Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mun-mipshop-emipv6-aaa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Enhanced Mobile IPv6 Handover for Roaming between Administrative Domains Based on AAA
	Author(s)	: Y. Mun, et al.
	Filename	: draft-mun-mipshop-emipv6-aaa-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-7-17
	
When Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6) is deployed in commercial network, a mobile
node needs AAA services for authentication, authorization and
accounting. MIPv6 however does not provide any mean to authenticate
mobile nodes that are roaming in different domains, although visited
networks will need to check whether access of mobile nodes should be
authorized or not. Hence schemes which support both AAA services and
mobility have been emerged. These schemes enable access of the mobile
node to be authorized by visited networks through AAA as well as to
perform a home registration during AAA procedure. However, they
introduce lots of signal messages and long handover latency during
handover, since Route Optimization mode for MIPv6 is performed using
Return Routability procedure. Especially long handover latency is a
critical problem in real-time communication such as voice over IP
(VoIP). To solve these problems, we propose an optimized scheme which
performs Route Optimization mode using the AAA infrastructure between
the home agent and a correspondent node instead of Return Routability
procedure. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mun-mipshop-emipv6-aaa-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mun-mipshop-emipv6-aaa-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mun-mipshop-emipv6-aaa-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce