Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-babiarz-pcn-explicit-marking-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Explicit PCN Marking
	Author(s)	: J. Babiarz, et al.
	Filename	: draft-babiarz-pcn-explicit-marking-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2007-2-26
	
   In this document, we propose to the PCN WG for review, discussion and
   evaluation of a method for marking real-time packets to indicate that
   removal (preemption) of excess real-time traffic from the network is
   needed.  First, we define the marking behavior in the interior node
   followed with a brief description of how this marking would work in
   the edge-to-edge and application-control deployment models with
   simulations results for different conditions and traffic mixes.
   Then, we discuss the simulation results for voice, both constant rate
   and variable rate with silence suppression, and variable rate MPEG-4
   like video traffic with large and small number of flows at the
   congestion point.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-babiarz-pcn-explicit-marking-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-babiarz-pcn-explicit-marking-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-babiarz-pcn-explicit-marking-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce