Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pettersen-tls-interop-experience-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Clientside interoperability experiences for 
                          the SSL and TLS protocols
	Author(s)	: Y. Pettersen
	Filename	: draft-pettersen-tls-interop-experience-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2006-6-21
	
   This document presents a number of problems encountered when
   implementing TLS 1.0, TLS 1.0 and TLS Extensions for clients, and
   their consequences.  The problems include servers that refuse to
   connect with clients supporting newer versions of the protocol, or
   does not handle such negotiation properly.  Other problems
   encountered are incorrect use of values in the protocol messages.

   The consequences of these problems range from delayed introduction of
   new protocol versions and features, to fallback mechanisms that may
   disable protocol security features, to implementations that cannot
   interoperate with some other implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-tls-interop-experience-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pettersen-tls-interop-experience-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-tls-interop-experience-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce