Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-martinbeckman-ietf-ipv6-fls-ipv6flowswitching-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Dynamic Flow Label Switching (FLS)
	Author(s)	: M. Beckman
	Filename	: draft-martinbeckman-ietf-ipv6-fls-ipv6flowswitching-03.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2007-3-22
	
This document seeks to establish a standard for the utilization of the 
	Class of Service Field and the us of the Flow Label Field within the IPv6 
	Header and establish a methodology of switching packets through routers 
	using the first 32-bits of the IPv6 header using Flow Label Switching on 
	packets rather than	full routing of packets. Within the first 32-bits 
	of an IPv6 header exists the requisite information to allow for the 
	immediate “switching” on an ingress packet of a router, allowing for 
	“Label Switching” of a native IPv6 packet. This allows the establishment 
	of VPN circuits in a dynamic manner across transit networks. The 
	establishment of “Flows” based upon the 20-bit “Flow Label” value can be 
	done dynamically with minimal effort and configuration of the end-point 
	routers of the flow. The flows can be managed or open, encrypted or in the 
	clear, and will allow for greater scalability, security, and agility in 
	the management and operation of networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martinbeckman-ietf-ipv6-fls-ipv6flowswitching-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-martinbeckman-ietf-ipv6-fls-ipv6flowswitching-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-martinbeckman-ietf-ipv6-fls-ipv6flowswitching-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce