Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dondeti-ipsec-failover-sol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPsec Gateway Failover and Redundancy Protocol
	Author(s)	: L. Dondeti, V. Narayanan
	Filename	: draft-dondeti-ipsec-failover-sol-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2007-2-27
	
   IPsec gateways and servers maintaining SAs with large number of
   clients can quickly recover from failover using the protocols and
   procedures specified in this document.  These techniques also
   facilitate IPsec clients to move from one gateway to another and
   resume operation without having to rerun IKEv2.  The idea is to
   maintain IKEv2 and IPsec SA state at either the client or one or more
   backup servers to reduce the communication and computation overhead
   associated with reestablishing the SAs from scratch.  Client to
   server SA state storage retrieval mechanisms and client-initiated or
   server-initiated failover recovery protocols are specified.  This
   document, however, does not define an inter-gateway transport
   mechanism to transfer the state across entities at the backend.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dondeti-ipsec-failover-sol-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-dondeti-ipsec-failover-sol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dondeti-ipsec-failover-sol-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce