Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-maglione-pana-acct-time-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement for a time-basis accounting in an ^always-on^ Broadband Network access scenario
	Author(s)	: R. Maglione, et al.
	Filename	: draft-maglione-pana-acct-time-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2006-6-19
	
Two main models for providing DSL Internet Access are currently 
available: one is based on PPP protocol and provides flexible AAA 
(Authentication, Authorization and Accounting) mechanism, dynamic IP 
address assignment and is generally used by Internet Service 
Providers (ISPs) for temporary or semi-permanent Broadband 
connections which may be billed on a time-basis. The other is based 
on DHCP or static IP addressing, generally lacks flexible AAA 
mechanism and is most of the time associated to flat-rate broadband 
connections. The evolution of services and access techniques may 
quickly lead to a wide deployment of non-PPP based access model 
associated with flat rates charge, providing "always-on" Internet 
connections. However, even in this scenario, ISPs may still require 
that some services are billed on a time basis. This Internet Draft 
describes the problem typically faced by ISPs when a time-basis 
billing model is required for non-PPP Broadband Connections. It also 
introduces requirements that a possible solution should satisfy in 
order to address the problem. Moreover the document covers a brief 
analysis of the Status of Art. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-maglione-pana-acct-time-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-maglione-pana-acct-time-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-maglione-pana-acct-time-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce