Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-matthews-mmusic-ice-eliminating-duplicates-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Eliminating Duplicate Connectivity Checks in ICE 
	Author(s)	: E. Cooper, P. Matthews
	Filename	: draft-matthews-mmusic-ice-eliminating-duplicates-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-6-16
	
The ICE (Interactive Connectivity Establishment) protocol is designed 
to find the best possible transmission path between two endpoints in 
the presence of intervening NAT (Network Address Translation) boxes. 
It is a very versatile protocol, designed to operate in all possible 
network topologies. This versatility occasionally results in a large 
exchange of messages between the two endpoints. 

This document proposes a modification which reduces the amount of 
messaging ICE requires, without affecting the effectiveness of ICE.  
This modification suppresses the transmission of Binding Requests    from server-reflexive candidates.  The result is increased efficiency 
due to the suppressed connectivity checks, leading to fewer overall 
messages and faster discovery of working paths.   

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matthews-mmusic-ice-eliminating-duplicates-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-matthews-mmusic-ice-eliminating-duplicates-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-matthews-mmusic-ice-eliminating-duplicates-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce