Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chown-cost-of-nat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Cost of Application Development with NATs
	Author(s)	: T. Chown, et al.
	Filename	: draft-chown-cost-of-nat-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
The deployment of IP Network Address Translators (NATs) for IPv4 has
become very pervasive in the last 10-12 years.  The original goal of
NAT was to conserve IP address space, but the technology has now
become very popular in home and SOHO type networks, as well as many
larger organisations, for a variety of reasons.  At the same time,
the introduction of NAT adds a cost for application and service
developers.  This document presents a brief overview of the history
of NAT, alongside a list of ongoing work related to NAT workarounds
for current IETF protocol designs.  The document intends to present a
neutral view of the cost of NAT for discussion in the IETF and wider
community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-cost-of-nat-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chown-cost-of-nat-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chown-cost-of-nat-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce