Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-taniuchi-netlmm-mpa-proxymipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:50:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Media Independent Pre-authentication supporting fast-handoff in PMIPv6
	Author(s)	: K. Taniuchi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-taniuchi-netlmm-mpa-proxymipv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2007-3-1
	
   This document describes a proactive mechanism to provide fast-
   handover involving PMIPv6.  In particular, it describes how one can
   achieve fast handoff for PMIPv6 using Media-independent Pre-
   Authentication (MPA) technique.  It discusses the need for a fast-
   handoff for PMIPv6 environment.  It then describes how MPA techniques
   could be used during different steps involving both intra-domain and
   inter-domain handoff for PMIPv6.  MPA-based fast-handover takes
   advantage of the pre-authentication mechanism so that the mobile can
   perform the access authentication while in the previous local
   mobility (PMA) domain and thus would be able to complete many of the
   handoff related operations while still in the previous network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taniuchi-netlmm-mpa-proxymipv6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-taniuchi-netlmm-mpa-proxymipv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-taniuchi-netlmm-mpa-proxymipv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce