Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Lightweight SIP Toolkit for Peer-to-Peer and Basic Client-Server Systems
	Author(s)	: A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-10-16
	
     The number of SIP related standards can be significantly 
     reduced for various application scenarios by (1) using SIP 
     without "network based services" and (2) without emulating the 
     telephone network.  

     Such an approach reduces the number of SIP related standards 
     (as by mid 2006) from roughly 100 to about 11. Core SIP 
     interoperability and SIP compliance can be preserved without 
     relying on complex server based networks. 

     Successful IP communications must also include the relevant 
     standards for NAT traversal, some of which are not directly 
     related to SIP and also several standards for security. These 
     standards are included here as well. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce