Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-franceschini-avt-bwmetrics-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Bandwidth Metrics 
	Author(s)	: G. Franceschini
	Filename	: draft-franceschini-avt-bwmetrics-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2007-2-14
	
   When delivering audio and video data through low capacity links, it 
   is important to optimally exploit the limited resources in order to 
   provide the best possible user experience. QoS aspects in this 
   respect might relate to the pure audio and video quality, as well as 
   to delay and lip-sync. The actual weights of the different QoS 
   aspects depend on the service being offered, and are out of the scope 
   of this document. 
   In order to optimally exploit the limited resources, it is necessary 
   to get a reasonable precise measurement of them. This document 
   proposes metrics to address this problem. 

   This document, in this initial draft, focuses only on the semantic 
   aspects, leaving out the syntactical details. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-franceschini-avt-bwmetrics-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-franceschini-avt-bwmetrics-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-franceschini-avt-bwmetrics-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce