Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nakhjiri-dime-mip6-nsi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Network Service Identifier for separation of Mobile IPv6 service authorization from Mobile node authentication
	Author(s)	: M. Nakhjiri, C. Wan
	Filename	: draft-nakhjiri-dime-mip6-nsi-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2007-1-19
	
   Dime working group is designing a procedure for bootstrapping Mobile
   IPv6 using Diameter.  In order to reduce the complexity of Diameter
   Mobile IPv6 application, the process of Mobile IPv6 service
   authorization is being separated from the initial mobile node
   authentication.  This This allows for outsourcing the authentication
   process to another application such as Diameter EAP[RFC4072] .  The
   process can have security considerations, if the authorizing server
   does not have a clear assurance that the MN has actually been
   authenticated before, especially if the authorizing server is
   different from the authenticating server.  In this document we
   provide a procedure and number of extensions to Mobile IPv6 and
   Diameter signaling to address those considerations.  Specifically a
   new Network Service Identifier (NSI) is defined to assist the
   interaction between the authorizing and authenticating procedures and
   servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nakhjiri-dime-mip6-nsi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-nakhjiri-dime-mip6-nsi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nakhjiri-dime-mip6-nsi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce