Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-andreasen-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SDP Capability Negotiation 
	Author(s)	: F. Andreasen
	Filename	: draft-andreasen-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2006-6-19
	
The Session Description Protocol (SDP) was intended for describing 
multimedia sessions for the purposes of session announcement, session 
invitation, and other forms of multimedia session initiation. SDP was 
not intended to provide capability indication or capability 
negotiation, however over the years, SDP has seen widespread adoption 
and as a result it has been gradually extended to provide limited 
support for these. SDP and its current extensions however do not have 
the ability to negotiate one or more alternative transport protocols 
(e.g. RTP profiles) which makes it particularly difficult to deploy 
new RTP profiles such as secure RTP and RTP with RTCP-based feedback. 
The purpose of this document is to address that by identifying a set 
of requirements, evaluate existing work in this area, and provide a 
recommended solution for extending SDP with capability negotiation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-andreasen-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce