Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Methodology for benchmarking MPLS Protection mechanisms 
	Author(s)	: R. Papneja, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-00.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2006-10-18

     This draft provides the methodology for benchmarking MPLS Protection 
     mechanisms especially the failover time of local protection (MPLS Fast 
     Reroute as defined in RFC-4090). The failover to a backup tunnel could 
     happen at the headend of the primary tunnel or a midpoint and the backup 
     could offer link or node protection. It becomes vital to benchmark the 
     failover time for all the cases and combinations. The failover time 
     could also greatly differ based on the design and implementation and by 
     factors like the number of prefixes carried by the tunnel, the routing 
     protocols that installed these prefixes (IGP, BGP...), the number of 
     primary tunnels affected by the event that caused the failover, number 
     of primary tunnels the backup protects and type of failure, the physical 
     media  type  on  which  the  failover  occurs  etc.  All  the  required 
     benchmarking criteria and benchmarking topology required for measuring 
     failover time of local protection is described Conventions used in this 
     document 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-protection-meth-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce