Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-garcia-simple-presence-dictionary-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: The Presence-specific Dictionary for the 
                          Signaling Compression (Sigcomp) Framework
	Author(s)	: M. Garcia-Martin
	Filename	: draft-garcia-simple-presence-dictionary-03.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2007-3-28
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a text-based protocol for
   initiating and managing communication sessions.  The protocol is
   extended by the SIP-events framework to provide, e.g., subscriptions
   and notifications to presence information that are carried in
   presence documents.  SIP can be compressed by using Signaling
   Compression (SigComp), which is enhanced by using the SIP/SDP
   dictionary to achieve better compression rates.  However, the SIP/SDP
   dictionary is not able to increase the compression factor of
   (typically lengthy) presence documents.  This memo defines the
   presence-specific static dictionary that SigComp may use in order to
   achieve higher efficiency.  The dictionary is compression algorithm
   independent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-simple-presence-dictionary-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-garcia-simple-presence-dictionary-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-garcia-simple-presence-dictionary-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce