Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-atwood-pim-sm-linklocal-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Security Issues in PIM-SM Link-local Messages
	Author(s)	: J. Atwood, S. Islam
	Filename	: draft-atwood-pim-sm-linklocal-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-6-27
	
This document proposes some additions to the specification of the
   Protocol Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) Protocol
   regarding security issues of its link-local messages.  Although the
   new specifications for IPsec architecture (RFC 4301) and
   Authorization Header (RFC 4302) permit the use of anti-replay, they
   counsel against its use for multi-sender, multicast Security
   Associations.  This makes PIM-SM vulnerable to Denial of Service
   (DoS) attack.  In this document, a new proposal is presented to
   protect PIM link-local messages while activating the anti-replay
   mechanism as well.  This proposal builds on the new Security
   Association lookup method that has been specified in RFC 4301 and RFC
   4302.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atwood-pim-sm-linklocal-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-atwood-pim-sm-linklocal-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-atwood-pim-sm-linklocal-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce