Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-riegel-16ng-ip-over-eth-over-80216-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Transmission of IP Packets over Ethernet over IEEE802.16
	Author(s)	: M. Riegel
	Filename	: draft-riegel-16ng-ip-over-eth-over-80216-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2006-6-21
	
   This document describes the special behavior of the Ethernet
   emulation on top of IEEE802.16 to efficiently support the
   transmission of IPv4 as well as IPv6 packets over IEEE802.16 radio
   links.
   Due to resource constraints of radio transmission systems and the
   limitations of the IEEE802.16 MAC layer for the emulation of
   Ethernet, the transmission of IP over an emulated LAN on top of
   IEEE802.16 may considerably benefit by adding IP specific support
   functions within the Ethernet emulation on top of IEEE802.16.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-riegel-16ng-ip-over-eth-over-80216-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-riegel-16ng-ip-over-eth-over-80216-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-riegel-16ng-ip-over-eth-over-80216-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce