Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Distributing a Symmetric FMIPv6 Handover Key using SEND 
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2007-3-2
	
     Fast Mobile IPv6 requires that a Fast Binding Update is secured 
     using a security association shared between an Access Router and a 
     Mobile Node in order to avoid certain attacks. In this document, a 
     method for distributing a shared key to secure this signaling is 
     defined. The method utilizes the RSA public key that the Mobile 
     Node used to generate its Cryptographically Generated Address in 
     SEND. The RSA public key is used to encrypt a shared key sent from 
     the Access Router to the Mobile Node prior to handover. The 
     ability of the Mobile Node to decrypt the shared key verifies its 
     possession of the private key corresponding to the CGA public key 
     used to generate the address. This allows the Mobile Node to use 
     the shared key to sign and authorize the routing changes triggered 
     by the Fast Binding Update.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce