Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-komu-btns-api-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPsec Application Programming Interfaces
	Author(s)	: M. Komu
	Filename	: draft-komu-btns-api-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-10-9

   Usually network layer security through IPsec is transparent for
   applications.  Usually, they cannot detect the presence of IPsec or
   affect its security properties.  This document specifies extensions
   to increase the visibility of IPsec to applications through a low
   level sockets API.  In addition, a higher layer APIs based on GSS is
   also defined.  The GSS based APIs increase security level of the
   application through the dual use of both transport and network layer
   security.  It can be also used to improve protocol performance by
   reducing redundant authentications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-komu-btns-api-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-komu-btns-api-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-komu-btns-api-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce