Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-salahuddin-bmwg-bfd-motivation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Motivation for Benchmarking BFD Protocol Implementations 
	Author(s)	: E. Salahuddin, J. Karthik
	Filename	: draft-salahuddin-bmwg-bfd-motivation-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2007-2-28
	
        This  document  describes  the  motivation  for  benchmarking  the 
        Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) protocol. The BFD protocol 
        is a relatively new protocol intended to detect failures in the 
        bidirectional path between two network elements, with potentially 
        very  low  latency  [BFD,  BFD-GEN].  The  BFD  protocol  is  being 
        implemented by several vendors and is being deployed extensively by 
        the  service  providers.  Hence,  it  is  imperative  that  common 
        understanding  is  established  for  performance  and  conformance 
        benchmarks as well as interoperability.  This draft seeks to generate 
        interest on this topic in the working group. If there is sufficient 
        interest on this topic, drafts that address the Methodology and 
        Terminology for the BFD protocol could be proposed; before BMWG could 
        make this an official working group item. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salahuddin-bmwg-bfd-motivation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-salahuddin-bmwg-bfd-motivation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-salahuddin-bmwg-bfd-motivation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce