Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pskim-fho16e-arid-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Handover for Mobile IPv6 Based IEEE802.16e Wireless Networks
	Author(s)	: P. Kim
	Filename	: draft-pskim-fho16e-arid-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2006-6-15
	
   This draft proposes a new fast handover mechanism for Mobile IPv6 
   based IEEE 802.16e wireless networks. To implement the proposed 
   mechanism, the IEEE 802.16e neighbor advertisement message, named 
   MOB_NBR-ADV, sent periodically by a serving base station (BS) is 
   assumed to be defined newly by adding a specific subfield to the 
   available reserved field. In addition, Router Information 
   Request/Reply messages used in the network layer are defined newly. 
   The proposed mechanism provides the faster acquisition of new 
   access router's network information than the existing one, which 
   might be advantageous for the low handover latency. In addition, the
   proposed mechanism might reduce amount of traffic in comparison with
   the existing one, which might be remarkable when there are many 
   mobile nodes that are now connecting to the current access router 
   (AR). Moreover, in the proposed mechanism, a mobile node can know 
   whether it changes AR or BS, which can remove redundant traffic 
   of the existing one.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pskim-fho16e-arid-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pskim-fho16e-arid-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pskim-fho16e-arid-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce