Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-choi-pce-p2mp-framework-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Considerations of point-to-multipoint route optimization using PCEMP
	Author(s)	: D. Guha, J. Choi
	Filename	: draft-choi-pce-p2mp-framework-04.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-8-2
	
This draft describes the basic concepts of point-to-multipoint 
(p2mp) path computation on the basis of the Path Computation Element 
Metric Protocol (PCEMP). PCEMP, being soft-memory based, has the 
capability of dynamic configuration of its finite state machines 
(FSMs) in the participating PCEMP peers, and thus can support a 
wide variety of traffic engineering techniques that are needed to 
guarantee bandwidth demand and scalable fast protection and 
restoration in PCE based p2mp frameworks. To take advantage of 
bandwidth considerations and fast restoration mechanisms, the 
centralized Controller, which is the key element in a PCE node, 
is used for path computation in case of p2mp paths and can be used 
in a scenario where reliable multicasting of bandwidth-on-demand 
services becomes an important criteria for multiple-domain and/or 
inter-domain PCE based architectures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-choi-pce-p2mp-framework-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-choi-pce-p2mp-framework-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-choi-pce-p2mp-framework-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce