Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-dbex-opt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF Database Exchange Summary List Optimization
	Author(s)	: R. Ogier
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-dbex-opt-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2007-1-3
	
   This document describes a backward compatible optimization for the
   Database Exchange process in OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.  In this
   optimization, a router does not list an LSA in Database Description
   packets sent to a neighbor, if the same or a more recent instance of
   the LSA was listed in a Database Description packet already received
   from the neighbor.  This optimization reduces Database Description
   overhead by about 50% in large networks.  This optimization does not
   affect synchronization, since it only omits unnecessary information
   from Database Description packets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-dbex-opt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ospf-dbex-opt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-dbex-opt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce