Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-worley-sipping-forking-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A New Forking Mechanism for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: D. Worley
	Filename	: draft-worley-sipping-forking-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
The rules for SIP proxies are organized so that when a UAC sends an
out-of-dialog request, even if the request is forked to a number of
UASs, (usually) only one UAS will accept the request, and only the
final response from that UAS will be returned to the UAC.  This
forking mechanism is optimal for an INVITE intended to connect one
human user with another human uses, but is poor for requests that
have a "one to many" nature, especially PUBLISH and SUBSCRIBE
requests, but also including some INVITEs.  This document proposes an
alternative forking mechanism that better supports "one to many"
requests, and that mechanism be the standardized meaning of the
(existing but weakly specified) "Request-Disposition: parallel"
header.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-worley-sipping-forking-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-worley-sipping-forking-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-worley-sipping-forking-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce