Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-ospf-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for OSPF
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia, et al.
	Filename	: draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-ospf-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2007-3-1
	
OSPF defines three different kinds of authentication schemes: Null 
   authentication, simple password and cryptographic authentication. The 
   cryptographic authentication scheme can make use of various 
   cryptographic algorithms in order to authenticate the OSPF packets. 
   To ensure interoperability between disparate implementations, it is 
   necessary to specify a set of mandatory-to-implement algorithms to 
   ensure that there is at least one algorithm that all implementations 
   will have available.   
    
   This document defines the current set of mandatory-to-implement 
   algorithms to be used for the cryptographic authentication for OSPF 
   as well as specifying the algorithms that should be implemented 
   because they may be promoted to mandatory at some future time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-ospf-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-ospf-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-manral-crypto-req-ospf-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce