Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xie-ccamp-lsp-dppm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Label Switched Path (LSP) Dynamical Provisioning Performance Metrics in Generalized MPLS Networks
	Author(s)	: G. Xie, et al.
	Filename	: draft-xie-ccamp-lsp-dppm-01.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2007-5-30
	
Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) is one of the most
   promising candidate technologies for the future data transmission
   network.  The GMPLS has been developed to control and cooperate
   different kinds of network elements, such as conventional routers,
   switches, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) systems, Add-
   Drop Multiplexors (ADMs), photonic cross-connects (PXCs), optical
   cross-connects (OXCs), etc.  Dynamic provisioning ability of these
   physically diverse devices differs from each other drastically.  At
   the same time, the need for dynamically provisioned connections is
   increasing because optical networks are being deployed in metro area.
   As different applications have varied requirements in the
   provisioning performance of optical networks, it is imperative to
   define standardized metrics and procedures such that the performance
   of networks and application needs can be mapped to each other.

   This document provides a series of performance metrics to evaluate
   the dynamic LSP provisioning performance in GMPLS networks,
   specifically the dynamical LSP setup/release performance.  These
   metrics can depict the features of the GMPLS network in LSP dynamic
   provisioning.  They can also be used in operational networks for
   carriers to monitor the control plane performance in realtime.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xie-ccamp-lsp-dppm-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-xie-ccamp-lsp-dppm-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xie-ccamp-lsp-dppm-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce