Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sun-dime-diameter-resource-control-requirements-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:50:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Towards the Specification of a Diameter Resource Control Application: gaps, functional requirements and models, and implementations
	Author(s)	: Z. Zeltsan, D. Sun
	Filename	: draft-sun-dime-diameter-resource-control-requirements-01.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2007-3-5
	
This I-D is to analyze the gaps in the ongoing work of the QoS 
   application in the DIME WG, discuss the extension of the scope of QoS 
   application to a generic resource control application for a variety 
   of network technologies and use cases, and investigate potential 
   mechanisms to support additional resource control scenarios.  The 
   current Diameter Quality of Service Application (draft-tschofenig-
   dime-diameter-qos-01.txt) is limited to an environment where network 
   elements triggered by certain mechanisms (e.g. path-coupled QoS 
   signaling such as RSVP or NSIS initiated by end-hosts) can request 
   QoS authorization of network resources. It does not address 
   environments where end-hosts and/or network elements is unable to 
   issue a resource request initiatively. In such environments, a 
   different mode of operations is needed to allow an authorizing entity 
   to not just authorize QoS resources upon the receipt of the request 
   from network elements but also directly authorize resources and 
   dictate routers/switches to enforce the decisions without the request 
   from network elements. The new mode of operations also lends itself 
   to address resource control in general. It can control resources for 
   the purpose beyond QoS support, such as NAPT, media latching, and 
   packet filtering.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sun-dime-diameter-resource-control-requirements-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sun-dime-diameter-resource-control-requirements-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sun-dime-diameter-resource-control-requirements-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce