Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-davey-iialp-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Iowa Internet Annoyance Logging Protocol (IIALP) pronounced E'-alp
	Author(s)	: G. Davey, et al.
	Filename	: draft-davey-iialp-06.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2007-1-3
	
This draft describes a system by which Internet Annoyances can be
  logged quickly and automatically using IIALP (Iowa Internet Annoyance
  Logging Protocol).  The annoyance logs on a particular IIALP Server
  are condensed and forwarded up the IIALP hierarchy to central Root
  IIALP Servers for central annoyance queries.  Serial numbers and TTL
  values keep the individual reports organized and dated.  One unique
  complaint per IP per epoch period prevents flooding.  Differences
  in detail and propagation parameters exist between Root and
  Subordinate IIALP Servers to allow for more detail to be kept at the
  originating IIALP Server. Standard XML and TCP security techniques,
  and Hierarchy Structure eliminate erroneous reporting.  Routers and 
  software running IIALP can use IIALP to create dynamic QOS
  lists for abusing Internet assets exceeding a set limits. IIALP allows
  for an infinite number of different types of annoyances to exist but
  has concise templates for common annoyances such as SPAM.  IIALP
  is a centralized logging system for Internet annoyance event
  reporting.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-davey-iialp-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-davey-iialp-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-davey-iialp-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce