Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gray-trill-rbridge-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Architecture of an RBridge Solution to TRILL
	Author(s)	: E. Gray
	Filename	: draft-gray-trill-rbridge-arch-01.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2006-6-27
	
RBridges are link layer (L2) devices that use routing protocols 
as a control plane. They combine several of the benefits of the 
link layer with network layer routing benefits. RBridges use 
existing link state routing to provide higher RBridge to RBridge 
cross-section bandwidth, fast convergence on reconfiguration, 
and more robustness under link interruption than an equivalent 
set of conventional bridges using existing spanning tree 
forwarding. They are intended to apply to similar L2 network 
sizes as conventional bridges and are intended to be backward 
compatible with those bridges as both ingress/egress and 
transit. They also attempt to retain as much 'plug and play' as 
is already available in existing bridges. This document proposes 
an RBridge system as a solution to the TRILL problem. It also 
defines the RBridge architecture, defines its terminology, and 
describes basic components and desired behavior. One or more 
separate documents specify the protocols and mechanisms that 
satisfy the architecture presented herein.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gray-trill-rbridge-arch-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gray-trill-rbridge-arch-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gray-trill-rbridge-arch-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce