Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gross-msec-ipsec-composite-group-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast IP Security Composite Cryptographic Groups
	Author(s)	: G. Gross
	Filename	: draft-gross-msec-ipsec-composite-group-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-6-8
	
The Multicast IP Security extension architecture [Weis] implicitly
assumes a basic group endpoint population that shares homogeneous
cryptographic capabilities and security policies. In practice, large-
scale cryptographic groups may contain a heterogeneous endpoint
population that can not be accommodated by that basic multicast IPsec
architecture. For example, some endpoints may not have been upgraded
to handle the successor algorithm for one that is being retired (e.g.
SHA1 transition to SHA-ng). This document defines the "composite
cryptographic group" IP security architecture capability. A composite
cryptographic group allows multicast IPsec applications to
transparently interact with the single logical group that is formed
by the union of one or more basic cryptographic groups.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gross-msec-ipsec-composite-group-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gross-msec-ipsec-composite-group-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gross-msec-ipsec-composite-group-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce