Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Delay-Tolerant Networking Previous Hop Insertion Block
	Author(s)	: S. Symington
	Filename	: draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2006-8-1
	
   This document defines an extension block that may be used with the
   Bundle Protocol [2] within the context of a Delay-Tolerant Network
   architecture [4].  This Previous Hop Insertion Block is designed to
   be inserted by a forwarding node to provide information to its next-
   hop receiving node.  This block is always removed from the bundle by
   the receiving node so that it's duration within the bundle lasts for
   exactly one hop.  It provides a general insertion capability to
   enable any node that forwards a bundle to insert an arbitrary record
   (or records) of information into the bundle.  While this block is
   defined to provide an arbitrary insertion capability, this
   specification also defines two specific, mandatory, information
   record formats for the information that may be carried in the
   Previous Hop Insertion block.  Using these mandatory information
   record formats, an insertion block may be used to carry the
   inserting/forwarding node's endpoint ID (EID), which may be required
   in some circumstances to support certain routing protocols (e.g.,
   flood routing).  This document defines the format and processing of
   this Previous Hop Insertion Block.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-previous-hop-block-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce