Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pettersen-cache-context-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A context mechanism for controlling caching of HTTP responses
	Author(s)	: Y. Pettersen
	Filename	: draft-pettersen-cache-context-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-2-28
	
   A common problem for sensitive web services is informing the client,
   in a reliable fashion, when a password protected resource is no
   longer valid because the user is logged out of the service.  This is,
   in particular, considered a potential security problem by some
   sensitive services, such as online banking, when the user navigates
   the client's history list, which is supposed to display the resource
   as it was when it was loaded, not as it is at some later point in
   time.

   This document presents a method for collecting such sensitive
   resources into a group, a Cache Context, which permits the server to
   invalidate all the resources belonging in the group either by direct
   action, or according to some expiration policy.  The context can be
   configured to invalidate not just the resources, but also specific
   cookies, HTTP authentication credentials and HTTP over TLS session
   information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-cache-context-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-pettersen-cache-context-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-cache-context-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce