Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dondeti-eapext-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: EAP Extensions Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: L. Dondeti, V. Narayanan
	Filename	: draft-dondeti-eapext-ps-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-6-20
	
The extensible authentication protocol (EAP), specified in RFC3748
[1] is a generic framework supporting multiple authentication
methods.  The EAP keying hierarchy specified in [2] has two top level
keys: a master session key (MSK) and an extended MSK (EMSK).  The MSK
is used for access control enforcement, whereas the purpose of EMSK
is to be defined.  Several proposals for the use of the EMSK have
been made, among them are support for efficient re-authentication of
the EAP peer as it moves from one authenticator to another,
bootstrapping preshared keys, visited domain key management.  In this
document, we explore the various proposed uses of the EMSK key
hierarchy and the design considerations in specifying the EMSK key
hierarchy.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dondeti-eapext-ps-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dondeti-eapext-ps-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dondeti-eapext-ps-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce