Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-notify-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Sieve Extension: Notifications
	Author(s)	: A. Melnikov, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sieve-notify-06.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2007-2-1
	
Users go to great lengths to be notified as quickly as possible that
   they have received new mail.  Most of these methods involve polling
   to check for new messages periodically.  A push method handled by the
   final delivery agent gives users quicker notifications and saves
   server resources.  This document does not specify the notification
   method but it is expected that using existing instant messaging
   infrastructure such as XMPP, or SMS messages will be popular.  This
   draft describes an extension to the Sieve mail filtering language
   that allows users to give specific rules for how and when
   notifications should be sent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-notify-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-sieve-notify-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-notify-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce