Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-littlefield-sipping-mgmt-event-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 02:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Management Request Event Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Littlefield
	Filename	: draft-littlefield-sipping-mgmt-event-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-10-22
	
In many environments, firewall, NAT and IP addressing issues make
   remote management of devices containing SIP user agents difficult.
   This document defines a SIP event package for notifying a user agent
   that it should initiate a session with a management entity for
   management operations.  This type of "call-home" management avoids
   the need to maintain persistent TCP connections, or generate
   additional STUN traffic, with the management entity.  This event
   package is intended not to tunnel management protocols or otherwise
   provide management itself, but instead to provide a means for
   signaling a SIP UA that a management session is desired.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-littlefield-sipping-mgmt-event-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-littlefield-sipping-mgmt-event-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-littlefield-sipping-mgmt-event-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce