Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Label Switched Path Stitching with Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering (GMPLS TE)
	Author(s)	: A. Ayyangar, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2007-3-1
	
In certain scenarios, there may be a need to combine together several
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Label Switched
   Paths (LSPs) such that a single end-to-end (e2e) LSP is realized and
   all traffic from one constituent LSP is switched onto the next LSP.
   We will refer to this as "LSP stitching", the key requirement being
   that a constituent LSP not be allocated to more than one e2e LSP.
   The constituent LSPs will be referred to as "LSP segments" (S-LSPs).

   This document describes extensions to the existing GMPLS signaling
   protocol (RSVP-TE) to establish e2e LSPs created from from S-LSPs,
   and describes how the LSPs can be managed using the GMPLS signaling
   and routing protocols.

   It may be possible to configure a GMPLS node to switch the traffic
   from an LSP for which it is the egress, to another LSP for which it
   is the ingress, without requiring any signaling or routing extensions
   whatsoever, completely transparent to other nodes.  This will also
   result in LSP stitching in the data plane.  However, this document
   does not cover this scenario of LSP stitching.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce