Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tommasi-nsis-semipro-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Semi-Proactive QoS Re-establishment
	Author(s)	: F. Tommasi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-tommasi-nsis-semipro-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-8-21
	
Re-establishment of the QoS after a Mobile Node handover must be done 
as quickly as possible in order to reduce degradation or interruption 
of the QoS and it is especially useful when realtime applications are 
used. 
We propose a Semi-Proactive procedure for a fast QoS re-establishment 
in environments where there are Mobile Nodes. The basic idea of this 
procedure is to perform as many operation as possible before the 
handover (in a proactive way). Resources are reserved only after 
the handover on the effective new data path, in order to avoid their
waste.
Moreover, we propose to buffer at the Candidate CRossover Node - 
CCRN (an intermediate node on end-to-end data path) the packets 
directed to the Mobile Node during the handover. In this way the 
total QoS re-establishment time is reduced. This buffering also 
guarantees, for the buffered packets, the same QoS treatment of the 
other packets (the no-buffered ones).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tommasi-nsis-semipro-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-tommasi-nsis-semipro-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tommasi-nsis-semipro-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce