Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-krishnaswamy-dnsop-dnssec-split-view-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:50:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Split-View DNSSEC Operational Practices
	Author(s)	: S. Krishnaswamy
	Filename	: draft-krishnaswamy-dnsop-dnssec-split-view-04.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2007-3-6
	
The security extensions to the Domain Name System (DNSSEC) allow for
   integrity protection, whereby it is possible to make a determination
   of the verity of data returned from the Domain Name System in
   response to a query.  Current operation of the Domain Name System
   also allows for the creation of multiple views of data, where the
   answer returned in response to a query is dependent on the origin of
   the query.  Data integrity and the ability to return possibly
   conflicting values as in split-views may be construed to be mutually
   conflicting goals; but this apparent dichotomy is resolvable in
   practice through careful configuration.  This document provides
   recommendations for configuring a manageable split-view DNSSEC
   environment in a representative enterprise network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krishnaswamy-dnsop-dnssec-split-view-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-krishnaswamy-dnsop-dnssec-split-view-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-krishnaswamy-dnsop-dnssec-split-view-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce