Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-opsec-logging-caps-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Logging Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure
	Author(s)	: P. Cain, G. Jones
	Filename	: draft-ietf-opsec-logging-caps-03.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2007-5-1
	
This document lists logging capabilities originally identified in
   Operational Security Requirements for Large Internet Service Provider
   (ISP) IP Network Infrastructure [RFC3871] and needed to support
   current operational practices, including those described in
   Operational Security Current Practices In Internet Service Provider
   Environments [RFC4778].  Logging is defined as the delivery of
   messages about the device, the data passing through the device, or
   the device's interaction with another device and has been
   traditionally provided via the syslog or SNMP protocols.

   Capabilities are defined without reference to specific technologies.
   This is done to leave room for deployment of new technologies that
   implement the capability.  Each capability cites the practices it
   supports.  Current implementations that support the capability are
   cited.  Special considerations are discussed as appropriate listing
   operational and resource constraints, limitations of current
   implementations, trade-offs, etc.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-logging-caps-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-opsec-logging-caps-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-logging-caps-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce