Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cowburn-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-hiding-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: MAC Hiding in an H-VPLS Environment
	Author(s)	: I. Cowburn
	Filename	: draft-cowburn-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-hiding-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-10-20
	
This document describes a mechanism for hiding customer MAC 
  addresses on a PE-rs in an H-VPLS environment.  In the H-VPLS 
  hierarchy, a PE-rs is exposed to the MAC addresses for customers on 
  its directly attached MTU-s and the remote MAC addresses for all of 
  its configured VPLS instances.  This can result in the requirement 
  to store a large number of a MAC addresses.  
  This document introduces the concept of an MTU-id per MTU-s which is 
  included with the customer frame sent by an MTU-s.  The PE-rs is 
  then able to switch based on the MTU-id rather than the customer MAC 
  addresses, thereby reducing the address storage requirements on the 
  PE-rs to be of the order of the number of MTU-s.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cowburn-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-hiding-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-cowburn-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-hiding-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cowburn-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-hiding-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce