Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-otis-dkim-reliance-level-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DKIM Signing Domain Reliance Level
	Author(s)	: D. Otis
	Filename	: draft-otis-dkim-reliance-level-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2006-5-10
	
   This document describes a mechanism permitting the DKIM signing
   domain to indicate different levels of reliance be given to specific
   messages by the recipient.  This reliance indication is a security
   and safety enhancement when messages are selectively screened or
   annotated based upon generally trusted DKIM signing domains.  Using
   this reliance mechanism, the signing domain better protects
   recipients by indicating low reliance levels when messages are from
   poorly-vetted sources.  A low reliance level warns the recipient to
   increase the scrutiny given to such messages and also to
   appropriately limit message annotations.  Without a means for a DKIM
   signing domain to partition the handling of their messages, their
   least vetted source may diminish the trust that might otherwise be
   established for their signed messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-reliance-level-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-otis-dkim-reliance-level-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-reliance-level-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce