Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) Using BGP 
                          for Auto-discovery and Signaling
	Author(s)	: K. Kompella, Y. Rekhter
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp-08.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
Virtual Private LAN (Local Area Network) Service (VPLS), also known
as Transparent LAN Service, and Virtual Private Switched Network
service, is a useful Service Provider offering.  The service offers a
Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (VPN); however, in the case of VPLS,
the customers in the VPN are connected by a multipoint Ethernet LAN,
in contrast to the usual Layer 2 VPNs, which are point-to-point in
nature.

This document describes the functions required to offer VPLS, a
mechanism for signaling a VPLS, and rules for forwarding VPLS frames
across a packet switched network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce