Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-nomcom-term-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Terms of Appointments for NomCom-selected IETF Leadership Positions
	Author(s)	: S. Dawkins, J. Klensin
	Filename	: draft-klensin-nomcom-term-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2006-6-23
	
A consensus is emerging in the IETF that very long tenure in
leadership roles is not in the best interests of the community.
While, in theory, that advice could simply be given to the NomCom,
there is reason to believe that a different model for consideration
of renewal or replacement for members of the leadership would be more
efficient for the NomCom and would impose less hardship on incumbents
and the community.  This document outlines that alternate method.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-nomcom-term-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-klensin-nomcom-term-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-klensin-nomcom-term-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce