Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 15:50:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: NEMO Route Optimisation Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: T. Clausen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2007-3-8
	
The NEMO basic support specification is not limited to a single level
   of mobile networks attaching to the stationary Internet.  Rather,
   arbitrary levels of nested mobile networks are supported, employing
   for each level of nesting the same attachment, encapsulation and
   tunnelling mechanisms.  With arbitrarily deep nested mobile networks,
   paths taken by data traffic can be extremely sub-optimal both inside
   the nested topology through successive mobile routers, and outside
   the nested topology, through successive Home Agents over the
   Internet.  Moreover, the overhead incurred through tunnelling and
   encapsulation of data traffic can become prohibitively large.  This
   document analyses the scenarios in which these problems are
   particularly acute.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-clausen-nemo-ro-problem-statement-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce