Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hilt-pim-tree-unreachability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Join failure notification for PIM-SM multicast routing
	Author(s)	: B. Hilt, et al.
	Filename	: draft-hilt-pim-tree-unreachability-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2007-5-3
	
   Currently, PIM-SM is the most widely deployed multicast routing
   protocol in the Internet.  Nevertheless this multicast protocol lacks
   connectivity debugging function, making it difficult to identify for
   example; -multicast routing problem, -source unavailability, -RP
   failure, etc...  When a host wants to receive a multicast group/
   channel, if for any reason the associated tree branch cannot be
   built, nothing exists to inform the receiver or its network about
   this failure.  We propose here a new PIM message suitable for Join
   forwarding error notification.  It is able to inform where and why
   such an error happened in the network and this without using a
   multicast traceroute mechanism.  This message is also suitable to
   reduce globally the impact of useless branches in a PIM domain.
   Furthermore it should be used to block DDoS (Distributed Denial of
   Service) attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hilt-pim-tree-unreachability-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-hilt-pim-tree-unreachability-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hilt-pim-tree-unreachability-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce