Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sunyi-fast-rsvp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Extensions to Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) for Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: Y. Sun, et al.
	Filename	: draft-sunyi-fast-rsvp-01.txt
	Pages		: 59
	Date		: 2007-5-30
	
RSVP [1] is designed as a signaling protocol that provides end-to-end
   QoS guarantee for real-time services in the fixed hardwired network.
   However, when used in the mobile environment, the protocol doesn't
   work well due to the mobility of the endpoints.  Immediately after a
   handover occurs, because of the lack of resource reservation in the
   handoff target subnet, QoS of the session degrades notably.  Another
   problem is that when route optimization is implemented,the protocol
   will be invalidated due to certain features of the route optimization
   mechanism.

   This document proposes extensions to RSVP.  The extensions enable
   RSVP to operate in the mobile IPv6 network while providing advanced
   resource reservation before handover and resource reservation on the
   optimized route after handover.  With these features, QoS of the
   sessions can be guaranteed and the utilization of network resources
   can be enhanced resulting in the improvement of overall network
   performance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sunyi-fast-rsvp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sunyi-fast-rsvp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sunyi-fast-rsvp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce