Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manral-ipv6-detecting-loops-rh-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Detecting loops in the IPv6 Routing Header Type 0 
	Author(s)	: V. Manral, M. Dutta
	Filename	: draft-manral-ipv6-detecting-loops-rh-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2007-5-30
	
   [RFC2460] defines an IPv6 extension header called "Routing Header",
   identified by a Next Header value of 43 in the immediately preceding
   header.  A particular Routing Header subtype denoted as "Type 0" is
   also defined.  Type 0 Routing Headers are referred to as "RH0" in
   this document.

   Use of RH0 has been shown to have unpleasant security implications.
   Many of these attacks are caused by loops in the routing header. This 
   document lists checks which need to be done in the intermediate routers
   in order to prevent such routing loops in the Routing Header

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-ipv6-detecting-loops-rh-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-manral-ipv6-detecting-loops-rh-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-manral-ipv6-detecting-loops-rh-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce