Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xu-cops-push-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Modification to COPS to Improve Implementation of Push Mode
	Author(s)	: H. Xu, et al.
	Filename	: draft-xu-cops-push-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-2-16
	
   COPS (RFC 2748) was originally designed for pull mode operation.  The
   message exchanges for pull mode are efficient and support a close
   relationship between the protocol operations and state associated
   with particular events detected at the Policy Enforcement Point
   (PEP).  The operation of push mode, as defined in COPS-PR (RFC 3084),
   is more awkward.  Push mode involves extra messaging between the PEP
   and the Policy Decision Point (PDP) if one again wants to associate
   state arising from specific events (this time detected at the PDP)
   with specific protocol operations.

   This memo proposes to modify RFC 2748 to make push mode operation
   more efficient.  Comments are invited on whether there are issues
   with the proposed solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-cops-push-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-xu-cops-push-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xu-cops-push-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MFrom [email-masked] Fri Feb 16 16:03:07 2007
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-16ng-ps-goals-01.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IP over 802.16 Problem Statement and Goals
	Author(s)	: J. Jee, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-16ng-ps-goals-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2007-2-16
	
This document specifies problems in running the IETF IP protocols
   over IEEE 802.16 networks by identifying specific gaps in the 802.16
   MAC for IPv4 and IPv6 support.  This document also provides an
   overview of IEEE 802.16 network characteristics and convergence
   sublayers.  The common terminology to be used for the base guideline
   while defining the solution frameworks is also presented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ps-goals-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-16ng-ps-goals-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ps-goals-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the AIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce