Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-matthews-p2psip-nats-and-overlays-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: The Effect of NATs on P2PSIP Overlay Architecture
	Author(s)	: E. Cooper, P. Matthews
	Filename	: draft-matthews-p2psip-nats-and-overlays-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2007-3-6
	
This paper explains the problems created by Network Address 
   Translators (NATs) in Peer-to-Peer (P2P) overlays and recommends some 
   NAT traversal techniques appropriate for P2PSIP networks. Two P2PSIP 
   overlay architectures that accommodate the presence of NATs are 
   described and analyzed. The first is the super-peer scheme used in a    number of p2p file-sharing systems today. The second is a scheme 
   where all peers play an equal role in the overlay.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matthews-p2psip-nats-and-overlays-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-matthews-p2psip-nats-and-overlays-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-matthews-p2psip-nats-and-overlays-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce