Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rekhter-v6-ext-communities-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Address Specific BGP Extended Communities Attribute
	Author(s)	: Y. Rekhter
	Filename	: draft-rekhter-v6-ext-communities-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 2006-9-25
	
Current specifications of BGP Extended Communities [BGP-EXTCOMM]
support IPv4 Address Specific Extended Community, but do not support
IPv6 Address Specific Extended Community. The lack of IPv6 Address
Specific Extended Community may be a problem when an application uses
IPv4 Address Specific Extended Community, and one wants to use this
application in a pure IPv6 environment. This document defines a new
BGP attribute, IPv6 Address Specific Extended Community that
addresses this problem. The IPv6 Address Specific Extended Community
is similar to the IPv4 Address Specific Extended Community, except
that it carries an IPv6 address rather than an IPv4 address.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rekhter-v6-ext-communities-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-rekhter-v6-ext-communities-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rekhter-v6-ext-communities-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce