Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yafan-fmc-mancho-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile Assisted Handover across VoIP and Cellular Domains Using SIP as Access Call Control
	Author(s)	: Y. An
	Filename	: draft-yafan-fmc-mancho-00.txt
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 2006-7-31
	
This document describes the use of SIP between the dual mode handset
(DMH) and the mobility SIP proxy to enable network controlled
handovers across voice over IP (VoIP) and cellular networks.  The
mobility SIP proxy has a peering relationship with the cellular
network.  Mobile assisted and network controlled handovers require
the exchange of cellular radio parameters between the DMH and the
mobility SIP proxy.  The set of cellular related parameters is
collectively called Session Handover Protocol (SHP).  The SHP is a
residual protocol of SIP, where all of its messages are transported
as MIME attachment to SIP messages.

This document describes the requirements, various SIP message flows
for cross-domain roaming and bidirectional handovers between VoIP and
cellular domains, and detailed specification of the residual SHP
protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yafan-fmc-mancho-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yafan-fmc-mancho-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yafan-fmc-mancho-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce