Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-adamson-rfc2847-bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Low Infrastructure Public Key Mechanisms: SPKM-3 and LIPKEY
	Author(s)	: W. Adamson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-adamson-rfc2847-bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 65
	Date		: 2006-8-21
	
This memorandum describes a method whereby one can use GSS-API
   [RFC2078] to supply a public-key based secure channel between a
   client and a server without the need for an external Public Key
   Infrastructure for certificate verification.  The method leverages
   the existing Simple Public Key Mechanism (SPKM), and is specified as
   two separate GSS-API mechanisms, SPKM-3 and LIPKEY, with LIPKEY
   layered above SPKM-3.

   SPKM-3 describes a method for creation of the secure channel using
   mutual authentication where both a user and server authenticate with
   public-key certificates [RFC3280].  SPKM-3 also describes a method
   for creation of the secure channel where only the server
   authenticates with a public-key certificate, and the user is
   anonymous.  LIPKEY then uses the SPKM-3 anonymous secure channel to
   authenticate a user with a password, completing the mutual
   authentication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adamson-rfc2847-bis-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-adamson-rfc2847-bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-adamson-rfc2847-bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce