Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opes-smtp-security-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Pluggable Edge Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Integrity, privacy and security in OPES for SMTP
	Author(s)	: M. Stecher
	Filename	: draft-ietf-opes-smtp-security-03.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2007-2-7
	
The Open Pluggable Edge Services (OPES) framework is application
   agnostic.  Application specific adaptations extend that framework.
   Previous work has focused on HTTP and work for SMTP is in progress.
   These protocols differ fundamentally in the way data flows and it
   turns out that existing OPES requirements and IAB considerations for
   OPES need to be reviewed with regards to how well they fit for SMTP
   adaptation.  This document analyzes aspects about the integrity of
   SMTP and mail message adaptation by OPES systems and privacy and
   security issues when the OPES framework is adapted to SMTP and lists
   requirements that must be considered when creating the "SMTP
   adaptation with OPES" document.

   The intent of this document is to capture this information before the
   current OPES working group shuts down.  This is to provide input for
   subsequent working groups or individual contributors that may pick up
   the OPES/SMTP work at a later date.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opes-smtp-security-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-opes-smtp-security-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opes-smtp-security-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce