Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opsec-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure
	Author(s)	: G. Jones, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-opsec-framework-03.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2006-7-14
	
This document outlines work to be done and documents to be produced
by the Operational Security Capabilities (OPSEC) Working Group.  The
goal of the working group is to codify knowledge gained through
operational experience about feature sets that are needed to securely
deploy and operate managed network elements providing transit
services at the data link and IP layers.  The intent is to provide
clear, concise documentation of capabilities necessary for operating
networks securely, to assist network operators in communicating their
requirements to vendors, and to provide vendors with input that is
useful for building more secure devices.  The working group will
produce a list of capabilities appropriate for large Internet Service
Provider (ISP) and Enterprise Networks.  This work is intended to
refine [RFC3871].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-framework-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-opsec-framework-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-framework-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce