Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DMMP: Dynamic Mesh-based Overlay Multicast Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Lei, et al.
	Filename	: draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2006-6-21
	
This document describes a Dynamic Mesh-based overlay Multicast
Protocol (DMMP) to support multicast data delivery applications
without relying on classic IP multicast, including multicast group
management, overlay hierarchy establishment, multicast tree
construction and data forwarding scheme from the source to a number
of receivers.  The DMMP framework builds on control plane functions
which dynamically manage an overlay core and a multicast tree layer.
The key idea is a small number of selected end hosts self-organizing
into an overlay mesh, and dynamically maintaining such a mesh.  Based
on the constructed mesh, some core-based clusters are built with
capacity-aware trees inside.  Then, a multicast tree consists of
DMMP-aware end hosts (and/or specific routers) is built on the top of
the overlay core for efficient delivery of the multicast data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lei-samrg-dmmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce