Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobility Independent Services: Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: T. Melia, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2007-1-10
	
   There are on-going activities in the networking community to develop
   solutions that aid in IP handover mechanisms between heterogeneous
   wired and wireless access systems including, but not limited to, IEEE
   802.21.  Intelligent access selection, taking into account link layer
   attributes, requires the delivery of a variety of different
   information types to the terminal from different sources within the
   network and vice-versa.  The protocol requirements for this
   signalling have both transport and security issues that must be
   considered.  The signalling must not be constrained to specific link
   types, so there is at least a common component to the signalling
   problem which is within the scope of the IETF.  This draft presents a
   problem statement for this core problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce