Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sarikaya-netlmm-prefix-delegation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: DHCPv6 or AAA Based Home Network Prefix Delegation for PMIPv6 and MIPv6
	Author(s)	: B. Sarikaya, F. Xia
	Filename	: draft-sarikaya-netlmm-prefix-delegation-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-5-8
	
   In Mobile IPv6 and Proxy Mobile IPv6, one prefix can only be assigned
   to one mobile node by the home agent/ local mobility anchor (HA/LMA)
   and different mobile nodes can not share this home network prefix.
   Managing per-MN home network prefixes is likely to increase the
   processing load at the HA/LMA.  Based on the idea that Dynamic Host
   Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) servers as well as
   Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) servers can manage
   prefixes, we propose a new technique in which HA/LMA offloads
   delegation and release tasks of the prefixes to the DHCPv6/AAA
   server.  HA/LMA requests a prefix for an incoming mobile node to the
   DHCPv6/AAA server.  Based on this prefix, the mobile node can create
   a home address.  When the mobile station leaves the network, the
   prefix is returned to the DHCPv6/AAA server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-netlmm-prefix-delegation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-sarikaya-netlmm-prefix-delegation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-netlmm-prefix-delegation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce