Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-madanapalli-ipv6-periodic-rtr-advts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Recommendation to make periodic Router Advertisements in IPv6 optional
	Author(s)	: S. Madanapalli, B. Patil
	Filename	: draft-madanapalli-ipv6-periodic-rtr-advts-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2006-8-7
	
   Periodic IPv6 router advertisements are a concern in mobile and
   cellular networks in which the hosts are attached to the network and
   access router but switch state to dormant mode in order to conserve
   battery power.  In addition the air interface is a resource that
   should be used optimally and hence periodic router advertisements
   that an access router would send should be limited.  Transmission of
   Periodic router advertisements to hosts on a link by a router should
   be optional.  At the very least the interval between such router
   advertisements should be configurable to a value that is
   significantly higher than currently specified.  This document
   provides a recommendation for the periodic router advertisement
   interval (MaxRtrAdvInterval) and router lifetime.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-madanapalli-ipv6-periodic-rtr-advts-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-madanapalli-ipv6-periodic-rtr-advts-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-madanapalli-ipv6-periodic-rtr-advts-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce