Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-paulkandasamy-mobileip-nai-based-home-addres-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 15:50:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv4 NAI-based Home Address Assignment
	Author(s)	: N. PaulKandasamy, K. Leung
	Filename	: draft-paulkandasamy-mobileip-nai-based-home-addres-02.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2007-3-8
	
AAA servers are in use within the Internet today to provide
   authentication and authorization services for dial-up computers.
   Such services are likely to be equally valuable for mobile nodes
   using Mobile IP when the nodes are attempting to connect to foreign
   domains with AAA servers.  AAA servers today identify clients by
   using the Network Access Identifier (NAI).  Our proposal defines a
   way for the mobile node to identify itself, by including the NAI
   along with the Mobile IP Registration Request.  This memo also

   updates RFC 2290 which specifies the Mobile-IPv4 Configuration option
   for IPCP, by allowing the Mobile Node's Home Address field of this
   option to be zero and specifying a comprehensive procedure for
   achieving a NAI-based home address assignment and more particularly,
   the Home Agent and Mobile Node behaviors including the error recovery
   mechanisms for various scenarios related to NAI-based home address
   assignment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-paulkandasamy-mobileip-nai-based-home-addres-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-paulkandasamy-mobileip-nai-based-home-addres-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-paulkandasamy-mobileip-nai-based-home-addres-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce