Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Explicit Multicast (Xcast) Concepts and Options
	Author(s)	: R. Boivie, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-10.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2007-1-26
	
While traditional IP multicast schemes [1112] are scalable for very
   large multicast groups, they have scalability issues with a very
   large number of distinct multicast groups.  This document describes
   Xcast (Explicit Multi-unicast (Xcast)), a new multicast scheme with
   complementary scaling properties: Xcast supports a very large number
   of small multicast sessions.  Xcast achieves this by explicitly
   encoding the list of destinations in the data packets, instead of
   using a multicast group address.

   This document discusses Xcast concepts and options in several areas;
   it does not provide a complete technical specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-10.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce