Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Extensions to GMPLS RSVP Graceful Restart
	Author(s)	: A. Satyanarayana, R. Rahman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-08.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2007-1-29
	
This document describes extensions to the RSVP Graceful Restart
   mechanisms defined in RFC 3473.  The extensions enable the recovery
   of RSVP signaling state based on the Path message last sent by the
   node being restarted.

   Previously defined Graceful Restart mechanisms, also called recovery
   from nodal faults, permit recovery of signaling state from adjacent
   nodes when the data plane has retained the associated forwarding
   state across a restart.  Those mechanisms do not fully support
   signaling state recovery on ingress nodes or recovery of all RSVP
   objects.

   The extensions defined in this document build on the RSVP Hello
   extensions defined in RFC 3209, and extensions for state recovery on
   nodal faults defined in RFC 3473.  Using these extensions the
   restarting node can recover all previously transmitted Path state
   including the Explicit Route Object and the downstream (outgoing)
   interface identifiers.  The extensions can also be used to recover
   signaling state after the restart of an ingress node.

   The extensions optionally support the use of Summary Refresh, defined
   in RFC 2961, to reduce the number of messages exchanged during the
   Recovery Phase when the restarting node has recovered signaling state
   locally for one or more LSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce