Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-carpenter-protocol-extensions-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Procedures for protocol extensions and variations
	Author(s)	: B. Carpenter, et al.
	Filename	: draft-carpenter-protocol-extensions-04.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2006-10-6
	
This document discusses procedural issues related to the
   extensibility of IETF protocols, including when it is reasonable to
   extend IETF protocols with little or no review, and when extensions
   or variations need to be reviewed by the IETF community.  Experience
   has shown that extension of protocols without early IETF review can
   carry risk.  The document also recommends that major extensions to or   variations of IETF protocols only take place through normal IETF
   processes or in coordination with the IETF.

   This document is directed principally at other Standards Development
   Organizations (SDOs) and vendors considering requirements for
   extensions to IETF protocols.  It does not modify formal IETF
   processes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carpenter-protocol-extensions-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-carpenter-protocol-extensions-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-carpenter-protocol-extensions-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce