Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hilt-sip-correction-503-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Essential Correction to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 503 (Service Unavailable) Response
	Author(s)	: V. Hilt
	Filename	: draft-hilt-sip-correction-503-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-5-14
	
   Overload occurs in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) when SIP
   servers have insufficient resources to process all SIP messages they
   receive.  The SIP protocol specified in RFC 3261 provides the 503
   (Service Unavailable) response code as a remedy for servers under
   overload.  However, the current definition of 503 (Service
   Unavailable) has problems and can in fact amplify an overload
   condition.  This document proposes an essential correction to RFC
   3261 that avoids these problems and helps SIP servers to better cope
   with overload.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hilt-sip-correction-503-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-hilt-sip-correction-503-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hilt-sip-correction-503-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce