Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Design Rationale for Providing IP Services Over DVB-S2 Links
	Author(s)	: J. Lacan, J. Cantillo
	Filename	: draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-04.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2006-12-7
	
This document describes a framework for the transmission of IP
   datagrams over DVB-S2, the second generation standard for Digital
   Video Broadcasting over Satellite.  The new standard features an
   improved and adaptive physical layer, as well as a new framing
   structure at link level, the Generic Streams.  Combined use of
   adaptability and Generic Streams is expected to offer throughputs
   never achieved for IP services up to now, but no standard way to
   carry IP data using the specific features of DVB-S2 has been
   published up to date.  The present document analyzes these issues,
   and it identifies the requirements for the definition of a standard
   interface between the DVB-S2 link layer and an IP subnetwork.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cantillo-ipdvb-s2encaps-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce