Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-raws-report-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Report from the IAB Workshop on Routing and Addressing
	Author(s)	: D. Meyers, et al.
	Filename	: draft-iab-raws-report-02.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2007-4-16
	
This document reports the outcome of the Routing and Addressing
   Workshop which the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) held on October
   18-19, 2006 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.  The primary goal of the
   workshop was to develop a shared understanding of the problems that
   the large backbone operators are facing regarding the scalability of
   today's Internet routing system.  The key workshop findings include
   an analysis of the major factors that are driving routing table
   growth, constraints in router technology, and the limitations of
   today's Internet addressing architecture.  It is hoped that these
   findings will serve as input to the IETF community and help identify
   next steps towards effective solutions.

   Note that this document is a report on the proceedings of the
   workshop.  The views and positions documented in this report are
   those of the workshop participants and not the IAB.  Furthermore,
   note that work on issues related to this workshop report is
   continuing, and this document does not intend to reflect the
   increased understanding of issues nor to discuss the range of
   potential solutions that may be the outcome of this ongoing work.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-raws-report-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-iab-raws-report-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iab-raws-report-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce