Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 02:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: AAA Framework for Multicasting
	Author(s)	: H. Satou, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-6-28
	
This memo provides a generalized framework for solution standards to 
   meet the requirements presented in draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-
   04.txt, "Requirements for Accounting, Authentication and 
   Authorization in Well Managed IP Multicasting Services". In this 
   framework a user sends a request for multicast data to a network 
   service provider.  The network service provider selects the 
   appropriate content provider to send the user's request.  The request 
   is sent by the network service provider to the content provider 
   transparently in a way so that the network service provider and 
   content provider do not need to know the corresponding user id for 
   the same user in the other provider's domain.  The content provider 
   then responds with an indication of "success" or "failure" to the 
   network provider and in the case of "success", the network provider 
   may delivery the requested data to the user.  The network service may 
   base its decision to deliver such data to the user based on its 
   bandwidth management policy.  The framework is designed to be 
   flexible and extendible, so it will be possible to implement 
   partially enabled versions as well as fully enabled versions of the 
   model.  Also an additional entity may provide transit of requests 
   between network service providers and content providers, either 
   through relaying or tunneling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce