Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-floyd-ccid4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Profile for DCCP Congestion Control ID 4: the
                          Small-Packet Variant of TFRC Congestion 
                          Control
	Author(s)	: S. Floyd, E. Kohler
	Filename	: draft-floyd-ccid4-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
This document contains the profile for Congestion Control Identifier
    4, the Small-Packet variant of TCP-Friendly Rate Control (TFRC), in
    the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP).  CCID 4 is for
    experimental use, and uses TFRC-SP [TFRC-SP], a Small-Packet (SP)
    variant of TFRC designed for applications that send small packets.
    The goal for TFRC-SP is to achieve roughly the same bandwidth in
    bits per second (bps) as a TCP flow using packets of up to 1500
    bytes but experiencing the same level of congestion.  CCID 4 is for
    experimental use for senders that send small packets and would like
    a TCP-friendly sending rate, possibly with Explicit Congestion
    Notification (ECN), while minimizing abrupt rate changes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-floyd-ccid4-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-floyd-ccid4-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-floyd-ccid4-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce