Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-harper-inband-signalling-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Requirements for In-Band QoS Signalling
	Author(s)	: J. Harper, et al.
	Filename	: draft-harper-inband-signalling-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2007-1-16
	
   This document describes the raionale and requirements for in-band
   signalling of Quality of Service (QoS) characteristics for the
   Internet Protocol (IP) There has been extensive work on QoS for IP,
   leading to the development of RSVP, NSIS and other protocols.  New
   requirements emerging from the use of IP to carry services such as
   video and voice are leading in turn to additional requirements for
   QoS signalling. The authors believe that these can best be met by
   adding in-band signalling to IP, complementing the existing protocols
   for QoS signalling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harper-inband-signalling-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-harper-inband-signalling-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-harper-inband-signalling-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce