Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-welch-streaming-test-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Switch Testing for Streaming Media Applications 
	Author(s)	: J. Welch, et al.
	Filename	: draft-welch-streaming-test-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2006-6-14
	
This memo defines a set of supplementary tests for networking 
interconnection devices (switches) that can be used to evaluate and 
compare their performance when used with streaming media.  The Media 
Delivery Index (MDI) [i3] measurement is employed as a convenient 
stream quality indicator of input and output streams to indicate 
cumulative stream jitter and packet loss under test load conditions.  
Typical operating profiles are defined to focus test efforts on 
common switch applications for unidirectional streaming media to 
reduce the amount of testing required and to encourage device and 
system evaluation in advance of deployment through use of a set of 
reference tests.  
         
The supplementary tests defined in this memo are intended for         Information only. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-welch-streaming-test-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-welch-streaming-test-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-welch-streaming-test-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce