Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-park-mis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Interface selection for a multihomed mobile network
	Author(s)	: C. Park, et al.
	Filename	: draft-park-mis-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-6-20
	
In this draft, we discuss how to make use of multiple interfaces in a
single mobile router.  We will focus on the scenario in which each
interface is attached to different access network.  Especially, we
propose how a mobile router selects proper interfaces to provide
services to different traffic flows.  We suggest two methods to do
that.  First we suggest a new option carried in IPv6 hop-by-hop
options header, and we will use the flow label field in the IPv6 main
header.  The flow label field is used to distinguish different
packets belonging to different traffic flows.  New option contains a
service type value and a preference value.  A servie type value is
used for traffic classification, and a preference value enables
mobile router to control the traffic in detail.  The propsed multiple
interface selection mechanism in a multihomed mobile router (MMR)
chooses an appropriate interface for each flow, depending on traffic
requirements and access network characteristics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-park-mis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-park-mis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-park-mis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce