Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-hop-limit-diagnostics-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Diagnostic Responses for Session Initiation Protocol Hop Limit Errors
	Author(s)	: S. Lawrence, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-hop-limit-diagnostics-03.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-6-19
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) imposes a limit on the number
   of hops a request can transit on the way to its destination.  When
   this limit is reached, a 483 (Too Many Hops) error response is
   returned.  The present form of the 483 response does not provide
   enough information for the UAC or proxy on the path to diagnose
   failures whose symptom is that the hop limit is reached.  This
   document specifies additional diagnostic information to be returned
   in a 483 response.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-hop-limit-diagnostics-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-hop-limit-diagnostics-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-hop-limit-diagnostics-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce