Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chakravorty-6lsa-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Label Switching Architecture
	Author(s)	: S. Chakravorty, et al.
	Filename	: draft-chakravorty-6lsa-02.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2006-10-12
	
This specification provides an architectural framework, called IPv6
   Label Switching Architecture or 6LSA, for an end-to-end, IP-centric
   packet transmission technique that uses the IPv6 packet header Flow
   Label to establish IPv6-based label switched paths.  The label
   switched paths, called 6LSPs, provide application and user specified
   routes for efficient transport of packets and as means for quality of

   service (QoS) or other service delivery.  Through look-ups of 20-bit
   labels instead of 128-bit IPv6 addresses, the architecture provides
   potential memory and processing savings, the latter through
   significantly reduced address fetches for the low-powered, handheld
   devices.  Although the label from the source is delivered to the
   destination unmodified as required for conformance to the basic tenet
   of the existing defintion of the 3-tuple flow, the intermediate
   network nodes in 6LSA are allowed to temporarily replace the original
   label with a label of local significance.  This enables 6LSA flows to
   be hop-specific although session-based and as such a unique QoS
   delivery technique for bandwidth constrained media. 6LSA also
   enhances security since label generation and assignment algorithms
   can be modified periodically.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakravorty-6lsa-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-chakravorty-6lsa-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chakravorty-6lsa-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce