Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-simple-auth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 02:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The TCP Simple Authentication Option
	Author(s)	: J. Touch, A. Mankin
	Filename	: draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-simple-auth-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-6-28
	
This document specifies a TCP Simple Authentication Option (TCP-SA) 
   which is intended to replace the TCP MD5 Signature option of RFC-2385 
   (TCP/MD5). TCP-SA specifies the use of stronger HMAC-based hashes and 
   provides more details on the association of security associations 
   with TCP connections. TCP-SA assumes an external, out-of-band 
   mechanism (manual or via a separate protocol) for session key 
   establishment, parameter negotiation, and rekeying, replicating the 
   separation of key management and key use as in the IPsec suite. 
   The result is intended to be a simple modification to support current 
   infrastructure uses of TCP/MD5, such as to protect BGP and LDP, to 
   support a larger set of hashes with minimal other system and 
   operational changes. TCP-SA requires no new option identifier, though 
   it is intended to be mutually exclusive with TCP/MD5 on a given TCP 
   connection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-simple-auth-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-simple-auth-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-simple-auth-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce