Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pierrel-hip-sima-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simultaneous Multi-Access extension to the Host Identity Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Pierrel, et al.
	Filename	: draft-pierrel-hip-sima-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2006-6-20
	
A Host Identity Protocol supporting host is able to use multiple
interfaces simultaneously when it implements the Mobility and
Multihoming HIP extensions.  The protocol defines currently
simultaneous usage via multiple interfaces only towards different
peer hosts.  Simultaneously using multiple interfaces towards one
peer node was not defined due to e.g. potential problems with upper
layer congestion control algorithms.  The limitation of that protocol
is that it allows only one interface to be used at a time between the
multi-homed host and the peer host.  There is no mechanism to
separate the flows between two hosts and to allow them to use
different interfaces independent from each other.  This memo presents
a method where two HIP hosts, of which at least one is multi-homed,
can separate different upper layer data flows such as TCP and UDP
between the hosts and allow them to use different interfaces at the
multi-homed host.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pierrel-hip-sima-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pierrel-hip-sima-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pierrel-hip-sima-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce