Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-unicode-escapes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: ASCII Escaping of Unicode Characters
	Author(s)	: J. Klensin
	Filename	: draft-klensin-unicode-escapes-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2007-1-18
	
   There are a number of circumstances in which an escape mechanism is
   needed in conjunction with a protocol to encode characters that
   cannot by represented or transmitted directly.  With ASCII coding the
   traditional escape has been either the decimal or hexadecimal offset
   of the character, written in a variety of different ways.  The move
   to Unicode, where characters occupy two or more octets and may be
   coded in several different forms, has further complicated the
   question of escapes.  This document discusses some the options now in
   use and makes a proposal for general use in IETF protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-unicode-escapes-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-klensin-unicode-escapes-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-klensin-unicode-escapes-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages From [email-masked] Thu Jan 18 15:57:26 2007
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:50:01 -0500
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Time Protocol Version 4 Protocol And Algorithms Specification
	Author(s)	: J. Burbank, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt
	Pages		: 116
	Date		: 2007-1-18
	
The Network Time Protocol (NTP) is widely used to synchronize
   computer clocks in the Internet.  This memorandum describes Version 4
   of the NTP (NTPv4), introducing several changes from Version 3 of NTP
   (NTPv3) described in RFC 1305, including the introduction of a
   modified protocol header to accomodate Internet Protocol Version 6.
   NTPv4 also includes optional extensions to the NTPv3
   protocol,including a dynamic server discovery mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your loc(i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce