Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-design-considerations-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:50:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Design Considerations for the Common MIH Protocol Functions
	Author(s)	: E. Hepworth, et al.
	Filename	: draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-design-considerations-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-10-26
	
The MIPSHOP working group is currently developing functionality to
   support media independent handover services, which are intended to
   aid IP handover mechanisms between heterogeneous wired and wireless
   access systems.  These handover services provide a mechanism by which
   information such as the presence of neighbouring links and networks,
   and their associated characteristics, can be delivered to mobile and
   other network nodes for the purposes of supporting better handover
   decisions.  A key component of the solution is the set of protocols
   that is used to deliver the various types of information to the
   appropriate destination node.  A separate problem statement draft
   outlines a structure for this set of protocols as a unified set of
   common functions, supporting a more diverse set of application
   specific protocols.  This draft outlines the key considerations that
   have to be considered when selecting or designing protocols for such
   common functionality.  This draft is offered for use as a mechanism
   to capture working group discussions on the design of the common
   protocol functions during their initial development, without imposing
   a particular solution on the discussion process.  It is not intended
   as a long term output.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-design-considerations-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-design-considerations-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-design-considerations-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce