Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: An Extension to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Events for Pausing and Resuming Notifications
	Author(s)	: M. Vakil
	Filename	: draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-5-8
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events framework enables a
   subscriber to receive asynchronous notification of various events
   from other SIP user agents.  It defines mechanisms to create,
   refresh, terminate subscriptions.  This framework also defines
   mechanism to fetch (poll) an event state of a resource without
   creating persistent subscriptions.  There is no mechanism to
   temporarily pause the notifications, while still maintaining a
   subscription on the server.  This lack of functionality sometime
   results in a lot of superfluous notification traffic, and put
   unnecessary load on the server.  This draft defines an extension to
   SIP events that allows the subscriber to pause, un-pause
   notifications, and be able to perform fetch (poll) subscriptions
   within an established (created) subscription dialog.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce