Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-krovetz-vmac-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: VMAC: Message Authentication Code using Universal Hashing
	Author(s)	: T. Krovetz
	Filename	: draft-krovetz-vmac-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-11-8
	
   This specification describes how to generate an authentication tag
   using the VMAC message authentication algorithm.  VMAC is designed to
   have exceptional performance in software on 64-bit CPU architectures
   while performing well on 32-bit architectures.  Measured speeds are
   as low as one-half CPU cycle per byte on the 64-bit Intel Core 2
   architecture, and under five cycles per byte on recent 32-bit PowerPC
   and Intel processors.

   To generate the authentication tag on a given message, a "universal"
   hash function is applied to the message and key to produce a short,
   fixed-length hash value, and this hash value is then xor'ed with a
   key-derived pseudorandom pad.  VMAC tags can be either 64 or 128 bits
   in length and have proven forgery probabilities on the order of
   1/2"59 and 1/2"94, respectively.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krovetz-vmac-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-krovetz-vmac-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-krovetz-vmac-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce