Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-qiu-mip6-mobile-firewall-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Scheme of Mobile Firewall in Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: Y. Qiu, et al.
	Filename	: draft-qiu-mip6-mobile-firewall-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-9-6
	
More and more activities rely on mobile devices. It is an  
important issue on how to protect mobile users engaged in mobile 
services. Unfortunately, the conventional firewalls are
inappropriate for mobile networks. Furthermore, with a conventional 
firewall, an administrator of mobile nodes is unable to monitor / 
control dynamically the mobile nodes' activities when the mobile 
nodes roam. In this draft, we introduce a new concept of mobile
personal firewall and propose a concrete scheme that matches the
mobile environment and exploits the mobile network facilities. 
When a mobile node (MN) roams into a foreign network managed by a 
mobility anchor point (MAP), the home agent (HA) will authorize the 
MAP to serve as a security proxy. The HA will negotiate with the MAP 
on the security association and then transfer to the MAP the defined 
security rules that will be applied on all communications to the MN.
According to HMIPv6 protocol, all packets to MN will go through MAP. 
Therefore, the MAP has the ability of filtering packets. The MAP 
could also send the MN's traffic logs to the HA. The MN's 
administrator could dynamically monitor the MN's activities by 
retrieving the MN's traffic logs through the HA. If necessary, the 
MN's administrator could update the security rules so that the MN's 
activities could be controlled dynamically. All the operations are 
transparent to the MN, and the MN will be served in a way 
specified by its administrator no matter where it roams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-qiu-mip6-mobile-firewall-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-qiu-mip6-mobile-firewall-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-qiu-mip6-mobile-firewall-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce