Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Crankback Signaling Extensions for MPLS and GMPLS RSVP-TE
	Author(s)	: A. Farrel, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-06.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2007-1-18
	
In a distributed, constraint-based routing environment, the
   information used to compute a path may be out of date. This means
   that Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS
   (GMPLS) Traffic Engineered (TE) Label Switched Path (LSP) setup
   requests may be blocked by links or nodes without sufficient
   resources. Crankback is a scheme whereby setup failure information is
   returned from the point of failure to allow new setup attempts to be
   made avoiding the blocked resources. Crankback can also be applied to
   LSP recovery to indicate the location of the failed link or node.

   This document specifies crankback signaling extensions for use in
   MPLS signaling using RSVP-TE as defined in "RSVP-TE: Extensions to
   RSVP for LSP Tunnels", RFC3209, and GMPLS signaling as defined in
   "Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling
   Functional Description", RFC3473. These extensions mean that the LSP
   setup request can be retried on an alternate path that detours around
   blocked links or nodes. This offers significant improvements in the
   successful setup and recovery ratios for LSPs, especially in
   situations where a large number of setup requests are triggered at
   the same time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce