Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yao-pim-anycast-rp-autoconfiguration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Anycast RP auto-configuration
	Author(s)	: Y. Chunyan
	Filename	: draft-yao-pim-anycast-rp-autoconfiguration-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2007-3-20

   Anycast RP (Rendezvous Point) is widely supported by router 
   vendors.  Each RP in the anycast RP set is configured with the RP 
   Address (RPA), and the addresses of all members/routers in the 
   anycast-RP set.  If the number of anycast RP members is more than 1, 
   manual configuration of RP information is prone to inconsistency 
   which can cause connectivity problems, especially when the addresses 
   are IPv6 address or the members of anycast RP set need to be changed 
   (e.g.some new members are added, or some old members are removed from
   the anycast RP set).  Aiming to this problem, this document provides
   a mechanism to automatically configure anycast RP members/routers.  
   In this mechanism,only one RP member/router in the anycast RP set 
   needs to be configured firstly, so it knows the anycast RP address 
   and the addresses of all members in the anycast RP set. It sends 
   anycast RP configuration information (including the anycast RP 
   address and an address list) to each of other member in the 
   anycast-RP set.  Other members will check the information and 
   configure itself after receiving the anycast RP configuration 
   information,and respond the firstly configured RP with checking 
   results and configuration results.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yao-pim-anycast-rp-autoconfiguration-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-yao-pim-anycast-rp-autoconfiguration-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yao-pim-anycast-rp-autoconfiguration-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce