Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sarolahti-tsvwg-crosslayer-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 15:50:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Transport-layer Considerations for Explicit Cross-layer Indications
	Author(s)	: P. Sarolahti, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sarolahti-tsvwg-crosslayer-01.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2007-3-8
	
Several types of explicit cross-layer communication schemes have
    been proposed to enhance the transport protocol performance.
    However, various challenges with such schemes have been identified,
    for example concerning the interactions with the middleboxes and
    tunnels in the network.  This document discusses different types of
    explicit cross-layer notification mechanisms that have been proposed
    to enhance end-to-end transport performance. We analyze the
    different mechanisms using a taxonomy based on what kind of network
    interactions they require, and discuss the benefits and
    disadvantages different approaches have.  The objective is to get a
    common understanding of the possibilities and challenges with these
    mechanisms, with pointers to past discussions on this topic, and to
    describe the possible next steps towards removing barriers from
    explicit cross-layer communication in future protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarolahti-tsvwg-crosslayer-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sarolahti-tsvwg-crosslayer-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarolahti-tsvwg-crosslayer-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce