Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-halpern-forces-lfblibrary-vpn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A VPN Library for use with the ForCES Protocol and Model 
	Author(s)	: J. Halpern, H. Ma
	Filename	: draft-halpern-forces-lfblibrary-vpn-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-1-18
	
   The forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) protocol 
   defines a standard communication and control mechanism through which 
   a Control Element (CE) can control the behavior of a Forwarding 
   Element (FE). That control is accomplished through manipulating 
   attributes of Logical Function Blocks (LFBs), whose structure is 
   defined in a model RFC produced by the working group. In order to 
   build an actual solution based on this protocol, defining a set of 
   Logical Function Block definitions that can be instantiated by FEs 
   and controlled by CEs is welcome. A base library definition of LFBs 
   is already given in library [5]. VPN (Virtual Private Network) 
   services, as a kind of important services widely employed in Internet, 
   will certainly be implemented in routers using this protocol. This 
   document provides an initial set of VPN LFB definitions  in 
   particular, a set of tunnel encapsulator and decapsulator LFBs. It is 
   anticipated that additional VPN-related LFB definitions like L2VPN, 
   L3VPN can be defined over time.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-halpern-forces-lfblibrary-vpn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-halpern-forces-lfblibrary-vpn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-halpern-forces-lfblibrary-vpn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce