Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-khosravi-nea-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Network Endpoint Access (NEA) 
	Author(s)	: H. Khosravi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-khosravi-nea-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-5-23
	
This document defines the interface requirements between the 
components of the NEA (Network Endpoint Assessment) conceptual 
architecture.  NEA provides owners of networks (e.g. an enterprise 
offering remote access) a mechanism to learn the operational state 
or posture of a system requesting network access and then apply this 
knowledge to the network admission decision.  In this case, 
operational posture refers to information about the configuration 
and use of hardware and software capabilities available or running 
on the system.  This information is frequently useful for detecting 
systems that are lacking (or have out of date) security protective 
mechanisms (e.g. anti-virus, firewall.) 
 
In order to provide context for the requirements, a conceptual 
architecture and terminology is introduced.  This architecture is 
provided for informational purposes but is based on the models used 
by NAC[9], NAP[10] and TNC[8]. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-khosravi-nea-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-khosravi-nea-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-khosravi-nea-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce