Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: On the applicability of various MIKEY modes and extensions
	Author(s)	: S. Fries, D. Ignjatic
	Filename	: draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-01.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2006-6-9
	
Multimedia Internet Keying - MIKEY - is a key management scheme that
can be used for real-time applications.  In particular, it has been
defined focusing on the support of the Secure Real-time Transport
Protocol.  MIKEY itself defines four key distribution schemes.
Moreover, it is defined to allow extensions of the protocol.  As
MIKEY becomes more and more accepted, extensions to the base protocol
arose, especially in terms of additional key distribution schemes,
but also in terms of payload enhancements.

This document provides an overview about MIKEY in general as well as
the existing extensions in MIKEY, which have been defined or are in
the process of definition.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce