Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: An IPv6 Prefix for Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash Identifiers (ORCHID)
	Author(s)	: P. Nikander, et al.
	Filename	: draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-07.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-2-14
	
This document introduces Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash
   Identifiers (ORCHID) as a new, experimental class of IPv6-address-
   like identifiers.  These identifiers are intended to be used as end-
   point identifiers at applications and Application Programming

   Interfaces (API) and not as identifiers for network location at the
   IP layer, i.e., locators.  They are designed to appear as application
   layer entities and at the existing IPv6 APIs, but they should not
   appear in actual IPv6 headers.  To make them more like vanilla IPv6
   addresses, they are expected to be routable at an overlay level.
   Consequently, while they are considered as non-routable addresses
   from the IPv6 layer point of view, all existing IPv6 applications are
   expected to be able to use them in a manner compatible with current
   IPv6 addresses.

   This document requests IANA to allocate a temporary prefix out of the
   IPv6 addressing space for Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash
   Identifiers.  By default, the prefix will be returned to IANA in
   2027, continued use requiring IETF consensus.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce