Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vasseur-pce-monitoring-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A set of monitoring tools for Path Computation Element based architecture
	Author(s)	: J. Vasseur
	Filename	: draft-vasseur-pce-monitoring-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2006-10-13

   A Path Computation Element (PCE) based architecture has been
   specified for the computation of constrained shortest Traffic
   Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) in Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks in the context
   of single or multiple across multiple domains (where a domain is
   referred to as a collection of network elements within a common
   sphere of address management or path computational responsibility

   such as IGP areas and Autonomous Systems).  In such PCE-based
   environment it is thus critical to monitor the state of the path
   computation chain and potentially gather various performance metrics
   with regards to the set of involved PCE(s) that can used for
   performance monitoring and troubleshooting purposes so as to identify
   a potential bottleneck in the path computation chain.  This document
   specifies procedures and extensions to the Path Computation Element
   Protocol (PCEP) in order to gather such information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-pce-monitoring-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-vasseur-pce-monitoring-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-pce-monitoring-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce