Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: LDP Extensions for Optimized MAC Address Withdrawal in H-VPLS
	Author(s)	: M. Lasserre, P. Dutta
	Filename	: draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-02.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2007-3-5
	
[RFC4762] defines a mechanism to remove or unlearn MAC addresses 
   that have been dynamically learned in a VPLS Instance for faster 
   convergence on topology change. The MAC addresses removed in this 
   procedure also include the MAC addresses learned in a VSI that are 
   not affected due to such topology change. This document defines an 
   extension to LDP Address Withdraw Message with empty MAC List 
   defined in [RFC4762], that enables a Provider Edge(PE) device 
   receiving the message to remove only the MAC addresses that are 
   affected and need to be relearned.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pdutta-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-mac-opt-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce