Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Considerations for Directory Assistance 
                          Services Using SIP
	Author(s)	: J. Haluska, et al.
	Filename	: draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-6-20
	
   Directory Assistance (DA) is a well known service in today's PSTN,
   and is generally identified with "411" or "NPA-555-1212" type
   services in North America.  Today's DA services are already becoming
   more advanced.  Currently the DA service can complete the call for
   the user, can send SMS with the listing to the user's wireless phone,
   and can provide the user with a wide range of information, such as
   movie listings and the weather.

   Moving ahead, DA providers envision exciting multimedia services that
   support simultaneous voice and data interactions with full operator
   backup at any time during the call.  For instance, a DA directions
   service may announce and display directions to the requested listing,
   with the option for the caller to request transfer to an operator
   with the latest call context information.

   DA providers are planning to migrate to SIP based platforms, which
   will enable such advanced services, while continuing to support
   traditional DA services.

   Implementing DA services with SIP will require the exchange of
   certain information which is not normally exchanged for other types
   of calls.  This document aims to identify such information, and
   stimulate discussion about how this information could be exchanged.
   Should it be decided that extensions to SIP are required, it is the
   authors' intention to use the SIP change process documented in [BCP
   67] to attain standardization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-haluska-sipping-directory-assistance-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce