Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manral-rpsec-existing-crypto-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Issues with existing Cryptographic Protection Methods for Routing Protocols
	Author(s)	: V. Manral, et al.
	Filename	: draft-manral-rpsec-existing-crypto-04.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2007-4-30
	
Routing protocols often use cryptographic mechanisms to authenticate 
   data being received from a neighboring router has not been modified 
   in transit, and actually originated from the neighboring router 
   purporting to have originating the data.  Most of the cryptographic 
   mechanisms rely on hash algorithms applied to the data in the routing 
   protocol packet, which means the data is transported, in the clear, 
   along with the has signature based on the data itself.  These 
   mechanisms rely on the manual configuration of the keys used to seed, 
   or build, these hash based signatures.  This document outlines some 
   of the problems with manual keying of these cryptographic algorithms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-rpsec-existing-crypto-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-manral-rpsec-existing-crypto-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-manral-rpsec-existing-crypto-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce