Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schoenw-snmp-discover-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) EngineID Discovery
	Author(s)	: J. Schoenwaelder
	Filename	: draft-schoenw-snmp-discover-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-4-16
	
The third version of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
   assumes that a manager knows the identifier of a remote SNMP protocol
   engine (the so called snmpEngineID) in order to retrieve or
   manipulate objects maintained locally on the remote engine.  This
   document introduces a well-known localEngineID and a discovery
   mechanism which can be used to learn the engine identifier of a
   remote SNMP protocol engine.  The proposed mechanism is independent
   of the features provided by SNMP security models and may also be used
   by other protocol interfaces providing access to managed objects.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schoenw-snmp-discover-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-schoenw-snmp-discover-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schoenw-snmp-discover-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce