Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sun-dime-diameter-resource-control-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Towards the Specification of a Diameter Resource Control Application: gaps, functional requirements and models, and implementations  
	Author(s)	: D. Sun
	Filename	: draft-sun-dime-diameter-resource-control-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2006-11-6
	
   This I-D is to address the gaps in the ongoing discussion of the QoS 
   application in the DIME WG, discuss the extension of the scope of QoS 
   application and investigate potential mechanisms to support 
   additional resource control scenarios.  The scope of diameter-qos-
   strawman-00.txt and its predecessors is limited to QoS authorization 
   in an environment where end-hosts can directly request network 
   resources through path-coupled QoS signaling such as RSVP or NSIS. It 
   does not address environments where path-coupled QoS signaling is not 
   supported by end user equipments or networks. In such environments, a 
   different mode of operations is needed to allow an authorizing entity 
   to not just authorize QoS requests triggered by the QoS signaling but 
   also directly authorize and allocate resources, and dictate 
   routers/switches to act. The new mode of operations also lends itself 
   to address resource control in general. It can control resources for 
   the purpose beyond QoS support, such as NAPT, media latching, and 
   packet filtering.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sun-dime-diameter-resource-control-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sun-dime-diameter-resource-control-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sun-dime-diameter-resource-control-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce