Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ram-dhc-dhcpv6-diam-app-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DHCP Diameter Application
	Author(s)	: V. Ram, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ram-dhc-dhcpv6-diam-app-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-7-26
	
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol version 6 (DHCPv6) 
authentication, as described in RFC3315, makes use of a model 
described in RFC3118. The DHCP threat model is described in RFC3118. 
But RFC3315 does not discuss the dynamic establishment of the 
security association between client and the DHCPv6 server. Also it 
assumes that the establishment of the security association is done 
out of band. 
    
This draft proposes to make use of the security association between 
DHCPv6 client and the home authentication, authorization and 
accounting (AAAH) to establish the security association dynamically 
and in band. This draft defines an AAA interface between DHCPv6 
server and AAAH which enables the authentication of the DHCPv6 client 
with AAAH.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ram-dhc-dhcpv6-diam-app-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ram-dhc-dhcpv6-diam-app-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ram-dhc-dhcpv6-diam-app-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce