Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-antoine-mip4-lowlatency-handoff-triggers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Using Higher Layer Triggers for Low Latency Handoffs in MIPv4
	Author(s)	: S. Antoine
	Filename	: draft-antoine-mip4-lowlatency-handoff-triggers-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2006-12-15

   This document introduces the use of triggers coming from layers
   higher than the link layer to initiate the Low Latency Handoff in
   Mobile IPv4 (MIPv4) .  The Low Latency Handoff for MIPv4 assumes
   availability of Layer 2 (L2) triggers that contain Layer 3 (L3)
   information for the Mobile Node (MN) to handoff.  However, the low
   latency draft does not describe the method by which the L2 trigger is

   produced neither does it explicitly describe by what mechanism the L3
   information present in the L2 trigger is acquired.  The Low Latency
   Handoff for MIPv4 relies on availability of the L2 trigger.  However
   relying only on the link information to initiate a handoff does not
   generally gather enough information for the MN to handoff to the most
   suitable available access network.  Information from higher layers
   such as Higher Layer Triggers can be used to command a MN to quickly
   move from one access to another one.  Using Higher Layer Triggers to
   initiate the handoff enables the implementation of policy based
   handoff to garantee load balancing of the wireless networks and
   Quality of Services to the end users.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-antoine-mip4-lowlatency-handoff-triggers-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-antoine-mip4-lowlatency-handoff-triggers-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-antoine-mip4-lowlatency-handoff-triggers-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce