Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IRI recognition in Applications
	Author(s)	: Y. Yoneya
	Filename	: draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2007-2-27
	
   Nowadays access to the Internet is a part of daily life.  Users see
   URIs written in various ways on various media, recognize them as "the
   Internet Addresses", and use them to access to the Internet.  Many
   application programs recognize URIs automatically and make links to
   them, so the users can access to the URIs very easily.  But, at this
   moment, most of application programs can't recognize
   Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) and Internationalized URI (IRI)
   correctly, so users will feel stress when using IDNs and IRIs.

   Utilization of the IDNs and the IRIs are getting higher.  Therefore,
   improvement of the application programs are highly recommended.  This
   document is intended to be an application developpers' guideline for
   recognizing and corresponding to IDNs/IRIs correctly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce