Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chen-afec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: An Adaptive FEC to Protect RoHC and UDP-Lite Vital Video Data
	Author(s)	: Z. Chen
	Filename	: draft-chen-afec-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-9-15
	
This document generally describes how to use an Adaptive Forward 
Error Correction (AFEC) algorithm to efficiently protect the 
compressed header vital data as well as UDP-Lite’s vital data for 
data transport in the radio-link layer of an error-prone wireless 
connection. Augmented with RoHC and UDP-Lite, for video 
transmissions over wireless channels in a heterogeneous wired-
wireless environment, the erroneous packet payloads can be useful 
and the applications better able to cope with lost packets (native 
UDP case), by adopting some of the erasure and error resilient 
modes in the latest video codecs, such as H.264. The context 
transfer in the inter/intra handover is also covered. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-afec-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-chen-afec-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chen-afec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce