Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-baker-tsvwg-admitted-voice-dscp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: An EF DSCP for Capacity-Admitted Traffic
	Author(s)	: F. Baker, et al.
	Filename	: draft-baker-tsvwg-admitted-voice-dscp-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-9-28
	
   This document requests a DSCP from the IANA for a class of real-time
   traffic conforming to the Expedited Forwarding Per Hop Behavior and
   admitted using a CAC procedure involving authentication,
   authorization, and capacity admission, as compared to a class of
   real-time traffic conforming to the Expedited Forwarding Per Hop
   Behavior but not subject to capacity admission or subject to very
   coarse capacity admission.

   One of the reasons behind this is the need for classes of traffic
   that are handled under special policies, such as the non-preemptive
   Emergency Telecommunication Service, the US DoD's Assured Service
   (which is similar to MLPP), or e-911.  These do not need separate
   DSCPs or separate PHBs that are separate from each other, but they
   need a traffic class from which they can deterministically obtain
   their service requirements from including SLA matters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-tsvwg-admitted-voice-dscp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-baker-tsvwg-admitted-voice-dscp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-baker-tsvwg-admitted-voice-dscp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce