Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ogier-manet-ospf-extension-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:50:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: MANET Extension of OSPF using CDS Flooding
	Author(s)	: P. Spagnolo, R. Ogier
	Filename	: draft-ogier-manet-ospf-extension-09.txt
	Pages		: 59
	Date		: 2007-3-5
	
This document specifies an extension of OSPF for IPv6 to support
   mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs).  The extension, called OSPF-MDR, is
   designed as a new OSPF interface type for MANETs.  OSPF-MDR is based
   on the selection of a subset of MANET routers, consisting of MANET
   Designated Routers (MDRs) and Backup MDRs. The MDRs form a connected
   dominating set (CDS), and the MDRs and Backup MDRs together form a
   biconnected CDS for robustness.  This CDS is exploited in two ways.
   First, to reduce flooding overhead, an optimized flooding procedure
   is used in which only (Backup) MDRs flood new LSAs back out the
   receiving interface; reliable flooding is ensured by retransmitting
   LSAs along adjacencies.  Second, adjacencies are formed only between
   (Backup) MDRs and a subset of their neighbors, allowing for much
   better scaling in dense networks.  The CDS is constructed using 2-hop
   neighbor information provided in a Hello protocol extension.  The
   Hello protocol is further optimized by allowing differential Hellos
   that report only changes in neighbor states.  Options are specified
   for originating router-LSAs that provide full or partial topology
   information, allowing overhead to be reduced by advertising less
   topology information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ogier-manet-ospf-extension-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ogier-manet-ospf-extension-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ogier-manet-ospf-extension-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce