Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Over the IP Specific part of the Packet Convergence sublayer in 802.16 Networks
	Author(s)	: B. Patil, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-12-18
	
IEEE Std 802.16 is an air interface specification.  IEEE has
   specified several service specific convergence sublayers (CS) for
   802.16 which are used by upper layer protocols.  The ATM CS and
   Packet CS are the two main service-specific convergence sublayers and
   these are a part of the 802.16 MAC which the upper layers interface
   to.The packet CS is used for transport for all packet-based protocols
   such as Internet Protocol (IP), IEEE Std. 802.3 (Ethernet) and, IEEE
   Std 802.1Q (VLAN).  The IP specific part of the Packet CS enables
   transport of IPv6 packets directly over the MAC.  This document
   specifies the addressing and operation of IPv6 over the IPv6 specific
   part of the packet CS for hosts served by a network that utilizes the
   IEEE Std 802.16 air interface.  It recommends the assignment of a
   unique prefix (or prefixes) to each host and allows the host to use
   multiple identifiers within that prefix, including support for
   randomly generated identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce