Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhang-ccamp-obs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Retransmission in Optical Burst Switching Network
	Author(s)	: P. Zhang, et al.
	Filename	: draft-zhang-ccamp-obs-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-6-6
	
Reliabilty is one of the essential requirements in data transmission
network. In the traditional IP/TCP network, TCP provides end to end
reliable transmission. Due to the high burst loss probability in
Optical Burst Switching (OBS) Network, if we leave the retransmission 
work to the uppper IP/TCP layer, the network may be overloaded. 
Besides the simple retransmission in the IP/TCP network, OBS network 
which builds on Wavelength Division Mutiplexing system has a new 
retransmission scheme -- alternate wavelength retransmission. With 
the information of network status collected in the edge nodes, 
retransmission in the OBS network is more efficient and delay is 
shorter. Also TCP and OBS retransmission can work together which is 
called multi-layer retransmission.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ccamp-obs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zhang-ccamp-obs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ccamp-obs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce