Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jung-sipping-authentication-spit-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Authentication between the Inbound Proxy and the UAS for Protecting SPIT in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
	Author(s)	: S. Jung, et al.
	Filename	: draft-jung-sipping-authentication-spit-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2006-10-17
	
   This memo proposes to add a digest message authentication scheme 
   between the inbound proxy and the UAS for protecting SPIT. Spammers 
   can directly send SIP calls (such as call spam and IM spam) to the 
   UAS using P2P call signaling. For rejecting the SPIT, the UAS should 
   be able to verify that the SIP messages are forwarded by the proxy 
   server, not directly from spammers. By applying the message digest 
   scheme similar to the HTTP digest, the UAS processes the request 
   after assuring that the INVITE message comes through the inbound 
   proxy server. The main advantage of this scheme is to protect SPIT by

   adding a very simple message authentication scheme between the proxy 
   server and the UAS. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jung-sipping-authentication-spit-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-jung-sipping-authentication-spit-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jung-sipping-authentication-spit-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce