Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-funk-tls-inner-application-extension-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TLS Inner Application Extension (TLS/IA)
	Author(s)	: P. Funk, et al.
	Filename	: draft-funk-tls-inner-application-extension-03.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 2006-6-28
	
This document defines a new TLS extension called "Inner Application".
When TLS is used with the Inner Application extension (TLS/IA),
additional messages are exchanged after completion of the TLS
handshake, in effect providing an extended handshake prior to the
start of upper layer data communications.  Each TLS/IA message
contains an encrypted sequence of Attribute-Value-Pairs (AVPs) from
the RADIUS/Diameter namespace.  Hence, the AVPs defined in RADIUS and
Diameter have the same meaning in TLS/AI; that is, each attribute
code point refers to the same logical attribute in any of these
protocols.  Arbitrary "applications" may be implemented using the AVP
exchange.  Possible applications include EAP or other forms of user
authentication, client integrity checking, provisioning of additional
tunnels, and the like.  Use of the RADIUS/Diameter namespace provides
natural compatibility between TLS/IA applications and widely deployed
AAA infrastructures.

It is anticipated that TLS/IA will be used with and without
subsequent protected data communication within the tunnel established
by the handshake.  For example, TLS/IA may be used to secure an HTTP
data connection, allowing more robust password-based user
authentication to occur than would otherwise be possible using
mechanisms available in HTTP.  TLS/IA may also be used for its
handshake portion alone; for example, EAP-TTLSv1 encapsulates a
TLS/IA handshake in EAP as a means to mutually authenticate a client
and server and establish keys for a separate data connection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-From [email-masked] Wed Jun 28 19:43:45 2006
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:50:02 -0400
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-07.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Carrying Location Objects in RADIUS
	Author(s)	: H. Tschofenig, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-07.txt
	Pages		: 56
	Date		: 2006-6-28
	
This document describes RADIUS attributes for conveying access
network ownership and location information based on a civic and
geospatial location format.

The distribution of location information is a privacy sensitive task.
Dealing with mechanisms to preserve the user's privacy is important
and addressed in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which hadrafts/draft-funk-tls-inner-application-extension-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-funk-tls-inner-application-extension-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-funk-tls-inner-application-extension-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce