Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload for DTMF Digits, Telephony Tones and Telephony Signals
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne, T. Taylor
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-14.txt
	Pages		: 56
	Date		: 2006-6-6
	
This memo describes how to carry dual-tone multifrequency (DTMF)
signaling, other tone signals and telephony events in RTP packets.
It obsoletes RFC 2833.

This memo captures and expands upon the basic framework defined in
RFC 2833, but retains only the most basic event codes.  It sets up an
IANA registry to which other event code assignments may be added.
Companion documents add event codes to this registry relating to
modem, fax, text telephony, and channel-associated signalling events.
The remainder of the event codes defined in RFC 2833 are available
for reassignment.  See Appendix A for details, which include
reassignment of some event codes that apparently had no
implementation in the past and duplicated the meaning of other codes
that have been retained.

[RFC Editor: please change the Informative reference following RFC
4103 to the RFC number assigned to
draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata-07.txt, one of the "companion
documents" referred to above.]

In terms of procedure, this document provides a number of
clarifications to the original document.  However, it specifically
differs from RFC 2833 by removing the requirement that all compliant
implementations support the DTMF events.  Instead, compliant
implementations taking part in out-of-band negotiations of media
stream content indicate what events they support.  As well, this memo
adds three new procedures to the RFC 2833 framework: subdivision of
long events into segments, reporting of multiple events in a single
packet, and the concept and reporting of state events.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-14.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-14.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-14.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce