Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rbhatia-anycast-sip-proxy-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: SIP Proxy Discovery using Anycast Address 
	Author(s)	: R. Bhatia, M. Coulas
	Filename	: draft-rbhatia-anycast-sip-proxy-discovery-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2006-11-15
	
   SIP is an application-layer control protocol that can establish, 
   modify, and terminate multimedia sessions. SIP makes use of elements 
   called proxy servers to help route requests to and from the user's 
   current location. Before a SIP request can be sent by a SIP client, 
   an outbound SIP proxy (first hop proxy) has to be discovered to which 
   the SIP request can be forwarded. This draft proposes a new method 
   for discovering the address of first hop outbound SIP proxy server 
   based on the use of anycast addressing and the SIP OPTIONS request. 
   This new method can be used with either IPv4 or IPv6, however the 
   description and examples given in this draft are for IPv6 only. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rbhatia-anycast-sip-proxy-discovery-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-rbhatia-anycast-sip-proxy-discovery-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rbhatia-anycast-sip-proxy-discovery-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce