Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lefaucheur-idr-v4nlri-v6nh-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Advertising an IPv4 NLRI with an IPv6 Next Hop
	Author(s)	: F. Le Faucheur, E. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-lefaucheur-idr-v4nlri-v6nh-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-10-12
	
   MultiProtocol-BGP (MP-BGP) specifies that the set of Network Layer
   protocols to which the address carried in the Next Hop field may
   belong is determined by the Address Family Identifier (AFI) and the
   Subsequent Address Family Identifier (SAFI).  The current AFI/SAFI
   definitions for the IPv4 address family only have provisions for
   advertising a Next Hop address that belongs to the IPv4 protocol when
   advertising an IPv4 Network Layer Reachability Information (NLRI).

   This document specifies the extensions necessary to allow advertising
   an IPv4 NLRI with a Next Hop address that belongs to the IPv6
   protocol.  This comprises an extension of the AFI/SAFI definitions to
   allow the address of the Next Hop for an IPv4 NLRI to also belong to
   the IPv6 protocol, the encoding of the Next Hop in order to determine
   which of the protocols the address actually belongs to, and a new BGP
   Capability allowing MP-BGP Peers to dynamically discover whether they
   can extend IPv4 NLRI with an IPv6 Next Hop.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lefaucheur-idr-v4nlri-v6nh-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-lefaucheur-idr-v4nlri-v6nh-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lefaucheur-idr-v4nlri-v6nh-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce