Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-otis-dkim-security-concerns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DKIM Security Concerns
	Author(s)	: D. Otis
	Filename	: draft-otis-dkim-security-concerns-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2006-6-21
	
   This document describes a few security concerns remaining within the
   working group draft of the DKIM base document.  As the base document
   is a work-in-progress, some issues may have been already resolved.
   As with many protocols, accommodations for convenience are balanced
   against possible negative security repercussions.  This draft
   attempts to expand upon some of these repercussions.  In addition,
   some threat scenarios may have been considered too improbable to
   warrant the inclusion of mechanisms exceeding prior strategies.  This
   draft attempts to justify added precaution.  And lastly, some
   considerations may have neglected a transformation occurring with the
   display of the email-address localpart and domain impacting a
   recipient's recognition.  This draft offers minor remedies for these
   security related issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-security-concerns-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-otis-dkim-security-concerns-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-otis-dkim-security-concerns-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce