Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mip4-fmipv4-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile IPv4 Fast Handovers
	Author(s)	: R. Koodli, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mip4-fmipv4-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-8-25
	
The Mobile IPv6 fast handover document [2] specifies a protocol to
improve latency and packet loss resulting from Mobile IPv6 handover
operations.  This document adapts the protocol for IPv4 networks
to improve performance over Mobile IPv4 operations, including
processing of Agent Advertisements, new Care of Address acquisition
and Registration Request and Reply.  However, operation without
Foreign Agent function at a router is also feasible.  In addition,
the protocol may be used transparently on hosts which do not support
Mobile IP, but with limited movement across subnets.  Using the
concepts outlined in [2], this document also addresses movement
detection, IP address configuration and location update latencies
during a handover.  For reducing the IP address configuration, the
document currently proposes that the new CoA is always made to be the
new access router's IP address.  Additional mechanisms may be defined
in the future versions of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-fmipv4-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mip4-fmipv4-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-fmipv4-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce