Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-iwout-report-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:50:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Report from the IAB workshop on Unwanted Traffic March 9-10, 2006
	Author(s)	: L. Andersson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-iab-iwout-report-03.txt
	Pages		: 50
	Date		: 2007-2-13
	
This document reports the outcome of a workshop held by the Internet
   Architecture Board (IAB) on Unwanted Internet Traffic.  The workshop
   was held on March 9-10, 2006 at USC/ISI in Marina del Rey, CA, USA.
   The primary goal of the workshop was to foster interchange between
   the operator, standards, and research communities on the topic of
   unwanted traffic, as manifested in, for example, Distributed Denial
   of Service (DDoS) attacks, spam, and phishing, to gain understandings
   on the ultimate sources of these unwanted traffic, and to assess
   their impact and the effectiveness of existing solutions.  It was
   also a goal of the workshop to identify engineering and research
   topics that could be undertaken by the IAB, the IETF, the IRTF, and
   the network research and development community at large to develop
   effective countermeasures against the unwanted traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-iwout-report-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-iab-iwout-report-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iab-iwout-report-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce