Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Pre-Congestion Notification marking
	Author(s)	: B. Briscoe, et al.
	Filename	: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-03.txt
	Pages		: 48
	Date		: 2006-10-22
	
Pre-Congestion Notification (PCN) builds on the concepts of RFC 3168, 
   "The addition of Explicit Congestion Notification to IP". However, 
   Pre-Congestion Notification aims at providing notification before any 
   congestion actually occurs. Pre-Congestion Notification is applied to 
   real-time flows (such as voice, video and multimedia streaming) in 
   DiffServ networks. As described in [CL-DEPLOY], it enables "pre" 
   congestion control through two procedures, flow admission control and 
   flow pre-emption. The draft proposes algorithms that determine when a 
   PCN-enabled router writes Admission Marking and Pre-emption Marking 
   in a packet header, depending on the traffic level. The draft also 
   proposes how to encode these markings. We present simulation results 
   with PCN working in an edge-to-edge scenario using the marking 
   algorithms described. Other marking algorithms will be investigated 
   in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce