Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ford-behave-top-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Complications from Network Address Translator Deployment Topologies
	Author(s)	: B. Ford, P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ford-behave-top-02.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2006-7-31
	
This document identifies two deployment scenarios that have arisen
from the unconventional network topologies formed using Network
Address Translator devices (NATs). First, the simplicity of
administering networks through the combination of NAT and DHCP has
increasingly lead to the deployment of multi-level hierarchies of
inter-connected private networks involving overlapping IP address
spaces. Second, the proliferation of private networks in enterprises,
hotels and conferences alike, and the wide spread use of remote
access Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) to access enterprise intranet
has increasingly lead to overlapping IP address space between remote
and corporate networks. The document does not dismiss these
unconventional scenarios as invalid, but recognizes them as real and
offers recommendations to ensure these real scenarios do work.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ford-behave-top-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ford-behave-top-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ford-behave-top-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce