Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sip-outbound-discovery-mid-dialog-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Discovering Outbound Proxies and Providing High Availability with Client Initiated Connections in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-sip-outbound-discovery-mid-dialog-00.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2006-10-13
	
   In many deployment configurations, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   clients are capable of initiating connection requests towards their
   SIP server, but the SIP server cannot open connections towards the
   client.  Specifications have been developed which allow for a client-
   initiated connection to be used for incoming requests towards the
   client.  This outbound connection involves the use of a SIP proxy,
   called an outbound proxy, that the client connects to.  However, the
   specification does not provide a means to discover the outbound
   proxy, nor does it support high availability for failures of the
   outbound proxy mid-dialog.  This specification fills those gaps.  The
   resulting mechanism additionally provides solutions for inter-proxy
   connection reuse and usage of certificates with SIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-outbound-discovery-mid-dialog-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-rosenberg-sip-outbound-discovery-mid-dialog-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-outbound-discovery-mid-dialog-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce