Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-johansson-avt-rtp-shim-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: VoIP Shim for RTP Payload Formats
	Author(s)	: I. Johansson
	Filename	: draft-johansson-avt-rtp-shim-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2006-10-23
	
This document provides a general mechanism to provide with compact
   and efficient inband signaling mechanisms for VoIP applications using
   the RTP (Real-Time Transport Protocol).  It provides the option to
   include a few additional inband signaling bytes in between the RTP
   header and the RTP payload.  The intention of using Shim is to enable
   a fast inband signaling channel that can be used for adaptation
   purposes.

   The intention of the proposed inband signaling is that it should act
   as a wrapper around the actual payload.  For instance if the payload
   is AMR-NB (RFC 3267), shim will encapsulate the payload in a fashion
   similar to RCF2198.  In order to distinguish this encapsulated
   payload from a "normal" payload, necessary attributes are specified
   in SDP.

   The main application is for two party teleconferencing but the
   presented mechanism can be used for multi party teleconferencing
   applications as well.  The name Shim is to refer to the "little thing
   something that one put in between".

   The name Shim is to refer to the "little thing something that one put
   in between".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johansson-avt-rtp-shim-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-johansson-avt-rtp-shim-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:From [email-masked] Mon Oct 23 16:01:10 2006
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:50:01 -0400
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-01.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: NSIS Operation Over IP Tunnels
	Author(s)	: C. Shen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-01.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2006-10-23
	
This draft presents an NSIS operation over IP tunnel scheme using QoS
   NSLP as the NSIS signaling application.  Both sender-initiated and
   receiver-initiated NSIS signaling modes are discussed.  The scheme
   creates individual or aggregate tunnel sessions for end-to-end
   sessions traversing the tunnel.  Packets belonging to qualified end-
   to-end sessions are mapped to corresponding tunnel sessions and
   assigned special flow IDs to be distinguished from the rest of the
   tunnel traffic.  Tunnel endpoints keep the association of the end-to-
   end and tunnel session mapping, so that adjustment in one session can
   be reflected in the other.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-tunnel-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. From [email-masked] Mon Oct 23 16:01:10 2006
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sipping-overload-reqs-02.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Management of Overload in the Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-sipping-overload-reqs-02.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2006-10-23
	
Overload occurs in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) networks when
   proxies and user agents have insuffient resources to complete the
   processing of a request.  SIP provides limited support for overload
   handling through its 503 response code, which tells an upstream
   element that it is overloaded.  However, numerous problems have been
   identified with this mechanism.  This draft summarizes the problems
   with the existing 503 mechanism, and provides some requirements for a
   solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-overload-reqs-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-rosenberg-sipping-overload-reqs-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-overload-reqs-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been splitFrom [email-masked] Mon Oct 23 16:01:10 2006
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:50:03 -0400
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-04.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Passwordless Initial Authentication to Kerberos by Hardware Preauthentication
	Author(s)	: M. Crawford
	Filename	: draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-04.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2006-10-23
	
This document specifies an extension to the Kerberos protocol for
    performing initial authentication of a user without using that
    user's long-lived password.  Any "hardware preauthentication" method
    may be employed instead of the password, and the key of another
    principal must be nominated to encrypt the returned credential.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically r
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-johansson-avt-rtp-shim-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce