Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over DVB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Address Resolution Mechanisms for IP Datagrams over MPEG-2 Networks
	Author(s)	: G. Fairhurst, M. Montpetit
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2006-8-24
	
This document describes the process of binding/associating IPv4/IPv6 
addresses with MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). This procedure is 
known as Address Resolution (AR), or Neighbour Discovery (ND). Such 
address resolution complements the higher layer resource discovery 
tools that are used to advertise IP sessions.  
    
In MPEG-2 Networks, an IP address must be associated with a Packet 
ID (PID) value and a specific Transmission Multiplex. The document 
reviews current methods appropriate to a range of technologies (DVB, 
ATSC, DOCSIS, and variants). It also describes the interaction with 
well-known protocols for address management including DHCP, ARP, and 
the ND protocol, and provides guidance on usage.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce