Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using BGP as an Auto-Discovery Mechanism for VR-based Layer-3 VPNs
	Author(s)	: H. Ould-Brahim, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-08.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2006-9-26
	
In any provider-based VPN scheme, the Provider Edge (PE) devices 
   attached to a common VPN must exchange certain information as a 
   prerequisite to establish VPN-specific connectivity. The main 
   purpose of an auto-discovery mechanism is to enable a PE to 
   dynamically discover the set of remote PEs having VPN members in 
   common. The auto-discovery mechanism proceeds by having a PE 
   advertises to other PEs, at a minimum, its own IP address and the 
   list of VPN members configured on that PE. Once that information is 
   received the remote PEs will then identify the list of VPN sites
   members of the same VPN, and use the information 
   carried within the discovery mechanism to establish VPN 
   connectivity. This draft defines a BGP based auto-discovery 
   mechanism for Virtual Router-based layer-3 VPNs. This mechanism is 
   based on the approach used by BGP/MPLS-IP-VPN for distributing VPN 
   routing information within the service provider(s).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce