Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moustafa-ancp-security-threats-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Security Threats and Security Requirements 
                          for the Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP)
	Author(s)	: H. Moustafa, et al.
	Filename	: draft-moustafa-ancp-security-threats-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2006-10-16
	
   The Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP) aims to communicate QoS-,
   service- and subscriber-related operations between a Network Access
   Server (NAS) and an Access Node (e.g., a Digital Subscriber Line
   Access Multiplexer (DSLAM)).  The main goal of this protocol is to
   configure and manage access equipments and allow them to report
   information to the NAS in order to enable and optimize configuration.

   This document investigates security threats that all ANCP nodes could
   encounter, developing a threat model for ANCP security aiming to
   decide which security functions are required at the ANCP level.
   Based on this, security requirements regarding the Access Node
   Control Protocol are defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moustafa-ancp-security-threats-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-moustafa-ancp-security-threats-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moustafa-ancp-security-threats-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce