Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nikander-ram-pash-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Proxying Approach to SHIM6 and HIP (PASH)
	Author(s)	: P. Nikander, K. Slavov
	Filename	: draft-nikander-ram-pash-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-2-28
	
   This document describes an incremental, network-based method for
   deploying SHIM6 or HIP based identifier / locator separation, called
   Proxying Approach to SHIM6 and HIP (PASH).  This mechanism requires
   no changes to host stacks and, when deployed with routable Endpoint
   IDentifiers (EID), no changes to existing database infrastructures.
   The proposed protocol can be implemented in a relatively small number
   of routers, and deployed independently by ISPs.  At the same time, it
   allows the network to gradually evolve towards full, host-based SHIM6   and/or HIP support, thereby making possible the larger architectural
   benefits that the network-based "jack-up" approaches provide.

   This proposal has been on the mental roadmaps within the HIP
   community for a number of years, but is properly documented only now
   as a result of the problem statement effort at the Amsterdam IAB
   Routing and Addressing Workshop (RAWS).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nikander-ram-pash-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-nikander-ram-pash-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nikander-ram-pash-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce