Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Metrics for the Evaluation of Congestion Control Mechanisms
	Author(s)	: S. Floyd
	Filename	: draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-03.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-6-27
	
This document discusses the metrics to be considered in an
evaluation of new or modified congestion control mechanisms for the
Internet.  This includes metrics for the evaluation of new transport
protocols, of proposed modifications to TCP, of application-level
congestion control, and of Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanisms
in the router.  This document is intended to be the first in a
series of documents aimed at improving the models that we use in the
evaluation of transport protocols.

This document is a product of the Transport Modeling Research Group
(TRMG), and has received detailed feedback from several members of
the Research Group (RG).  We are not aware of any controversies
regarding the content of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce