Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-thomson-nea-problem-statement-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA) Problem 
                          Statement
	Author(s)	: S. Thomson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-thomson-nea-problem-statement-03.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2006-6-28
	
Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA) architectures have been implemented
   in the industry, e.g.  [TNC, NAP, NAC], to assess the software or
   hardware configuration of endpoint devices for the purposes of
   monitoring compliance of endpoints to an organization's policy for
   access to the network, and optionally restricting or denying access
   until the endpoint has been updated to satisfy the requirements.
   While these architectures share common components and interfaces to
   support network endpoint assessment, these components are not
   interoperable because not all required protocols are standards.

   This document describes the problem these architectures are intending
   to address, defines common terminology and concepts, and identifies
   interfaces that are candidates for standardization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thomson-nea-problem-statement-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-thomson-nea-problem-statement-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thomson-nea-problem-statement-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce