Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-monami6-multihoming-motivation-scenario-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:50:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Nodes and Multiple Interfaces in IPv6 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Motivations and Scenarios for Using Multiple 
                          Interfaces and Global Addresses
	Author(s)	: T. Ernst, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-monami6-multihoming-motivation-scenario-01.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2006-10-26
	
In this document, multihoming is investigated from a node point of
   view, and not from a site point of view as the term "multihoming" is
   commonly understood so far.  The purpose of this document is to
   explain the motivations for fixed and mobile nodes (hosts and
   routers) using multiple interfaces and the scenarios where this may
   end up using multiple global addresses on their interfaces.  Such
   multihoming configurations can bring a number of benefits once
   appropriate support mechanisms are put in place.  Interestingly, this
   analysis is generic, i.e. motivations and benefits of node
   multihoming apply to both fixed end nodes and mobile end nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-monami6-multihoming-motivation-scenario-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-monami6-multihoming-motivation-scenario-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-monami6-multihoming-motivation-scenario-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce