Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement for SIP/SIMPLE
	Author(s)	: T. Rang, et al.
	Filename	: draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2006-6-21
	
   SIMPLE based presence systems today require a unique dialog to be
   established between every unique presentity-watcher pair.  Even
   though some optimizations have been suggested to the protocol, in
   cases where many users within a domain are subscribed to a number of
   users in another domain, the number of subscriptions between domains
   quickly becomes an issue.  This document examines the scaling issue
   and concludes that additional optimizations are necessary.  It also
   suggests an initial list of requirements for these optimizations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce