Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-adamson-roca-rmtsec-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Security and Reliable Multicast Transport Protocols: Discussions and Guidelines
	Author(s)	: B. Adamson, V. Roca
	Filename	: draft-adamson-roca-rmtsec-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-10-18

   This document describes some security risks of the Reliable Multicast
   Transport (RMT) Working Group set of building blocks and protocols.
   An emphasis is placed on risks that might be resolved in the scope of
   transport protocol design.  However, relevant security issues related
   to IP Multicast control-plane and other concerns not strictly within
   the scope of reliable transport protocol design are also discussed.

   The document also begins an exploration of approaches that could be
   embraced to mitigate these risks.  The purpose of this document is to
   provide a consolidated security discussion and provide a basis for
   further discussion and potential resolution of any significant
   security issues that may exist in the current set of RMT standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adamson-roca-rmtsec-issues-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-adamson-roca-rmtsec-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-adamson-roca-rmtsec-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce