Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-previdi-isis-mi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IS-IS Multi-instance 
	Author(s)	: S. Previdi, et al.
	Filename	: draft-previdi-isis-mi-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-5-21
	
   This draft describes a mechanism that allows a single router to   
   share one or more links among multiple IS-IS routing protocol 
   instances. 

   Multiple instances allow the isolation of resources associated with 
   each instance. Routers will form instance specific adjacencies, 
   exchange instance specific routing updates and compute paths 
   utilizing instance specific LSDB information. Each PDU will contain 
   a new TLV identifying the instance to which the PDU belongs. This 
   allows a network operator to deploy multiple IS-IS instances in 
   parallel, using the same set of links when required and still have 
   the capability of computing instance specific paths. This draft does 
   not address the forwarding paradigm that needs to be used in order 
   to ensure data PDUs are forwarded according to the paths computed by 
   a specific instance. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-previdi-isis-mi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-previdi-isis-mi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-previdi-isis-mi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce