Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Web Authentication Resistant to Phishing
	Author(s)	: S. Hartman
	Filename	: draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-02.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-10-23
	
This memo proposes requirements for protocols between web identity
   providers and users and for requirements for protocols between
   identity providers and relying parties.  These requirements minimize
   the likelihood that criminals will be able to gain the credentials
   necessary to impersonate a user or be able to fraudulently convince
   users to disclose personal information.  To meet these requirements
   browsers must change.  Websites must never receive information such
   as passwords that can be used to impersonate the user to third
   parties.  Browsers should perform mutual authentication and flag
   situations when the target website is not authorized to accept the
   identity being offered as this is a strong indication of fraud.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce