Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shacham-http-corr-uris-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: HTTP Header for Future Correspondence Addresses
	Author(s)	: R. Shacham, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-shacham-http-corr-uris-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2007-5-11
	
   A large amount of email is non-personal, automated communication,
   such as newsletters, confirmations and legitimate advertisements.
   These are often tagged as spam by content filters.  This type of
   correspondence is usually initiated by a transaction over the web,
   such as a purchase or signing up for a service.  Therefore, we
   propose a new HTTP header to carry the addresses that may be used by
   the provider to correspond with the user.  These may be email
   addresses, or those used in other protocols, such as SIP.  This will
   facilitate the automatic inclusion of these addresses in whitelists
   used for spam prevention.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shacham-http-corr-uris-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-shacham-http-corr-uris-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shacham-http-corr-uris-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce