Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xu-yang-retargeting-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Retargeting Security in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
	Author(s)	: Y. Xu
	Filename	: draft-xu-yang-retargeting-security-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2007-5-11
	
   As a SIP request is processed along its route to the destination, the 
   initial request-URI can be altered without callers’ notice or 
   consent. The caller may concern both the final call recipient’s 
   identity and the authorities of the SIP intermediaries that alter the 
   request-URI. Especially when the caller does not know the final call 
   recipient, simply giving his/her identity to the caller will not help 
   the caller to decide the legitimacy of the call. Without a secure 
   retarget mechanism, the end-to-end security of SIP cannot be 
   guaranteed. This document proposes a security mechanism to provide 
   the caller with credentials of SIP intermediaries that retarget a 
   request and the final recipient’s identity through response.  

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-yang-retargeting-security-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-xu-yang-retargeting-security-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xu-yang-retargeting-security-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce