Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guy-iax-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IAX2: Inter-Asterisk eXchange Version 2
	Author(s)	: B. Capouch, et al.
	Filename	: draft-guy-iax-03.txt
	Pages		: 116
	Date		: 2007-4-18
	
This document describes the Inter-Asterisk eXchange protocol, Version
   2, (IAX2) an application-layer control and media protocol for
   creating, modifying, and terminating multimedia sessions over
   Internet Protocol (IP) networks.  IAX2 was developed by the open
   source community for the Asterisk PBX and is targeted primarily at
   Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) call control, but it can be used
   with streaming video or any other type of multimedia.

   IAX2 is an "all in one" protocol for handling multimedia in IP
   networks.  It combines both control and media services in the same
   protocol.  In addition, IAX2 uses a single UDP data stream on a
   static port greatly simplifying Network Address Translation (NAT)
   gateway traversal, eliminating the need for other protocols to work
   around NAT, and simplifying network and firewall management.  IAX2
   employs a compact encoding which decreases bandwidth usage and is
   well suited for Internet telephony service.  In addition, its open
   nature permits new payload types additions needed to support
   additional services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guy-iax-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-guy-iax-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guy-iax-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce