Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yasukawa-pce-vpn-req-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: PCC-PCE Communication Requirements for VPNs
	Author(s)	: S. Yasukawa
	Filename	: draft-yasukawa-pce-vpn-req-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2006-9-10
	
The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
functions in support of traffic engineering in Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

An important application of MPLS and GMPLS networks is Virtual
Private Networks (VPNs) that may be constructed using Label Switched
Paths (LSPs) in the MPLS and GMPLS networks as VPN tunnels. PCE may
be applied as a tool to compute the paths of such tunnels in order to
achieve better use of the network resources and to provide better
levels of service to the VPN customers.

Generic requirements for a communication protocol between Path
Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs are presented in "Path
Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol Generic
Requirements". This document complements the generic requirements and
presents a detailed set of PCC-PCE communication protocol
requirements that are specific to the application of PCE to VPNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yasukawa-pce-vpn-req-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-yasukawa-pce-vpn-req-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yasukawa-pce-vpn-req-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce