Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:50:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Better-Than-Nothing Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPsec Channels: Connection Latching
	Author(s)	: N. Williams
	Filename	: draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-3-1
	
This document specifies, abstractly, how to interface applications
   and transport protocols with IPsec so as to create "channels" by
   "latching" "connections" (packet flows) to certain IPsec Security
   Association (SA) parameters for their lifetime.  This can be used to
   protect applications against accidentally exposing live packet flows
   to unintended peers, whether as the result of a reconfiguration of
   IPsec or as the result of using weak peer identity to peer address
   associations.

   Weak association of peer ID and peer addresses is at the core of
   Better Than Nothing Security (BTNS), thus connection latching can add
   a significant measure of protection to BTNS IPsec nodes.  Latched
   connections also represent IPsec channels, a building block for
   channel binding to IPsec; channel binding adds an additional level of
   protection to applications using BTNS IPsec, and IPsec in general.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce