Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RBridges: Base Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: R. Perlman, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-03.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2007-3-5
	
RBridges allow for optimal pair-wise forwarding with zero 
   configuration, safe forwarding even during periods of temporary 
   loops, and the ability to cut down on ARP/ND and IP multicast 
   traffic. They achieve these goals by replacing the Spanning Tree 
   protocol with IS-IS.  

   The design also supports VLANs, and allows forwarding tables to be 
   based on RBridge destinations (rather than endnode destinations), 
   which allows internal forwarding tables to be substantially smaller 
   than in conventional bridge systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce