Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-martinbeckman-ietf-ipv6-amp-ipv6hcamp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Header Compression via Addressing Mitigation Protocol (IPv6 AMP)
	Author(s)	: M. Beckman
	Filename	: draft-martinbeckman-ietf-ipv6-amp-ipv6hcamp-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2007-3-9
	
This document outlines a methodology for IPv6 Header Compression via mapping 
the source and destination addresses into a flow label value per address 
pair sessions with a specific traffic class field value to identify the 
packet as “address-less” compressed header. The resultant headers, sans 
addresses shrink from 320 bits to 64 bits. This mapping is locally specific 
to the router port and the connecting hosts/router ports. Specifically 
written for use on low bandwidth links (less than T1 or 1.544Mbps), IPv6 
AMP’s applicability goes to integration of cellular/WiFi appliances and will 
be critical for tactical uses for military and first responder applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martinbeckman-ietf-ipv6-amp-ipv6hcamp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-martinbeckman-ietf-ipv6-amp-ipv6hcamp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-martinbeckman-ietf-ipv6-amp-ipv6hcamp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce