Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gao-ccamp-gmpls-msspring-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Problem and Applicability Statement for the 
                          use of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label 
                          Switching (GMPLS) to Support Multiplex 
                          Section Shared Protection Ring (MS-SPRing) 
                          in Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) and 
                          Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) networks 
                          and Optical Transport Networks (OTNs) 
	Author(s)	: J. Gao, D. Li
	Filename	: draft-gao-ccamp-gmpls-msspring-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-10-18
	
   In order to provide high availability for transport networks, link 
   protection technologies are adopted in the data plane. In present 
   Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) and Synchronous Optical Network 
   (SONET)optical transport networks, shared ring protection 
   technologies, such as the 2/4-Fiber Bi-directional Multiplex Section 
   Shared Protection Ring(MS-SPRing), are widely used. The same 
   technologies can also be applied in Optical Transport Networks (OTNs). 
   This document describes a set of issues to be addressed when applying 
   GMPLS) to support MS-SPRings, and sets out how GMPLS can be applied. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gao-ccamp-gmpls-msspring-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-gao-ccamp-gmpls-msspring-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gao-ccamp-gmpls-msspring-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce