Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:50:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Simple SIP Usage Scenario for Applications in the Endpoints
	Author(s)	: A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2007-3-2
	
This memo discusses the usage scenario of SIP where all the 
   applications reside in the endpoints. This is an alternative to the 
   current usage of SIP where the services reside in the network.  
   The use of SIP where the applications reside in the endpoints is 
   applicable to P2P SIP networks and also to client-server networks. 

   Such an approach reduces the number of required SIP related standards 
   (as by spring 2007) from roughly 100 to about 11. 

   Successful IP communications must also include the relevant      
   standards for NAT traversal, some of which are not directly      
   related to SIP and also several standards for security. These      
   standards are included in the simple usage scenario for SIP as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce