Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-li-bgp-stability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: BGP Stability Improvements
	Author(s)	: T. Li
	Filename	: draft-li-bgp-stability-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-5-29
	
   BGP is the routing protocol used to tie the Autonomous Systems (ASes)
   of the Internet together.  The ongoing stability of BGP in the face
   of arbitrary inputs, both malicious and unintentional, is of primary
   importance to the overall stability of the Internet.  The overall
   issue is not a new one.  Previously, one aspect of stability, known
   as route flap damping was originally discussed in RFC 2439.  In the
   intervening years, a great deal of experience with flap damping and
   other stability concerns has been accumulated.  Most recently, the

   issue of BGP stability has been highlighted in RAWS.  This document
   describes the experience that has been gained concerning stability in
   the intervening years, hypotheses about remaining problems,
   suggestions for experiments to be performed, and proposals for
   possible alternatives.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-bgp-stability-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-li-bgp-stability-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-li-bgp-stability-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce