Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opsec-framework-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure
	Author(s)	: G. Jones, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-opsec-framework-05.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2007-4-3
	
This document outlines work done and documents produced by the
   Operational Security Capabilities (OPSEC) Working Group.  The goal of
   the working group is to codify knowledge gained through operational
   experience about feature sets that are needed to securely deploy and
   operate managed network elements providing transit services at the
   data link and IP layers.

   The intent is to provide clear, concise documentation of capabilities
   necessary for operating networks securely, to assist network
   operators in communicating their requirements to vendors, and to
   provide vendors with input that is useful for building more secure
   devices.  The working group produced a list of capabilities
   appropriate for large Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Enterprise
   Networks.  This work is intended to refine [RFC3871].

   This document also provides guidance for the creation of profile
   documents which are lists of security features needed in specific
   operating environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-framework-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-opsec-framework-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-framework-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce