Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-miller-secsh-compression-delayed-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Delayed compression the SSH Transport Layer Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Friedl, D. Miller
	Filename	: draft-miller-secsh-compression-delayed-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2006-11-26
	
   This memo describes a new compression method for the SSH protocol.
   This new method uses the same zlib compression algorithm as the
   existing method described in the core SSH drafts but delays the start
   of compression until after user authentication has completed.  This
   eliminates the risk of a bug in compression libraries resulting in a
   pre-authentication compromise of an SSH server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-miller-secsh-compression-delayed-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-miller-secsh-compression-delayed-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-miller-secsh-compression-delayed-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce