Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schierl-mmusic-layered-codec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Signaling of layered and multi description 
                          media in Session Description Protocol (SDP)
	Author(s)	: T. Schierl
	Filename	: draft-schierl-mmusic-layered-codec-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-10-25
	
This memo defines semantics that allow for signaling decoding dependency
of different media descriptions with the same media type in the Session
Description Protocol (SDP).  This is required, for example, if media
data is separated and transported in different network streams as a
result of the use of a layered media coding process.

A new grouping type "DDP" -- decoding dependency -- is defined, to be
used in conjunction with RFC 3388 entitled "Grouping of Media Lines in
the Session Description Protocol".  In addition, an attribute is
specified describing the relationship of the media streams in a "DDP"
group.
Finally, this memo defines SDP semantics indicating SSRC multiplexing
for media sessions in case RTP is used as the protocol for media
transport.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schierl-mmusic-layered-codec-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-schierl-mmusic-layered-codec-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schierl-mmusic-layered-codec-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce