Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2831bis-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Simple Authentication and Security Layer Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using Digest Authentication as a SASL Mechanism
	Author(s)	: A. Melnikov
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2831bis-10.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 2006-10-10
	
This specification defines how HTTP Digest Authentication (RFC 2617)
   can be used as a Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL, RFC
   4422) mechanism for any protocol that has a SASL profile. It is
   intended both as an improvement over CRAM-MD5 (RFC 2195) and as a
   convenient way to support a single authentication mechanism for web,
   mail, LDAP, and other protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2831bis-10.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2831bis-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2831bis-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce