Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yacine-preauth-ipsec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MPA using IKEv2 and MOBIKE
	Author(s)	: Y. El Mghazli, et al.
	Filename	: draft-yacine-preauth-ipsec-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-6-23
	
This document describes how to achieve media-independent pre-
authentication (MPA) in the context of network accesses protected by
IPsec.  In such environments, access is protected by an IPsec tunnel
mode security association (SA) established between a client of the
network and an access gateway.  This SA normally needs to be
established by running an IKE exchange between the two SA endpoints.
The duration of this IKE exchange make it impractical to use when the
node is mobile and frequently change either its location or its
access gateway during a handover.  In most case it is expected that
real time traffic will be impacted by the handover.  This note
describes a method that alleviate this issue by leveraging on the
IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming Protocol (MOBIKE).  The described
method supresses the need to run a full IKE exchange after each
handover, thereby greatly reducing the impacts of handovers on real-
time traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yacine-preauth-ipsec-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yacine-preauth-ipsec-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yacine-preauth-ipsec-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce