Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-josefsson-password-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A Password-based Authentication Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Josefsson
	Filename	: draft-josefsson-password-auth-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2007-3-28
	
   There is a lack of a simple, standardized, secure and modern
   password-based mechanism for user authentication in application
   protocols.  This document specify a challenge/response protocol that
   provide password-based authentication services.  We describe how the
   protocol may be used as a GSS-API mechanism and, using the GS2
   framework, how it may be used as a SASL mechanism.  The protocol
   supports HMAC-SHA-256 as the mandatory to implement algorithm, and it
   supports channel bindings.  The intended use is by application
   protocol that today use CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5 via SASL, or by GSS-
   API applications that needs a password based method.  The protocol is
   applicable to other environments, such as EAP, should the need arise.

   See <http://josefsson.org/password/> for more information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-password-auth-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-josefsson-password-auth-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-password-auth-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce