Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hancock-mipshop-gist-for-mih-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Supporting Media Independent Handover Protocols with GIST
	Author(s)	: R. Hancock, E. Hepworth
	Filename	: draft-hancock-mipshop-gist-for-mih-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-6-21
	
The MIPSHOP working group is working on common functionality
necessary for the support of media independent handover (MIH)
protocols, initially focussing on the architectures being developed
with the 802.21 working group of the IEEE.  A problem statement draft
describing the context and scope of the common functionality is
already in progress, and a second draft has been prepared that
describes the main protocol design issues that have to be taken into
consideration.  Although the common functionality (relating to
transport and security requirements) is mainly standard, there is
still a significant element of protocol design to integrate them with
the MIH service itself, including in particular secure peer discovery
and capability negotiation.  This draft presents a solution for the
common protocol functionality based on the use of the General
Internet Signaling Transport (GIST) protocol, which has been
developed in the NSIS working group.  GIST can already satisfy the
bulk of the protocol requirements in its current form, and this draft
explains how this existing GIST functionality fits into the MIH
problem space.  The main special requirements for MIH relate to
signalling node discovery and message routing, and this draft
outlines three options for supporting these requirements within the
GIST framework

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hancock-mipshop-gist-for-mih-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hancock-mipshop-gist-for-mih-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hancock-mipshop-gist-for-mih-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce