Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bournelle-pana-mip6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using PANA in the Mobile IPv6 Integrated Case
	Author(s)	: J. Bournelle, et al.
	Filename	: draft-bournelle-pana-mip6-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-6-28
	
A Mobile IPv6 node needs a home address, a home agent address and a
security association with its home agent.  One of the current
challenge is to dynamically provide these information to the Mobile
Node.  This problem is known as the Mobile IPv6 Bootstrapping
problem.  A solution for this is to rely on the AAA infrastructure to
provide the Home Agent Information to the Network Access server
(NAS).  Then the Mobile Node uses DHCPv6 to get this information.
This document provides a way for the Mobile Node to get the Home
Agent information by using the PANA protocol instead of DHCPv6.

Before the authentication phase, the PANA Authentication Agent (PAA)
indicates to the PANA Client (PaC) that it can provide him with the
Home Agent Information.  According to the PANA client's response,
after the authentication and authorization phase with the AAA
infrastructure, the PAA will send this information to the PaC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bournelle-pana-mip6-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bournelle-pana-mip6-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bournelle-pana-mip6-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce