Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vidya-ip-mobility-multihoming-interactions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IP Mobility and Multi-homing Interactions and Architectural Considerations
	Author(s)	: V. Narayanan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-vidya-ip-mobility-multihoming-interactions-00.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2007-2-27
	
   A number of protocols have been defined at the IETF to handle IP
   mobility and multi-homing - each of the defined protocols satisfies a
   different set of requirements - however, there is an overlap on some
   of the requirements and features among many of these protocols.  In
   practice, a combination of the protocols are likely to be deployed in
   a system.  There are various such combinations plausible, but some
   combinations are more realistic than others.  This document analyzes
   the overall mobility and multi-homing architecture and highlights
   some key points to consider while deploying an architecture
   consisting of one or more of these protocols.  The protocols
   considered in scope for this document include Mobile IPv4 (MIPv4),
   Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6), Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 (HMIPv6), Fast Mobile
   IPv6 (FMIPv6), Network-based Local Mobility Management (NetLMM),
   MOBIKE, Host Identity Protocol (HIP), and Shim6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vidya-ip-mobility-multihoming-interactions-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-vidya-ip-mobility-multihoming-interactions-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vidya-ip-mobility-multihoming-interactions-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce