Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptor-object-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:50:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Raptor Forward Error Correction Scheme for Object Delivery
	Author(s)	: M. Luby, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptor-object-07.txt
	Pages		: 52
	Date		: 2007-3-1
	
This document describes a Fully-Specified FEC scheme, corresponding
   to FEC Encoding ID 1, for the Raptor forward error correction code
   and its application to reliable delivery of data objects.

   Raptor is a fountain code, i.e., as many encoding symbols as needed
   can be generated by the encoder on-the-fly from the source symbols of
   a source block of data.  The decoder is able to recover the source
   block from any set of encoding symbols only slightly more in number
   than the number of source symbols.

   The Raptor code described here is a systematic code, meaning that all
   the source symbols are among the encoding symbols that can be
   generated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptor-object-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptor-object-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptor-object-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce