Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cavuto-dtcp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: DTCP: Dynamic Tasking Control Protocol
	Author(s)	: D. Cavuto, et al.
	Filename	: draft-cavuto-dtcp-01.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 2006-9-8
	
Dynamic Tasking Control Protocol is a message-based interface by 
which an authorized client may connect to a server -- usually a 
network element (NE) or security policy enforcement point (PEP) -- 
and issue dynamic requests for data. These tasking requests contain, 
among other parameters, packet matching criteria that may apply to 
certain packets flowing through that network element. The primary 
intent of the tasking request is to instruct that network element to 
send copies of packets matching those criteria to a destination 
(usually via tunneling) for further inspection or other action. The 
protocol contains a security architecture to address client or server 
spoofing as well as replay prevention. The protocol assumes that 
multiple clients may simultaneously control a single server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cavuto-dtcp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-cavuto-dtcp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cavuto-dtcp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce