Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bajko-mip6-rrtfw-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Firewall friendly RTT for MIPv6
	Author(s)	: G. Bajko
	Filename	: draft-bajko-mip6-rrtfw-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2006-10-25
	
Firewalls represent an integral part of today's IP networks, 
   currently based on IPv4 technology. Deployment of IPv6 is under way, 
   and firewall vendors will need to deploy firewalls which will be 
   able to handle IPv6 packets, including its many extensions. Mobile 
   IPv6, standardized in RFC3775, specifies a number of extensions and 
   procedures to IPv6, which do not work when firewalls are on the data 
   communication path [1]. 
    
   This document defines a slightly modified Return Routability Test 
   (RRT) for MIPv6 [2]. The new method is firewall friendly and allows 
   a mobile node to send Binding Update message to its correspondent 
   node (so that Route Optimization can be applied) and ensures that 
   the CN receives the Binding Update, even when either the mobile 
   node, the CN, or both are located behind firewalls.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bajko-mip6-rrtfw-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bajko-mip6-rrtfw-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bajko-mip6-rrtfw-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce