Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-levine-mass-batv-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Bounce Address Tag Validation (BATV)
	Author(s)	: J. Levine, et al.
	Filename	: draft-levine-mass-batv-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2006-6-30
	
The envelope of Internet mail contains an RFC2821.MailFrom command,
which may supply an address to be used as the recipient of
transmission and delivery notices about the original message.

Existing Internet mail permits unauthorized use of addresses in the
MailFrom command, causing notices to be sent to unwitting and
unwilling recipients.  Bounce Address Tag Validation (BATV) defines
an extensible mechanism for validating the MailFrom address.  It also
defines an initial use of that mechanism which requires no
administrative overhead and no global implementation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levine-mass-batv-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-levine-mass-batv-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-levine-mass-batv-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	cFrom [email-masked] Fri Jun 30 15:57:50 2006
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-michaelson-4byte-as-representation-00.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Canonical representation of 4-byte AS numbers
	Author(s)	: G. Michaelson
	Filename	: draft-michaelson-4byte-as-representation-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 2006-6-30
	
A single representation for 4-byte AS numbers is proposed, to avoid any
confusion in interpreting the two 2-byte quantities that make them. The
syntax chosen avoids collision with BGP community string parsing of AS
numbers.

It is recommended that only this representation be used by all documents and systems referring to 4-byte AS numbers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-michaelson-4byte-as-representation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-michaelson-4byte-as-representation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-michaelson-4byte-as-representation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below iFrom [email-masked] Fri Jun 30 15:57:50 2006
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hemige-serbest-l2vpn-vpls-pim-snooping-01.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PIM Snooping over VPLS
	Author(s)	: V. Hemige, et al.
	Filename	: draft-hemige-serbest-l2vpn-vpls-pim-snooping-01.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2006-6-30
	
In Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), as also in IEEE Bridged 
 Networks, the switches simply flood multicast traffic on all ports in 
 the LAN by default. IGMP Snooping is commonly deployed to ensure 
 multicast traffic is not forwarded on ports without IGMP receivers. 
 The procedures and recommendations for IGMP Snooping are defined in 
 [IGMP-SNOOP]. But when any protocol other than IGMP is used, the 
 common practice is to simply flood multicast traffic to all ports. 
 PIM-SM, PIM-SSM, PIM-BIDIR are widely deployed routing protocols. PIM 
 Snooping procedures are important to restrict multicast traffic to 
 only the routers interested in receiving such traffic. 

 While most of the PIM Snooping procedures defined here also apply to 
 IEEE Bridged Networks, VPLS demands certain special procedures due to 
 the split-horizon rules that require the Provider Edge (PE) devices 
 to co-operate. This document describes the procedures and 
 recommendations for PIM-Snooping in VPLS to facilitate replication to 
 only those ports behind which there are interested PIM routers and/or 
 IGMP hosts. 
  
 This document also describes procedures for PIM Proxy. PIM Proxy is 
 required on PEs for VPLS Multicast to work correctly when Join 
 suppression is enabled in the VPLS. PIM Proxy also helps scale VPLS 
 Multicast much better than just PIM Snooping.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hemige-serbest-l2vpn-vpls-pim-snooping-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a passwordFrom [email-masked] Fri Jun 30 15:57:50 2006
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-00.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes
	Author(s)	: K. Chan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-6-30
	
   In the core of a high capacity network, service differentiation is
   still needed to support applications' utilization of the network.
   Applications with similar traffic characteristics and performance
   requirements are mapped into diffserv service classes based on end-
   to-end behavior requirements of the applications as indicated by
   Diffserv Service Classes [5].  However, some network segments may be

   configured in such a way that a single forwarding treatment may
   satisfy the traffic characteristics and performance requirements of
   two or more service classes.  In these cases, it may be desirable to
   aggregate two or more Diffserv Service Classes [5] into a single
   forwarding treatment.  This document provides guidelines for the
   aggregation of Diffserv Service Classes [5] into forwarding
   treatments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can ommand.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce