Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-isis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for IS-IS
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia, V. Manral
	Filename	: draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-isis-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2007-3-1
	
IS-IS currently defines two different kinds of authentication 
   schemes: Clear Text password and HMAC-MD5. There has been recently a 
   new draft submitted that adds support for a generic cryptographic 
   authentication scheme, which can make use of different cryptographic 
   algorithms in order to authenticate the IS-IS PDUs.  
    
   To ensure interoperability between disparate implementations, it is 
   imperative that we specify a set of mandatory-to-implement algorithms 
   to ensure that there is at least one algorithm that all 
   implementations will have available.   
    
   This document defines the current set of mandatory-to-implement 
   algorithms to be used for the cryptographic authentication for IS-IS    as well as specifying the algorithms that should be implemented 
   because they may be promoted to mandatory at some future time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-isis-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-isis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-isis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce