Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mase-autoconf-gap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Gateway Aggregation Protocol (GAP) for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
	Author(s)	: K. Mase, Y. Owada
	Filename	: draft-mase-autoconf-gap-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2006-5-18
	
We consider Internet connectivity of a mobile ad hoc network (MANET),
where two or more fixed or mobile nodes (MNs) may have a wired or
wireless interface to the fixed Internet in addition to the wireless
interface for the MANET.  The points of attachment of MNs to the
Internet are termed as "Access Routers (ARs)," A stationary MN, that
has wired connection with the Internet may become an AR itself.
Typically, only a single AR is used as the Internet Gateway (IGW).
In rare occasions, two or more IGWs may be used, but the number of
the IGWs is kept minimized.  This feature is called "Gateway
Aggregation."  MANET routing protocol runs on the ARs and IGWs and
routing control messages and data packets of the MANET are tunneled
between an MN and its associated AR, between an AR and its selected
IGW and between an IGW and its peer IGW.  The IGW advertises the
network prefix for the MNs to configure their global care-of-
addresses.  A MN configures its care-of-address with prefix
advertised by one of the IGWs.  Once it obtains its global address,
it does not have to change it during its stay in the MANET.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-gap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mase-autoconf-gap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-gap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce