Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Over the IP Specific part of the Packet Convergence sublayer in 802.16 Networks
	Author(s)	: B. Patil, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-08.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2007-3-8
	
IEEE Std 802.16 is an Air Interface for Fixed and Mobile Broadband
   Wireless Access Systems.  The 802.16 specification includes several
   service specific convergence sublayers (CS) as part of the MAC
   (Medium Access Control) layer which are used by upper layer
   protocols.  The ATM CS and Packet CS are the two main service
   specific convergence sublayers and these are a part of the 802.16 MAC
   to which the upper layers interface.  The packet CS is used for
   transport for all packet-based protocols such as Internet Protocol
   (IP), IEEE Std. 802.3 (Ethernet) and, IEEE Std 802.1Q (VLAN).  The IP
   specific part of the Packet CS enables transport of IPv4 and IPv6
   packets directly over the MAC.  This document specifies the
   addressing and operation of IPv6 over the IP specific part of the
   packet CS for hosts served by a network that utilizes the IEEE Std
   802.16 air interface.  It recommends the assignment of a unique
   prefix (or prefixes) to each host and allows the host to use multiple
   identifiers within that prefix, including support for randomly
   generated interface identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce