Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rhee-tcp-cubic-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Networks
	Author(s)	: I. Rhee, et al.
	Filename	: draft-rhee-tcp-cubic-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 2007-3-1
	
   CUBIC is an extension to the current TCP standards.  The protocol
   differs from the current TCP standards only in the congestion window
   adjustment function in the sender side.  In particular, it uses a
   cubic function instead of a linear window increase of the current TCP
   standards to improve scalability and stability under fast and long
   distance networks.  BIC-TCP, a predecessor of CUBIC, has been a
   default TCP adopted by Linux since year 2005 and has already been
   deployed globally and in use for several years by the Internet
   community at large.  CUBIC is using a similar window growth function
   as BIC-TCP and is designed to be less aggressive and fairer to TCP in
   bandwidth usage than BIC-TCP while maintaining the strengths of BIC-
   TCP such as stability, window scalability and RTT fairness.  Through
   extensive testing in various Internet scenarios, we believe that
   CUBIC is safe for deployment and testing in the global Internet.  The
   intent of this document is to provide the protocol specification of
   CUBIC for a third party implementation and solicit the community
   feedback through experimentation on the performance of CUBIC.  We
   expect this document to be eventually published as an experimental
   RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rhee-tcp-cubic-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-rhee-tcp-cubic-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rhee-tcp-cubic-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce