Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gibanez-trill-abridge-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ABridges as RBridges: Transparent Routing with Simplified Multiple Spanning Trees.
	Author(s)	: G. Ibanez, et al.
	Filename	: draft-gibanez-trill-abridge-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-6-16
	
RBridges are link layer devices that use routing protocols as 
a control plane but do not target to scale up to large campus 
networks. This document contains an alternative proposal to 
link-state RBridges, named ABridges. ABridges overcome 
RBridges L2 network size restrictions allowing applicability 
to very large Ethernet campus networks while maintaining zero 
configuration and high performance, by assuming a topological 
restriction that is automatically performed. The proposal 
includes a two-layered network architecture with two 
hierarchical independent spanning tree layers. Expected 
convergence is fast, probably below two seconds.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gibanez-trill-abridge-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gibanez-trill-abridge-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gibanez-trill-abridge-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce