Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: ICMP Extensions for Unnumbered Interfaces
	Author(s)	: A. Atlas, et al.
	Filename	: draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-3-7
	
This memo defines extensions to ICMP that permit identification of
   unnumbered interfaces.  The interface the triggering IPv4 or IPv6
   packet was received upon can be identified by appending an ifIndex
   and/or a string describing the interface.  These extensions are
   defined to facilitate troubleshooting in network with unnumbered
   interfaces.  Additionally, to facilitate debugging of numbered
   interfaces, an IPv4 or IPv6 address of the interface the triggering
   IPv4 or IPv6 packet was received upon can be identified by appending
   an IPv4 or IPv6 address.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce