Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: QoS NSLP QSPEC Template
	Author(s)	: J. Ash, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt
	Pages		: 53
	Date		: 2006-6-23
	
The QoS NSLP protocol is used to signal QoS reservations and is
independent of a specific QoS model (QOSM) such as IntServ or
DiffServ.  Rather, all information specific to a QOSM is encapsulated
in a separate object, the QSPEC.  This document defines a template
for the QSPEC, which contains both the QoS description and QSPEC
control information. The QSPEC format is defined, as are a number of
QSPEC parameters.  The QSPEC parameters provide a common language to
be re-used in several QOSMs.  To a certain extent QSPEC parameters
ensure interoperability of QOSMs.  Optional QSPEC parameters aim to
ensure the extensibility of QoS NSLP to other QOSMs in the future.
The node initiating the NSIS signaling adds an Initiator QSPEC that
must not be removed, thereby ensuring the intention of the NSIS
initiator is preserved along the signaling path.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce