Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Connected Identity in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Elwell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-04.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2007-1-17
	
Because of retargeting of a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) dialog-
   forming request (changing the value of the Request-URI), the User
   Agent Server (UAS) can have a different identity from that in the To
   header field.  This document provides a means for that User Agent
   (UA) to supply its identity to the peer UA by means of a request in
   the reverse direction and for that identity to be signed by an
   Authentication Service.  The same mechanism can be used to indicate a
    change of identity during a dialog, e.g., because of some action in
   the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) behind a gateway.  This
   document normatively updates RFC 3261 (SIP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-connected-identity-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce