Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-tmrg-ns2-tcp-tool-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: An NS2 TCP Evaluation Tool
	Author(s)	: G. Wang, et al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-tmrg-ns2-tcp-tool-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2007-5-1
	
   This document introduces a TCP performance evaluation tool for the 
   network simulator NS2.  This tool is motivated by the observation 
   that there is significant overlap among (but lack of an agreed set  
   of) the topologies, traffic, and metrics used by many researchers   
   in the evaluation of TCP alternatives: effort could be saved by 
   starting research from an existing framework.  As such, our tool 
   includes several typical topologies and traffic models; it measures 
   some of the most important metrics commonly used in TCP evaluation; 
   and it can automatically generate simulation statistics and graphs 
   ready for inclusion in latex and html documents.  The tool also 
   contains an extendable open-source framework.  With community effort, 
   we hope the tool evolves into a widely accepted, well-defined set of 
   TCP performance evaluation benchmarks. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-tmrg-ns2-tcp-tool-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-irtf-tmrg-ns2-tcp-tool-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-tmrg-ns2-tcp-tool-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce