Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal in H-VPLS
	Author(s)	: P. Dutta
	Filename	: draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2006-6-12
	
[VPLS-LDP] defines a mechanism to remove or unlearn MAC addresses 
that have been dynamically learned in a Virtual Switch Instance(VSI) 
for faster convergence on topology change. One of the ways to 
accomplish this is by sending LDP Address Withdraw Message with 
empty MAC List when topology change occurs due to spoke PW (Pseudo 
Wires) switchover at dual-homed capable Multi-Tenant Unit Switch 
(MTU-s) in a Hierarchical VPLS (H-VPLS) domain. On receiving this 
message a PE-rs removes all MAC addresses associated with the VSI 
except the ones learned in the session over which the message is 
received. The MAC addresses removed in this procedure also include 
the MAC addresses learned from LDP sessions in the same VSI that 
are not actually affected due to such topology change. This document 
proposes an extension to LDP Address Withdraw Message with empty MAC 
List defined in [VPLS-LDP], which enables the PE-rs receiving the 
message to remove only the MAC addresses that are affected and need 
to be relearned. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce