Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-petithuguenin-sip-outbound-fragmentation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Preventing Fragmentation for Client Initiated Connections in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: M. Petit-Huguenin
	Filename	: draft-petithuguenin-sip-outbound-fragmentation-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-1-4
	
There is cases when a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) client can
   initiate a bidirectional UDP stream or a TCP connection to a SIP
   server but the SIP server cannot do the same in the other direction.
   The server can reuse the existing bidirectional UDP stream or TCP
   connection but cannot use a TCP connection if the client chose to use
   a bidirectional UDP stream.  This document described a method to
   force the client to initiate a TCP connection to the server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petithuguenin-sip-outbound-fragmentation-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-petithuguenin-sip-outbound-fragmentation-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-petithuguenin-sip-outbound-fragmentation-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce