Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opsec-current-practices-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Operational Security Current Practices
	Author(s)	: M. Kaeo
	Filename	: draft-ietf-opsec-current-practices-05.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2006-7-11
	
This document is a survey of the current practices used in today's
large ISP operational networks to secure layer 2 and layer 3
infrastructure devices.  The information listed here is the result of
information gathered from people directly responsible for defining
and implementing secure infrastructures in Internet Service Provider
environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-current-practices-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-opsec-current-practices-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-current-practices-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how From [email-masked] Tue Jul 11 18:56:00 2006
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:50:01 -0400
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-01.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations
	Author(s)	: G. Van de Velde, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-01.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2006-7-11
	
One fundamental aspect of any IP communications infrastructure is its
addressing plan.  With its new address architecture and allocation
policies, the introduction of IPv6 into a network means that network
designers and operators need to reconsider their existing approaches
to network addressing.  Lack of guidelines on handling this aspect of
network design could slow down the integration of IPv6.  This draft
aims to provide the information and recommendations relevant to
planning the addressing aspects of IPv6 deployments.  The draft also
provides IPv6 addressing case studies for both an enterprise and an
ISP network.  In this first version of the draft we aim to provoke
discussion on this important topic; more detailed case study texts
will follow.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "Fto manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce