Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bryan-p2psip-dsip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: dSIP: A P2P Approach to SIP Registration and Resource Location
	Author(s)	: D. Bryan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-bryan-p2psip-dsip-00.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 2007-2-27
	
   This document outlines the motivation, requirements, and
   architectural design for a distributed Session Initiation Protocol
   (dSIP). dSIP is a Peer-to-Peer (P2P) based approach for SIP
   registration and resource discovery using distributed hash tables
   maintained with SIP messages.  This design removes the need for
   central servers from SIP, while offering full backward compatibility
   with SIP, allowing reuse of existing clients, and allowing P2P
   enabled peers to communicate with conventional SIP entities.  A basic
   introduction to the concepts of P2P is presented, backward
   compatibility issues addressed, and security considerations are
   discussed.

   dSIP is one possible implementation of the protocols being discussed
   for creation in the P2PSIP WG.  In the context of the work being
   proposed, this draft represents a concrete proposal for the P2PSIP
   Peer Protocol, using SIP with extensions as the underlying protocol.
   In this architecture, no P2PSIP Client Protocol is needed, rather
   unmodified SIP is used for access by non-peers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryan-p2psip-dsip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bryan-p2psip-dsip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bryan-p2psip-dsip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce