Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-korhonen-mobopts-link-characteristics-ps-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Link Characteristic Information for IP Mobility Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: J. Korhonen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-korhonen-mobopts-link-characteristics-ps-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-6-9
	
This document discusses the problem space related to frequent changes
in the local link or sub-path characteristics of a mobile node due to
various reasons such as vertical handovers and the delivery of the
sub-path characteristic information from a mobile node to its peer
nodes.  The purpose of this document is to define the scope and
requirements for possible future work on a generic sub-path
characteristic information delivery mechanism for optimizing IP
mobility  performance and reducing the implications that significant
changes in the local link or sub-path characteristics tend to create
to the transport and application protocol behaviour by altering the
end-to-end path properties.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-korhonen-mobopts-link-characteristics-ps-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-korhonen-mobopts-link-characteristics-ps-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-korhonen-mobopts-link-characteristics-ps-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce