Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-watson-fecframe-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework
	Author(s)	: M. Watson
	Filename	: draft-watson-fecframe-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2006-10-17
	
   This document provides an initial proposal for a framework for using
   forward error correction (FEC) codes with applications in the
   Internet to provide protection against packet loss.  The framework
   supports applying Forward Error Correction to arbitrary packet flows
   and is primarily intended for streaming media.  This framework can be
   used to define Content Delivery Protocols that provide Forward Error
   Correction for streaming media delivery or other packet flows.
   Content Delivery Protocols defined using this framework can support
   any FEC Scheme (and associated FEC codes) which is compliant with
   various requirements defined in this document.  Thus, Content
   Delivery Protocols can be defined which are not specific to a
   particular FEC Scheme and FEC Schemes can be defined which are not
   specific to a particular Content Delivery Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-watson-fecframe-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-watson-fecframe-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-watson-fecframe-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce