Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mase-autoconf-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A common framework for autoconfiguration of  stand-alone ad hoc networks
	Author(s)	: C. Adjih, K. Mase
	Filename	: draft-mase-autoconf-framework-02.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-6-8
	
We consider the unique local address autoconfiguration problem for
stand-alone ad hoc networks (MANETs).  Specifically, we consider two
cases.  First, a node without a pre-assigned and valid local address
acquires a new local address and becomes a member of a new or
existing MANET.  Second, two or more MANETs merge.  In the first
case, a mechanism of IP address generation is needed.  We also should
have MANET-wide duplicate address detection (MANET-DAD) on newly
generated address (tentative address) for suppressing occurrence of
duplicate addresses for address generation (pre-service MANET-DAD).
In the second case, duplicate address may occur as the result of a
merger of two formerly independent networks.  We should have MANET-
DAD on addresses in use for resolving duplicate addresses and
suppressing routing information contamination due to existence of
duplicate addresses (in-service MANET-DAD).  To realize pre-service
MANET-DAD and in-service MANET-DAD, we define autoconfiguration
states that are common for both proactive and reactive routing
protocol.  Each node exists in one of the autoconfiguration states at
any time.  A node, that detects duplicate address between other
nodes, should advertise the detected duplicate address to all other
nodes In the MANET.  This is termed "MANET duplicate address
advertisement" (MANET-DAA).  The specific MANET-DAD and MANET-DAA
algorithm is beyond the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mase-autoconf-framework-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce