Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wu-softwire-mesh-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Framework for Softwire Mesh Signaling, 
                          Routing and Encapsulation across IPv4 and IPv6 Backbone Networks
	Author(s)	: J. Wu, et al.
	Filename	: draft-wu-softwire-mesh-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2006-6-21
	
The softwires mesh problem identfies a requirement for a generalized,
network-based client IP(x)-over-backbone IP(y) solution in support of
the transition to IPv6.  Connectivity between islands of IPv6, IPv4
or IPv6/v4 networks will be enabled across a single IPv4 or IPv6
backbone network employing IP (or MPLS) tunnels called softwires.
This solution will re-use where appropriate existing multi-address
family routing mechanisms such as the Border Gateway Protocol as well
as existing IP (and label) tunnel encapsulation schemes.  The intent
is to encourage multiple, inter-operable vendor implementations in
the hope operators will find it easier and more attractive to support
the transition to IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-softwire-mesh-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wu-softwire-mesh-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wu-softwire-mesh-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce