Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-rai-phone-names-numbers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: An Architecture and Framework for the Usage of Telephone Numbers with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-rai-phone-names-numbers-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2006-10-18

   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is often used for the purposes
   of making and receiving Voice over IP (VoIP) calls, and in many of
   these cases one or both parties in the call is on the Public Switched
   Telephone Network (PSTN).  For this reason, phone numbers are often
   used as part of SIP calls.  Despite numerous small specifications
   describing usage of phone numbers for SIP, there remains a great deal
   of interoperability problems and feature loss.  This document tries
   to address this by providing a general framework for the usage of
   phone numbers and phone naming and numbering services with SIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-rai-phone-names-numbers-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-rosenberg-rai-phone-names-numbers-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-rai-phone-names-numbers-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce