Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-djernaes-simple-context-update-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Context updates in BGP
	Author(s)	: M. Djernaes, et al.
	Filename	: draft-djernaes-simple-context-update-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-10-16
	
   Currently BGP protocol can carry reachability information for
   multiple Address Families (AFI) and Subsequence Address Families
   (SAFI) using the Multiprotocol Extension[RFC2858], but it is limited
   to grouping of information based on the AFI/SAFI hierarchy.

   This document describes a mechanism to group and exchange prefix
   information based on properties other than just the AFI/
   SAFI[RFC2858].  The mechanism is flexible and backwards compatible
   with the current methods for exchanging prefixes and hence does not
   require any changes to the the protocol formats.  It introduces a new
   capability that allows two BGP speakers negotiate during the BGP OPEN
   phase in order to define what each AFI/SAFI means.

   In other words, the concept of a 'context' is defined and each such
   'context' can be mapped to an AFI/SAFI.  The context to AFI/SAFI
   mapping is only relevant to the BGP peers of the BGP session and
   hence offers great flexibility in how 2 BGP speakers can choose to
   group and exchange prefix information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-djernaes-simple-context-update-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-djernaes-simple-context-update-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-djernaes-simple-context-update-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce