Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-burger-mscl-thoughts-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Media Server Control Language and Protocol Thoughts
	Author(s)	: E. Burger
	Filename	: draft-burger-mscl-thoughts-01.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2006-6-6
	
IP mutli-function Media Server control is a problem that has slowly
bubbled up in importance over the past four years.  A driver in the
IETF is the requirements generated by the XCON framework.  Many
approaches have been proposed.  Some of these proposals are device-
controlled-oriented, such as H.248.  Others are server-oriented,
using SIP and application-oriented markup.  Before rushing headlong
into a framework for a solution, it is time to step back and try to
understand just what the scope of the problem is.  Once consensus is
reached, we can then move forward with a framework for a solution.

This document describes a number of existing approaches and proposals
to solve the Application Server - Media Server protocol problem,
their characteristics and benefits and drawbacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-mscl-thoughts-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-burger-mscl-thoughts-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-burger-mscl-thoughts-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce