Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-niccolini-sipping-spitstop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Signaling TO Prevent SPIT (SPITSTOP) Reference Scenario
	Author(s)	: S. Niccolini, J. Quittek
	Filename	: draft-niccolini-sipping-spitstop-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2007-1-11
	
   This memo discusses the need for standards that support SPam over
   Internet Telephony (SPIT) prevention applications.  After explaining
   the general need for SPIT prevention applications the memo provides a
   reference scenario for potential communication between entities that
   may be involved in SPIT prevention.  Within this scenario the need
   for standardizing communication is analyzed for each pair of
   communicating entities.  The analysis is intended to serve as a
   starting point for discussing the requirements for signaling
   standards, for example, SIP extensions, that support SPIT prevention
   applications.

   This memo is not intended to suggest any solution of SPIT signaling
   issues.  Such work, if necessary at all, would be subject of separate
   follow-up documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-niccolini-sipping-spitstop-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-niccolini-sipping-spitstop-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-niccolini-sipping-spitstop-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce