Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-narayanan-pba-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Symmetric-key Based IPv6 Addresses
	Author(s)	: N. Venkitaraman, V. Narayanan
	Filename	: draft-narayanan-pba-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-6-23
	
A cryptographically generated address (CGA) is an IPv6 address
generated by applying a hash function over the public key of a node
and some additional parameters.  CGA ownership can be asserted only
by the node claiming the address, but is readily verifiable using the
public-key of that node by any other entity.  Such address
authorization is also plausible using symmetric keys, where a node
generating the self-identifying address shares a key with the
verifier or its agent.  This document specifies symmetric-key based
address (SBA) generation.  The infrastructure support comes with
several advantages including proxy-mode operation; the symmetric key
usage results in efficient operation; and finally the use of keyed
hashing provides security advantages over CGAs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-pba-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-narayanan-pba-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-pba-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce