Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ladha-sctp-nonce-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: ECN Nonces for Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
	Author(s)	: S. Ladha, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ladha-sctp-nonce-06.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-1-12
	
This document describes the addition of the ECN-nonce RFC 3540 [4] to
   the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) RFC 2960 [3].  The
   ECN-nonce reduces the vulnerability of ECN senders to misbehaving
   receivers that conceal congestion signals like ECN marks and packet
   losses.  The ECN-nonce approach is different in SCTP because SCTP
   uses chunks for extensible protocol features and is selective
   acknowlegement (SACK)-based; this document describes those
   differences.  In particular this document describes (1) protocol
   extensions in the form of a single new parameter for the INIT/
   INIT-ACK chunks, and a single bit flag in the SACK chunk, and (2)
   rules governing the sender and receiver side implementation.

   This document outlines a minimum response that an SCTP sender should
   apply after detecting a misbehaving receiver.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ladha-sctp-nonce-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ladha-sctp-nonce-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ladha-sctp-nonce-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce