Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jentz-subscribe-with-replaces-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Subscription Mobility for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) using SUBSCRIBE with Replaces
	Author(s)	: B. Jentz, et al.
	Filename	: draft-jentz-subscribe-with-replaces-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
A device using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) may need to
   perform a handover between networks that results in a corresponding
   change to the mobile's SIP edge proxy.  Alternatively, there may be
   the need to transfer a SIP dialog from one device to another.  In
   both of these scenarios, the device needs a procedure to allow it to
   take an existing SIP dialog and logically replace it with a new SIP
   dialog.  An important subset of these dialogs consists of the
   device's subscription dialogs.  This document proposes to extend the
   SIP SUBSCRIBE method to include the Replaces header field for the
   purpose of enabling a more robust solution to SIP subscription
   mobility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jentz-subscribe-with-replaces-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jentz-subscribe-with-replaces-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jentz-subscribe-with-replaces-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce