Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fedyk-gmpls-ethernet-pbb-te-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: GMPLS control of Ethernet
	Author(s)	: D. Fedyk, et al.
	Filename	: draft-fedyk-gmpls-ethernet-pbb-te-01.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2007-5-17
	
Carrier Grade Ethernet transport solutions require the capability of 
   flexible service provisioning and fast protection switching. 
   Currently, Ethernet is being extended in IEEE to meet the scalability 
   needs of transport networks.  
   The IETF specified GMPLS to control transport networks. To enable 
   integration of Ethernet based transport solutions the extension of 
   GMPLS control plane for Ethernet is of value.   
    
   This memo describes how a GMPLS control plane may be applied to the 
   Provider Backbone Bridges Traffic Engineering (PBB-TE 802.1Qay) 
   amendment to 802.1Q and how GMPLS can be used to configure VLAN-aware 
   Ethernet switches in order to establish Ethernet P2P and P2MP MAC 
   switched paths and P2P/P2MP VID based trees.  This document assumes 
   any standard changes to IEEE data planes will be undertaken only in 
   the IEEE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fedyk-gmpls-ethernet-pbb-te-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-fedyk-gmpls-ethernet-pbb-te-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fedyk-gmpls-ethernet-pbb-te-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce