Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers for 3G CDMA Networks
	Author(s)	: H. Yokota, G. Dommety
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-01.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2006-10-25
	
Mobile IPv6 is designed to maintain its connectivity while moving
   from one network to another.  It is adopted in 3G CDMA networks as a
   way to maintain connectivity when the mobile node moves between
   access routers.  However, this handover procedure requires not only
   movement detection, but also the acquisition of a new care-of address
   and the sending of a binding update message to the home agent before
   the traffic begins to direct to the new location.  During this
   period, packets destined for the mobile node will be lost, which may
   not be acceptable for real-time application such as Voice over IP
   (VoIP) or video telephony.  This document specifies fast handover
   methods and selective bi-casting methods in the 3G context in order
   to reduce latency and packet loss during handover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce