Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-p2prg-survey-search-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Survey of Research towards Robust Peer-to-Peer Networks: Search Methods
	Author(s)	: J. Risson, T. Moors
	Filename	: draft-irtf-p2prg-survey-search-01.txt
	Pages		: 82
	Date		: 2007-3-5
	
The pace of research on peer-to-peer (P2P) networking in the last 
   five years warrants a critical survey. P2P has the makings of a 
   disruptive technology - it can aggregate enormous storage and 
   processing resources while minimizing entry and scaling costs. 

   Failures are common amongst massive numbers of distributed peers, 
   though the impact of individual failures may be less than in 
   conventional architectures. Thus the key to realizing P2P's potential 
   in applications other than casual file sharing is robustness. 

   P2P search methods are first couched within an overall P2P taxonomy. 
   P2P indexes for simple key lookup are assessed, including those based 
   on Plaxton trees, rings, tori, butterflies, de Bruijn graphs and skip 
   graphs. Similarly, P2P indexes for keyword lookup, information 
   retrieval and data management are explored. Finally, early efforts to 
   optimize range, multi-attribute, join and aggregation queries over 
   P2P indexes are reviewed. Insofar as they are available in the 
   primary literature, robustness mechanisms and metrics are highlighted 
   throughout. However, the low-level mechanisms that most affect 
   robustness are not well isolated in the literature. Recommendations 
   are given for future research.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-p2prg-survey-search-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-irtf-p2prg-survey-search-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-p2prg-survey-search-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce