Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nalawade-softwire-nhop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP Softwire Nexthop Attribute
	Author(s)	: G. Nalawade, et al.
	Filename	: draft-nalawade-softwire-nhop-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
   The current [MP-BGP] extensions carry routing information by
   associating the same network layer protocol with both the NLRI and
   the next hop. However, in certain scenarios, it is desirable or
   required to advertise next hop information associated with a
   different network layer protocol to the one associated with the NLRI.

   Similarly, when data traffic for a network layer protocol's NLRIs
   needs to be forwarded over an underlying tunnel, it is required to
   indicate the tunnel endpoint to be used for forwarding with the BGP
   update for a given NLRI.

   This document specifies a new BGP attribute, called the SW_NEXT_HOP
   attribute, which can optionally be used in a BGP Update message to
   advertise next hop information associated with a different network
   layer protocol than that of the NLRIs or convey information about the
   tunnel endpoint.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nalawade-softwire-nhop-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nalawade-softwire-nhop-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nalawade-softwire-nhop-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce