Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sarikaya-16ng-prefix-delegation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Using DHCPv6 and AAA Server for Mobile Station Prefix Delegation
	Author(s)	: B. Sarikaya, F. Xia
	Filename	: draft-sarikaya-16ng-prefix-delegation-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2007-3-6
	
In the 802.16 Per-MS prefix model, one prefix can only be assigned to
   one mobile station by an access router and different mobile stations
   can't share a prefix.  Managing Per-MS prefixes is likely to increase
   the processing load at the access router.  Based on the idea that
   DHCPv6 servers can manage prefixes as well as addresses, we propose a
   new technique in which the access router offloads delegation and
   release tasks of the prefixes to an DHCPv6 server.  The access router
   first requests a prefix for an incoming mobile station to the DHCPv6
   server.  The access router next advertises the prefix information to
   the mobile station with a Router Advertisement message.  When the
   mobile station leaves, the prefix is returned to the DHCPv6 server.
   We also describe how prefix delegation can be done by AAA servers as
   an alternative technique.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-16ng-prefix-delegation-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sarikaya-16ng-prefix-delegation-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-16ng-prefix-delegation-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce