Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fries-sip-identity-usage-bcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SIP Identity Usage
	Author(s)	: S. Fries, et al.
	Filename	: draft-fries-sip-identity-usage-bcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-10-17
	
   This document describes a use case for the SIP Identity document
   involving certificate, which may not be publically resolvable.  It
   provides a best current practice document for binding an identity to
   a certificate for the duration of a session.  The certificate may
   then be used to bootstrap further security parameters, e.g., for
   securing media data.  A discussion of possible enhancements is
   included in the appendix.  Editors Note: The first version of this
   draft was discussed in the SIPPING WG.  As the target of this draft
   is a BCP for current issues, the draft was updated and submitted to
   the SIP WG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fries-sip-identity-usage-bcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-fries-sip-identity-usage-bcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fries-sip-identity-usage-bcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce