Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: LSP Preemption Policies for MPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: J. de Oliveira, et al.
	Filename	: draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-06.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-11-28
	
When the establishment of a higher priority (Traffic Engineering
   Label Switched Path) TE LSP requires the preemption of a set of lower
   priority TE LSPs, a node has to make a local decision to select which

   TE LSPs will be preempted.  The preempted LSPs are then rerouted by
   their respective Head-end Label Switch Router (LSR).  This document
   presents a flexible policy that can be used to achieve different
   objectives: preempt the lowest priority LSPs; preempt the minimum
   number of LSPs; preempt the set of TE LSPs that provide the closest
   amount of bandwidth to the required bandwidth for the preempting TE
   LSPs (to minimize bandwidth wastage); preempt the LSPs that will have
   the maximum chance to get rerouted.  Simulation results are given and
   a comparison among several different policies, with respect to
   preemption cascading, number of preempted LSPs, priority, wasted
   bandwidth and blocking probability is also included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce