Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Terminology for Benchmarking SIP Networking Devices
	Author(s)	: S. Poretsky, et al.
	Filename	: draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2006-6-27
	
This document provides a terminology for benchmarking SIP 
performance in networking devices.  Terms are included for test 
components, test setup parameters, and performance benchmark metrics 
for black-box benchmarking of SIP networking devices.  The 
Performance Benchmark Metrics are obtained for the SIP Control Plane 
and Media Plane.  The terms are intended for use in a companion 
Methodology document for complete performance characterization of a 
device in a variety of network conditions making it possible to 
compare performance of different devices. It is critical to provide 
Test Setup Parameters and a Methodology document for SIP performance 
benchmarking because SIP allows a wide range of configuration and 
operational conditions that can influence performance benchmark 
measurements.  It is necessary to have terminology and methodology
standards to ensure that reported benchmarks have consistent 
definition and were obtained following the same procedures.
Benchmarks can be applied to a variety of SIP networking device 
including SIP Servers, Session Border Controllers (SBCs), and 
SIP-Aware Stateful Firewalls (SASFs) as a Device Under Test (DUT) 
or in combination as a System Under Test (SUT).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce