Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-petander-mipshop-fmipv6-bbsd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Bicasting with Buffering and Selective Delivery for Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6 
	Author(s)	: H. Petander
	Filename	: draft-petander-mipshop-fmipv6-bbsd-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2006-10-17
	
   More and more mobile nodes are being equipped with multiple radios, 
   such as 3G and 802.11. This document specifies use of Bicasting with 
   Buffering and Selective Delivery (BBSD) with Fast Handovers for 
   Mobile IPv6 (RFC 4068). The BBSD scheme takes advantage of the 
   additional radio capabilities of Mobile Nodes. As in Simultaneous 
   Bindings for Fast Handovers, the BBSD extension uses bicasting to 
   allow a Mobile Node to continue receiving packets directly from the 
   Previous Access Router during the handoff process. In addition, the 
   selective delivery uses sequence numbers in the bicasted packets to 
   enable the New Access Router to only deliver those packets from its 
   buffer that the Mobile Node has not already received directly from 
   the Previous Access Router. This reduces the overhead of bicasting 
   and mitigates the negative impacts of packet duplication on the 
   application performance in Mobile Node. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petander-mipshop-fmipv6-bbsd-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-petander-mipshop-fmipv6-bbsd-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-petander-mipshop-fmipv6-bbsd-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce