Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bajko-nsis-fw-reqs-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Firewall Configuration Protocol
	Author(s)	: G. Bajko
	Filename	: draft-bajko-nsis-fw-reqs-05.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2006-10-20
	
3GPP2 is working in specifying a way to allow the mobile network 
   subscribers to configure the Firewalls in their network according to 
   their needs[3]. 
   This document defines requirements for a Firewall Configuration 
   Protocol. It has been produced by a number of 3GPP2 member companies 
   and endorsed by 3GPP2. It contains 3GPP2 requirements to a next 
   generation firewall configuration protocol. 
    
   With the number of threats that keep increasing on the Internet, 
   many networks have decided to deploy firewalls to reduce the 
   possible risks and protect their users as well as their network 
   resources. Firewalls can however present many issues with new 
   protocols, applications and scenarios to be supported. Data packets 
   may be discarded at the firewalls. In addition, the clients may 
   often be the only parties that know the requirements and details of 
   the data communications. This document therefore explains why a 
   protocol allowing clients to configure firewalls would be useful, 
   and attempts to identify the requirements and features to be 
   supported by such a protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bajko-nsis-fw-reqs-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bajko-nsis-fw-reqs-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bajko-nsis-fw-reqs-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce