Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cordell-lumas-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Lumas - Language for Universal Message Abstraction and Specification
	Author(s)	: P. Cordell
	Filename	: draft-cordell-lumas-05.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 2007-2-2
	
A number of methods and tools are available for defining the format
   of messages used for application protocols.  However, many of these
   methods and tools have been designed for purposes other than message
   definition, and have been adopted on the basis that they are
   available rather than being ideally suited to the task.  This often
   means that the methods make it difficult to get definitions correct,
   or result in unnecessary complexity and verbosity both in the
   definition and on the wire.

   Lumas - Language for Universal Message Abstraction and Specification
   - has been custom designed for the purpose of message definition.  It
   is thus easy to specify messages in a compact, extensible format that
   is readily machine manipulated to produce a compact encoding on the
   wire.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cordell-lumas-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-cordell-lumas-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cordell-lumas-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce