Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shafer-netconf-syslog-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A SYSLOG Capability for NETCONF
	Author(s)	: P. Shafer
	Filename	: draft-shafer-netconf-syslog-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2006-6-22
	
   SYSLOG is the most prevalent mechanism for delivering event
   notification data off networking devices.  NETCONF is intended to
   provide a standard mechanism for performing configuration operations
   on networking devices.  The two areas will overlap, giving rise to a
   need for receiving notification data over NETCONF.

   This document presents a simple mechanism for accessing SYSLOG data
   over NETCONF, implemented using the existing NETCONF RPC
   infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shafer-netconf-syslog-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shafer-netconf-syslog-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shafer-netconf-syslog-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce