Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dkim-overview-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 15:50:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Message Signing Service Overview
	Author(s)	: T. Hansen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dkim-overview-04.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2007-3-8
	
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) associates a "responsible" identity
   with a message and provides a means of verifying that the association
   is legitimate.[I-D.ietf-dkim-base].  DKIM defines a domain-level
   authentication framework for email using public-key cryptography and
   key server technology.  This permits verifying the source or
   intermediary for a message, as well as the contents of messages.  The
   ultimate goal of this framework is to permit a signing domain to
   assert responsibility for a message, thus proving and protecting the
   identity associated with the message and the integrity of the
   messages itself, while retaining the functionality of Internet email
   as it is known today.  Such protection of email identity, may assist
   in the global control of "spam" and "phishing".  This document
   provides an overview of DKIM and describes how it can fit into a
   messaging service, how it relates to other IETF message signature
   technologies.  It also includes implementation and migration
   considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-overview-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-dkim-overview-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-overview-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce