Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-taylor-avt-time-align-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Time Alignment Using RTCP Feedback
	Author(s)	: T. Taylor, et al.
	Filename	: draft-taylor-avt-time-align-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-6-16
	
   This memo describes the use of RTCP-based feedback to reduce end-to-
   end delay through the use of time alignment between the source and
   receiver.

   Time alignment is useful, for example, in certain gateway-to-gateway
   scenarios and certain gateway-to-VoIP-terminal scenarios.  It is the
   ability for a receiver to request that the sender shift the time
   reference for packetization by a specified amount.  When a receiver
   with strict packet timing limitations, e.g., due to a 3G UMTS Iu
   interface, is connected to an sender at a peer endpoint capable of
   responding to time alignment requests, e.g., with an AMR encoder
   associated with a PCM interface to the PSTN, this allows the
   endpoints to reduce delay in the speech path by as much as the 20 ms
   frame-block duration, depending on the degree of misalignment in the
   time reference.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taylor-avt-time-align-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-taylor-avt-time-align-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-taylor-avt-time-align-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce