Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-oki-pce-vntm-def-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Definition of Virtual Network Topology Manager
                          (VNTM) for PCE-based Inter-Layer MPLS and
                          GMPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: E. Oki, et al.
	Filename	: draft-oki-pce-vntm-def-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2006-6-19
	
     A network may be built from multiple layers that may be technology-
     specific divisions, or may be administrative divisions. It is 
     important to globally optimize network resource utilization, taking 
     into account all layers, rather than optimizing resource 
     utilization at each layer independently. This allows better network 
     efficiency to be achieved through a process that we call inter-
     layer traffic engineering (TE).  
      
     The Virtual Network Topology (VNT) is defined as the network 
     topology formed by lower-layer LSPs and advertised to the higher 
     layer as TE links. The Path Computation Element (PCE) can be a 
     powerful tool to achieve inter-layer traffic engineering, but 
     requires a separate function to manage and control the VNT. 
     This document defines the VNT Manager (VNTM), which manages and 
     controls the VNT for PCE-based inter-layer traffic engineering. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oki-pce-vntm-def-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-oki-pce-vntm-def-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-oki-pce-vntm-def-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce