Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-fec-bb-revised-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Forward Error Correction (FEC) Building Block
	Author(s)	: M. Watson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-fec-bb-revised-07.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2007-4-18
	
This document describes how to use Forward Error Correction (FEC)
   codes to efficiently provide and/or augment reliability for bulk data
   transfer over IP multicast.  This document defines a framework for
   the definition of the information that needs to be communicated in
   order to use an FEC code for bulk data transfer, in addition to the
   encoded data itself, and for definition of formats and codes for
   communcation of that information.  Both information communicated with
   the encoded data itself and information that needs to be communicated
   'out-of-band' are considered.  The procedures for specifying new FEC
   codes, defining the information communication requirements associated
   with those codes and registering them with the Internet Assigned
   Numbers Authority (IANA) are also described.  The requirements on
   Content Delivery Protocols which wish to use FEC codes defined within
   this framework are also defined.  The companion document titled, "The
   Use of Forward Error Correction (FEC) in Reliable Multicast"
   describes some applications of FEC codes for delivering content.
   This document obsoletes RFC3452.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-fec-bb-revised-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-rmt-fec-bb-revised-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-fec-bb-revised-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce