Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A TCP Test to Allow Senders to Identify Receiver Cheating
	Author(s)	: T. Moncaster, et al.
	Filename	: draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2007-2-21
	
   The honesty of TCP senders and receivers has become a major concern
   to the Internet community.  Currently, TCP senders rely on receiver
   honesty so they can correctly react to network congestion.  Such
   honesty cannot be taken for granted.  Receivers may conceal dropped
   packets to prevent their flow being subject to a congestion response
   or may acknowledge data optimistically to get a higher bandwidth.
   This document introduces a simple two-stage test of receiver honesty.
   Once a receiver fails the first stage it can be subjected to the
   second stage test that conclusively proves cheating.  The performance
   hit of the first stage is very slight compared to the second.  So,
   although the first stage is not decisive, it selects which receivers
   are acting suspiciously enough to warrant the second stage.  This
   specification does not modify the TCP protocol - the tests only
   require a change to sender implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moncaster-tcpm-rcv-cheat-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce