Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opsec-infrastructure-security-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Service Provider Infrastructure Security
	Author(s)	: D. Lewis, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-opsec-infrastructure-security-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-4-10
	
This RFC describes best current practices for implementing Service
   Provider network infrastructure protection for network elements.
   This RFC complements and extends RFC 2267 and RFC 3704.  RFC 2267
   provides guidelines for filtering traffic on the ingress to service
   provider networks.  RFC 3704 expands the recommendations described in
   RFC 2267 to address operational filtering guidelines for single and
   multi-homed environments.  The focus of those RFCs is on filtering
   packets on ingress to a network, regardless of destination, if those
   packets have a spoofed source address, or if the source address fall
   within "reserved" address space.  Deployment of RFCs 2267 and 3704
   has limited the effects of denial of service attacks by dropping
   ingress packets with spoofed source addresses, which in turn offers
   other benefits by ensuring that packets coming into a network
   originate from validly allocated and consistent sources.  This
   document focuses solely on traffic destined to elements of the the
   network infrastructure itself.  This document presents techniques
   that, together with network edge ingress filtering and RFC 2267 and
   RFC 3704, provides a defense in depth approach for infrastructure
   protection.  This document does not present recommendations for
   protocol validation (i.e. "sanity checking") nor does it address
   guidelines for general security configuration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-infrastructure-security-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-opsec-infrastructure-security-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-infrastructure-security-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce