Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-adan-idr-tidr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Tunneled Inter-domain Routing (TIDR)
	Author(s)	: J. Adan
	Filename	: draft-adan-idr-tidr-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-10-18
	
   In this paper we propose a new hierarchical method to enhance
   the current routing and forwarding paradigm for the Internet
   called Tunneled Inter-Domain Routing (TIDR). We will present the
   way in which TIDR permits to establish tunnels to the edge of
   the network, and how they will be used to forward traffic to
   stub networks. These tunnels will be explicitly signaled by
   using a new transitive BGP attribute called LOCATOR. This new
   routing and forwarding paradigm provides, among others, the
   following benefits: global routing table reduction, inter-domain
   routing infrastructure protection, improved multi-homing of edge
   networks, numerous forwarding decisions for a particular address
   prefix, it stops the AS number consumption, and it can be
   smoothly deployed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adan-idr-tidr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-adan-idr-tidr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-adan-idr-tidr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce