Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schmidt-mmusic-media-dependency-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: The SDP (Session Description Protocol) Dependency Attribute
	Author(s)	: C. Schmidt
	Filename	: draft-schmidt-mmusic-media-dependency-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-1-22
	
   The Session Description Protocol (SDP) was intended for describing
   multimedia sessions for the purposes of session announcement, session
   invitation, and other forms of multimedia session initiation.
   Together with Offer/Answer model it defines a mechanism, how two
   entities can reach a common view of a multimedia session between
   them.

   In certain cases, there are dependencies between media streams, for
   example a text stream for subtitling make sense only together with a
   video stream.  To avoid senseless connections, the SDP mechanism can
   be extended with a new Session Description Protocol (SDP) media-level
   attribute: "dependency".  The "dependency" attribute allows the
   offerer to define dependencies of media streams.  The updated offer/
   answer mechanism used with new "dependency" attribute can be used
   furthermore, that in a multi-party SIP session all participants share
   at least one common media type.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmidt-mmusic-media-dependency-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-schmidt-mmusic-media-dependency-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schmidt-mmusic-media-dependency-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce