Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: On the applicability of various MIKEY modes and extensions
	Author(s)	: S. Fries, D. Ignjatic
	Filename	: draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-03.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2006-12-4
	
Multimedia Internet Keying - MIKEY - is a key management protocol
   that can be used for real-time applications.  In particular, it has
   been defined focusing on the support of the Secure Real-time
   Transport Protocol.  MIKEY itself defines four key distribution
   methods.  Moreover, it is defined to allow extensions of the
   protocol.  As MIKEY becomes more and more accepted, extensions to the
   base protocol arose, especially in terms of additional key
   distribution methods, but also in terms of payload enhancements.

   This document provides an overview about MIKEY in general as well as
   the existing extensions in MIKEY, which have been defined or are in
   the process of definition.  It is intended as additional source of
   information for developers or architects to provide more insight in
   use case scenarios and motivations as well as advantages and
   disadvantages for the different key distribution schemes.  The use
   cases discussed in this document are strongly related to dedicated
   SIP call scenarios providing challenges for key management in general
   beyond them media before SDP answer, forking, and shared key
   conferencing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-mikey-applicability-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce