Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stucker-sipping-early-media-coping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Coping with Early Media in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: B. Stucker
	Filename	: draft-stucker-sipping-early-media-coping-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2006-4-27
	
It is widely known that early media is an area within SIP in which
the existing mechanisms within the protocol are not fully capable of
handling to make rendering of these media flows a reliable process.
Unfortunately, the need for media to be presented to an originator
prior to the terminator answering is persistent.  As such, a path
forward to fixing this limitation is needed.  This document seeks to
document common ways that SIP networks handle early media, what side-
effects those mechanisms have, and what the desired behaviors are.
>From this, it goes on to try to address as many early media issues as
possible using as simple of a generic mechanism as possible.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stucker-sipping-early-media-coping-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stucker-sipping-early-media-coping-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stucker-sipping-early-media-coping-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce