Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-akhter-bmwg-mpls-meth-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: MPLS Benchmarking Methodology
	Author(s)	: R. Asati, A. Akhter
	Filename	: draft-akhter-bmwg-mpls-meth-02.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2006-12-11
	
The purpose of this draft is to describe a methodology specific to 
   the benchmarking of MPLS imposition, forwarding and disposition 
   devices. The scope of this benchmarking will be limited to various 
   types of packet-forwarding and delay measurements. It builds upon the 
   tenets set forth in RFC2544, RFC1242 and other IETF Benchmarking 
   Methodology Working Group (BMWG) efforts.  This document seeks to 
   extend these efforts into the MPLS paradigm. 

   The BMWG produces two major classes of documents: Benchmarking 
   Terminology documents and Benchmarking Methodology documents.  The 
   Terminology documents present the benchmarks and other related terms. 
   The Methodology documents define the procedures required to collect 
   the benchmarks cited in the corresponding Terminology documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-akhter-bmwg-mpls-meth-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-akhter-bmwg-mpls-meth-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-akhter-bmwg-mpls-meth-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce