Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:50:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: OCSP Extensions to IKEv2
	Author(s)	: M. Myers, H. Tschofenig
	Filename	: draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-05.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-10-25
	
While IKEv2 supports public key based authentication (PKI), the
   corresponding use of in-band CRLs is problematic due to unbounded
   Certificate Revocation List (CRL) size.  The size of an Online
   Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) response is however well-bounded
   and small.  This document defines the "OCSP Content" extension to
   IKEv2.  A CERTREQ payload with "OCSP Content" identifies zero or more
   trusted OCSP responders and is a request for inclusion of an OCSP
   response in the IKEv2 handshake.  A cooperative recipient of such a
   request responds with a CERT payload containing the appropriate OCSP
   response.  This content is recognizable via the same "OCSP Content"
   identifier.

   When certificates are used with IKEv2, the communicating peers need a
   mechanism to determine the revocation status of the peer's
   certificate.  OCSP is one such mechanism.  This document applies when
   OCSP is desired and security policy prevents one of the IKEv2 peers
   from accessing the relevant OCSP responder directly.  Firewalls are
   often deployed in a manner that prevents such access by IKEv2 peers
   outside of an enterprise network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce