Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-conroy-enum-edns0-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ENUM Requirement for EDNS0 Support
	Author(s)	: L. Conroy, J. Reid
	Filename	: draft-conroy-enum-edns0-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2006-6-29
	
Support for EDNS0 (Extension Mechanisms for DNS) is mandated in this
   document for DNS entities querying for or serving NAPTR records.  In
   general those entities will be supporting ENUM resolution.  This
   requirement is needed because DNS responses to ENUM-related queries
   generally return large RRSets.  Without EDNS0 support these lookups
   would result in truncated responses and repeated queries over TCP
   transport.  That has a severe impact on DNS server load and on the
   latency of those queries.

   This document updates RFC3761 only in adding this requirement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-conroy-enum-edns0-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-conroy-enum-edns0-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-conroy-enum-edns0-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce