Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ltans-reqs-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Long-Term Archive and Notary Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Long-Term Archive Service Requirements
	Author(s)	: C. Wallace, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ltans-reqs-08.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-10-6
	
There are many scenarios in which users must be able to prove the
   existence of data at a specific point in time and be able to
   demonstrate the integrity of data since that time, even when the
   duration from time of existence to time of demonstration spans a
   large period of time.  Additionally, users must be able to verify
   signatures on digitally signed data many years after the generation
   of the signature.  This document describes a class of long-term
   archive services to support such scenarios and the technical
   requirements for interacting with such services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltans-reqs-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ltans-reqs-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltans-reqs-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce