Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kunze-rfc2413bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: The Dublin Core Metadata Element Set
	Author(s)	: J. Kunze, T. Baker
	Filename	: draft-kunze-rfc2413bis-07.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2007-4-25
	
The Dublin Core Metadata Workshop Series began in 1995 with an
   invitational workshop which brought together librarians, digital
   library researchers, content experts, and text-markup experts to
   promote better discovery standards for electronic resources.  The
   resulting metadata element set defines fifteen metadata elements for
   resource description in a cross-disciplinary information environment.

   This document contains the current text of Dublin Core "Version 1.1".
   Version 1.1 is the basis of ANSI/NISO Z39.85-2001 [Z39.85].  The text
   in the present RFC closely follows the text in the 2007 revision of
   ANSI/NISO Z39.85, especially sections 2-6 and 10-12.  The present RFC
   obsoletes the Internet RFC 2413 [RFC2413], which was the first
   published version of the Dublin Core ("Version 1.0").  The main
   differences between the present RFC and RFC 2413 are in the wording
   of definitions -- for Contributor and Date (semantically broadened),
   for Relation (clarified), and in general removing redundant
   references to "the content of" a resource.  In addition, the present
   RFC recommends lowercase element names (consistent with RDF property
   types), remains silent about the unrestrictedness of element ordering
   and repeatability (application profiles being the proper place to
   discuss such topics), and references the current abstract model,
   vocabularies, and namespace policies in which the Dublin Core is
   embedded.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kunze-rfc2413bis-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-kunze-rfc2413bis-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kunze-rfc2413bis-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce