Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sip-route-construct-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Construction of the Route Header Field in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-sip-route-construct-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-10-20
	
The Route header field in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is
   used to cause a request to visit a set of hops on its way towards the
   final destination.  Several specifications have defined rules for how
   a user agent obtains and then uses a set of Route header fields in
   the transmission of a request.  These include the SIP specification
   itself, the Service-Route header field specification, the SIP server
   option in the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and others.
   Unfortunately, these specifications are not consistent and the
   resulting behavior at clients and servers is not clear or complete.
   This document resolves this problem by defining a consistent set of
   logic, and in the process, serves as an update to the Service-Route
   specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-route-construct-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-rosenberg-sip-route-construct-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-route-construct-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce