Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-faster-restart-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:50:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Faster Restart for TCP Friendly Rate Control (TFRC)
	Author(s)	: E. Kohler, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-faster-restart-02.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2007-3-2
	
TCP-Friendly Rate Control (TFRC) is a congestion control mechanism
   for unicast flows operating in a best-effort Internet environment
   [RFC3448].  This document introduces Faster Restart, an optional
   mechanism for safely improving the behavior of interactive flows that
   use TFRC.  Faster Restart is proposed for use with both the default
   TFRC and with the small packet variant of TFRC [TFRCSP].  We present
   Faster Restart in general terms as a congestion control mechanism,
   and further describe how to implement Faster Restart in Datagram
   Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) Congestion Control IDs 3 and 4
   [RFC4342], [CCID4].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-faster-restart-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-faster-restart-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-faster-restart-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce