Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:50:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Pre-Congestion Notification Using Single Marking for Admission and Pre-emption
	Author(s)	: A. Charny, et al.
	Filename	: draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-01.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2007-3-6
	
Pre-Congestion Notification [I-D.briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture]
   approach proposes the use of an Admission Control mechanism to limit
   the amount of real-time PCN traffic to a configured level during the
   normal operating conditions, and the use of a Pre-emption mechanism
   to tear-down some of the flows to bring the PCN traffic level down to
   a desirable amount during unexpected events such as network failures,
   with the goal of maintaining the QoS assurances to the remaining
   flows.  In [I-D.briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture], Admission and Pre-
   emption use two different markings and two different metering
   mechanisms in the internal nodes of the PCN region.  This draft
   proposes a mechanism using a single marking and metering for both
   Admission and Pre-emption, and presents a preliminary analysis of the
   tradeoffs.  A side-effect of this proposal that a different marking
   and metering Admission mechanism than that proposed
   in[I-D.briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture] may be also feasible.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-charny-pcn-single-marking-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce