Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pelletier-rohc-rohcv2-profiles-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RObust Header Compression Version 2 (RoHCv2):
                          Profiles for RTP, UDP, IP, ESP and UDP Lite
	Author(s)	: G. Pelletier, K. Sandlund
	Filename	: draft-pelletier-rohc-rohcv2-profiles-00.txt
	Pages		: 110
	Date		: 2006-6-20
	
   This document specifies ROHC (Robust Header Compression) profiles
   that efficiently compress RTP/UDP/IP (Real-Time Transport Protocol,
   User Datagram Protocol, Internet Protocol), RTP/UDP-Lite/IP (User
   Datagram Protocol Lite), UDP/IP, UDP-Lite/IP, IP and ESP/IP
   (Encapsulating Security Payload) headers.

   This specification update the profiles defined in RFC 3095, RFC 3843
   and RFC 4019 to their second version (RoHCv2 profiles).  The profiles
   herein thus supersede their earlier definition, but they do not
   obsolete them.

   The RoHCv2 specification introduce a number of simplifications to the
   rules and algorithms that govern the behavior of the compression
   endpoints.  It also defines robustness mechanisms that may be used by
   a compressor implementation to increase the probability of
   decompression success when packets can be lost and/or reordered on
   the ROHC channel.  Finally, the RoHCv2 profiles define its own
   specific set of packet formats, using the ROHC formal notation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pelletier-rohc-rohcv2-profiles-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pelletier-rohc-rohcv2-profiles-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pelletier-rohc-rohcv2-profiles-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce