Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Socket API for Address Selection
	Author(s)	: E. Nordmark, et al.
	Filename	: draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-04.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2006-10-20
	
The IPv6 default address selection document [RFC3484] describes the
   rules for selecting source and destination IPv6 addresses, and
   indicates that applications should be able to reverse the sense of
   some of the address selection rules through some unspecified API.
   However, no such socket API exists in the basic [RFC3493] or 
advanced

   [RFC3542] IPv6 socket API documents.  This document fills that gap by
   specifying new socket level options and flags for the getaddrinfo()
   API to specify preferences for address selection that modify the
   default address selection algorithm.  The socket API described in
   this document will be particularly useful for IPv6 applications that
   want to choose between temporary and public addresses, and for Mobile
   IPv6 aware applications that want to use the care-of address for
   communication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce