Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-babiarz-pcn-sip-cap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SIP Controlled Admission and Preemption
	Author(s)	: J. Babiarz, et al.
	Filename	: draft-babiarz-pcn-sip-cap-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-10-16
	
   This framework defines a method of providing Explicit Congestion
   Control to real-time inelastic traffic like voice and video through
   the use of session admission control and preemption mechanisms.  This
   approach uses the Pre-Congestion Notification Marking (PCN) [1]
   mechanism.  PCN marking is deployed in routers to measure and convey
   two levels of onset of congestion with the SIP controlled endpoints
   responding to the marking.  This approach is different from what is
   defined in An edge-to-edge Deployment Model for Pre-Congestion
   Notification [3], as here the admission and preemption control
   function resides in the application (either in the endpoint or the
   application server that controls the endpoint.  This framework is
   focused on using Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) as the application
   signaling protocol but other application signaling protocols could be
   extended for this purpose.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-babiarz-pcn-sip-cap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-babiarz-pcn-sip-cap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-babiarz-pcn-sip-cap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce