Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-froment-sipping-spit-authz-policies-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Authorization Policies for Preventing SPIT
	Author(s)	: T. Froment, et al.
	Filename	: draft-froment-sipping-spit-authz-policies-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-6-28
	
SPAM, defined as sending unsolicited messages to someone in bulk,
might be a problem on SIP open-wide deployed networks.  The
responsibility for filtering or blocking calls can belong to
different elements in the call flow and may depend on various
factors.  This document discusses mechanisms to establish policies to
react on potentially unwanted communication attempts.

These policies match a particular Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
communication pattern based on a number of attributes.  The range of
attributes includes information provided, for example, by the SIP
itself, by the SIP identity mechanism, by information carried within
SAML assertions (as introduced with SIP-SAML) and by the SPIT-SAML
extensions.

This document raises the question whether it is worth to investigate
the aspect of authorization policy usage for SPIT prevention.  If so,
then the choice of a policy language for describing authorization
policies and the details of the authorization policies becomes
important.  Mechanisms to create, modify and delete authorization
policies that are stored in XML documents are already available with
XCAP and WEBDAV and can be reused.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-froment-sipping-spit-authz-policies-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-froment-sipping-spit-authz-policies-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-froment-sipping-spit-authz-policies-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce