Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-satish-iapp-mip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An IAPP-Mobile IP reference interworking protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Jamadagni, R. Vidhya
	Filename	: draft-satish-iapp-mip-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2006-8-7
	
With WLAN hotspots becoming more wide spread, there is growing interest
among cellular service providers in WLAN-Cellular interworking/roaming
architectures. Service providers are looking at deployment of
interworking heterogeneous wireless access points. There is also a
growing breed of terminals trying to build a capability to roam 
between 3G and 802.xx technologies. Working groups within IETF and
IEEE 802.21 are involved in defining seamless roaming standards.
802.21 is attempting to define roaming standards not just from one
802-based network to another, but also between 802-based networks
and 3G cellular network. Support for handoff between heterogeneous
wireless networks is becoming vital. Mobile IP has always been the
macro network mobility protocol of choice where as the IAPP - Inter
Access Point Protocol (802.11f) has been recommended as the roaming
protocol between 802.11 access points.

This draft suggests a mechanism of supporting handoff between IAPP
supported 802.xx devices and 3G packet core networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-satish-iapp-mip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-satish-iapp-mip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-satish-iapp-mip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce