Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ram-dhc-dhcpv6-aakey-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Authentication, Authorization and key management for DHCPv6 
	Author(s)	: V. Ram, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ram-dhc-dhcpv6-aakey-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2006-7-26
	
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol version 6 (DHCPv6) 
authentication, as described in RFC3315, makes use of a model 
described in RFC3118. The DHCP threat model is described in RFC3118. 
However, RFC3118 does not discuss the distribution of keys to the 
server and the client. It assumes that the keys are transferred to 
the server and client using out of band mechanisms.  

This draft proposes to make use of the security association that the 
client shares with its home Authentication, Authorization and 
Accounting (AAA) servers. The security association between the client 
and server are established during DHCPv6 messaging. This document 
specifies options to DHCPv6 messages that can be used to create 
DHCPv6 Security Associations between the client and server. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ram-dhc-dhcpv6-aakey-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ram-dhc-dhcpv6-aakey-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ram-dhc-dhcpv6-aakey-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce