Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-symington-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Delay-Tolerant Networking Retransmission Block
	Author(s)	: S. Symington
	Filename	: draft-symington-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-10-13
	
   This document defines an optional extension block, called a
   Retransmission Block, that may be used with the Bundle Protocol [2]
   within the context of a Delay-Tolerant Network architecture [4].  The
   Retransmission Block (RB) is designed to be inserted by a custodian
   when re-forwarding a bundle, so as to mark the bundle as a legitimate
   custody-based retransmission rather than an unauthorized bundle
   duplicate.  By providing a way for nodes that receive the re-
   forwarded bundle to distinguish it from an unauthorized duplicate,
   the RB enables those nodes whose local security policies do not
   permit them to forward replayed bundles to detect and delete
   unauthorized bundle replays but forward authorized custody-based
   bundle retransmissions.  This document defines the format and
   processing of this new Retransmission Block.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-symington-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-symington-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-symington-dtnrg-bundle-retrans-block-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce