Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pdutta-l2vpn-hvpls-standby-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Signaling Standby State of Pseudowire Groups in H-VPLS 
	Author(s)	: P. Dutta, et al.
	Filename	: draft-pdutta-l2vpn-hvpls-standby-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2006-10-17
	
   H-VPLS is an architecture that follows hub-and-spoke connectivity 
   model among VPLS aware devices and is proposed in [VPLS-LDP] for    
   creating scalable VPLS implementations. To protect from failure of 
   the spoke PW or the failure of host PE-rs, MTU-s may be dual homed 
   to two PE-rs devices for a VPLS instance through primary spoke PW 
   and secondary(standby) spoke PW. The respective PE-rs devices(s) are 
   unaware of the primary or secondary status of spoke PWs. So
   Broadcast, Unlearned unicast and Multicast (BUM) traffic received 
   from full mesh core by a PE-rs is replicated to MTU-s over secondary 
   spoke PW to get dropped at MTU-s. In such scenerios it may be 
   desirable to block the standby spoke PW at PE-rs end with minimal 
   compromise on traffic disruption when MTU-s performs a switchover to 
   secondary spoke PW. This document proposes an extension to PW status
   TLV defined in [RFC 4447] to signal Standby or Active state of PW by
   MTU-s to PE-rs in a scalable manner. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-l2vpn-hvpls-standby-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-pdutta-l2vpn-hvpls-standby-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-l2vpn-hvpls-standby-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce