Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gray-trill-routing-reqs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TRILL Routing Requirements in Support of RBridges
	Author(s)	: E. Gray
	Filename	: draft-gray-trill-routing-reqs-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2006-6-27
	
RBridges provide the ability to have an entire domain, with multiple 
physical links, look to IP like a single subnet. The design allows 
for zero configuration of switches within an RBridge domain, optimal 
pair-wise routing, safe forwarding even during periods of temporary 
loops, and potential additional advantages as well.  The design also
supports VLANs, allows forwarding tables to be based on destinations 
within the RBridge domain (rather than endnode destinations, allowing 
internal forwarding tables to be smaller than in conventional bridge 
systems).

The intent is to re-uses one or more existing routing protocols to
accomplish these goals.

This document lays out the background and specific requirements of
potential routing protocols to be considered for use in this design.
In particular, this document defines what is needed to accomodate
this design using IS-IS (or OSPF) as a basis for RBridge protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gray-trill-routing-reqs-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gray-trill-routing-reqs-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gray-trill-routing-reqs-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce