Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-design-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Design Considerations for the Common MIH Protocol Functions
	Author(s)	: E. Hepworth, et al.
	Filename	: draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-design-considerations-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-6-21
	
The MIPSHOP working group is currently developing functionality to
support media independent handover services, which are intended to
aid IP handover mechanisms between heterogeneous wired and wireless
access systems.  These handover services provide a mechanism by which
information such as the presence of neighbouring links and networks,
and their associated characteristics, can be delivered to mobile and
other network nodes for the purposes of supporting better handover
decisions.  A key component of the solution is the protocols that are
used to deliver the various types of information to the appropriate
destination node.  A separate problem statement draft outlines a
structure for this set of protocols as a unified set of common
functions, supporting a more diverse set of application specific
protocols.  This draft outlines the key considerations that have to
be considered when selecting or designing protocols for such common
functionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-design-considerations-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-design-considerations-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-design-considerations-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce