Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-petander-mipshop-bicasthdr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Bicast packet identification header 
	Author(s)	: H. Petander
	Filename	: draft-petander-mipshop-bicasthdr-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2006-10-17
	
   Bicasting or multicasting of traffic can be used to reduce the impact 
   of a handoff by allowing a Mobile Node to receive a stream via 
   multiple paths simultaneously. However, receiving of multiple copies 
   of the packets may have a negative impact on applications which 

   cannot distinguish duplicate packets. This holds true for all 
   applications using TCP which mistakes the packet duplication from 
   bicasting with congestion and reduces the sending rate drastically. 
   This document specifies an IPv6 destination option header which can 
   be used to identify and discard duplicate copies of bicasted packets. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petander-mipshop-bicasthdr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-petander-mipshop-bicasthdr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-petander-mipshop-bicasthdr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce