Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tschofenig-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GEOPRIV Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol; Problem Statement and Requirements
	Author(s)	: H. Tschofenig, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-tschofenig-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-00.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2006-6-21
	
This document provides a problem statement and requirements for a
GEOPRIV Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol.  The purpose of this
protocol is for an end host to obtain location information from a
special node, called the Location Information Server (LIS), and to
optionally request the creation of a subscription URI.  The LIS is
located in the access network.  The location information can then,
for example, be used by the Location-to-Service Translation Protocol
(LoST) and in SIP for location conveyance.  The subscription URI can
be used by the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) in order to obtain
the most recenty location information, possibly in combination with
location filters that limit the rate of notifications.

Disclaimer:  This document represents the current status of the
discussions at the Geopriv-L7 design team and does not necessarily
reflect the opinion of every design team participant.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tschofenig-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce