Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-johansson-avt-rtp-shim-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: VoIP Shim for RTP Payload Formats
	Author(s)	: I. Johansson
	Filename	: draft-johansson-avt-rtp-shim-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-8-23
	
This document provides a general mechanism to provide with compact
and efficient inband signaling mechanisms for VoIP applications using
the RTP (Real-Time Transport Protocol).  It provides the option to
include a few additional inband signaling bytes in between the RTP
header and the RTP payload.  The intention of using Shim is to enable
a fast inband signaling channel.

The main application is for two party teleconferencing, The presented
mechanism is not recommended to be used for multi party
teleconferencing applications.  The name Shim is to refer to the
""little thing something that one put in between"".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johansson-avt-rtp-shim-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-johansson-avt-rtp-shim-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-johansson-avt-rtp-shim-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce