Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-overview-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DomainKeys Identified Mail Overview
	Author(s)	: T. Hansen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dkim-overview-00.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
   DomainKeys Identified Mail DKIM [I-D.ietf-dkim-base] defines a
   domain-level authentication framework for email using public-key
   cryptography and key server technology to permit verification of the
   source and contents of messages by either Mail Transfer Agents (MTAs)
   or Mail User Agents (MUAs).  The ultimate goal of this framework is
   to permit a signing domain to assert responsibility for a message,
   thus proving and protecting message sender identity and the integrity
   of the messages they convey while retaining the functionality of
   Internet email as it is known today.  Proof and protection of email
   identity, including repudiation and non-repudiation, may assist in
   the global control of "spam" and "phishing".

   This document provides an overview of DomainKeys Identified Mail and
   how it can fit into overall messaging systems, how it relates to
   other IETF message signature technologies, implementation and
   migration considerations, and outlines potential DKIM applications
   and future extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-overview-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dkim-overview-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-overview-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce