Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gai-perlman-trill-encap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: An encapsulation for TRILL 
	Author(s)	: S. Gai, et al.
	Filename	: draft-gai-perlman-trill-encap-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2006-10-11
	
   A new layer of encapsulation is required with RBridges.  A previous 
   Internet Draft [2] (draft-bryant-perlman-trill-pwe-encap-00) proposes 
   an encapsulation header that contains a Nickname, a flag, TTL and 
   CoS. This document introduces additional fields, and gives arguments 
   for their usefulness. As a result the encapsulation header needs to 
   be expanded and will no longer be able to be in MPLS format. The WG 
   will need to decide on the tradeoffs between this additional 
   functionality, and compatibility with an existing (MPLS) format. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gai-perlman-trill-encap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-gai-perlman-trill-encap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gai-perlman-trill-encap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce