Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zangrilli-p2psip-whysip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Why SIP should be used for encoding the P2PSIP Peer Protocol.
	Author(s)	: M. Zangrilli, B. Lowekamp
	Filename	: draft-zangrilli-p2psip-whysip-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2007-3-19
	
   The P2PSIP working group's charter charges the group to define a
   P2PSIP peer protocol that defines how peers "collectively provide for
   user and resource location in a SIP environment with no or minimal
   centralized servers."  The charter also states that the group may
   define a peer protocol that is syntactically based on SIP.  This
   document outlines the motivation and merits of using conventional SIP
   messages as the syntax to encode the P2PSIP peer protocol and
   discusses arguments made against this design decision.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zangrilli-p2psip-whysip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-zangrilli-p2psip-whysip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zangrilli-p2psip-whysip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce