Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sheffer-ike-session-resumption-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Stateless Session Resumption for the IKE Protocol
	Author(s)	: Y. Sheffer, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sheffer-ike-session-resumption-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-1-22
	
   The Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) protocol is
   computationally intensive with respect to the number of round-trips
   required and cryptographic operations involved.  In particular the
   Extensible Authentication Protocol is used for authentication, which
   adds additional computational intensity.

   To re-establish security associations (SA) upon a failure recovery
   condition is time comsuming, especially when an IPsec peer, such as a
   VPN gateway, needs to re-establish a large number of SAs with various
   end points.  A high number of concurrent sessions might cause
   additional problems for an IPsec peer during SA restablishment.

   In many failure cases it would be useful to provide an efficient way
   to resume an interrupted IKE/IPsec session.  This document proposes
   an extension to IKEv2 that allows a client to re-establish an IKE SA
   with a gateway in a highly efficient manner, utilizing a previously
   establied IKE SA.

   A client can reconnect to a gateway from which it was disconnected,
   or alternatively migrate to another gateway that is associated with
   the previous one.  The proposed approach conveys IKEv2 state
   information, in the form of an encrypted ticket, to a VPN client that
   is later presented to the VPN gateway for re-authentication.  An
   encrypted ticket cannot be decrypted by a VPN client but allows a VPN
   gateway to restore state for faster session state setup.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sheffer-ike-session-resumption-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sheffer-ike-session-resumption-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sheffer-ike-session-resumption-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce