Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-rtgwg-backbone-attacks-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Backbone Infrastructure Attacks and Protections
	Author(s)	: P. Savola
	Filename	: draft-savola-rtgwg-backbone-attacks-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2006-6-15
	
A number of countermeasures for attacks against service provider
backbone network infrastructure have been specified or proposed, each
of them usually targeting a subset of the problem space.  There has
never been a more generic analysis of the actual problems, and which
countermeasures are even necessary (and where).  This document tries
to provide that higher-level view.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-rtgwg-backbone-attacks-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-savola-rtgwg-backbone-attacks-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-savola-rtgwg-backbone-attacks-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.
		
		From [email-masked] Thu Jun 15 15:53:34 2006
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-garcia-dime-aaa-uri-00.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) schemes for Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) protocols
	Author(s)	: M. Garcia-Martin
	Filename	: draft-garcia-dime-aaa-uri-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2006-6-15
	
This memo provides an update for the "aaa" and "aaas" scheme
definition originally specified in RFC 3588.  The updated scheme is
now compatible with the generic URI syntax specified in RFC 3986.
This memo also updates the syntax and semantics of the "aaa" and
"aaas" URI schemes and provides instructions to IANA to register them
in the namespace of registered URI schemes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-dime-aaa-uri-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-garcia-dime-aaa-uri-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-garcia-dime-aaa-uri-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your locaFrom [email-masked] Thu Jun 15 15:53:34 2006
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-inch-rid-07.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extended Incident Handling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Incident Handling: Real-time Inter-network Defense
	Author(s)	: K. Moriarty
	Filename	: draft-ietf-inch-rid-07.txt
	Pages		: 69
	Date		: 2006-6-15
	
Network security incidents, such as system compromises, worms,
    viruses, phishing incidents, and denial of service (DoS), typically
    result in the loss of service, data, and resources both human and
    system.  Network Providers (NPs) need to be equipped and ready to
    assist in communicating and tracing security incidents with tools
    and procedures in place before the occurrence of an attack.  This
    paper outlines a proactive inter-network communication method to
    facilitate sharing incident handling data and integrate existing
    tracing mechanisms across NP boundaries to identify the source(s)
    of an attack. The various methods implemented to detect and trace
    attacks must be coordinated on the NPs' network as well as provide
    a communication mechanism across network borders.  It is imperative
    that NPs have quick communication methods defined to enable
    neighboring NPs to assist in reporting or tracking a security
    incident across networks.  A complete solution integrating incident
    detection, source identification, reporting and communication
    capabilities, and methods to stop attack traffic is necessary to 
    attain higher security levels on networks.  Policy guidelines for
    handling incidents are recommended and can be agreed upon by a
    consortium using the security recommendations and considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-inch-rid-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonFrom [email-masked] Thu Jun 15 15:53:34 2006
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-v4-threat-analysis-03.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv4 (DHCPv4) Threat Analysis
	Author(s)	: R. Hibbs, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-v4-threat-analysis-03.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-6-15
	
DHCPv4 (RFC 2131) is a stable, widely used protocol for 
configuration of host systems in a TCP/IPv4 network.  It did not 
provide for authentication of clients and servers, nor did it 
provide for data confidentiality.  This is reflected in the original 
"Security Considerations" section of RFC 2131, which identifies a 
few threats and leaves development of any defenses against those 
threats to future work.  In about 1995, DHCP security began to 
attract attention from the Internet community, eventually resulting 
in the publication of RFC 3118 in 2001.  Although RFC 3118 was a 
mandatory prerequisite for the DHCPv4 Reconfigure Extension, RFC 
3203, it has had no known usage by any commercial or private 
implementation since its adoption.  The DHC Working Group adopted a 
work item for 2003 to review and modify or replace RFC 3118 to 
afford a workable, easily deployed security mechanism for DHCPv4.  
This memo provides a threat analysis of the Dynamic Host 
Configuration Protocol for Ipv4 (DHCPv4) for use both as RFC 2131 
advances from Draft Standard to Full Standard and to support our 
chartered work improving the acceptance and deployment of RFC 3118.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-v4-threat-analysis-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-v4-threat-analysis-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce