Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bradford-pce-path-key-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Preserving Topology Confidentiality in Inter-Domain Path Computation and Signaling 
	Author(s)	: R. Bradford, et al.
	Filename	: draft-bradford-pce-path-key-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 2006-6-16
	
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) 
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs) may be computed by Path Computation 
   Elements (PCEs). Where the TE LSP crosses multiple domains, such 
   as Autonomous Systems (ASs), the path may be computed by multiple 
   PCEs that cooperate, with each responsible for computing a segment 
   of the path. 
    
   However, in some cases such as when ASs are administered by 
   separate Service Providers, it would break confidentiality rules 
   for a PCE to supply a path segment to a PCE in another domain, 
   thus disclosing internal topology information. This issue may be 
   circumvented by returning a loose hop and by invoking a new path 
   computation from the domain boundary LSR during TE LSP setup as 
   the LSP enters the second domain, but this technique has several 
   issues including the problem of maintaining path diversity. 
    
   This document defines a mechanism to hide the contents of a 
   segment of a path, called the Confidential Path Segment (CPS). The 
   CPS may be replaced by a path key that can be conveyed in the PCE 
   Communication Protocol (PCEP) and signaled within in a Resource 
   Reservation Protocol (RSVP) explicit route object. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bradford-pce-path-key-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bradford-pce-path-key-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bradford-pce-path-key-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce