Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-mobopts-l2-abstractions-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Unified L2 Abstractions for L3-Driven Fast Handover
	Author(s)	: F. Teraoka, et al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-mobopts-l2-abstractions-03.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2007-5-8
	
This draft proposes unified L2 abstractions for L3-driven fast
   handovers.  For efficient network communication, it is vital for a
   protocol layer to know or utilize other layer's information such as a
   form of L2 triggers.  However, each protocol layer is basically
   designed independently.  Since each protocol layer is also
   implemented independently in current operating systems, it is very
   hard to exchange control information between protocol layers.  To
   solve the problem, this draft defines nine kinds of L2 abstractions
   in the form of "primitive" to achieve fast handovers in the network
   layer.  This mechanism is called "L3-driven fast handovers" because
   the network layer initiates L2 and L3 handovers by using the
   "primitives".  This document is a product of the IP Mobility
   Optimizations (MobOpts) Research Group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-l2-abstractions-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-irtf-mobopts-l2-abstractions-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-l2-abstractions-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce