Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xu-softwire-4over6multicast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv4 over IPv6 multicast
	Author(s)	: M. Xu, et al.
	Filename	: draft-xu-softwire-4over6multicast-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2006-9-13
	
   The 4over6 mechanism is a mechanism to interconnect IPv4 networks
   over IPv6 backbones and provide IPv4-to-IPv6 transparent routing.
   The 4over6 unicast has been described in
   draft-wu-softwire-mesh-framework-00.txt.

   This memo provides the 4over6 multicast mechanism.  We use BGP for
   discovering and maintaining the membership among all the Provider
   Edges (PE), and use IPv6 and IPv4 PIM-SM to construct the
   distribution tree.  In the IPv6 backbone, static PIM-SSM trees are
   initially constructed for every PE.  All the multicast traffic from
   the same PE are forwarded through only one PIM-SSM tree to avoid P
   routers maintaining too much state information.  The process of
   encapsulation and decapsulation is the same as 4over6 unicast.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-softwire-4over6multicast-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-xu-softwire-4over6multicast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xu-softwire-4over6multicast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce