Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-niccolini-sipping-feedback-spit-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SIP Extensions for SPIT identification
	Author(s)	: S. Niccolini, et al.
	Filename	: draft-niccolini-sipping-feedback-spit-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2006-8-23
	
This memo analyzes the need for SIP extensions for SPIT (Spam Over
Internet telephony) identification.  This memo describes requirements
and gives an overview of possible solutions to send feedback
information using the SIP protocol for the scope of SPIT.  Feedback
information from the users to the SPIT identification system (e.g.,
working closely with the callee's SIP proxy server) are important for
SPIT detection and prevention.  The overall SPIT protection systems
on the internet will benefit from such information.  The basic idea
is that each user who receives a SPIT session request, will send a
feedback to SPIT identification system (for example, using a button
on the user interface of the client).  Information could be also
exchanged among domains and/or servers in order to increase
effectiveness of SPIT detection systems.  The idea is that SIP proxy
servers and/or B2BUAs include SPIT likeliness estimations (based on
some knowledge they have which is out of the scope of this draft) as
additional message headers (e.g.  INVITE headers) when forwarding
such messages to other domains.  This memo identifies the parameters
that the SPIT identification system may need in order to detect
abusive behaviors; moreover it proposes an overview of technical
solutions how such information can be sent back to the SPIT
identification system by means of the SIP protocol.  The memo also
addresses the technical solutions on how forward information could be
passed among domains as well as how communication initiation could be
denied to users (e.g. blacklisted ones).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-niccolini-sipping-feedback-spit-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-niccolini-sipping-feedback-spit-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-niccolini-sipping-feedback-spit-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce