Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-multicast-encaps-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MPLS Multicast Encapsulations
	Author(s)	: T. Eckert, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-multicast-encaps-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2006-9-8
	
RFC 3032 established two data link layer codepoints for MPLS: one to
indicate that the data link layer frame is carrying an MPLS unicast
packet, and the other to indicate that the data link layer frame is
carrying an MPLS multicast packet.  This specification updates
RFC3032 by redefining the meaning of these two codepoints.  The
former "multicast codepoint" is now to be used only on multiaccess
media, and it is to mean "the top label of the following label stack
is an upstream-assigned label".  The former "unicast codepoint" is to
be used in all other cases.  Whether the data link layer payload is a
unicast MPLS packet or a multicast MPLS packet is now to be
determined by looking up the top label, rather than by the codepoint.

RFC3032 does not specify the destination address to be placed in the
"MAC DA" field of an ethernet frame which carries an MPLS multicast
packet.  This document provides that specification.

This document updates RFC 3032 and RFC 4023.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-multicast-encaps-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mpls-multicast-encaps-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-multicast-encaps-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce