Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wahl-ldap-session-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: LDAP Session Tracking Control
	Author(s)	: M. Wahl
	Filename	: draft-wahl-ldap-session-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-8-30
	
Many network devices, application servers, and middleware components
of a enterprise software infrastructure generate some form of session
tracking identifiers, which are useful when analyzing activity and
accounting logs to group activity relating to a particular session.
This document discusses how Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
version 3 (LDAP) clients can include session tracking identifiers
with their LDAP requests.  This information is provided through
controls in the requests the clients send to LDAP servers.  The LDAP
server receiving these controls can include the session tracking
identifiers the the log messages it writes, enabling LDAP requests in
the LDAP server's logs to be correlated with activity in logs of
other components in the infrastructure.  The control also enables
session tracking information to be generated by LDAP servers and
returned to clients and other servers.  Three formats of session
tracking identifiers are defined in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wahl-ldap-session-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-wahl-ldap-session-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wahl-ldap-session-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce