Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-froment-sip-record-route-fix-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Addressing Record-Route issues in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: T. Froment, C. Lebel
	Filename	: draft-froment-sip-record-route-fix-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2007-2-26
	
   A typical function of a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Proxy is to
   set a Record-Route header on initial requests in order to make
   subsequent requests pass through it.  This header contains a SIP
   Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) indicating where and how the
   subsequent requests should be sent to reach the proxy.  Like any SIP
   URI, it can contain sip or sips schemes, IPV4 or IPV6 addresses, and
   URI parameters that could influence the routing like different
   transport parameters (UDP, TCP, SCTP...), or a compression indication
   like "comp=sigcomp".  When a proxy has to change some of those
   parameters between its incoming and outgoing interfaces (multi-homed
   proxies, transport switching, sip to sips or IPV4 to IPV6
   scenarios...), the question arises on what should be put in Record-
   Route: it is just not possible to make one header having the
   characteristics of both sides at the same time.  This document aims
   to clarify these scenarios and fix bugs already identified on this
   topic; it formally suggests the use of the double Record-Route
   technique as a replacement to the current RFC3261 text, which only
   describes Record-Route rewriting solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-froment-sip-record-route-fix-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-froment-sip-record-route-fix-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
hFrom [email-masked] Mon Feb 26 16:06:00 2007
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-19.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Message Session Relay Protocol
	Author(s)	: B. Campbell, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-19.txt
	Pages		: 62
	Date		: 2007-2-26
	
This document describes the Message Session Relay Protocol, a
   protocol for transmitting a series of related instant messages in the
   context of a session.  Message sessions are treated like any other
   media stream when set up via a rendezvous or session creation
   protocol such as the Session Initiation Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-19.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-19.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-19.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically rFrom [email-masked] Mon Feb 26 16:06:15 2007
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-hmac-sha-01.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IS-IS HMAC SHA Cryptographic Authentication
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-hmac-sha-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2007-2-26
	
This document proposes an extension to IS-IS to allow the use of any 
   cryptographic authentication algorithm in addition to the already 
   documented authentication schemes, described in the base    
   specification and RFC 3567.   
        
   Although this document has been written specifically for using MAC 
   construct along with the SHA family of cryptographic hash functions, 
   the method described in this document is generic and can be used to 
   extend IS-IS to support any cryptographic hash function in the 
   future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-hmac-sha-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-isis-hmac-sha-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-hmac-sha-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to maFrom [email-masked] Mon Feb 26 16:06:24 2007
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-worley-6xx-considered-harmful-00.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: 6xx-Class Responses Considered Harmful in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: D. Worley
	Filename	: draft-worley-6xx-considered-harmful-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2007-2-26

   The specification of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) permits a
   user agent (UA) that receives a call to generate a response in the
   "6xx class" that not only rejects the call but also requires the
   termination of all attempts to route the call to alternative
   destinations.  As the call may have reached the UA through multiple
   forwardings whose meanings cannot be known by the UA, the global
   termination of alternative routing can only rarely be correctly
   requested by the UA.  Because such responses are almost never
   appropriate, ability of a UA to generate such responses is harmful,
   and all 6xx class responses should be replaced with 4xx class
   responses with similar meanings.  However, there is no 4xx class
   response similar to "603 Decline", and so one needs to be created.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-worley-6xx-considered-harmful-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-worley-6xx-considered-harmful-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-worley-6xx-considered-harmful-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the comFrom [email-masked] Mon Feb 26 16:06:18 2007
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-02.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Considerations for the use of DNS Reverse Mapping
	Author(s)	: D. Senie, A. Sullivan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-02.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2007-2-26
	
Mapping of addresses to names is a feature of DNS.  Many sites
   implement it, many others do not.  Some applications attempt to use
   it as a part of a security strategy.  This document outlines what
   should be taken into account when deciding whether to implement
   reverse mappings of addresses to names, and recommends that site
   administrators implement reverse mappings if there are no strong
   considerations against such mappings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check yFrom [email-masked] Mon Feb 26 16:08:21 2007
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:50:03 -0500
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-roca-rmt-newfcast-00.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: FCAST: Scalable Object Delivery on top of the ALC Protocol
	Author(s)	: V. Roca
	Filename	: draft-roca-rmt-newfcast-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-2-26
	
   This document introduces the FCAST object (e.g. file) delivery
   application on top of the ALC reliable multicast protocols.  FCAST is
   a highly scalable application that provides a reliable object
   delivery service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roca-rmt-newfcast-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-roca-rmt-newfcast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-roca-rmt-newfcast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: BGP/MPLS Traffic Blackhole Avoidance 
	Author(s)	: R. Asati, et al.
	Filename	: draft-asati-bgp-mpls-blackhole-avoidance-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2007-2-26
	
   In any BGP based MPLS network such as MPLS VPN [RFC4364], an ingress 
   PE router would continue to attract traffic from the CE router by 
   advertising the prefix reachability, even though the Label Switched 
   Path (LSP) from the ingress PE router to the egress PE router may be 
   broken. This causes the VPN traffic to be dropped inside the MPLS VPN 
   network.  

   This document proposes a framework to make BGP consider the MPLS path 
   availability to the "NEXT_HOP" (i.e. egress PE router) during the BGP 
   bestpath candidate selection process. This document also defines a 
   local database for storing the MPLS path health information for one 
   or more IP prefixes and its interaction with BGP. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-asati-bgp-mpls-blackhole-avoidance-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-asati-bgp-mpls-blackhole-avoidance-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-asati-bgp-mpls-blackhole-avoidance-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MFrom [email-masked] Mon Feb 26 16:09:11 2007
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nystrom-keyprov-ct-kip-two-pass-00.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Extensions to CT-KIP to support one- and two-pass key initialization
	Author(s)	: M. Nystroem, S. Machani
	Filename	: draft-nystrom-keyprov-ct-kip-two-pass-00.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2007-2-26

   This document describes extensions to the Cryptographic Token Key
   Initialization Protocol (CT-KIP) to support one-pass (i.e. one
   message) and two-pass (i.e. one round-trip) cryptographic token key
   initialization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nystrom-keyprov-ct-kip-two-pass-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-nystrom-keyprov-ct-kip-two-pass-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nystrom-keyprov-ct-kip-two-pass-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Performance Evaluation of EF-ADMIT
	Author(s)	: J. Gunn, et al.
	Filename	: draft-gunn-tsvwg-ef-admit-evaluation-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2007-2-26

   A new Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP), EF-ADMIT, has been 
   recommended for a class of real-time traffic conforming to the 
   Expedited Forwarding (EF) Per Hop Behavior (PHB) and admitted using a 
   strong Call Admission Control (CAC) procedure incorporating capacity 
   assurance, as compared to a class of real-time traffic conforming to 
   the EF PHB but not subject to strong CAC.  This document presents 
   modeling results demonstrating that EF-ADMIT traffic will experience 
   low packet drop rates even when lack of strong CAC results in EF 
   traffic experiencing high packet drop rates.  The modeling shows the
   performance benefit is material at low to medium network access 
   speeds (e.g., 256 Kb/s to 1.5 Mb/s), but relatively inconsequential 
   at high access speeds (e.g., 45 Mb/s) and, by inference, backbone 
   speeds (100Mb/s and higher) where more bandwidth headroom is assumed.  
   Furthermore, mixing relatively long packets (e.g., 1500 byte video 
   packets) with relatively short packets (e.g., 200 byte voice packets) 
   in EF PHB causes significant degradation to short packet performance
   at low to medium access speeds.  Finally, the results show that 
   implementation can be effective utilizing either one queue with 
   combined EF and EF-ADMIT flows, or two queues with one forEF-ADMIT 
   flows and one for EF flows, with the choice of approach mostly a 
   matter of policy.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gunn-tsvwg-ef-admit-evaluation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a passwordFrom [email-masked] Mon Feb 26 16:06:32 2007
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:50:03 -0500
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-hcoipsec-04.txt 
Reply-To: [email-masked]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Integration of Header Compression over IPsec Security Associations
	Author(s)	: E. Ertekin, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rohc-hcoipsec-04.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-2-26
	
IP Security (IPsec) [IPSEC] provides various security services for IP
   traffic.  However, the benefits of IPsec come at the cost of
   increased overhead.  This document outlines a framework for
   integrating Header Compression (HC) over IPsec (HCoIPsec).  By
   compressing the inner headers of IP packets, HCoIPsec proposes to
   reduce the amount of overhead associated with the transmission of
   traffic over IPsec Security Associations (SAs).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-hcoipsec-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-rohc-hcoipsec-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-hcoipsec-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a IME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce