Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: HTTP State Management Mechanism v2
	Author(s)	: Y. Pettersen
	Filename	: draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-00.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2006-10-18

   This document specifies a way to create a stateful session with
   Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) requests and responses.  It
   describes three headers, Cookie, Cookie2, and Set-Cookie2, which
   carry state information between participating origin servers and user
   agents.  The method described here differs from both Netscape's
   Cookie proposal [Netscape], and [RFC2965], but it can, provided some
   requirements are met, interoperate with HTTP/1.1 user agents that use

   Netscape's method.  (See the HISTORICAL section.)

   This document defines new rules for how cookies can be shared between
   servers within a domain.  These new rules are intended to address
   security and privacy concerns that are difficult to counter for
   clients implementing Netscape's proposed rules or the rules specified
   by RFC 2965.

   This document reflects implementation experience with RFC 2965 and
   obsoletes it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce