Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-worley-redundancy-response-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Classifying Response Codes to Support Multiple Path Routing in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: D. Worley
	Filename	: draft-worley-redundancy-response-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2007-2-21
	
   An increasing number of SIP architectures implement multiple path
   routing (MPR), which is the providing of more than one path for a
   call to reach a destination user agent (UA).  To implement MPR well,
   the proxy which forks a request onto the paths needs to be able to
   determine if a fork that failed reached the destination UA and was
   rejected by the UA (and so an alternate path should not be tried), or
   if the fork failed before reaching the UA (and so an alternate path
   should be attempted).  In order that the proxy can distinguish these
   two situations, response codes should unambiguously identify which of
   these situations applies.  This Internet-Draft begins classifying the
   current usage of response codes, their implications for MPR, and
   possible improvements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-worley-redundancy-response-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-worley-redundancy-response-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-worley-redundancy-response-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce