LSPs
that will have the maximum chance to get rerouted.  Simulation
results are given and a comparison among several different policies,
with respect to preemption cascading, number of preempted LSPs,
priority, wasted bandwidth and blocking probability is also included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce