Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ford-behave-top-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:50:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Complications from Network Address Translator Deployment Topologies
	Author(s)	: B. Ford, P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ford-behave-top-03.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2006-10-26
	
This document identifies two deployment scenarios that have arisen
   from the unconventional network topologies formed using Network
   Address Translator devices (NATs). First, the simplicity of
   administering networks through the combination of NAT and DHCP has
   increasingly lead to the deployment of multi-level inter-connected
   private networks involving overlapping IP address spaces. Second,
   the proliferation of private networks in enterprises, hotels and
   conferences, and the wide spread use of Virtual Private Networks
   (VPNs) to access enterprise intranet from remote locations has
   increasingly lead to overlapping IP address space between remote
   and corporate networks. The document does not dismiss these
   unconventional scenarios as invalid, but recognizes them as real and
   offers recommendations to ensure these real scenarios can funtion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ford-behave-top-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ford-behave-top-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ford-behave-top-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce