Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wu-sipping-media-recording-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using SIP Event Package and CONSENT Request for Media Recording
	Author(s)	: X. Wu, V. Krishnaswamy
	Filename	: draft-wu-sipping-media-recording-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-6-12
	
Media recording enables the parties of a conversation to record all
or part of the conversation.  Automatic recording may bring great
convenience to users.  However, federal law requires the parties of a
conversation to have a consent for media recording.  In addition, FCC
requires the recorded parties must be notified before the recording.
These requirements make automatic recording impossible without
defining a mechanism to negotiate the consent and send recording
notifications.  This document defines a SIP event package for
recording event notifications and use the SIP CONSENT method to
negotiate a consent among multiple parties for media recording.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-sipping-media-recording-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wu-sipping-media-recording-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wu-sipping-media-recording-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce