Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: CEQMM: A Complete and Efficient Quality of service Model for MANETs
	Author(s)	: H. Badis, et al.
	Filename	: draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-01.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 2006-10-6
	
This draft specifies CEQMM, a Complete and Efficient Quality of 
   Service (QoS) Model for MANETs which combines the positive aspects 
   of both IntServ and DiffServ. It uses a hybrid per-flow and per-class
   provisioning scheme. In such a scheme, traffic of highest priority is
   given per-flow provisioning while other priority classes are given
   per-class provisioning. To offer this scheme and to ensure that
   certain packets receive higher priority transmission than other 
   packets, priority classifier, active queue management and packet 
   scheduler are integrated. CEQMM applies the QOLSR protocol to support
   multiple-metric routing criteria and to respond quickly when changes
   in topology and/or QoS conditions are detected. Once a path is chosen
   for one QoS flow, CEQMM performs call admission control (CAC) at each
   intermediate node. For only QoS flows of highest priority, a node can
   precede to soft and later hard bandwidth reservation on links during
   the CAC process.  CEQMM implements congestion avoidance mechanisms to
   prevent a network from entering the congested state.  However, in
   MANETs, network congestion can still occur frequently under mobility.
   In order to prevent performance degradation due to mobility-triggered
   congestion, CEQMM uses congestion control scheme based on: (i) rated
   control of best-effort traffic, (ii) path selection for best-effort
   traffic, (iii) next hop maintaining for each QoS class (except the 
   high-priority class), (iv) active queue management and (v) backoff
   timer method.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce