Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ford-behave-app-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Application Design Guidelines for Traversal Through Network Address Translators
	Author(s)	: B. Ford, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ford-behave-app-04.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2006-10-4
	
This document defines guidelines by which application designers
   can create applications that communicate reliably and efficiently
   in the presence of Network Address Translators (NATs),
   particularly when the application has a need for "peer-to-peer"
   (P2P) type of communication. The guidelines allow a P2P application
   to work reliably across a majority of existing NATs, as well as all
   future NATs that conform to the behave requirements specified in
   companion documents. The NAT traversal techniques described in
   the document do not require the use of special proxy or relay
   protocols, do not require specific knowledge about the network
   topology or the number and type of NATs in the path, and do not
   require any modifications to IP or transport-layer protocols
   on the end hosts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ford-behave-app-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ford-behave-app-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ford-behave-app-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce